HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Rookie camp roster (September 5-9)

Closed Thread

Old
09-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I know now not to take you seriously, I never really did anyways as the resident homer that sees everything through rose-colored glasses. Under no definition is Chara soft.
He played like a lamb against Toronto. They hit him every chance they got and they nearly upset Boston(would have barring a huge 3rd period collapse).

Old
09-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
PK can skate, can't he? Muscle is denser than fat.
Hockey is still largely dominated by skill , speed and quickness. If you start getting too thick and muscle bound , then you become a lesser player not a better one.

Tinordi in order to maintain his very good mobility for his size, can't fill out to 275-280lbs to be built like Subban because that body type probably wouldn't work for him.

Other than Byfuglien, most tall players don't get over 245-250lbs, and Byfuglien would be a better player if he lost 30lbs. Scott is probably the 2nd biggest NHL guy but he's like 6'9" or 6'10" and not very fast/agile.

Old
09-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
McCarron weight is crazy. It's hard to believe he isn't fat one way or the other. 18 years old kids with this kind weight are very, very rare. If he ends up making the NHL he'll be one of the biggest player around.
Alexis Pepin of the Charlottetown Islanders is a 17 yo 6ft2 adn 238 lbs 2014 NHL prospect loll

http://charlottetownislanders.com/roster/show/id/10175

Old
09-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
He played like a lamb against Toronto. They hit him every chance they got and they nearly upset Boston(would have barring a huge 3rd period collapse).
Poor play =/= Soft

Then again the Habs did play poorly in the playoffs so you might be on to something.

Old
09-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Et le But

Chara was a liability against Toronto because Toronto has fast forwards. I'm not sure Kessel skating circles around him as anything to do with how many times he was hit. The fact that he didn't retaliate against anyone maybe, but Chara picks his spots to begin with. The only two players even on the Habs he tries to fight back against recently were Pacioretty and Emelin after all.

It's the same reason that that Habs have humiliated Chara quite a few times. Chara can't keep up with "soft" forwards like Kessel and Plekanec.

Old
09-03-2013, 10:07 AM
EveryDay

Par ailleurs, Bergevin a discuté de l’état de santé de plusieurs joueurs. Le capitaine Brian Gionta devrait être prêt pour amorcer la campagne ou il ratera seulement une courte période, Lars Eller se sent très bien et George Parros ne devrait pas manquer beaucoup d’action se remettant d’une opération

Parros could miss the start of the season but Gionta might be ready for the opening game!!!!

Old
09-03-2013, 10:30 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Par ailleurs, Bergevin a discuté de l’état de santé de plusieurs joueurs. Le capitaine Brian Gionta devrait être prêt pour amorcer la campagne ou il ratera seulement une courte période, Lars Eller se sent très bien et George Parros ne devrait pas manquer beaucoup d’action se remettant d’une opération

Parros could miss the start of the season but Gionta might be ready for the opening game!!!!
Am I supposed to be excited about Gionta playing?

Old
09-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Habs

Quote:
Chara takes the body from time to time, but he isn't going all out physical like Murray Schenn Fraser Methot, guys that always finishes their hit. Chara will sometimes dfo it but it's not natural, almost like Julien kicks his ass to be meaner and it quickly wears off.
So if Emelin hits someone, he's a 'monster'. Chara hits someone, it isn't natural. Great stuff here, great logic as well. You have taken homerism to a new level here.

Old
09-03-2013, 10:33 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Considering who else it knocks down the lineup? Yes. Very much so.

Old
09-03-2013, 10:34 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Do you prefer Moen on the 3rd line or Gionta?

Old
09-03-2013, 10:40 AM
OpenIceHit

Quote:
I sincerely don't know.

On the other hand, Gionta will probably be playing on one of the first two lines. I'm so excited!!!

Old
09-03-2013, 10:49 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Moen. At least he just flies stupidly to the net.. I'd much prefer that to Gionta's slap shot from the boards like he's Guy ****ing Lafleur

Old
09-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Let's be honest, GIonta is going to be on the 1st line.

Probably bumps Gallagher to 3rd line and Prust to 4th.

Old
09-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Alexis Pepin of the Charlottetown Islanders is a 17 yo 6ft2 adn 238 lbs 2014 NHL prospect loll

http://charlottetownislanders.com/roster/show/id/10175
Must be on the Dustin Byfuglien diet. 238lbs at 17 on a 6'2" frame is not good.

Old
09-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
So if Emelin hits someone, he's a 'monster'. Chara hits someone, it isn't natural. Great stuff here, great logic as well. You have taken homerism to a new level here.
Emelin goes out of his way to run people over. Chara's idea of being physical is cross checking somebody in front of the net.

Old
09-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Poor play =/= Soft

Then again the Habs did play poorly in the playoffs so you might be on to something.
Orr and others bullied him at every turn and he cowered. He's a typical bully, plays tough against small players and like a chicken against anybody close to his size.

Old
09-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Orr and others bullied him at every turn and he cowered. He's a typical bully, plays tough against small players and like a chicken against anybody close to his size.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????
What ya been smokin' this morning - got any left?

If Chara had fought Orr in the playoffs Julien would have blown a blood vessel. Come on man! Chara's not afraid of anybody given the right circumstances. No way he spends five minutes in the box because of a plug like Orr in the playoffs.

Old
09-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????
What ya been smokin' this morning - got any left?

If Chara had fought Orr in the playoffs Julien would have blown a blood vessel. Come on man! Chara's not afraid of anybody given the right circumstances. No way he spends five minutes in the box because of a plug like Orr in the playoffs.
I'm not suggesting he had to fight Orr, but it clearly affected his game. He's used to trying to be the bully and they turned it on him. His play wasn't very good in that series.

Old
09-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
I'm not suggesting he had to fight Orr, but it clearly affected his game. He's used to trying to be the bully and they turned it on him. His play wasn't very good in that series.
There could be a hundred reasons why he wasn't very good in that series. You are making a huge assumption that Orr was that reason. Chara generally plays worse against us then he does against other teams. It's seems much more reasonable that it's because he struggles against quick forwards.

Old
09-03-2013, 02:40 PM
BBB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Chara was a liability against Toronto because Toronto has fast forwards. I'm not sure Kessel skating circles around him as anything to do with how many times he was hit. The fact that he didn't retaliate against anyone maybe, but Chara picks his spots to begin with. The only two players even on the Habs he tries to fight back against recently were Pacioretty and Emelin after all.

It's the same reason that that Habs have humiliated Chara quite a few times. Chara can't keep up with "soft" forwards like Kessel and Plekanec.

Thanks for the humour of the day, quite the statement.

Old
09-03-2013, 02:55 PM
EveryDay

PRESS RELEASE

MONTREAL – The Montreal Canadiens announced Friday that 40 players will participate in the team’s rookie camp from September 5-9, at the Bell Sports Complex, in Brossard

Can be add to the title!!!

Old
09-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
There could be a hundred reasons why he wasn't very good in that series. You are making a huge assumption that Orr was that reason. Chara generally plays worse against us then he does against other teams. It's seems much more reasonable that it's because he struggles against quick forwards.
Pretty high on the list is probably that he looked like a scared little girl.

Old
09-03-2013, 03:21 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Sorry but I think you are looking to far into this. I found the TOI Head to Head and they are as follows:

Game 1: 1.3 minutes of Orr on the ice against Chara
Game 2: 1.3 minutes
Game 3: 1.4 minutes
Game 4: 2 minutes
Game 5: 0.5 minutes
Game 6: 1.4 minutes
Game 7: 2.3 minutes

Source: http://www.nicetimeonice.com/

I really don't see how a player logging 30+ minutes a game in the playoffs is going to be thrown off his game by a player that barely played against him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
You seem to be on the better track. It's not impossible that Orr bothered Chara, but other factors are indeed more applicable to his apparent "poor play".

Old
09-03-2013, 03:43 PM
onice

Quote:
You've obviously not seen him in a bathing suit or else you'd be muy excitado.

Old
09-03-2013, 03:54 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
I'd reckon if you polled NHL forwards on the most intimidating Dman, Chara would top that list, easily. Thus leaving Murray Fraser and whoever in the dust. Dude can flat out dominate physicaly when it's needed and can switch it off when the situation commands restraint and a focus on defensive structure. A very rare quality.

I might be wrong.
I agree that Chara is tough but he loses his cool quite frequently and costs his team from time to time.

Closed Thread