HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colton Sissons

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-31-2013, 11:01 AM
  #1
thecloser
Registered User
 
thecloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: brentwood, tn
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 500
Colton Sissons

http://www.kelownacapnews.com/sports...221689111.html

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 12:27 PM
  #2
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Should do well following in Austin Watson's foot steps with the Admirals this season as Watson looks to make the jump to the NHL while Sissons learns the pro game.

Sissons is strong defensively, but also has a budding power forward potential at the other end of the ice too.

71 goals and 149 points in 182 games with Kelowna the past three seasons. Has served as the team captain the last two years.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 12:35 PM
  #3
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,685
vCash: 500
Ads should be incredibly top heavy in forward;

Watson, Budish, Sissons, Possibly Beck, Shalla, Rask, Henderson.

Wished the Defensemen has some heavier NHL prospects who could be the 8th man but


Last edited by BigFatCat999: 09-01-2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: NINJA EDIT!!!!!!!!!!
BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 08:38 PM
  #4
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 16,794
vCash: 130
when was the last time we were able to say that BFC??

our vaunted defensive prospects have either blossomed and will be playing in the NHL or have Blummed out...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2013, 09:42 AM
  #5
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
when was the last time we were able to say that BFC??

our vaunted defensive prospects have either blossomed and will be playing in the NHL or have Blummed out...
Um.....never. But look at how YOUNG the D corp is in Nashville; Weber is the old guy, Josi, Klein is kinda an old guy, Ekholm, Jones, Ellis, hell Bartley is a rookie but he seems like a vet. It's why I want a vet LHD to push the loser of Ek v Bart to Milwaukee

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2013, 12:17 PM
  #6
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 22,814
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Um.....never. But look at how YOUNG the D corp is in Nashville; Weber is the old guy, Josi, Klein is kinda an old guy, Ekholm, Jones, Ellis, hell Bartley is a rookie but he seems like a vet. It's why I want a vet LHD to push the loser of Ek v Bart to Milwaukee
I suspect that such a vet LHD, if he is to arrive, won't appear in contract negotiations 'till October.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2013, 12:56 PM
  #7
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
I thought mueller was gone. Where was Cehlin in your list too? He's a sleeper in my mind.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2013, 01:10 PM
  #8
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I thought mueller was gone. Where was Cehlin in your list too? He's a sleeper in my mind.
Mueller left as a UFA this season. Cehlin will be in Milwaukee and as you do, I view him as a sleeper this season.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2013, 01:21 PM
  #9
glenngineer
HFB Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Lake View Post
Mueller left as a UFA this season. Cehlin will be in Milwaukee and as you do, I view him as a sleeper this season.
I see a lot of Erat in Cehlin.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2013, 01:22 PM
  #10
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I thought mueller was gone. Where was Cehlin in your list too? He's a sleeper in my mind.

D'oh! *Slips on the black gear*

NINJA EDIT!!!!!

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2013, 11:51 PM
  #11
thecloser
Registered User
 
thecloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: brentwood, tn
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I see a lot of Erat in Cehlin.
except faster. Cehlin is nice. He's really quick and could be a really nice forward for us going forward.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 08:10 AM
  #12
CenterIceDude
Rookie User
 
CenterIceDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Milwaukee, Wis.
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Predators fan via Milwaukee, new poster here, hello. Just jumping in to say I was at the Admirals game on Saturday night and I'm sounding a Colton Sissons alert. Deft skater if not blazing, good ice sense, seems to always be in the right place - had two goals and rang the pipe for what would've been the hat trick. The Admirals have played only 5 games but of players with 5 games or less he's tied for second in the AHL in scoring with 4-2-6. And this is someone who's billed as a defensive forward. Looked like the real deal to me.

CenterIceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 12:31 PM
  #13
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenterIceDude View Post
Predators fan via Milwaukee, new poster here, hello. Just jumping in to say I was at the Admirals game on Saturday night and I'm sounding a Colton Sissons alert. Deft skater if not blazing, good ice sense, seems to always be in the right place - had two goals and rang the pipe for what would've been the hat trick. The Admirals have played only 5 games but of players with 5 games or less he's tied for second in the AHL in scoring with 4-2-6. And this is someone who's billed as a defensive forward. Looked like the real deal to me.
Yeah, he really broke out offensively last season prior to a season-ending shoulder injury.

Sissons is highlighted in the next article at Hockey's Future. Look for it sometime this week...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 02:50 PM
  #14
adsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenterIceDude View Post
Predators fan via Milwaukee, new poster here, hello. Just jumping in to say I was at the Admirals game on Saturday night and I'm sounding a Colton Sissons alert. Deft skater if not blazing, good ice sense, seems to always be in the right place - had two goals and rang the pipe for what would've been the hat trick. The Admirals have played only 5 games but of players with 5 games or less he's tied for second in the AHL in scoring with 4-2-6. And this is someone who's billed as a defensive forward. Looked like the real deal to me.
Welcome CID!

+1 on your post.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 10:49 AM
  #15
MichaelJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,964
vCash: 500
Colton Sissons

Devils fan here, I just wanted to ask about one of your prospects. I wanted the Devils to draft Sissons in 2012 instead of Matteau. It seems that he's developed pretty well and should be in line for a promotion sooner rather than later. I'm guessing he's a a 3C with the upside of a second line center at some point.

Would you guys be willing to deal him and is there anything the Devils have that might interest you?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

MichaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 11:02 AM
  #16
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
Devils fan here, I just wanted to ask about one of your prospects. I wanted the Devils to draft Sissons in 2012 instead of Matteau. It seems that he's developed pretty well and should be in line for a promotion sooner rather than later. I'm guessing he's a a 3C with the upside of a second line center at some point.

Would you guys be willing to deal him and is there anything the Devils have that might interest you?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
His playing style and eventual upside is as you say-- 2/3 center -- two-way game with some scoring touch, Mike Fisher is a decent comparison.

With that said, we're very thin on forward prospects, particularly centers, so I doubt the Predators are into trading him, especially given his hot start to his rookie year in the AHL.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 11:41 AM
  #17
MichaelJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
His playing style and eventual upside is as you say-- 2/3 center -- two-way game with some scoring touch, Mike Fisher is a decent comparison.

With that said, we're very thin on forward prospects, particularly centers, so I doubt the Predators are into trading him, especially given his hot start to his rookie year in the AHL.
Disappointing, but understandable.

Thanks for responding.

MichaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 12:42 PM
  #18
AintLifeGrand
Registered User
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thrasherville, GA
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
A center version of Scott Hartnell

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 06:23 PM
  #19
adsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,452
vCash: 500
Sissons is 11G 9A in 29 games with a -4. He is second in scoring for the Admirals.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 08:49 PM
  #20
AintLifeGrand
Registered User
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thrasherville, GA
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
it appears, Watson has picked up his production as of late...

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.