Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2013-14 Midget AAA Hockey

Old
08-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutqc View Post
Last year was a good example ... Three kids not on their team who were all drafted in the first three rounds, made their junior team and all were in the U17 camp I believe.
McFalls was invited to u17 but couldn't attend cuz he was still rehabbing from his surgery he had just prior to the Espoir playoffs and dodge cup

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 05:42 PM
hab 4ever

Moreau is not the top 98 forward in Québec. I would say either Lauzon or Brushett is. But he is certainly amongst the very good ones and should play midget AAA. Why did Govers and DiGregorio make the team over him?

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 06:48 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Apparently it's was because there's no room in the top 6.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 07:14 PM
CRRhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Apparently it's was because there's no room in the top 6.
Oh so they do not want 3 strong lines. Wow, hope they can score.

CRRhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Princecraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Coughlin will play elsewhere, Sylvestre MOD EDIT.

Povall won't play much again.
Do you know where Coughlin will play? I saw him this summer and I must say he is superior to Gravielatos by some margin. Best of luck to him and Povall.

Princecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 07:41 PM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princecraft View Post
Do you know where Coughlin will play? I saw him this summer and I must say he is superior to Gravielatos by some margin. Best of luck to him and Povall.
Coughlin will play for the Grenadiers MgtAAA

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Princecraft

Very good thanks.

Princecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 08:27 PM
hab 4ever

Surprised the chose Gavrielatos over Silvestre... The Lions also make the mist surprising roster decisions in Midget AAA

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 08:38 PM
Canadiens1958

Midget AAA Roster Decisions

Roster decisions at the Midget AAA level are a function of optimizing team performance and player hockey career opportunities. Major junior is one option as is the NCAA, the USHL, prep schools etc.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 09:19 PM
PorkChopSandwiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Making the trip to the CB West / CB Tradesmen game Sunday. Hopefully Balmas stands out enough that I don't have to search for him out there (Assuming no last names on jerseys yet)
Please report back any findings

PorkChopSandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 09:22 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Gavriealots's dad owns the team.

No Midget AAA team should've private.

Sylvestre is supposed to be a stud goalie.

Povall as well is also great but he won't play often.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 10:18 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRRhockey View Post
Oh so they do not want 3 strong lines. Wow, hope they can score.
lions = 2 line team, always have been

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 10:48 PM
RBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6 Pacioretty 7x View Post
lions = 2 line team, always have been
Correct.

RBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 11:35 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2hockey View Post
Will do. Hoping Balmas is wearing #22

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 07:06 AM
Thebesthockey

question: when playing mAAA, is a player allowed to try out (after invitation of course) for whichever team they want ?

Thebesthockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 07:13 AM
PorkChopSandwiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebesthockey View Post
question: when playing mAAA, is a player allowed to try out (after invitation of course) for whichever team they want ?
This varies by League and there are rules that govern it. In NSMMHL you must be released from all teams in your region that you live before you can go outside of it. If a team puts you on a 30 player protected list in the spring before the next season starts, you cannot tryout for another team until released.

Old
08-30-2013, 07:19 AM
Canadiens1958

Governing Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebesthockey View Post
Not if the teams are under the same governing body umbrella, see the previous explanation. Outlaw leagues or situations are always a possibility.

Also there is a grey area with schools.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2013, 04:58 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
I found I was disappointed

I'll give the kids some slack because it was the first game of the preseason for CB and maybe the 2nd for CB West.

Best description for it, it looked like a high school hockey game without the fans energy to make it exciting lol. Sloppy hockey all over the ice - aimless passes, fear of body contact, weak turnovers.

After a few shifts I figured I'd just focus on Balmas. He was doing a lot of floating around. You could tell he knew where he was supposed to be defensively because he would get into position.... eventually. They scored a goal off one of his lazy backchecks. Offensively, he wasn't getting himself to the net as often as he was at the AllState All-Canadian game and really the 1 shift he did they eventually knocked one home. He had a couple different linemates but the one he was playing with the most was a former teammate in Major Bantam who played high school hockey last year, Tristan Nordine. They were communicating pretty well on the bench and seemed to know where each other were on the ice more often than not. They had a number of other wingers play with them. He definitely needs to get a lot stronger - he can survive in major midget right now but I want to see him excel going forward. It was their first game so again, I'll give him a mulligan on this one.

Logan Cooke came in for the third and looked pretty good. I'm not big on judging goalies but he looked like he took a lot of positives from his time at Charlottetowns camp. I didn't see the goal against because he came in for the third and I left before it ended but he looks like he could be poised for a real good season.

I didn't pay much attention to the CB west side at all. I didn't have a list of names in front of me and knew I wouldn't recognize any of them quickly. #24 was the only one who stood out with a few simple plays that looked spectacular in such a sloppy game but I didn't bother finding his name, I'll see plenty of them this season.

Edit: Apparently the Balmas line scored the first goal of the game and he was in on it. I missed some of the first period due to a detour

Last edited by Scarecrow Boat: 08-31-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old
09-01-2013, 12:52 AM
Canada4Gold1

Since hockey2hockey did one for the Nova Scotia teams so here goes the NB/PEI teams. I don't follow much Bantam hockey in PEI but Jameison (99) would have been the best player coming to Major this year as a underager if he wasn't going to CIHA (someone posted this on another thread).

Saint John

They look to be the team with the most fire power if Leblanc, Bower, MacSween, Gray, and Saunders return. The addition of Sam King from Bantam adds to their offense even more. Their back end is where they will need to improve if they want to win. They lost their best defenceman to age but Tesink and Shipley from Bantam should improve them. Goaltending is a huge ? but the top 98 goalie in NB Domokos should be the starter but he is relatively small. I'd look to see high scoring games between Saint John and their opponents.

Q potential picks: King, Domokos, Shipley

Fredericton

Their team is probably the most well-balanced team if most of their players come back. Offense needs improvement but a full healthy season from Thompkins and last year's returning 98 Leblanc should help. Their defence takes a huge blow losing Deschenes but Paul and Astle should be back unless they go to Jr A to play less minutes. Goalies weren't very strong last year but Meadows who played for U16 NB last year might improve that. I'd expect this team to be very defensively minded.

Q potential picks: Daley, Thompkins, Leblanc

Moncton

Moncton is the team that could really struggle this year. Bradley, S.Leblanc, Richard, Poirier, Myers, and Collette are all gone leaving a huge hole to fill. The story keeps changing on Jacob whether he's with the Wilcats or injured until November so that's another hole. Basically every position on the team needs a bunch of replacements and I don't think they will get the same calibre of players as last year to make them a top team.

Q potential picks: Ward, Belec

Miramichi

They have most of their offensive line returning this year and 98's Plourde and Kenny won't be underagers this year so I'd expect their top 2 lines to be full of fire power. Defense has a few holes to fill and is their weak point at the moment. 98 Lurette will be with the team full time this year and should help them on defense. Heard Elijah Francis attended camp but that he's returning to Notre Dame. They will probably return the best goalie in the league this year in Vautour as well. They don't seem to have many ??? on players returning so they might be the most improved and surprise with a high standings finish.

Q potential picks: Plourde, Beaulieu, Kenny, Lurette, (Francis?)

Cornwall

A lot of players that can return so they should be at the top of the league this season. Losing Bridges will be their most significant loss. I expect to see a lot of their 97's to improve from last season's deep run.

Q potential picks: Hackett, Arsenault, Steele

Charlottetown

A lot of key players are gone from last year so they will fall in the standings. The offensive load will need to be carried by Larter and I'm wondering if he can do it without MacDonald, Gallant, or Gaudet beside him.

Q potential picks: Larter

Last edited by Canada4Gold1: 09-01-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Canada4Gold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2013, 08:19 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold1 View Post
Since hockey2hockey did one for the Nova Scotia teams so here goes the NB/PEI teams. I don't follow much Bantam hockey in PEI but Jameison (99) would have been the best player coming to Major this year as a underager if he wasn't going to CIHA (someone posted this on another thread).

Saint John

They look to be the team with the most fire power if Leblanc, Bower, MacSween, Gray, and Saunders return. The addition of Sam King from Bantam adds to their offense even more. Their back end is where they will need to improve if they want to win. They lost their best defenceman to age but Tesink and Shipley from Bantam should improve them. Goaltending is a huge ? but the top 98 goalie in NB Domokos should be the starter but he is relatively small. I'd look to see high scoring games between Saint John and their opponents.

Fredericton

Their team is probably the most well-balanced team if most of their players come back. Offense needs improvement but a full healthy season from Thompkins and last year's returning 98 Leblanc should help. Their defence takes a huge blow losing Deschenes but Paul and Astle should be back unless they go to Jr A to play less minutes. Goalies weren't very strong last year but Meadows who played for U16 NB last year might improve that. I'd expect this team to be very defensively minded.

Moncton

Moncton is the team that could really struggle this year. Bradley, S.Leblanc, Richard, Poirier, Myers, and Collette are all gone leaving a huge hole to fill. The story keeps changing on Jacob whether he's with the Wilcats or injured until November so that's another hole. Basically every position on the team needs a bunch of replacements and I don't think they will get the same calibre of players as last year to make them a top team.

Miramichi

They have most of their offensive line returning this year and 98's Plourde and Kenny won't be underagers this year so I'd expect their top 2 lines to be full of fire power. Defense has a few holes to fill and is their weak point at the moment. 98 Lurette will be with the team full time this year and should help them on defense. Heard Elijah Francis attended camp but that he's returning to Notre Dame. They will probably return the best goalie in the league this year with Vautour as well. They don't seem to have many ??? on players returning so they might be the most improved and surprise with a high standings finish.

Cornwall

A lot of players that can return so they should be at the top of the league this season. Losing Bridges will be their most significant loss. I expect to see a lot of their 97's to improve from last season's deep run.

Charlottetown

A lot of key players are gone from last year so they will fall in the standings. The offensive load will need to be carried by Larter and I'm wondering if he can do it without MacDonald, Gallant, or Gaudet beside him.

Laundry will not be back to Mirimichi if not in St John Woodstock

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2013, 08:22 PM
PorkChopSandwiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
I found I was disappointed

I'll give the kids some slack because it was the first game of the preseason for CB and maybe the 2nd for CB West.

Best description for it, it looked like a high school hockey game without the fans energy to make it exciting lol. Sloppy hockey all over the ice - aimless passes, fear of body contact, weak turnovers.

After a few shifts I figured I'd just focus on Balmas. He was doing a lot of floating around. You could tell he knew where he was supposed to be defensively because he would get into position.... eventually. They scored a goal off one of his lazy backchecks. Offensively, he wasn't getting himself to the net as often as he was at the AllState All-Canadian game and really the 1 shift he did they eventually knocked one home. He had a couple different linemates but the one he was playing with the most was a former teammate in Major Bantam who played high school hockey last year, Tristan Nordine. They were communicating pretty well on the bench and seemed to know where each other were on the ice more often than not. They had a number of other wingers play with them. He definitely needs to get a lot stronger - he can survive in major midget right now but I want to see him excel going forward. It was their first game so again, I'll give him a mulligan on this one.

Logan Cooke came in for the third and looked pretty good. I'm not big on judging goalies but he looked like he took a lot of positives from his time at Charlottetowns camp. I didn't see the goal against because he came in for the third and I left before it ended but he looks like he could be poised for a real good season.

I didn't pay much attention to the CB west side at all. I didn't have a list of names in front of me and knew I wouldn't recognize any of them quickly. #24 was the only one who stood out with a few simple plays that looked spectacular in such a sloppy game but I didn't bother finding his name, I'll see plenty of them this season.

Edit: Apparently the Balmas line scored the first goal of the game and he was in on it. I missed some of the first period due to a detour
Thanks for the update, it will be interesting to see where he fits into the team and if he can continue to develop at the pace he was before. Cant read a lot into pre-season hockey in any league.

Old
09-01-2013, 08:23 PM
PorkChopSandwiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold1 View Post

Saint John

Fredericton

Moncton

Miramichi

They have most of their offensive line returning this year and 98's Plourde and Kenny won't be underagers this year so I'd expect their top 2 lines to be full of fire power. Defense has a few holes to fill and is their weak point at the moment. 98 Lurette will be with the team full time this year and should help them on defense. Heard Elijah Francis attended camp but that he's returning to Notre Dame. They will probably return the best goalie in the league this year with Vautour as well. They don't seem to have many ??? on players returning so they might be the most improved and surprise with a high standings finish.

Cornwall

Charlottetown

Thanks for this, this is a great start for the season. Cheers

Old
09-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Thanks for the update, it will be interesting to see where he fits into the team and if he can continue to develop at the pace he was before. Cant read a lot into pre-season hockey in any league.
Exactly. Not to mention it was at that small rink in Sydney River. All but 1 kid looked big and fast on that small ice surface, funny thing is when I've been in that area and they play where the Eagles play they all look like small slow skating children

Felt good being back in a rink lol long summer

Old
09-16-2013, 08:41 AM
PorkChopSandwiches

Quote:
NSMMHL - A preview of this upcoming season, team by team.

Teams are still picking their final roster, but i wrote this up based on my observations last year watching in Midget and Bantam.

Halifax

A New Coach and an old sponsor return to the 'Macs' this season. Halifax's season may be very strong and possibly contend for the Atlantic Championship, but they will need some of their returning players back from Jr camp to accomplish this. Drakkar draftee Campbell Pickard will not be returning this season as he will split time between Jr A and the Drakkar. His younger brother Riley will be one of the goalies and it appears that the senior spot may go to Justin Ritcie who played on the Valley Wildcats championship team last year.

Q Draft potentials: Hickey, Nauss, Datchysyn, R Pickard

Dartmouth

A new sponsor and rebranded as the Newbridge Academy Gladiators, Dartmouth appears to be rebuilding with lots of young talent from the Bantam AAA ranks. They may end up with a young team but it wont be devoid of talent, including both Green brothers and All-State selected goalie Fitzpatrick. Look for high tempo hockey and leadership if Senior players Bannister, Hamer, A. Macdonald all stick around in Midget.

Q Draft potentials: L Green, M Green, E Fitzpatrick, J Hamer

Cole Harbour

The Wolfpack are relatively unchanged from last year and their struggles may continue. This year they did pick up some offensive players from Bantam in Peveril and Berrigan and they may add the spark to set them on the right path. There are some player movement possiblities in Metro and its possible that a strong player or two may move from other Metro teams back to CH and that would make a big difference.

Q Draft potentials: C Peveril, M Berrigan, Grametbauer

South Shore

The Mustangs will probably be the leagues most improved team this year. If you take queues from their bantam teams success from 2 years ago and who was there, it basically the same look. Getson will be a prominent factor as will Colby Muise between the pipes. If vets A. Nauss and J. Messenger return it will make this team very competitive for the championship

Q Draft potentials: K Getson, Goreham, Q Johnson, C Muise

Valley

A lot the senior players are off to Jr from last years provincial and Atlantic championship, so this leaves a bit of a void in this team to fill. It is unclear who will return but if they all end up staying then it may be tough for them to compete.

Q Draft potentials: Makail Parker

Pictou

The Crushers have a large core of returning players and although last season they struggled at times, they remained competitive and i expect that it will only be better for them this season. It could be season of huge numbers for Lane Cormier if he ends up back in midget.

Q Draft potentials: N Archibald, M Sartoris

Cape Breton West Islanders

A little bit of an unknown here as jr drafted Bradley Kennedy and Colby Tower are unlikely to return to Midget. With Blade Mann-Dixon moving to Jr A as well, it appears there will be a full change of goaltending as well.

Q Draft potentials: M Kennedy

Cape Breton Tradesmen

With Balmas at tryouts it would be great to see him get into the lineup and start making things happen right away. I dont have a great feel for the retuning 96-born players so I am unsure if they will be able to help elevate this team in the standings.

Q Draft potentials: Balmas, D Morely, L Trickett
Correction here now that rosters are officially posted, Trickett plays for Cape Breton West.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Correction here now that rosters are officially posted, Trickett plays for Cape Breton West.
Ye Baddeck kids will play for Breton Cougars (NSMBHL) and move to CBW when they get to Midget. North Sydney is closer to them than Antigonish but they're closer to Port Hood than North Sydney