HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Boards Benchwarmers Fantasy Football league #2 (Draft Order Post #54)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-29-2013, 10:45 AM
  #151
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHI/Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 25,406
vCash: 470
I got greedy waiting on Brady, but my whole plan was to get Wilson and Luck anyways. Got good value there.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 03:18 PM
  #152
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 24,349
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Rg3
Dalton
Rice
R.Bush
L.Miller
D.Richardson
B.Marshall
D.Thomas
M.Williams
Ty Hilton
Cook

Edit: Forgot Sudfeld and Golden Tate

Love my team.


Last edited by DisgruntledHawkFan: 08-29-2013 at 03:37 PM.
DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 05:29 PM
  #153
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,935
vCash: 500
QB: Drew Brees
RB: Arian Foster
RB: Darren McFadden
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: DeSean Jackson
TE: Martellus Bennett
Flex: Ryan Mathews
D/St: Rams
K: Dan Bailey
BE: Chris Ivory
BE: Mike Williams
BE: Andre Brown
BE: Reuben Randle
BE: Julian Edelman
BE: Eli Manning
BE: Jermaine Gresham

Not thrilled, but I don't hate it as much as I did while I was drafting last night.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 05:37 PM
  #154
ChiHawk21
Registered User
 
ChiHawk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,868
vCash: 500
Cam Newton
Trent Richardson
Montee Ball
Dez Bryant
Roddy White
Danny Amendola
Jason Witten
Stevie Johnson

Bunch of bench boys that I forgot

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 06:17 PM
  #155
theaub
Lets go Hawks!
 
theaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Markham, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,852
vCash: 500
Darren Sproles is a starting RB on my team, which is all any outsider needs to know.

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 06:29 PM
  #156
Kurtosis
COYS
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 16,667
vCash: 500
RGIII
Ridley
R. Bush
Ivory
Calvin Johnson
Demaryius Thomas
James Jones
Alshon Jeffery
Seattle D
Gostowski
Other random players that I hope perform well

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 06:29 PM
  #157
Kurtosis
COYS
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 16,667
vCash: 500
Oh, and Owen Daniels.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 06:51 PM
  #158
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
RGIII
Ridley
R. Bush
Ivory
Calvin Johnson
Demaryius Thomas
James Jones
Alshon Jeffery
Seattle D
Gostowski
Other random players that I hope perform well
I have Ivory...

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 06:53 PM
  #159
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
I have a few of those guys....??

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 07:03 PM
  #160
Kurtosis
COYS
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 16,667
vCash: 500
Wrong thread guys. I meant to post it in the Bears/NFL thread.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 07:18 PM
  #161
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Aren't you in this league though? Where is the roster post.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 08:31 PM
  #162
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,746
vCash: 500
P. Manning
B. Roethlisberger
J. Flacco

M. Lynch
S. Jackson
B. Green-Ellis
D. Williams
S. Greene

V. Cruz
J. Jones (GB)
P. Garçon
L. Moore
D. Heyward-Bere

J. Graham
G. Olsen

Steelers

R. Gould

Blue Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 08:44 PM
  #163
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHI/Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 25,406
vCash: 470
Luck
Wilson

Charles
MJD
Tate
Quizz
Fred Jax

AJ Green
Randall Cobb
Dwayne Bowe
Miles Austin
Chris Givens
Aaron Dobson

Tony Gonzalez
Dwayne Allen

Texans

Prater

Yum

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 05:29 PM
  #164
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,709
vCash: 500
American Dream Team

Matthew Stafford
Josh Freeman

LeSean McCoy
Matt Forte
Demarco Murray
Shane Vereen
Roy Helu

Larry Fitzgerald
Hakeem Nicks
Cecil Shorts
Michael Floyd
Kenbrell Thompkins
Vincent Brown

Kyle Rudolph
Jordan Cameron

Cincinnati Bengals

Stephen Gostkowski

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 08:25 PM
  #165
DontToewzMeBro
Registered User
 
DontToewzMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,145
vCash: 500
12 man league I'm in, who should I take 12th and then 13th overall, in this league you are only allowed 1 QB

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 09:16 PM
  #166
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
12 man league I'm in, who should I take 12th and then 13th overall, in this league you are only allowed 1 QB
QB all day.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 11:08 PM
  #167
zac
Registered User
 
zac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
QB all day.
Depends on league scoring.

If you league rewards Qbs with a lot of points and the top QBs can rack up extras for long plays, etc. then your top guys, like Rogers, may be the most valuable. If your league neuters QB scoring you are almost guaranteed a good (maybe not great) QB regardless of where you pick them. There are a lot of young guys that may make a rapid ascension if the rest of the team gels around them.

Personally I'd wait to take your QB pick with one of the later picks in the draft. Especially if RBs start falling off the board early you have to scoop them up. While there are more two back systems, there are only so many staring RBs and most leagues let you start 2-3 (if you have a flex) any given week. From that standpoint RBs have the most value as they are the most limited commodity.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 12:13 AM
  #168
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 19,892
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
QB all day.
If it's standard scoring, **** no!

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 04:08 AM
  #169
DontToewzMeBro
Registered User
 
DontToewzMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
Depends on league scoring.

If you league rewards Qbs with a lot of points and the top QBs can rack up extras for long plays, etc. then your top guys, like Rogers, may be the most valuable. If your league neuters QB scoring you are almost guaranteed a good (maybe not great) QB regardless of where you pick them. There are a lot of young guys that may make a rapid ascension if the rest of the team gels around them.

Personally I'd wait to take your QB pick with one of the later picks in the draft. Especially if RBs start falling off the board early you have to scoop them up. While there are more two back systems, there are only so many staring RBs and most leagues let you start 2-3 (if you have a flex) any given week. From that standpoint RBs have the most value as they are the most limited commodity.
Thanks , very helpful, RBs wet super early last year-just seen the draft results , a few guys took QBs early but some good ones went late and guys like Luck and RG3 5th round

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 08:41 AM
  #170
committedindian86
Flip The Switch
 
committedindian86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,058
vCash: 500
Ok here's my team...

Matt Ryan
Alfred Morris
David Wilson
Calvin Johnson
Eric Decker
Anquan Boldin
Vernon Davis
Eddie Lacy
Phil Dawson
49ers Defense

Rashard Mendenhall
Josh Gordon
Kenny Britt
Michael Bush
Brian Hartline
Tyler Eifert
Sam Bradford

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 08:42 AM
  #171
committedindian86
Flip The Switch
 
committedindian86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
RGIII
Ridley
R. Bush
Ivory
Calvin Johnson
Demaryius Thomas
James Jones
Alshon Jeffery
Seattle D
Gostowski
Other random players that I hope perform well
I have Megatron...

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 01:37 PM
  #172
zac
Registered User
 
zac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I got greedy waiting on Brady, but my whole plan was to get Wilson and Luck anyways. Got good value there.
This year, more than any other year in the last several IMO, has greater opportunity for several young, less established quarterbacks to have monster years. Guys like Brady have the pedigree, but you've got several in Luck, Cutler (if our line holds up he finally has no excuses this year), RGIII, Dalton, etc. that could take monster leaps. If you held off on a QB, picked up some studs in other areas, then make the right decision on one of those QBs you'll likely be a much better team for it.

I didn't go this route as I probably would have picked the wrong one. If I knew which one to pick I would have, though.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 01:49 PM
  #173
zac
Registered User
 
zac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
QB: Drew Brees
RB: Arian Foster
RB: Darren McFadden
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: DeSean Jackson
TE: Martellus Bennett
Flex: Ryan Mathews
D/St: Rams
K: Dan Bailey
BE: Chris Ivory
BE: Mike Williams
BE: Andre Brown
BE: Reuben Randle
BE: Julian Edelman
BE: Eli Manning
BE: Jermaine Gresham

Not thrilled, but I don't hate it as much as I did while I was drafting last night.
I don't think it's bad. You just hope that Run DMC is healthy and that the Raider line can provide a few creases for him to scamper through. You've got some high risk, high reward guys at wide receiver. Brees will do just fine for you at QB, and defense is always a crapshoot as there is a LOT of luck involved with defensive scoring.

For the most part every team has it's holes. Mine is likely at wide receiver (though I'm banking on a waiver wire acquisition or to to bolster that for me).

QB Tom Brady, NE Q
RB Stevan Ridley, NE RB
WR Torrey Smith, Bal WR P
WR Tavon Austin, StL WR
WR Sidney Rice, Sea WR
TE Jermichael Finley, GB TE
FLEX Chris Johnson, Ten RB
D/ST Bears D/ST D/ST
K Matt Bryant, Atl K

Rob Gronkowski*, NE TE
Alshon Jeffery, Chi WR
Ryan Broyles, Det WR
Kendall Wright, Ten WR
Q Jay Cutler, Chi QB
Jonathan Dwyer, Pit RB
Christine Michael, Sea RBBreaking News

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 02:02 PM
  #174
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHI/Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 25,406
vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
This year, more than any other year in the last several IMO, has greater opportunity for several young, less established quarterbacks to have monster years. Guys like Brady have the pedigree, but you've got several in Luck, Cutler (if our line holds up he finally has no excuses this year), RGIII, Dalton, etc. that could take monster leaps. If you held off on a QB, picked up some studs in other areas, then make the right decision on one of those QBs you'll likely be a much better team for it.

I didn't go this route as I probably would have picked the wrong one. If I knew which one to pick I would have, though.
That's why I was waiting on Brady. I had to justify taking him.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 01:56 PM
  #175
theaub
Lets go Hawks!
 
theaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Markham, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,852
vCash: 500
Hey guys

Problem with the banking stuff; in Canada the routing numbers are 8 digits, so it won't accept it on the site where you need nine digits. I'm willing to paypal/bank transfer/etc to anyone, or if you guys want to change it to credit card at the end I'll pay the processing fee.

Are there any other Canadians who've used this before and avoided this? Hate being a hassle with the payment stuff...

e: just checked on their site

There are two areas that will be different for international users, however. First, because every country uses a different e-check technology, deposits and withdrawals cannot be performed to/from banks outside of the United States.

International users can make deposits by credit card and withdrawals by paper check only


stupid country

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.