HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Kovalchuk: Would you accept him back?

Closed Thread

Old
09-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balance View Post
I get that some people here aren't serious at all and try to post thing to be funny or create a reaction, but there was people here that read here because they are serious about the actual game itself.

I'm one of those people, and I don't adjust my opinions because of emotional reactions to players or coaches. I see it how it is, and only write a serious truth no matter who it attacks or promotes. I think people, who want to discuss hockey, want the truth about it? Kind of makes sense.

If someone in a few years is reading this (or reading this now) and reads the thing that some people post about years back, they would seriously believe in something that is unbelievably stupid. I think I do the right thing in not only writing what is true, but giving reasons back with facts and statistics. Thus, anyone could read what I write and understand the simple truth. That's at least what I do when I read things, I want to know why that is and to give me every single point. What separates me and others that aren't wrong is that those people post things with no evidence whatsoever to back anything up. You can give me the greatest and most true thing in the world, but at least back it up. You know why you don't see that though? It's because it's easy to back up the truth with good points.
Congrats. Do you want a medal or something for being King of the Internet?

Old
09-01-2013, 04:07 PM
sbresistor

you get a Brick in the plaza for being king

Old
09-01-2013, 08:20 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Another revision of history again. Let me explain to you what actually did happen:

Before the season, the 2010-2011 season was touted by people as the season where the Devils were a huge force in the league. Prior to that season I've never seen a time where a ton of newspapers/blogs were writing about the might of the Devils before then. There was 2 reasons behind it: The Devils were seen as a contender with the Kovalchuk trade but when they were eliminated by the Flyers it slowed down a bit even though the Flyers did make it to the SCF. However, the acquisition of Arnott created a great buzz because it stabilized a great 1st/2nd line for the Devils since the center position was always a problem. The resigning of Kovalchuk solidified it and the Devils were being ranked everywhere to easily be a cup contender and having the strongest lineup in years. This was true because in terms of the lineup the Devils had the strongest offense they had in a while. It was even to the point that Brodeur called it the best line up and when they had that initial bad start within the 1st 5 games he said it was time for "the machine to get going".

The best lineup in years somehow created one of the worst starts for a team in NHL history. How was that possible? The team only gained and did not lose anyone vital and with Lemaire as coach won the division title. The answer was simple: John Maclean. If you actually watched the games, you saw that Maclean employed no system. Every team in the entire league has a fundamental system and Maclean looked like a high school hockey coach out there. The team absolutely fell apart and had the worst beginning ever. This, coupled in with Maclean having no respect to his fundamental players (Scratching Kovalchuk), literally turned the locker room apart and had Langenbrunner traded to Dallas.

Somehow, Lemaire returned and the Devils not only stopped playing that bad but did a total 360! The team somehow won at a rate that they never won before, and the question was how is this possible? The Devils lost not only Parise due to injury, but they lost Langenbrunner to and it looked literally impossible that the team would have the ambition to play because a playoff spot was virtually impossible to get. Yet somehow, and someway the team put on the best record they ever had in a huge span of games and were 5 pts away from a playoff spot.

This was simple: The lineup was really good, and Lemaire gave them a system to win with. Miraculously, Kovalchuk scored more under a defensive system with Lemaire then he did with Maclean. So why do you not include the Maclean era? Simple: the guy was completely incompetent as a head coach. He took a really stacked team, and made them absolutely awful. Lemaire caused the team to show how good it was and Deboer did the exact same thing by sending them to the SCF.

If your calling the Devils team that put on the best record in their history in the 2nd half and the one that later went to the SCF the next year a bunch of scrubs, then you sir are not only rewriting history but embarrassing it too.
I've noticed on this site when someone has no argument a long winded post that distracts from the original question usually follows....

So why again couldn't a 29 year old Kovalchuk out score a 36 year old Elias who played less minutes this season....

And why couldn't he outscore Elias in the 2010-11 season? Elias didn't play under MacLean?

Old
09-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Jossipov
Patty's Better

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
I've noticed on this site when someone has no argument a long winded post that distracts from the original question usually follows....

So why again couldn't a 29 year old Kovalchuk out score a 36 year old Elias who played less minutes this season or the 2010-11 season?
Simple answer: because Elias is a professional with his head in the game, Kovy is a very gifted hockey player who's also a flake and was busy day dreaming about having BBQs with Putin.

Old
09-01-2013, 10:18 PM
devilsblood

If I had a hand in the decision I'd say go eff youself Kovy. And I imagine that is the Devils take on it as well.

But if the powers that be were to bring him back, I'd root for him. That's the way this fandom thing works.

Old
09-01-2013, 10:21 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict Parisechuk View Post
Congrats. Do you want a medal or something for being King of the Internet?
I think "Balance" was practicing his Data Entry skills with all those words in a row he typed.

Maybe he has a job interview soon?

Anyway, to get back on-topic here :

I would NEVER accept Kovy back but if the Organization does, I will root for the Sweater but never the Traitor.

Old
09-02-2013, 08:53 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

no, as much as I love the guy. probably best to just move on

Old
09-02-2013, 09:40 AM
njdevils2012

No .

Old
09-02-2013, 10:30 AM
Captain Lou

Send a message via AIM to Captain Lou
I would like to make the suggestion that there be no more discussion of 17 once training camp begins. We can argue until the end of time about the 3 years he spent here, all while accomplishing nothing.

He represents the past. Time to move on.

Old
09-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Mogwai211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Lou View Post
I would like to make the suggestion that there be no more discussion of 17 once training camp begins. We can argue until the end of time about the 3 years he spent here, all while accomplishing nothing.

Any chance we can add Parise to the list? Less than a week ago I saw a column on NJ.com focusing on Parise's take on the Kovy fiasco...made me want to barf, just keep beating that horse ad nauseum.

Old
09-02-2013, 11:05 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Were I a GM, I would not take him back, but I would flip him like a house.

Old
09-02-2013, 11:16 AM
NC107*

Quote:

I can support this suggestion.

Old
09-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Jossipov
Patty's Better

vCash: 50
Quote:

I wouldnt say nothing.
2012 was a good year, and they got a Prince of Wales Trophy with the added bonus of eliminating the Rangers in their "this is our season" season....Kovy was a part of that (not the only part by a long shot of course).
It's not a cup, but still its something.

Old
09-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Captain Lou

Send a message via AIM to Captain Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jossipov View Post
I wouldnt say nothing.
2012 was a good year, and they got a Prince of Wales Trophy with the added bonus of eliminating the Rangers in their "this is our season" season....Kovy was a part of that (not the only part by a long shot of course).
That's not what I meant. I meant the argument accomplished nothing. And it never will. I feel it's just time to agree to disagree about his tenure here and get ready for the season.

Old
09-02-2013, 06:14 PM
JimEIV

Quote:

I unequivocally agree.

Old
09-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Would I want him back after 4 years, yes.

Would I rather see him play for another team, no way, especially after all we went thru to keep him.

However, personally I hope he is banned from the NHL due to his stunt. If he retired due to injury or some other serious reason, then it would be OK, but retiring to play for a rival league is no bueno.

Hope NHL bans him for his stunt.

Old
09-03-2013, 01:30 PM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheloveof666 View Post
Jesus christ, long-winded whining whilst putting yourself on a pedestal? Get the **** over yourself dude. And stop taking the internet so seriously.

In the grandest of schemes, if YOUR opinion - above all others - is so invaluable and important, you wouldn't be posting it for free, ad lib, on a ****ing hockey forum. I can only imagine how many times you slammed your fist on the keyboard with indignity because to you, the greatest point/truth sayer in internet history, didn't get taken seriously enough to satiate your clearly suffering ego.

Roll up that inferiority complex of yours and stuff it in your bleeding vagina and maybe you'll feel better.

PS- **** the Po-lice!
I will say that the first step to finding love out in the cruel world is to first learn to truly love yourself.

So, it appears this Balance guy is right on track.

(And must own a large number of mirrors and/or self portraits.)

Old
09-03-2013, 01:32 PM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Quote:

Good luck with that.

Old
09-03-2013, 01:35 PM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jossipov View Post
I wouldnt say nothing.
A whole lot of something. And when Jim is being honest, not ornery, even he has to admit how wonderful that something was.

Old
09-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Richer's Ghost
You are reading this

vCash: 425
Quote:
I get that some people here aren't serious at all and try to post thing to be funny or create a reaction, but there was people here that read here because they are serious about the actual game itself.

I'm one of those people, and I don't adjust my opinions because of emotional reactions to players or coaches. I see it how it is, and only write a serious truth no matter who it attacks or promotes. I think people, who want to discuss hockey, want the truth about it? Kind of makes sense.
perception is reality - it's your perception and your reality. You can call it as you see it. It may be your truth, that doesn't make it absolute or correct. Opinions and wipeholes and all that jazz.

People who want to talk hockey also usually don't want to bother with folks with absolute opinions because they'll never admit they were wrong, or be open to a real discussion, but rather just bucking for a debate and a position they'll never move on.

Speaking of moving on...

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
09-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Anybody gonna watch Kovy in SKA's season opener on Friday?

Old
09-03-2013, 02:17 PM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

"Wipehole" for the word substitution win.

Old
09-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogwai211 View Post
Any chance we can add Parise to the list? Less than a week ago I saw a column on NJ.com focusing on Parise's take on the Kovy fiasco...made me want to barf, just keep beating that horse ad nauseum.
I wish on both accounts. I also wondered the same thing when I saw similar articles. I've moved on and am looking forward to players playing here.

Old
09-03-2013, 02:19 PM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
I wish on both accounts. I also wondered the same thing when I saw similar articles. I've moved on and am looking forward to players playing here.
I try to never type the name or nickname of either player in any of my posts.

Only interested in the players who want to be here.

Old
09-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Richer's Ghost
You are reading this

vCash: 425
I try to capture the spirit of the thing...

And I'm all for looking forward rather than kicking dirt at the past but something about lest we forget our history, we are doomed to repeat it also carries a little weight too. Maybe we should just revisit the 17 soap opera once a year - specifically the draft part of the year since that's going to be the next Tommy Boy gas-up moment for David Spade's car. The $3M in penalties is more of an M&M's rolling into the defrost vents for me.

Closed Thread