HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Eskimos and CFL 2013 season thread Part 3: Eskies 3-9, I ain't even mad now

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Stoneman89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Deer Rebel View Post
On a Saskatchewan radio show, Tom Higgins did state that the review officials completely messed up the call, that the fumble should have been overturned, and the ball given back to the Eskimos.

So, there is some accountability there.

What is more embarrassing is a website like riderfans.com, where the large majority don't know the rules, thinks this was a clean play, and is starting a collection to pay off Weldon Brown's fine.

Riderfans.com is the calgarypuck of football ...
Well that's very nice of Tom Higgins to say those things on a Saskatchewan radio show listened by a select number of people. What he should have done is had an official statement of the same sent out by the league, so everyone across the country can have this knowledge, not just local radio station listeners.

Old
08-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Six in O6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Freaking hilarious. The league fines Weldon Brown for an illegal hit to the head of Mike Reilly, but there is no penalty during the game. Go figure. Take a bow, you clowns.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/C.../21085576.html
Yeah. This doesn't make me happy one bit and I'm surprised no major sports outlet reported on it. I didn't see anything...

Good to know that when the game is on the line, the refs are out to lunch.

Old
08-30-2013, 03:20 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
Didn't Chris Williams hold out because he wants to go to the NFL? One would think he'd sign somewhere over there rather than with another team in the CFL, assuming he had reason to believe there was interest from the NFL.
I think the problem now is who exactly is going to sign him in the NFL? I'd think teams would've wanted him for pre-season.

Old
08-30-2013, 03:21 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Well that's very nice of Tom Higgins to say those things on a Saskatchewan radio show listened by a select number of people. What he should have done is had an official statement of the same sent out by the league, so everyone across the country can have this knowledge, not just local radio station listeners.
Wow, you really have some issues.

Old
08-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Wow, you really have some issues.
And what would those be, Mr. Freud?

Old
08-30-2013, 03:35 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
And what would those be, Mr. Freud?
Really, what the hell do you want? Officials are dealt with internally, it's just how things are. Why people can't understand this I'll never figure out.

Old
08-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Really, what the hell do you want? Officials are dealt with internally, it's just how things are. Why people can't understand this I'll never figure out.
I think you might have some issues yourself, little man. I am well aware the officials are dealt with internally. It doesn't mean the officiating is up to par or that they can never admit a mistake was made to the general public. The general paying public I might add, in a league that is gate driven for the most part. Last I looked, this was a forum where we can all comment, praise or rant on whatever we like. Not sure what your problem with any of that is. If you don't agree, fine. But I think the rest of us can discuss it if we like.

Last edited by Stoneman89: 08-30-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old
08-30-2013, 05:03 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

41K people went to the game. Some of them wouldn't have appreciated the non call.

Does the league not have any responsibility to explain such a ruling to the fans either in attendance or on TV. The NHL does this (albeit not very well) so its time for the CFL to dig deep, eat some humble pie and apologize to the fans, the team, and everybody impacted and endeavor to do better and look for changes in procedure to do better.

The whole trouble with bad officiating is it leaves the hollow ring that what the teams do on the field, and how well they prepare, doesn't matter. That often, an arbitrary decision or non decision will effect the outcome.

The Eskimos got jobbed, absolutely and the Riders who sure don't need it have been laughing all the way to win column.

Finally, the Esks have been jobbed several times this year. Maybe some awareness of that as well could be good..

Failing to do this only serves that the league is a complete joke and none of us should bother caring about it.

Old
08-30-2013, 05:36 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
Maybe the CFL did us a favour by averting some false hope on this lost season.

That's the way I'm looking at it.

Old
08-30-2013, 06:42 PM
BleedingOil

i have a pair of tickets for the labour day game if anyones interested 58$ face value looking for just 110

Old
08-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Chooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
When did they do that? Because before the game on Saturday both Chris Schultz and Matt Dunigan were adamant that Kavis Reed is a terrific coach and that he doesn't deserve the criticism that he's been getting. Only Milt Stegall seemed to imply that Kavis should be in the hot seat.
No idea why Milton Stegall doesn't get away from those clowns at the panel and work for a team like he should. I guess the panel does need somebody that has common sense. I mean really for example, Schultz actually believes teams go through a rebuilding process in this league.

Old
08-30-2013, 10:50 PM
tempest2i
Feral

I'm exciting for the labour day game. The game is always fun. The Esks are due for an unexpected win.

Old
08-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Because people, you know, fans, expect and demand better. Nothing wrong with that. There is something wrong with you judging others just because they have expectations.

Old
08-31-2013, 12:50 PM
joestevens29

Dave Campbell ‏@Dave_CHED 5m
Looks like the Titans have released DT Stephan Charles according to the Twitter feed of Titans beat writer Jim Wyatt. #Eskimos #CFL

Old
08-31-2013, 03:04 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Looks like the Titans have released DT Stephan Charles according to the Twitter feed of Titans beat writer Jim Wyatt. #Eskimos #CFL
Awesome. Um, I mean sorry to hear that.

The guy is a beast, with NFL size. He told the Esks in his interview that he plays the game angry. He should have gone in the first round but teams were a little scared off by his NFL aspirations.

Now Pasztor maybe?

Old
08-31-2013, 03:21 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Awesome. Um, I mean sorry to hear that.

The guy is a beast, with NFL size. He told the Esks in his interview that he plays the game angry. He should have gone in the first round but teams were a little scared off by his NFL aspirations.

Now Pasztor maybe?
Keep in mind with the new CBA this doesn't mean he has to come to the CFL anytime soon.

Old
08-31-2013, 05:37 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Keep in mind with the new CBA this doesn't mean he has to come to the CFL anytime soon.
Yeah, but I'm hoping.

Pasztor has made the team.

Old
09-01-2013, 05:13 PM
aleshemsky83

Quote:
I think you might have some issues yourself, little man. I am well aware the officials are dealt with internally. It doesn't mean the officiating is up to par or that they can never admit a mistake was made to the general public. The general paying public I might add, in a league that is gate driven for the most part. Last I looked, this was a forum where we can all comment, praise or rant on whatever we like. Not sure what your problem with any of that is. If you don't agree, fine. But I think the rest of us can discuss it if we like.
Yup, the NBA, NFL, and NHL all release statements on blown calls, CFL needs to do the same.
Quote:
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports 5h

DT Stefan Charles also plans to sign with the #Titans practice squad

Old
09-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

So according to Calgary sports fans the Eskimos don't even count as a "rival" for the Stampeders anymore. ... In an eight team league. "They're too bad. They haven't been competitive for a long time." RE: Comments in today's SUN sports page.

Now while there's some truth to these comments I still find their arrogance (and blissful ignorance) mind-numbing. One of the Calgary fans spat, "City of Champions? City of dysfunctional sports organizations."

1) For the millionth time, the "City of Champions" moniker is a testament to the city picking itself up after the '87 tornado. After this summer's floods they should appreciate a moniker like that.

And 2) The Flames are poised to be awful for a while and Jay Feaster has done a horrible job as GM. A job that has rivaled Lowe's dissection of the Oilers. Wake up Calgary.

EDIT: Just getting into the Battle of Alberta spirit. If Cowgary fans won't then I will in full force.

Old
09-01-2013, 05:54 PM
MoneyGuy

That big Rider pass was very close to being over the !ine of scrimmage.

Old
09-01-2013, 06:21 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
Beating Calgary at least once would make this season infinitely more tolerable. But we'll get close and lose by <4 points.

Old
09-01-2013, 09:28 PM
AJGass4

I hate nothing more than losing to Calgary in any sport. If I'm the GM, I post that little snippet from the Sun in the dressing room and challenge these guys.

I hope our boy Reilly walks away from this one with all his faculties.

Old
09-02-2013, 08:03 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

I am amused by how many sports radio talking heads still mention the Eskies and the Playoffs in the same sentence

Old
09-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Gord
Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
I am amused by how many sports radio talking heads still mention the Eskies and the Playoffs in the same sentence
seriously, they do? at least the print guys are finally seeing reality.
montreal is bad this year, but the esks are still 3 games behind them.
While Reilly has been really good, the esks defense hasn't yet shown the can stop anything.
and reed has proven so far he is not a coach that is good when the game is on the line and the pressure is dialed up. he is not a crunch time coach.

Old
09-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Gord
Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGass4 View Post
I hate nothing more than losing to Calgary in any sport. If I'm the GM, I post that little snippet from the Sun in the dressing room and challenge these guys.
yeah. maybe it will inspire the defense to play only 5 yards off the receiver instead of 10 or more.
last game was the upset that the esks left on the table. this game I think the esks get stomped. unless the defense surprises us and actually has a good game, this one scares me. I think cornish might get 200 combined yards this game.

i think i'll just keep the game on in the background while I clean the basement. no use dedicating time to just watch the game.

Closed Thread