HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ozo

Old
11-11-2006, 05:24 PM
The Zookeep

vCash: 500
Ozo

Being on the west coast I dont see too many rangers games. Just wondering how Sandis Ozolinsh has looked so far. I know a lot of Ranger fans were critical of his play last year. Has he turned a corner or is it the same old Ozo out there?

The Zookeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2006, 06:27 PM
The Big Apple

Last year Ozo was not in good shape, and his performance was effected by that. This year he is in much better condition and has been playing pritty well. He has been moving the puck pritty well, and is starting to contribute a little more on the powerplay. His defense has been average, and he looks like the top four defensemen, that he was earlier in his career.

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2006, 05:46 AM
Chicago Blueshirts

Send a message via AIM to Chicago Blueshirts
He had a huge gaff in the most recent game to allow the first goal, but overall he's improved this year. Still not playing like he was in his prime, but he's improving.

Chicago Blueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2006, 07:18 AM
gaglinefan

Recovery

He is playing better; however, he is one of the defense corps that continues to try clearing the puck with cross ice passes instead of up the boards. This results in giveaways and goals/penalties. He is not the only guy on the team that is doing this, it was getting better on the west coast swing, lets hope no one does it Tuesday, we will get killed.
Better focus, the guy has ability and can help us when he plays his A game.

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2006, 08:41 AM
shoothepuck

His dumb play in front of his own net last night, turned into a goal against and started NY's downslide. He has played better this season, but you can see that he has to try hard to play defensive. Given time, his play should improve, and he hasn't been as bad as expected.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 12:26 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

The best thing that can be said about Ozolinsh's play is that it hasn't been as "bad" as expected. Is it good enough? No, he's really not playing very well and the more he plays, the more exposed he's going to be.

I would be surprised if his play got significantly better any time soon--it's been a long time since he's played up to his ability.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 07:28 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatatat View Post
Being on the west coast I dont see too many rangers games. Just wondering how Sandis Ozolinsh has looked so far. I know a lot of Ranger fans were critical of his play last year. Has he turned a corner or is it the same old Ozo out there?
He have played much better then expected. Remember that he is comming of a knee surgery, is well into his 30's, and missed the entire camp!

I strongly belive that Renney should send Ozo to HFD on a conditioning stint right away and play Kaspar/Pck in his place for 14 days.

Ozo could get 1st PP time in HFD, work on his conditioning, get more involved offensivly ect. He would also be used as a nr 1 D, without any real pressure on him, he would be on the PP without pressure.

Kaspar would get one last chance to prove himself. If nothing else improve his tradevalue. Market himself. A Kaspar almost litterary playing with a knife on his throat will contribute. Pck could also get some ice time.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 07:36 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Well he has definitly been much improved since last season. However like the other have said, he still makes mistakes here and there, but overall nothing major. We are still early in the season and he has played even less games then the rest of the team has, so i'm willing to give him more time to see what else he can do. But again, overall he has been alot better.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 01:18 PM
WheresBarnaby

Except for the last game his play has been very suprising. He's thinking Defense first, and even went to Aaron Ward before he came back, and asked for tips on improving his D. All and all he's be a suprise so far, I hope he keeps it up!

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 04:43 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
The best thing that can be said about Ozolinsh's play is that it hasn't been as "bad" as expected. Is it good enough? No, he's really not playing very well and the more he plays, the more exposed he's going to be.

I would be surprised if his play got significantly better any time soon--it's been a long time since he's played up to his ability.
That's basicall it in a nutshell. Has he been as bad as last year? No, but one can argue that he was amongst the worst in the league at points last year, so he had nowhere to go but up. However, I still find his play lagging and other than a few decent (he did not hurt the team) games, he has not really been that much better. Most of his last handfull of games have not been good at all.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 04:48 PM
bathgate

Ozo is a terrible defenseman. Whatever attribute he has is on the offensive side. Renney does not give him the chance to f;ourish by giving him PP time. He belongs on the bench or minors. Aside from Tyutin and Ward,our defense ranks in the lower third of the league

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 05:34 PM
dank

he's actually hitting, and playing well, surprising..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote