HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Your teammates hate you

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-25-2013, 09:15 AM
  #26
Devil Dancer
Registered User
 
Devil Dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 11,814
vCash: 500
As with almost everything, it's fine in moderation.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 11:36 AM
  #27
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 31,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChris View Post
ITT: Why would your team mates hate you?

I'm a completely different personality from the rest of my team. I use the phrases top shelf, poise, and goals; they all use bar down, swag, and ginos. They all listen to country. I listen to metal and rock. They have a sense of entitlement; I expect nothing from anybody. They chirp and I ignore it. I'm just there to play for fun and they are trying to win the league. I'm short and they are taller.

How long could you stay on a team that hates you?
Sounds like you're not much of a comrade...

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 12:37 PM
  #28
GeoffL19
Registered User
 
GeoffL19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,961
vCash: 800
I blame Twitter for the new lingo outbreak. The pros would tweet each other in that lingo as a joke, and the young impressionable beer leaguers picked it up in their quest to emulate the thing they'll never be.

GeoffL19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 06:32 PM
  #29
Mattb124
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,187
vCash: 500
I am guessing either a) the OP thinks differences=hatred, or b) he outwardly hate his teammates for using different words than they do, and as a result they have decided to hate him back. Personally, I have a hard time understanding how word choice would lead to what is being described. Lack of effort or undeserved criticism I cold understand, but not word choice.

Mattb124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 03:26 PM
  #30
kmart
Registered User
 
kmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to kmart
u need to be a schizoid

kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 04:38 PM
  #31
Thesensation19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
After high school, I played for several mens league teams. Whatever teams needed players, sometimes playing for two different teams.

Only one team did not like me out of all these teams I played for. I bring this up, because I actually played Open Hockey with one of the guys on that team a little while ago so memories are fresh lol.

Half of the team liked me and my style. The other half of the team, many of who will consider themselves bad (including this guy I ran into the other day) would always say I never passed the puck.

Ironic thing to say I think because the two seasons I was with them, I had more than 1 assist per game and was one of the league leaders in assists. Anyway, not to toot my horn but its true.

And I can recall a few dozen times where I would dish it off to these guys for an open knock in and they would miss the wide open net. They would not remember those times... but they of course remembered the 1x I shot the puck on a two on one.

That team was the worst team I played for. And it wasnt necessarily because of skill. It was because of half of the team always complaining about one thing or the other... Why does this guy stay on the ice too much. Why does this guy not pass the puck...

I had the captain come up to me (others too) on a few occassions and say hey, idc and not to be a **** but a lot of guys are complaining that your not passing enough... I know you are passing, but they want to see more of it.

I literally spent many games, not caring about shooting the puck at all unless I was on a breakaway but rather wait for players and pass it. And yet I guess they stuck to their mindset that even in those games (where I would get 2 assists, and almost 3 more if they didnt miss a shot) they still would call me out on every little thing...



I am sorry for the novel of a simple comment but there is a point to this story.
My point is that there are a hundred and one things I could say about the next guy. How he doesnt back check, how he glides on the ice. HOW I DONT GET THE PUCK WHEN IM OPEN. How you give the puck up. How you dump the puck 10000x a game rather than make a simple pass to me or the next guy to have possession rather than a turnover and etc etc etc...

But I dont. I let you play your game and so you play mine. If I dont pass, there is a reason why I didnt. Whether its because I was off-balance, or I saw a higher chance of scoring a goal...

or heck its freaking open hockey and after passing 10x to you and others, I want my own shot too.


Granted, there are times you can talk to players about what to do or not to do and how to improve or tell him what your thinking. Thats what my new team does and though we are not the best skilled team Ive been on, we have won championship, and been 1st place in 2/2 years because guys do not complain and just do whats right as good teammates!

Thesensation19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 01:42 AM
  #32
Fanned On It
Registered User
 
Fanned On It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart View Post
u need to be a schizoid
I'd love to hear your definition of a schizophrenic person... I doubt you've ever even seen one lol.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 09:40 AM
  #33
kmart
Registered User
 
kmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to kmart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanned On It View Post
I'd love to hear your definition of a schizophrenic person... I doubt you've ever even seen one lol.
no, u misunderstand. schizoid is not a psycho, its just a term for people who dont care about being liked or hated.

kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 10:32 AM
  #34
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanned On It View Post
I'd love to hear your definition of a schizophrenic person... I doubt you've ever even seen one lol.
1. Schizoid=/= Schizophrenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart View Post
no, u misunderstand. schizoid is not a psycho, its just a term for people who dont care about being liked or hated.
2. You're wrong.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 01:54 PM
  #35
kmart
Registered User
 
kmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to kmart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
1. Schizoid=/= Schizophrenic



2. You're wrong.
i am not sure what "=/=" means but the correct form would be schizoid ≠ schizophrenic

just to be clear:

schizoid=personality
schizophrenia=mental illness

fact.

kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 05:24 PM
  #36
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart View Post
i am not sure what "=/=" means but the correct form would be schizoid ≠ schizophrenic

just to be clear:

schizoid=personality
schizophrenia=mental illness

fact.
I don't know how to make the sign all in one so I use that. And while your vagueness is only half correct (Because Schizoid is indeed a disorder), it includes a lot of schizophrenia-similar conditions and symptoms, minus more severe ones (vivid hallucinations via eyes and ears, mostly.)

anyway, staying on topic here sirs and madams.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2013, 11:28 AM
  #37
ComradeChris
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 589
vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
I don't know how to make the sign all in one so I use that. And while your vagueness is only half correct (Because Schizoid is indeed a disorder), it includes a lot of schizophrenia-similar conditions and symptoms, minus more severe ones (vivid hallucinations via eyes and ears, mostly.)

anyway, staying on topic here sirs and madams.
I always thought being schizoid was just having the personality traits of emotional aloofness and enjoying your own solitary company over others. Not a disorder.

ComradeChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 03:19 AM
  #38
izzy3
Registered User
 
izzy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChris View Post
I always thought being schizoid was just having the personality traits of emotional aloofness and enjoying your own solitary company over others. Not a disorder.
I guess what you mean is introvert, schizoid ppl should be in treatment though doesn't bring much usually.

izzy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 01:22 AM
  #39
Fanned On It
Registered User
 
Fanned On It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
I don't know how to make the sign all in one so I use that. And while your vagueness is only half correct (Because Schizoid is indeed a disorder), it includes a lot of schizophrenia-similar conditions and symptoms, minus more severe ones (vivid hallucinations via eyes and ears, mostly.)

anyway, staying on topic here sirs and madams.
Ah, I actually knew that I just didn't feel like typing out "schizoid personality disorder." Should've though because there is a big difference.

I believe not caring what people think about you (to such an extreme level) would be anti-socialness or sociopathy?

LOL sorry back on topic.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 01:25 AM
  #40
Fanned On It
Registered User
 
Fanned On It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChris View Post
I always thought being schizoid was just having the personality traits of emotional aloofness and enjoying your own solitary company over others. Not a disorder.
That's a part of it, although it's probably more complex than that. They're usually very emotionally blunted or "detached" as well.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 05:54 AM
  #41
brodano
Registered User
 
brodano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
you guys should be playing ringette. you are all far too sensitive or you're playing in joke ass rec leagues with a bunch of frustrated middle aged men that have nothing better to do then to take out their problems on a hockey team.

brodano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 10:39 AM
  #42
Fordy
the kid signify
 
Fordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,218
vCash: 500
is literally everyone posting in this thread completely full of themselves? seems like it

Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 11:07 AM
  #43
shello
@WShello9
 
shello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ile-Perrot, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,422
vCash: 500
My first year of midget I was on a team where mostly everyone but a few people hated me because I was english. Overall it didn't affect any on ice chemistry or play, but in the locker room it always felt tense, and had to make sure not to sit near any of them who disliked me. I was offered a trade to another team during pre season, but I assumed that they would get over their immature feud so I declined, but sadly they didn't.

Was the only time that I ever experienced something like that in any sports, and it really didn't make the year fun for anyone. No one hungout outside of the rink, talked, or acknowledged each other. I really only keep in touch with one person on that team which is a shame really.

I did in fact see one of the main kids who disliked me at a local outdoor rink later on, where he got in a fight with some kid, and got arrested (he was throwing pucks, and hitting him with his stick), or charged for assault, or something I believe. Then just this season that same kid jumped someone outside of the rink for something they said to him during a game, and was charged for that also. I could go on and on about what others on that team are like, including more on this kid, but safe to say he's the lead pyscho haha.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.