HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs kids article

Old
08-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Mike The Wall

vCash: 500
Habs kids article

2 good articles on our kids:

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...8_section_POS2

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...7_article_POS1

use google translate

Mike The Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 11:41 AM
tmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Wall View Post
Wonder who's the scout that thinks mccarron sucks? Someone from the flames?

tmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 01:09 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc View Post
My French isn't great but from what I read it didn't sound like he was saying McCarron sucks, just that on the Olympic ice he struggled and that his upside is that of a 3rd liner. For me I try not to predict where someone that was just drafted 2 months will be in 7 years when he starts to hit his prime years at 25 or so, I think it's almost impossible to guess what they will be doing that far down the road but if he ends up only a 3rd liner, it will be the way he plays that will endear him to Hab fans imo as he's a future PF that enjoys the physical game.

I was hoping that Tinordi would be one that liked to hit and hit often but I don't think he has much of a mean streak whereas McCarron looks like he's going to be a banger for sure.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 01:39 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
My French isn't great but from what I read it didn't sound like he was saying McCarron sucks, just that on the Olympic ice he struggled and that his upside is that of a 3rd liner. For me I try not to predict where someone that was just drafted 2 months will be in 7 years when he starts to hit his prime years at 25 or so, I think it's almost impossible to guess what they will be doing that far down the road but if he ends up only a 3rd liner, it will be the way he plays that will endear him to Hab fans imo as he's a future PF that enjoys the physical game.

I was hoping that Tinordi would be one that liked to hit and hit often but I don't think he has much of a mean streak whereas McCarron looks like he's going to be a banger for sure.
I think Tinordi will show more of a mean streak when he is more comfortable with the fundamentals of the pro game and adds a little more meat to his frame.

He has clearly taken his development in the tactical part of the game very seriously. He is just looking for that fine line between aggressiveness and irresponsibility. As a youngster he is wisely erring on the side of caution right now but I suspect that when he is comfortable in knowing his positional limitations that he will begin to impose his will in a much more aggressive manner. As he fills out his frame the likelihood of this aggression producing positive effects will increase thus allowing him to justify the action due to the lowered risk.

It is definitely easier for McCarron to show this side of his game, as playing the wing is a far less cerebral responsibility than playing defence. I agree that McCarron has thus far provided more evidence of having a mean streak but I believe that is more about circumstantial opportunity than innate aggressiveness.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 02:17 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I think Tinordi will show more of a mean streak when he is more comfortable with the fundamentals of the pro game and adds a little more meat to his frame.

He has clearly taken his development in the tactical part of the game very seriously. He is just looking for that fine line between aggressiveness and irresponsibility. As a youngster he is wisely erring on the side of caution right now but I suspect that when he is comfortable in knowing his positional limitations that he will begin to impose his will in a much more aggressive manner. As he fills out his frame the likelihood of this aggression producing positive effects will increase thus allowing him to justify the action due to the lowered risk.

It is definitely easier for McCarron to show this side of his game, as playing the wing is a far less cerebral responsibility than playing defence. I agree that McCarron has thus far provided more evidence of having a mean streak but I believe that is more about circumstantial opportunity than innate aggressiveness.
I hope that is the case with Tinordi, in the 3 years I've been watching him, I haven't seen much of a mean streak at all and he's not even overly physical but it makes a lot of sense that he would develop that side of his game once he's more comfortable and fills out more as he's still very skinny.

McCarron I just haven't seen enough of yet, but I get the feeling that he's going to be very aggressive physically. In the Lake Placid tournament he was trying to hit everything, although he was trying to impress the coaching staff I would assume so perhaps over the course of a season he tones it down.

Old
08-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I hope that is the case with Tinordi, in the 3 years I've been watching him, I haven't seen much of a mean streak at all and he's not even overly physical but it makes a lot of sense that he would develop that side of his game once he's more comfortable and fills out more as he's still very skinny.

McCarron I just haven't seen enough of yet, but I get the feeling that he's going to be very aggressive physically. In the Lake Placid tournament he was trying to hit everything, although he was trying to impress the coaching staff I would assume so perhaps over the course of a season he tones it down.
I think Tinordi has a firm understanding of how to develop his game so that it translates well to the Pro game. He certainly has a lot of experience to draw from in his father and the wise thing to do is to develop the cerebral part of his game. He actually was a lot nastier in his rookie season with London when he coincidentally struggled with the positional aspect of the game. It certainly appeared as though he made a conscious decision to put that on the back burner until he mastered the fundamental parts of the game. It has been reported that his maturity is off of the charts and it is this type of maturity that would allow him to successfully make such a transition.

Of course my theory is purely speculative, but given the information at hand I believe it to be very plausible.

In McCarron's case, I think he will definitely have to tone it down and I am sure he will. He is likely aware of the demand from the Montreal fan base to find and develop an answer to the Lucic's of the world and was probably a little over exuberant in his will to show his abilities in this regard.

I agree with you that he will not likely be another Lucic but should be a very serviceable big, aggressive power forward for the Habs for years to come.

Old
08-30-2013, 02:40 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I think Tinordi has a firm understanding of how to develop his game so that it translates well to the Pro game. He certainly has a lot of experience to draw from in his father and the wise thing to do is to develop the cerebral part of his game. He actually was a lot nastier in his rookie season with London when he coincidentally struggled with the positional aspect of the game. It certainly appeared as though he made a conscious decision to put that on the back burner until he mastered the fundamental parts of the game. It has been reported that his maturity is off of the charts and it is this type of maturity that would allow him to successfully make such a transition.

Of course my theory is purely speculative, but given the information at hand I believe it to be very plausible.

In McCarron's case, I think he will definitely have to tone it down and I am sure he will. He is likely aware of the demand from the Montreal fan base to find and develop an answer to the Lucic's of the world and was probably a little over exuberant in his will to show his abilities in this regard.

I agree with you that he will not likely be another Lucic but should be a very serviceable big, aggressive power forward for the Habs for years to come.
I actually didn't get to see much of Tinordi in his first season in London, saw him more in his 2nd season, and last year I saw just about every game he played. I know for his size and his family background, I expected a much tougher player (watching him drop the gloves is cringe worthy, yikes) But for me personally, I don't have the silly obsession with fighting so I am glad he is working on improving his fundamentals instead. I really like his defensive zone play, just that I think some Hab fans are going to be disappointed that he's not the next Chara/Pronger. Overall I thought he was very impressive in Hamilton and looked the best of the AHL callups. We'll see how much he continues to progress since he's still in the middle stages of his development, getting more of mean streak would be great to see but his shot blocking and overall defensive zone play are what will stand out for him in the NHL imo.

Old
08-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Tyson

Tinordi is up to about 225. Hopefully he did not lose speed. His toughness will come when he gets comfortable with the NHL game. He will be a beast!

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 0
Quick recap :

-Lapointe has a crush on De La Rose after the Lake Placid tourney. McCaron,Lehtonen,Fucale,Hudon and Collberg were also there. He see him as a complete offensive player in the NHL.

-On Lehkonen : plays like a big guy. Great chemistry with Teravainen. Great vision, speed and love for the game.

-Collberg, he says he is close to the NHL.

-McCaron, he says he had to calm him down because he was hitting everything in sight (!) says he could be a solid 2nd line paired with good offensive players.

+ the ******** Flames scout who says hes a 3rd line goon.

2nd article is on Fucale and how he is a leader and talk a lot to his D on the ice. Also state we will what hes made of this year as Halifax lose their 1st line.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 06:06 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Quick recap :

-Lapointe has a crush on De La Rose after the Lake Placid tourney. McCaron,Lehtonen,Fucale,Hudon and Collberg were also there. He see him as a complete offensive player in the NHL.

-On Lehkonen : plays like a big guy. Great chemistry with Teravainen. Great vision, speed and love for the game.

-Collberg, he says he is close to the NHL.

-McCaron, he says he had to calm him down because he was hitting everything in sight (!) says he could be a solid 2nd line paired with good offensive players.

+ the ******** Flames scout who says hes a 3rd line goon.

2nd article is on Fucale and how he is a leader and talk a lot to his D on the ice. Also state we will what hes made of this year as Halifax lose their 1st line.
yeah I was a little shocked by the comment about Lehkonen's speed. Didn't think that was supposed to be an asset of his.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 07:29 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
When I first saw title thought this was about kids of Habs players.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 02:44 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
yeah I was a little shocked by the comment about Lehkonen's speed. Didn't think that was supposed to be an asset of his.
I used "Bing Translate" to read the article and assumed that he was referring more to Lehkonen's ability to play at a high tempo rather than his actual foot speed?

I am playing "broken telephone" trying to paraphrase a translation tool lol

Old
08-31-2013, 01:33 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
I didn't find him to be overly quick for his size, he's not slow by any means but for someone of his size I hope he finds a way to get an extra gear cause he'll need it.

Old
08-31-2013, 01:53 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc View Post
This scout probably would have said the same thing about Lucic after he only got 19 points in 62 games in his drafting season.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote