HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

With's with Carbo's obsession with the Fourth line?

Old
11-12-2006, 09:10 PM
oli500

vCash: 500
Well, guy carboneau likes to use his best players for special teams situations and in todays game more than half of the period is played on special teams. At one point guy has to use that fourth line because you cant rely on six players to carry you all year. The problem isent the use of the fourth line. Good teams are the ones that can role 4 lines and carboneau is just trying to use every one. The problem is Downey and Murray. I said it all summer, if you want to built a winner you need to built your team urond skilled players. (sabres) I have nothing againts downey and murray but both players in are lineup on a daily basis is going to hurt us in the long run. I much rather have a fourth line of lapierre-plekanec-kositsyn. This kind of line can really be a energy line and give are team a bost. Keep one of downey or murray as your spare foward. both in the line up hurt players like plekanec.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by larue View Post
It is a big rivalry to play the Leafs. Both teams have no excuse why they didnt compete hard. Toronto did and for the life of me I cant understand why Montreal didnt.

Watching that game I never ever have said "OMG what are you doing" so much.

It was pathetic to watch.
Yeah but.. I am in total belief a staff that includes Guy Carbonneau, Doug Jarvis and Kirk Muller Being led with the wisdom of guys like Gainey and Melanson will find the problems and reflect on that before tonights match up against the Senators... Those type of games offer some crucial moments where the coaching needs to be tight... I believe that the boys will be flying tonight...

Kostitsyn

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
Well, guy carboneau likes to use his best players for special teams situations and in todays game more than half of the period is played on special teams. At one point guy has to use that fourth line because you cant rely on six players to carry you all year. The problem isent the use of the fourth line. Good teams are the ones that can role 4 lines and carboneau is just trying to use every one. The problem is Downey and Murray. I said it all summer, if you want to built a winner you need to built your team urond skilled players. (sabres) I have nothing againts downey and murray but both players in are lineup on a daily basis is going to hurt us in the long run. I much rather have a fourth line of lapierre-plekanec-kositsyn. This kind of line can really be a energy line and give are team a bost. Keep one of downey or murray as your spare foward. both in the line up hurt players like plekanec.
Buffalo has Mair, Gaustad and Peters for their 4th line.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote