HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Hotline w/ K-Sly and general WGR talk

Old
08-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Jacob582

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
KB is on now (11:30AM)
I always enjoy listening to him talk about prospects. I wish his segment on the show could be longer.

Jacob582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 11:37 AM
LaFontaineToMogilny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
I would credit Danny Gare for that.
Obviously. My point is that I am willing to go through the low valleys of the show as constructed, for the chance to reach peaks like these now and again.

Or to put it another way: I think Kevin Sylvester makes the show worse, yet I am happy the show exist so I get the change to listen to things like the show this morning every now and then.

LaFontaineToMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 02:16 PM
KevinChurch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squantosawuss View Post
I have listened periodically over the last few months to HH on WGR with Kevin Sylvester. During the lockout, obviously there wasn't much to get excited or passionate about, but now that there are actual games to discuss.....

I can't believe what an arrogant dick Sylvester is when talking to callers! While remaining monotone and humorless, he's nastier than any other host on WGR. When he's got Andrew Peters on with him, he often talks down to him, like a parent to a kid.

Talk about a condescending homer. It's bad.
He's far better than any one of the Buff State goofs they have on that pathetic station
His segment would be far better if they got rid of Andrew Peters who's only function is to exaggerate the importance of the enforcer role.

KevinChurch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 03:13 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinChurch View Post
He's far better than any one of the Buff State goofs they have on that pathetic station
His segment would be far better if they got rid of Andrew Peters who's only function is to exaggerate the importance of the enforcer role.
I think you are exaggerating Peter's role.

Old
08-31-2013, 03:28 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinChurch View Post
Please, the show is much better with Peters. Peters knows hockey better than Sylvester and he has some amount of charisma, unlike K-Sly who merely thinks he has it.

Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 04:55 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
I like Peters... adds a certain element that makes it endurable

TCRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2013, 10:11 PM
KevinChurch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Please, the show is much better with Peters. Peters knows hockey better than Sylvester and he has some amount of charisma, unlike K-Sly who merely thinks he has it.
Give me a break, Andrew Peters looks through a distorted lens, he constantly downplays the role of key skill players in the league and talks as if you can assemble winning teams by collecting the biggest players
I can't ever see myself dialing in and actually listening to that station
I've listened to maybe 3 sound clips of that Sylvester's show and that's enough for me, (with the idea that it wouldn't be anything like the rest of WGR's crap) but Andrew Peters was too much to take.

Last edited by KevinChurch*: 09-01-2013 at 10:17 PM.
KevinChurch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Jacob582

Andrew Peters is awful with guests. He loves to talk too much and answer questions that Sylvester asks the guests. He just has to get his say in. Shut up and let the guest talk.

He was talking over Rob Ray's answer and Ray says something like: do you want to answer the question or am I? Then follows it up with: "I'm just wondering why I am here"

He did that to Georges Laraque earlier in the show.

Old
09-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
Andrew Peters is awful with guests. He loves to talk too much and answer questions that Sylvester asks the guests. He just has to get his say in. Shut up and let the guest talk.

He was talking over Rob Ray's answer and Ray says something like: do you want to answer the question or am I? Then follows it up with: "I'm just wondering why I am here"

He did that to Georges Laraque earlier in the show.
Well, that does sound like Rob Ray

Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2013, 10:44 AM
FanboySlayer*

Not sure why Kevin Sylvester annoys me so much but he does, laughs way too hard at anything - smarmy, car salesman or game show host type personality.

Peters on the other hand - just what the world needs, another dolt in his 30's doing impressions from the same 6 overrated comedy movies from the 80's and 90's that every 'real guy', not any of them **** and nerds of course, has committed the entire screenplay to memory.

FanboySlayer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 09:51 AM
Squantosawuss

Why is K-Sly still on the air?

The Sabres organization obviously knows fans don't like him, which I would imagine is why they completely dropped him from any/all aspects of the TV broadcast.

He is so humorless. That, mixed with his nauseatingly blatant homerism, is so repulsive. If it wasn't for Peters and assorted guests, I would steer clear of WGR from 10A-12P.

Again, what possible reason could there be to hang on to this bore? You can't even say it's because of his hockey knowledge because his opinions are so tainted/slanted in one direction, that any hockey knowledge is rendered moot, since his opinions aren't shaped using any objectivity at all.

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
Why is K-Sly still on the air?

The Sabres organization obviously knows fans don't like him, which I would imagine is why they completely dropped him from any/all aspects of the TV broadcast.

He is so humorless. That, mixed with his nauseatingly blatant homerism, is so repulsive. If it wasn't for Peters and assorted guests, I would steer clear of WGR from 10A-12P.

Again, what possible reason could there be to hang on to this bore? You can't even say it's because of his hockey knowledge because his opinions are so tainted/slanted in one direction, that any hockey knowledge is rendered moot, since his opinions aren't shaped using any objectivity at all.
I don't mind his opinions. I have a problem when he talks down to callers when his opinion is different.

Old
10-08-2013, 11:37 AM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

I live Sabres Hockey. Except for Monday - Friday from 10 AM - 12 PM.

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 09:30 AM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Bumping this because of how good Matthew Collar and Kris Baker were in Ksly's absence and how bad it sounds when Ksly returned. The guy couldn't be more condescending, in the least charming way. But Collar and Kris put on a great show. Wish they would make it permanent.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 09:38 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Bumping this because of how good Matthew Collar and Kris Baker were in Ksly's absence and how bad it sounds when Ksly returned. The guy couldn't be more condescending, in the least charming way. But Collar and Kris put on a great show. Wish they would make it permanent.
Yes, Kris is insightful and has thoughtful things to say - so much more than Andrew Peter's mumbling ideas.

Old
01-08-2014, 10:17 AM
LaFontaineToMogilny

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
You are not alone. I don't like to call for someone to lose their job, but Kevin Sylvester is not good. Too full of himself, doesn't know a thing about hockey, takes shots at callers and co-hosts and constantly sucks on his teeth. If you haven't noticed that last part yet, sorry, from now on it will scream at you like nails on chalkboard.

LaFontaineToMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Push Dr Tracksuit
Gerstmann 3:16

personally i think Coller is just Ksly junior with slightly more personality, I dislike both, theyre both condescending and neither knows as much as their egos think they do

Push Dr Tracksuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 10:13 AM
Squantosawuss

WOW. I never thought I would say this:

When K-Sly and his radio abomination started, I thought Andrew Peters' involvement was ridiculous and he stood out like a sore thumb. I'm hearing K-Sly today, sans Peters, and cannot believe how unlistenable this guy is without Peters!

K-Sly is monologuing...and he's awful at it! Boring with a capital "B". He tries to be funny, but it sounds like your uptight grandpa trying to be funny. He's so awkward and stiff. How in the world did this guy get this job?

Would someone stick long needles in my ears so I can have some relief!

Old
03-12-2014, 10:36 AM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

I agree. I was going to post this exact thing - but was too lazy to search out the thread.

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 11:21 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:

When K-Sly and his radio abomination started, I thought Andrew Peters' involvement was ridiculous and he stood out like a sore thumb. I'm hearing K-Sly today, sans Peters, and cannot believe how unlistenable this guy is without Peters!

K-Sly is monologuing...and he's awful at it! Boring with a capital "B". He tries to be funny, but it sounds like your uptight grandpa trying to be funny. He's so awkward and stiff. How in the world did this guy get this job?

Welcome aboard. The train left the station years ago. Glad you could find it.

All aboard!

ZZamboni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Squantosawuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Welcome aboard. The train left the station years ago. Glad you could find it.

All aboard!
Considering I started this thread over a year ago, I guess I'm driving the train!

Enjoy the ride!

Old
03-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Leelee Phoenix

Quote:
One of the many hacks that sucked up to the right guy decades ago and ensured a local job for life, thus he doesn't care and is condescending to everyone. He's the same IRL as he sounds on air. At least he's stuck in a local area he hates because he's not good enough to go elsewhere, like Schopp.

Peters has grown on me, although I still could do with less of the "tough guy enforcer" nonsense. The quota is filled enough with Rob Ray. At least he brings some insight into how the game really is.

Leelee Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 01:13 PM
JRiz13

When his show first started I thought to myself "sweet only hockey talk for a couple hours every day, that's awesome"

Then I listened a couple times and I couldn't take it. He is just terrible. I actually do enjoy the show when Matt Coller takes over. He should just take over the show.

JRiz13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 01:17 PM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

But what about all the great memories K-Sly has provided for us? I mean someone changed their name to TAKETHATTOOTOO, you can't forget 'IT'S STOOOPID, IT'S JST STOOPID.' and last but not least, 'IT'S OVER!!! IT'S OVER!!!!!!" I was half expecting K-Sly to say the Sabres won the SC after that last one.

start winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 01:22 PM
26CornerBlitz

Quote:

I turned it off today. Couldn't take the monotone, boring forced discussion of nothing. Shill-vester is absolutely terrible and Peters can barely string together two coherent sentences

SHH is a great idea, but I wish the show was hosted by non-Sabre employees. TSN and SportsNet radio shows are far superior with respect to both the show hosts and the guests that they have on.

26CornerBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote