HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Rookie camp roster (September 5-9)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-01-2013, 10:07 AM
  #51
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King View Post
You actually think that's heavy for a guy his height? He's still skin and bones. Think about it. Pk is 6 feet 216lbs. And that's not terribly heavy for a guy like him.

Kid needs to hover around 240 to be what we need him to be. He'll get there.
The average size for a 6' hockey player is 190-195...not 216lbs. PK is built like a tank and very strong on skates. 227lbs is already 20-25lbs more than when he was drafted 3 years ago, Tinordi is approaching his "peak" weight to be an effective NHLer. If he gets much more than 240lbs it will affect his mobility. Having a guy that size with a mean streak like he has will be a huge asset, usually big guys like that play soft like Gill Chara and Myers.

Monctonscout is online now  
Old
09-01-2013, 10:13 AM
  #52
Gustave
Registered User
 
Gustave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Here
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
The average size for a 6' hockey player is 190-195...not 216lbs. PK is built like a tank and very strong on skates. 227lbs is already 20-25lbs more than when he was drafted 3 years ago, Tinordi is approaching his "peak" weight to be an effective NHLer. If he gets much more than 240lbs it will affect his mobility. Having a guy that size with a mean streak like he has will be a huge asset, usually big guys like that play soft like Gill Chara and Myers.
Soft like Chara. Just dropped this little nugget in there huh?

Go on, I'm biting. Explain please.

Gustave is offline  
Old
09-01-2013, 10:14 AM
  #53
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
Soft like Chara. Just dropped this little nugget in there huh?

Go on, I'm biting. Explain please.
Being tied with Bane in the 'backs broken' category just isn't enough these days, sadly.

overlords is offline  
Old
09-01-2013, 10:21 AM
  #54
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
Soft like Chara. Just dropped this little nugget in there huh?

Go on, I'm biting. Explain please.
Chara takes the body from time to time, but he isn't going all out physical like Murray Schenn Fraser Methot, guys that always finishes their hit. Chara will sometimes dfo it but it's not natural, almost like Julien kicks his ass to be meaner and it quickly wears off.

Monctonscout is online now  
Old
09-01-2013, 10:30 AM
  #55
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Chara takes the body from time to time, but he isn't going all out physical like Murray Schenn Fraser Methot, guys that always finishes their hit. Chara will sometimes dfo it but it's not natural, almost like Julien kicks his ass to be meaner and it quickly wears off.
I know now not to take you seriously, I never really did anyways as the resident homer that sees everything through rose-colored glasses. Under no definition is Chara soft.

habsfanatics is offline  
Old
09-01-2013, 10:32 AM
  #56
Gustave
Registered User
 
Gustave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Here
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Chara takes the body from time to time, but he isn't going all out physical like Murray Schenn Fraser Methot, guys that always finishes their hit. Chara will sometimes dfo it but it's not natural, almost like Julien kicks his ass to be meaner and it quickly wears off.
I'd reckon if you polled NHL forwards on the most intimidating Dman, Chara would top that list, easily. Thus leaving Murray Fraser and whoever in the dust. Dude can flat out dominate physicaly when it's needed and can switch it off when the situation commands restraint and a focus on defensive structure. A very rare quality.

I might be wrong.

Gustave is offline  
Old
09-01-2013, 10:36 AM
  #57
Lions999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 941
vCash: 500
Chara is actually a dirty player...

Lions999 is offline  
Old
09-01-2013, 11:56 AM
  #58
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
On a sidenote, anyone know why Nygren is listed on the habs main website ?

Along with Bozon, Collberg, Fournier, Tarnasky, St. Pierre, Hudon and Condon ?
Qué?

habsprospects is offline  
Old
09-01-2013, 12:32 PM
  #59
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,735
vCash: 500
Excited to see what Nygren can do!!!!!!!!!!!

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline  
Old
09-01-2013, 12:40 PM
  #60
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
I'd reckon if you polled NHL forwards on the most intimidating Dman, Chara would top that list, easily. Thus leaving Murray Fraser and whoever in the dust. Dude can flat out dominate physicaly when it's needed and can switch it off when the situation commands restraint and a focus on defensive structure. A very rare quality.

I might be wrong.
He's intimidating because he's difficult to get around (his size, wingspan) and he has that thunderous shot. However, he isn't the hardest body checker. A few Habs have figured out that they should go right at him when he has the puck in his own end. If what I say isn't correct, then provide a better explanation for how the Habs have managed to be competitive with the Bruins despite having the inferior team overall.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
09-01-2013, 12:54 PM
  #61
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
He's intimidating because he's difficult to get around (his size, wingspan) and he has that thunderous shot. However, he isn't the hardest body checker. A few Habs have figured out that they should go right at him when he has the puck in his own end. If what I say isn't correct, then provide a better explanation for how the Habs have managed to be competitive with the Bruins despite having the inferior team overall.
So Chara can't be tough because the entire habs team has stayed competitive with a superior bruins team.... what?

Christ, I hate chara with a passion but he's a scary freak of nature. Players **** themselves when they see him coming at them. Of course it's different when he has the puck. There's a huge difference between pursuing someone and being pursued by that same person. The man brushes off 90% of body checks like nothing. He deals punishment in front of the net like nobody else in the league.

Are we really debating whether Zdeno Chara is soft? Are we really doing that?

overlords is offline  
Old
09-01-2013, 01:05 PM
  #62
Treb
Registered User
 
Treb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
The thing with Leblanc is that he has been worst than Pateryn last season, and Pateryn got called up, he his also one year older than Leblanc. But yeah he could have the same status as Dumont... still Leblanc was invited at the summer camp and Dumont wasn't, right?
Leblanc is a forward, Pateryn is a defenceman, so I don't understand the link between being called up... Leblanc was injured a lot last year, hence the not calling up vs Dumont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
No, he'd be second to Murray who's 245.

On a sidenote, anyone know why Nygren is listed on the habs main website ?

Along with Bozon, Collberg, Fournier, Tarnasky, St. Pierre, Hudon and Condon ?
Because they have NHL contract and haven't yet been officially sent down to CHL/AHL/Europe?

Treb is offline  
Old
09-01-2013, 03:08 PM
  #63
capebretoncanadien
Registered User
 
capebretoncanadien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,273
vCash: 500
Lol @ Chara being soft.

Give your head a shake.

capebretoncanadien is offline  
Old
09-01-2013, 07:48 PM
  #64
25get
Registered User
 
25get's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
The average size for a 6' hockey player is 190-195...not 216lbs. PK is built like a tank and very strong on skates. 227lbs is already 20-25lbs more than when he was drafted 3 years ago, Tinordi is approaching his "peak" weight to be an effective NHLer. If he gets much more than 240lbs it will affect his mobility. Having a guy that size with a mean streak like he has will be a huge asset, usually big guys like that play soft like Gill Chara and Myers.
It is possible that PK being a training freak like he is does have an influence on other players like Eller, Tinordi and Galchenyuk.
Also Gallagher's father is a trainer so I guess that it may help his energy level because this guy has always the switch to high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I know now not to take you seriously, I never really did anyways as the resident homer that sees everything through rose-colored glasses. Under no definition is Chara soft.
One thing for sure, PO is a different game:
Chara had 2.1 hits per game during the season and 3.27 hits per games during the PO.
Seabrook went from 2.25 to 3.47 hits per game. Seidenberg went from 2.46 to 2.83 hits.

It is possible that the PO rules allows those players to hit more and harder without getting penalties.

25get is offline  
Old
09-01-2013, 08:54 PM
  #65
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
The thing with Leblanc is that he has been worst than Pateryn last season, and Pateryn got called up, he his also one year older than Leblanc. But yeah he could have the same status as Dumont... still Leblanc was invited at the summer camp and Dumont wasn't, right?
Leblanc already has half a season in the NHL under his belt, he has nothing to do in a rookie camp.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
09-01-2013, 09:14 PM
  #66
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
So Chara can't be tough because the entire habs team has stayed competitive with a superior bruins team.... what?

Christ, I hate chara with a passion but he's a scary freak of nature. Players **** themselves when they see him coming at them. Of course it's different when he has the puck. There's a huge difference between pursuing someone and being pursued by that same person. The man brushes off 90% of body checks like nothing. He deals punishment in front of the net like nobody else in the league.

Are we really debating whether Zdeno Chara is soft? Are we really doing that?
No, of course not. He's very formidable. It just means that the Bruins aren't invulnerable because he's on the ice.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
09-01-2013, 11:20 PM
  #67
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,067
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
No, of course not. He's very formidable. It just means that the Bruins aren't invulnerable because he's on the ice.
I agree with you but Jonathan Toews, no matter how effective he was in the SCF, he took a beating. Yes Chara has holes in his game but he probably has less than most any defender in the NHL (all things consider like size, strength, ice awareness...)

CrAzYNiNe is offline  
Old
09-02-2013, 12:27 PM
  #68
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,538
vCash: 500
Is anybody gonna be there to give us reports? I'm looking at you Whitesnake

Chris Cutter is offline  
Old
09-02-2013, 01:11 PM
  #69
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot78 View Post
Never said I thought it was heavy for a 6'6 guy. Just wanted to point out he put up about 20 pounds since he got drafted. That's just good news. And 216lbs for PK IS heavy.
PK can skate, can't he? Muscle is denser than fat.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
09-02-2013, 01:37 PM
  #70
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
PK can skate, can't he? Muscle is denser than fat.
Of course Subban can, but that doesn't mean Tinordi need the same proportionnal weight than Subban, everybody have differents type of bodies. Peoples shouldn't just look at his weight and said he should 10-15 lbs more just to be like Subban.

His father was 6'4 and 215 lbs and was a mean physical guy.

Forsead is offline  
Old
09-02-2013, 02:34 PM
  #71
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Is anybody gonna be there to give us reports? I'm looking at you Whitesnake
Yeah, I know...stop doing that....

Depends....I might be able to catch up something depending of how my professionnal career goes on....I'll let you guys know.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
09-02-2013, 09:32 PM
  #72
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,264
vCash: 500
I wonder why Habs don't participate in Rookies tournament like few years ago ? That's a better way to test out the rookies than the scrimmages, no ?

zzoo is offline  
Old
09-03-2013, 10:21 AM
  #73
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,689
vCash: 500
I repost here my previous post because nobody answered me and I think it could be lost in other discussions. So here it is:

"I'm pretty impressed by the save percentage of Micheal Condon at every level he had play last year. Is anybody know him a bit? Is there a chance he translates that at the next level (AHL), somehow? Does he have a chance of reaching the NHL at some point?"

LePoche69 is offline  
Old
09-03-2013, 10:26 AM
  #74
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I wonder why Habs don't participate in Rookies tournament like few years ago ? That's a better way to test out the rookies than the scrimmages, no ?
The Habs were unhappy that another team (I think it was the Leafs) dressed too many older players and goons so they don't participate at that tournament anymore.

Pierre Dagenais is offline  
Old
09-03-2013, 10:33 AM
  #75
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I wonder why Habs don't participate in Rookies tournament like few years ago ? That's a better way to test out the rookies than the scrimmages, no ?
More entertaining for sure but I'm not sure it's the better method to test out rookies.

Watsatheo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.