HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 11.0 - Logo Kissing Edition

Old
08-28-2013, 07:29 PM
Team_Spirit
SAINT RADULOV

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Apparently there's "a lot of pressure" on everyone here in MTL, no matter what the age or draft position. The "pressure" speculation comes from fans, its pretty much non-existent because you guys apply it to everyone.

- Oh he's overpaid, he has a lot of pressure on him now otherwise we're wasting our money on him
- He's signed long term, he has a lot of pressure on him otherwise we're stuck with him for years.
- He was drafted in the first round, he has a lot of pressure on him because 1st rounders are expected to be good.
- We have up X assets for him, he has a lot of pressure on him to prove his money's worth.
- He's coming off a poor year, he has a lot of pressure on him to rebound.

Last but not least:

- He's French, he has a lot of pressure on him to perform flawlessly.

It's all in your heads, you guys exaggerate too much lol
I also think it's a myth, but the original quote is from Paul Stastny so its not coming from fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
He reminds me of a rich man's version of this guy:

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Well I would totally disagree with both of you.

He's inconsistent with his explosiveness but, when I watched him this year, he definitely had no problem using those first steps to dominate situations. Part of that can be attributed to reading the play a little faster than those around him but, I felt he was a very agile and his acceleration was a strong point of his. I'm sure neither of you are saying he's below-average in this, I just feel he's got a lot of potential to make it a part of his game as I've seen him really turn it on when he needs to (especially away from the puck).
I will also have to disagree with you on this one

I would submit to you that by stating that his explosiveness is inconsistent that you are mistaking explosiveness with reaction. It really isn't possible to be inconsistently fast or explosive as it really is black and white. What is far more likely is that a person making this claim is mistaken due to a number of mitigating factors.

I find his first 3-5 steps to be one of his biggest weaknesses. This isn't to say that he is terrible in this aspect, but it is more of a testament to his overall balance as a player and a lack of glaring weaknesses.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 09:13 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
cool quotes in this story for chuckie

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/galchenyuk-y-croit-1.654029

Roughly translated (from a translation itself, don't know if anyone got actual quotes from Statsny)

"He's a bit of a wildcard, indicated Statsny who played by his side at the World Championships. He has a special talent and I think he's one of the most talented forwards here [at camp]. I don't know if it's because of he's of Russian descent but he's an amazing skater and a natural goal scorer."

"He's very calm for a 19 year old. We even seen it at Worlds, he scored twice in shootout in the bronze medal game, said Statsny. He has nerves of steel.

For sure playing in Montreal is difficult, especially at his age, but he's shown he's capable of playing there and you can be sure that he has a big career ahead of him."
I like hearing the 'amazing skater' comment. I wonder if he's really boosted his explosiveness. I think his shiftiness is underrated. Whatever you call that ability to change directions quickly. What is that 'lateral agility'? He's really good at that.

I think he's got a real shot at the olympics.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 11:04 PM
LeHaboholique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
cool quotes in this story for chuckie

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/galchenyuk-y-croit-1.654029

Roughly translated (from a translation itself, don't know if anyone got actual quotes from Statsny)

"He's a bit of a wildcard, indicated Statsny who played by his side at the World Championships. He has a special talent and I think he's one of the most talented forwards here [at camp]. I don't know if it's because of he's of Russian descent but he's an amazing skater and a natural goal scorer."

"He's very calm for a 19 year old. We even seen it at Worlds, he scored twice in shootout in the bronze medal game, said Statsny. He has nerves of steel.

For sure playing in Montreal is difficult, especially at his age, but he's shown he's capable of playing there and you can be sure that he has a big career ahead of him."
Personally I really respect Paul Statsny. Maybe it's because of his Family heritage in the NHL or maybe because I love watching him play... Either way, Im glad someone like Paul Statsny regards our own Galchenyuk so highly.

LeHaboholique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 11:09 PM
macavoy

I never watch the World Championships but can someone please give me a run down on how Alex did overall.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 11:33 PM
Shaby23

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I never watch the World Championships but can someone please give me a run down on how Alex did overall.
gp4 g2 a0 pts2

I don't know on which lane and how many minutes he played.

Last edited by Shaby23: 08-29-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Shaby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 11:51 PM
Marc BargainBin
only on playstation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
he played alright, with poor team mates.

Marc BargainBin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 12:32 AM
HatTricK09

vCash: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
he played alright, with poor team mates.
Grigorenko was taking away all of his PP time

HatTricK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 01:14 AM
Saundies

It was bittersweet last year how the season was just coming to a close as Alex was just starting to really heat up. I think the last goal he scored in the NHL in 2011-2012 (the snipe against Anderson in the playoffs) is really indicative of how his year this year is going to go. At the beginning of the season, he would take those kind of shots and they would either get stopped with a nice glove save or sail wide of the net (mostly the latter). As soon as he buried that, despite all of the amazing flashes he showed all season, that was when I said to myself "he has arrived."

If he can bury goals like that all year this year... wow man, get the highlight reels started.

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 02:04 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Why is it so hard?

Good ol cliché
I think some of the hockey related pressure gets overrated, but there are some cases, Price went thru a lot of **** playing in Mtl that he wouldn't have had to deal with if he was playing in most other cities, but a case like that is rare even in Mtl.

But generally speaking, if your a teen and you all of suddenly have all this money and so much free time in a city like Mtl, it could mean a lot of trouble. While I don't think the partying really affective Seguins play on the ice, image if all that happened in Mtl...

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 11:20 AM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
It was bittersweet last year how the season was just coming to a close as Alex was just starting to really heat up. I think the last goal he scored in the NHL in 2011-2012 (the snipe against Anderson in the playoffs) is really indicative of how his year this year is going to go. At the beginning of the season, he would take those kind of shots and they would either get stopped with a nice glove save or sail wide of the net (mostly the latter). As soon as he buried that, despite all of the amazing flashes he showed all season, that was when I said to myself "he has arrived."

If he can bury goals like that all year this year... wow man, get the highlight reels started.
Also moves like this:

http://cdn.25stanley.com/wp-content/...galchenyuk.gif

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHabs24 View Post
god that was disgusting

you watch it over and over and you see the defenseman is 100000% convinced galchenyuks about to RIP it, freezes the guy, and so the move is able to work and he gets RIGHT by

just a pro move right there , subban did it vs boston too, an amazing rush really

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Galchenyuk is a 8.5B according to HockeysFuture.
Meaning: First line center-almost Elite talent
B: Should reach potential

Nail Yakupov 9.0C
Nathan MacKinnon 9.0C
Jonathan Drouin 9.0C
Seth Jones 9.0C

9.0: Elite talent
C: May reach potential

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...op-20-ranking/

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 07:23 PM
AmartZing

I had an offer in my fantasy league...the guy offer me drouin for galchenyuk...don't know what to do...I love both guys, but galchenyuk is a Habs!

Would you trade galchenyuk vs drouin as a Habs fan?

AmartZing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 07:27 PM
CP31

Definitely not

CP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmartZing View Post
I had an offer in my fantasy league...the guy offer me drouin for galchenyuk...don't know what to do...I love both guys, but galchenyuk is a Habs!

Not in real life. But in a fantasy league, you have to predict if Galchenyuk will have more icetime than Drouin. With Lecavalier's departure, Ryan Malone's decline, and literally nobody to compete with Drouin for a spot in the top 6, I think Drouin could be outscoring Galchenyuk next year if he plays with MSL and Stamkos.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 06:31 PM
BigDisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Not in real life. But in a fantasy league, you have to predict if Galchenyuk will have more icetime than Drouin. With Lecavalier's departure, Ryan Malone's decline, and literally nobody to compete with Drouin for a spot in the top 6, I think Drouin could be outscoring Galchenyuk next year if he plays with MSL and Stamkos.
Good points. But really, keeping the most talented habs player counterweights that easily, IMHO. Galchenyuk is older and more experienced than Drouin, and his value won't go down anytime soon

BigDisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:

Keep in mind that drouin will most likely end up playing with huberdeau and a ufa star sooner rather than later...

Montreal Impact FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 06:56 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:

A fantasy league trade might be a decent call.

Real life? I haven't seen enough of Drouin but he's probably the only player under 20 who might have better hands than Galchenyuk (from my limited knowledge).

I think I just like Galchenyuk's overall skill set/size better. Drouin 'might' have better hands/vision (and I'm sure it's pretty close) but I don't think he has Galchenyuk's ridiculous wrister.

Drouin will very likely get more points (Stamkos will ensure that if nothing else) but I think Galchenyuk will be the better all around player. Can't think of any young player I'd rather have than Galchenyuk under the age of 24.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 02:52 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
Keep in mind that drouin will most likely end up playing with huberdeau and a ufa star sooner rather than later...
How the **** is that likely?????????

I doubt Florida and Tampa want to trade their franchise center to their biggest rival and competitor.

Old
08-31-2013, 02:55 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:

I never let my allegiance to the Habs get in the way of winning fantasy hockey titles. For me it is the equivalent of an inner separation between church and state.

I would take Drouin who will be centering Steven Stamkos for the next decade.

Old
08-31-2013, 03:09 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
Drouin was drafted by Tampa , Florida drafted Barkov.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 03:10 AM
Danadiens

vCash: 1450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I never let my allegiance to the Habs get in the way of winning fantasy hockey titles. For me it is the equivalent of an inner separation between church and state.

He'll center a center?

Danadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 03:11 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post

You don't mean centred by Steven Stamkos?

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 03:45 AM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
god that was disgusting

you watch it over and over and you see the defenseman is 100000% convinced galchenyuks about to RIP it, freezes the guy, and so the move is able to work and he gets RIGHT by

just a pro move right there , subban did it vs boston too, an amazing rush really
Don Cherry actually compared him to Bobby Orr for that rush.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote