HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-29-2013, 10:41 AM
LeHabsMan

vCash: 500
Ill get back into this now...

DD is usless in every single aspect of the game if he isnt producing. He would need to be our 2nd line centre next season which means Eller would be stuck on our 3rd line. Not good.

Stajan can come in and be an effective 3rd line centre. He is signed for one more year. If he plays like crap he doesnt get resigned and we have an extra 3.5 million to spend on something more usefull than Desharnais. Preferably a good winger since we can then ice Plekanec, Eller and Galchenyuk as our 3 centres.

Culkin played very well with the Remparts last year. He was a leader on the team and I have liked him since his draft year. He went way too low and my point of him being from Montréal meant that our management should be familiar with him.

Nemisz is pretty close to being a bust I know... But if everyone is so patient with Leblanc why cant we take a chance on Nemisz? Powerforwards do take longer to develop.

Old
08-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Investing Desharnais in Stajan is way too much, and saying you don't hate Desharnais is downright comical considering your last 20 posts.

If getting points was so easy, one would think Keith Aucoin would have had more success in the NHL, no?
Thinking DD is a good 2nd line center because he can get 50-60 pts is like saying Higgins is a first line winger because he can pot 20+ goals.

Give any decent hockey player all the chances in the world to produce which is tons of icetime+1min of PP on every PP occasions and playing with the best linemates, he will likely produce.

Yes, DD is capable of producing 50 to 60 pts in a regular season but you have to give him ice-time, the best wingers and PP. I'm pretty sure Eller can easily duplicate the same production given the same opportunity and environment.

Between Eller and DD, Eller has more upsides and plays a more complete games. I think with Eller's progression last year, he has surpassed DD in the depth chart.

I'm just sick that you keep using his production of his only good year, to pin him as our 2nd line center.. like if we don't have better options.

Old
08-29-2013, 11:08 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Thinking DD is a good 2nd line center because he can get 50-60 pts is like saying Higgins is a first line winger because he can pot 20+ goals.

Give any decent hockey player all the chances in the world to produce which is tons of icetime+1min of PP on every PP occasions and playing with the best linemates, he will likely produce.

Yes, DD is capable of producing 50 to 60 pts in a regular season but you have to give him ice-time, the best wingers and PP. I'm pretty sure Eller can easily duplicate the same production given the same opportunity and environment.

Between Eller and DD, Eller has more upsides and plays a more complete games. I think with Eller's progression last year, he has surpassed DD in the depth chart.

I'm just sick that you keep using his production of his only good year, to pin him as our 2nd line center.. like if we don't have better options.
The way I see it is we have at least 3 better options, and I'm not a fan of Briere by any stretch.

Old
08-30-2013, 12:15 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
Ill get back into this now...

DD is usless in every single aspect of the game if he isnt producing. He would need to be our 2nd line centre next season which means Eller would be stuck on our 3rd line. Not good.

Stajan can come in and be an effective 3rd line centre. He is signed for one more year. If he plays like crap he doesnt get resigned and we have an extra 3.5 million to spend on something more usefull than Desharnais. Preferably a good winger since we can then ice Plekanec, Eller and Galchenyuk as our 3 centres.

Culkin played very well with the Remparts last year. He was a leader on the team and I have liked him since his draft year. He went way too low and my point of him being from Montréal meant that our management should be familiar with him.

Nemisz is pretty close to being a bust I know... But if everyone is so patient with Leblanc why cant we take a chance on Nemisz? Powerforwards do take longer to develop.
Agree with most of this...

DD, in a vacuum, has more value than Stajan... Better upside, more productive, reliable character (not that Stajan is a bum, but DD has worked his way far beyond expectations throughout his career ).

But it's not a vacuum... And for the important reasons you point out, Stajan is likely a better fit to help our team succeed this season AND his contract expiration would give us both flexibility & security.

DD is a bad fit given briere's arrival & Eller's need/readiness to play more offensively productive roles.
Stajan would fit in perfectly & the 3.5m$ coming off the books at a time where our entire D group is up for new contracts combine to make it a worthwhile gamble for us,... Edpecially with other prospects thrown in to sweeten the pot.

With no briere, keeping DD made some sense, but icing both this year & next does not

Old
08-30-2013, 01:40 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
When the GM intends to build his team through the Draft usually any trades that will happen are for draft picks. Nothing would turn off potential prospects faster than trading away a Free Agent signing that just signed a 4 year contract.

Just a thought about Desharnais and his work ethic, his size and ability to overcome major hurdles to be a Hab. While trying to find reasons to tear down double D, it would be wise to reapply efforts to learn his intangibles and how to use them in our own lives.

The Habs seem to corner the market on players that have all of his earmarks, those types of players wear more SC rings than any others. Coincidence?

Last edited by S Bah: 08-30-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old
08-31-2013, 10:13 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I wonder what it would take to pry Ryan Johansen from Columbus... big right handed centerman, good on faceoffs, responsible defensively with fairly high offensive potential. They're deep on defensive prospects close to being NHL ready and quite deep at center. I'd like Galchenyuk (left handed) and Johansen (right handed) to center the top two lines in the future.

I know, I'm dreaming.

Old
08-31-2013, 10:20 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I wonder what it would take to pry Ryan Johansen from Columbus... big right handed centerman, good on faceoffs, responsible defensively with fairly high offensive potential. They're deep on defensive prospects close to being NHL ready and quite deep at center. I'd like Galchenyuk (left handed) and Johansen (right handed) to center the top two lines in the future.

I know, I'm dreaming.
If Howson was still there I'd say its plausible but with Jarmo, the price is Eller+ or no deal imho

Old
08-31-2013, 10:54 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHabs View Post
If Howson was still there I'd say its plausible but with Jarmo, the price is Eller+ or no deal imho
I don't know that they'd want Eller, James. They're deep at center and that's why I'm wondering if they'd be willing to part with Johansen to start with. Of course, it would take something good going the other way. I'm thinking that they'd want some quality winger(s) and perhaps a short term center until the youth is ready, as they're pretty deep on defense as well, although not many quality experience. I'm afraid they'd ask for Pacioretty, personally.

Old
08-31-2013, 03:21 PM
Guig

Quote:
I don't know that they'd want Eller, James. They're deep at center and that's why I'm wondering if they'd be willing to part with Johansen to start with. Of course, it would take something good going the other way. I'm thinking that they'd want some quality winger(s) and perhaps a short term center until the youth is ready, as they're pretty deep on defense as well, although not many quality experience. I'm afraid they'd ask for Pacioretty, personally.
What about Johansen for Plekanec?

Old
08-31-2013, 03:29 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiG View Post
Are you a boston fan, or what?

Old
08-31-2013, 04:11 PM
Guig

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
No...

Old
08-31-2013, 04:21 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Agree with most of this...

DD, in a vacuum, has more value than Stajan... Better upside, more productive, reliable character (not that Stajan is a bum, but DD has worked his way far beyond expectations throughout his career ).

But it's not a vacuum... And for the important reasons you point out, Stajan is likely a better fit to help our team succeed this season AND his contract expiration would give us both flexibility & security.

DD is a bad fit given briere's arrival & Eller's need/readiness to play more offensively productive roles.
Stajan would fit in perfectly & the 3.5m$ coming off the books at a time where our entire D group is up for new contracts combine to make it a worthwhile gamble for us,... Edpecially with other prospects thrown in to sweeten the pot.

With no briere, keeping DD made some sense, but icing both this year & next does not
Exactly.

Getting Stajan and his shorter contract helps the team for this season by letting better players get more oppurtunities and the future by having more flexibility cap wise.

Add in 2 decent prospects and I really dont see why this wouldnt be a good trade.

Old
08-31-2013, 06:13 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
Exactly.

Getting Stajan and his shorter contract helps the team for this season by letting better players get more oppurtunities and the future by having more flexibility cap wise.

Add in 2 decent prospects and I really dont see why this wouldnt be a good trade.
Not only that but it would be good to see if Pacioretty has chemistry with either Eller or Galchenyuk. It's time to start thinking about building a team for the future and not just for the first two weeks of the upcoming season.

Old
09-01-2013, 07:38 AM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Not only that but it would be good to see if Pacioretty has chemistry with either Eller or Galchenyuk. It's time to start thinking about building a team for the future and not just for the first two weeks of the upcoming season.
True.

We know the Gally's work well together. If Paces and Eller play well together, we have 4 out of 6 of our top 6 players for the future. Plekanec is still here for a while and can be a 3rd line centre that can play on the PK and powerplay. Or keep Gally on the wing with Pleks.

Build the team around that. That is a core that will be here for a while. No DD, no Gionta...

Old
09-01-2013, 07:43 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guig View Post
No...
The implication being that the trade absolutely murders the habs and that, you, being a bruins fan, would like to see that happen.

Old
09-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guig View Post
Quote:
There is no way that Columbus trades Johansen for Plekanec one for one and if we take our rose glasses off, we should be able to recognize that. Johansen is a 6'3" top notch prospect still at the tender age of 21 (he just turned 21 in July). Former 3rd overall pick, he's defensively responsible and not bad on faceoffs. It's almost like asking if we'd take Dubinsky for Galchenyuk.

Old
09-01-2013, 09:30 AM
sampollock

someone told me that morrow was invited to habs camp?

did you posters, here that????

Old
09-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post

Don't know if you can read french: http://www.habsolumentfan.com/conten...mp-du-canadien

But it's from DLC, I don't trust them. Morrow would like to have a contract first and not only a try out.

Old
09-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Pavel_Bure

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post

Who? We need a name bra... Was it Gainey?

Old
09-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Pavel_Bure

Well since morrow was brought up ill do the lineup lol

Patches-plek-briere
Bourque-Eller-gally
Prust-gally-morrow
Moen-white-parros

Trade Gio and DD!

Old
09-01-2013, 10:03 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
There is no way that Columbus trades Johansen for Plekanec one for one and if we take our rose glasses off, we should be able to recognize that. Johansen is a 6'3" top notch prospect still at the tender age of 21 (he just turned 21 in July). Former 3rd overall pick, he's defensively responsible and not bad on faceoffs. It's almost like asking if we'd take Dubinsky for Galchenyuk.
Except that Pleks is a much better player than dubinsky and Galchenyuk is already a superior player to Johansen despite being younger. Try again.

In fact, we already have a 5th round pick from the same draft year who is outproducing him. Of course, Johansen has some height on him, but we can't possibly be boiling it down to moar big, right?

Trading your first line center for a 21 year old with an NHL points total of Tinordi+10 is a great way to get your ass fired as GM. And I'm saying that as someone who really likes Johansen and discussed him a lot with friends the year he was drafted.

And does it matter what Howson and columbus wants or does? How do their needs factor in to what the habs are doing at this moment? Would boston have traded krejci last year for the same kid? I sincerely doubt it.

Old
09-01-2013, 10:26 AM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Don't know if you can read french: http://www.habsolumentfan.com/conten...mp-du-canadien

But it's from DLC, I don't trust them. Morrow would like to have a contract first and not only a try out.
Sorry cant read French. I friend told me Not sure

Old
09-01-2013, 10:32 AM
MonkeyBusiness

DLC.... He's even worse than the 14 year old creating rumors on twitter.

Old
09-01-2013, 10:36 AM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel_Bure View Post
Well since morrow was brought up ill do the lineup lol

Patches-plek-briere
Bourque-Eller-gally
Prust-gally-morrow
Moen-white-parros

Trade Gio and DD!
Max Pacioretty - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher
Alex Galchenyuk - Lars Eller - Daniel Briere
Brendan Morrow - Matt Stajan - Rene Bourque
Brandon Prust - Jacob Josefson - Ryan White
- Travis Moen and George Parros

David Desharnais to Calgary for Matt Stajan, Ryan Culkin and Greg Nemisz
Brian Gionta to New Jersey for Jacob Josefson and 3rd round pick

I like it.

Old
09-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post

DLC... when will people ever learn...

Quote:
Except that Pleks is a much better player than dubinsky and Galchenyuk is already a superior player to Johansen despite being younger. Try again.

In fact, we already have a 5th round pick from the same draft year who is outproducing him. Of course, Johansen has some height on him, but we can't possibly be boiling it down to moar big, right?

Trading your first line center for a 21 year old with an NHL points total of Tinordi+10 is a great way to get your ass fired as GM. And I'm saying that as someone who really likes Johansen and discussed him a lot with friends the year he was drafted.

And does it matter what Howson and columbus wants or does? How do their needs factor in to what the habs are doing at this moment? Would boston have traded krejci last year for the same kid? I sincerely doubt it.
  1. Plekanec is NOT far superior to Dubinsky. I'd take Dubs well before Pleks even if I like him.
  2. Comparing Galchenyuk's production with Johansen is being ill intent and dishonest. Look at the teams they play for.
  3. Scott Howson is no longer in Columbus as he's the assistant-GM in Edmonton. Jarmo Kekalainen is the GM in Columbus. The fact that you don't know that shows me that you know little about that franchise which raises serious questions about your knowledge of the players on that team as well.
  4. You can find late round picks in every draft that will produce more than first rounders, especially in the short term. There's a strawman if I've ever seen one!
So unless it's against the rules on this board, I was simply stating that I'd love to have him in Montreal. What's wrong with that?

Closed Thread