HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Eskimos and CFL 2013 season thread Part 3: Eskies 3-9, I ain't even mad now

Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Beerfish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Really, what the hell do you want? Officials are dealt with internally, it's just how things are. Why people can't understand this I'll never figure out.
Becasue EVERYONE else is publibally flogged in pro sports except the refs.

Why are player fines not handled 'internally'?

It's this kind of ******** lack of accountabilyt that gets you the type of reffing we ahve had the last few years in hockey and football. Horrible excuse laden comments from the directors of officiating in leagues and totally soft pedalling game changing errors.

People realize that mistakes are made in reffing they just want someone to acknowledge the errors and say 'we goofed'. That almost never happens.

Old
09-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Eskimos org nonsense directly from the horses mouth:

http://www.esks.com/article/campbell...skimos-moments

Quote:
Fans make their holiday summer plans around the Eskimos schedule – some love to travel to follow the team on the road.
What claptrap. Has any single person here made holiday summer plans around the schedule? Its not even something I think about. Next, who exactly is travelling to see this gongshow? Did the Esks even charter fan buses to Calgary this weekend like they had in the past? tbh you couldn't pay me enough to embarrass myself pretending to be a fan of this club while walking around Calgary. Really anytime I've been to Calgary lately I prefer to remain hush hush on my city of origin where I still reside.

Quote:
No matter what the record is between the two teams, winning Labour Day means bragging rights. The Eskimos, back in 2003, finished the regular season with a 13-5 record and won the Grey Cup. They lost on Labour Day, however, 28-23 to the Stampeders who finished 5-13 that season. Calgary won bragging rights because they won the biggest regular season game on the schedule
No, the record matters, and I don't care much about a 1-7 club and certainly won't be bragging regardless of the result today. More that I make sure all Eskimos gear is tucked safely in the closet where it won't see the light of the sun for awhile..

Quote:
Sept 6, 1999: Eskimos 33, Stampeders 30 (OT)
One of the worst seasons in Eskimos history, they finished with a 6-12 record.
Well, don't look now, terrible record promising to get worse. I feel like the org is trolling the fanbase with nonsense like the above. Or completely ignorant to how much the wheels have fallen off and that "Eskimos pride" simply doesn't exist either on the field or in the stands. They've taken that motto, gone out back, and shot it. Put it out of its misery.

Can't remember exactly when the shift occurred, or how many times. Maybe it was the Vanilla Ice concert. Nob bad enough to troll the home fans for 60mins. Punish them at halftime too.

Last edited by Replacement: 09-02-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old
09-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Tyrolean

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
I'm exciting for the labour day game. The game is always fun. The Esks are due for an unexpected win.
Not excited at all for the game.

Old
09-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolean View Post
Not excited at all for the game.
i'll be even more pissed if Reilly has another strong game, the esks get about 30 points and the coaching and defense let the team down again.

another reason Reed and Marshall are bad coaches. look at the play of the defense. it's obviously clear what the issues are and they seem to just do nothing and hope the problem fixes itself.
it's pathetic that 7 games into the year we were told the players are practicing the fundamentals. shouldn't they have the basics of football down by now, and not be working on them this late in the season? what does Marshall spend his time doing? it sure isn't coming up with an improved game plan.
what does Reed do? is he spending his time trying to decide what his concequences are going to be? I sure haven't seen any yet, not for bad play or bad coaching.

Old
09-02-2013, 12:03 PM
MoneyGuy

This is the 10th anniversary of the Hervey helmet-tossing incident in Calgary. Not the same date, but it was in the 2003 Labour Day game. I hope the team shows the same kind of fire today.

Old
09-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
This is the 10th anniversary of the Hervey helmet-tossing incident in Calgary. Not the same date, but it was in the 2003 Labour Day game. I hope the team shows the same kind of fire today.
lol

Esks lost that game..

28-22

Additionally, keeping it real, the Stamps have won a dozen of the last 15 games played between the clubs. A dominance by Calgary that had never been seen before in the BOA.

Last edited by Replacement: 09-02-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old
09-02-2013, 01:18 PM
abootzky

Quote:
Sept 6, 1999: Eskimos 33, Stampeders 30 (OT)
The Stampeders drove down to the Eskimos one-yard line but the green and gold defence would stuff QB Dave Dickenson and the Stamps on third-and-goal securing the win and a massive upset.
My memory of the game-ending play? Listening to the game on my car radio where ancient pbp guy Bryan Hall (10 years before he retired from calling games) got so confused that he never did say whether Calgary had scored or not. I had to phone my brother when I got home to find out the Esks won.

Enough amusing nostalgia. Resume trashing the current sad-sack edition of the EE...

Old
09-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Copperhead

Given how bad the offense is this season I wonder how people feel about the defense? 235 points allowed was 6th coming into this weekend I believe. Obviously not great but I'm sure they're spending a lot more time on the field than Hamilton's D for example.

Old
09-02-2013, 04:41 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
Given how bad the offense is this season I wonder how people feel about the defense? 235 points allowed was 6th coming into this weekend I believe. Obviously not great but I'm sure they're spending a lot more time on the field than Hamilton's D for example.
Most people have been complaining more about the defense this season than the offense.

You score 30 points in a football game and you SHOULD win.

Old
09-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
The offence has been fine. Hasn't been the problem.

Old
09-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Kyle McMahon

<mod edit>

That's all I got. First time I ever remember this team being eliminated from the playoffs heading into Labour Day.

Last edited by s7ark: 09-02-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Can't wish injury on players.
Old
09-02-2013, 05:14 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

That didn't look like PI to me. Brutal call. He jumped for the ball. Refs gift the Stamps a TD

Old
09-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Copperhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Most people have been complaining more about the defense this season than the offense.

You score 30 points in a football game and you SHOULD win.
Well the BC Lions have scored over 30 twice this season and lost both. Meanwhile the Esks are 1-1 when scoring 30+.

I wish I could find stats for time on field for offense/defense but it seems to me that it's the offense that is sinking this ship. Reilly has been poor IMO (8 INT, 6th best rating) and the running game is 5th and not getting used very much to my eyes.

Old
Spawn

Down 7 off first possession. Seems legit.

Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

That was a completely inexcusable, pathetic call by the officials. AGAIN.

Old
09-02-2013, 05:16 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
That was a completely inexcusable, pathetic call by the officials. AGAIN.
I don't even have to watch the games anymore, they're so predictable, right down to the terrible officiating.

Old
09-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Kyle McMahon

The defense in prevent, and a horrible call that gives Calgary a free TD. I think I've seen this movie before.

Old
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
That didn't look like PI to me. Brutal call. He jumped for the ball. Refs gift the Stamps a TD
that is the high quality CFL reffing coming to the forefront yet again... absolutely TERRIBLE call, stunningly bad penalty to call.... i'd like to say that i am surprised, but of course i'm not.... one of the reasons i don't take the CFL too seriously is because of how unbelievably bad the reffing is.... there are at least 3-4 calls this bad each and every game, and you just don't see that in the NCAA or the NFL

Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
The official assumed that he was pulled down while in reality he just fell backwards. Awful.

Old
09-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
that is the high quality CFL reffing coming to the forefront yet again... absolutely TERRIBLE call, stunningly bad penalty to call.... i'd like to say that i am surprised, but of course i'm not.... one of the reasons i don't take the CFL too seriously is because of how unbelievably bad the reffing is.... there are at least 3-4 calls this bad each and every game, and you just don't see that in the NCAA or the NFL
They're bad but it really seems like they go out of their way to target the Edmonton's and the Winnipeg's.

Old
09-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Del Preston
Kevin Lowe

"No yards" is one of the stupidest penalties in sports.

Old
09-02-2013, 05:21 PM
jadeddog

haha, this game is over before it began.... 6 minutes into the game and we're already out of it... oh well, at least this is the last labour game i'll have to see reed as he head coach

Old
09-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Kyle McMahon

5 penalties before half the fans are even in their seats. How are those consequences coming along?

Old
09-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Del Preston
Kevin Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
5 penalties before half the fans are even in their seats. How are those consequences coming along?
*wipes mouth with towel*

Old
09-02-2013, 05:23 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
They're bad but it really seems like they go out of their way to target the Edmonton's and the Winnipeg's.
Good teams get the breaks.
The Eskimos (and Bombers) haven't really got a break all season...thats not a coincidence.

Expect more of the same. This game should be over by half time. The Esks are garbage compared to the Stamps.

The only saving grace for the Esks are all the injuries on offence for the Stamps. That might help them to keep the game close.

Closed Thread