HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Is Marc Bergevin Done Tinkering?

Old
09-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
You think we'll see Parros around 60-70 games, and we just might. There typically isn't much about the use of 4-5 min/night enforcers - by Therrien or any other coach - that is synonymous with "every day player", though. Do they not often spend time in the press box when they're not spending 55 mins/night on the bench (especially in the playoffs)?
Of course, but that's pretty much what most enforcers are doing and that's probably the plan since they got a guy like Parros and not a Shawn Thornton. Therrien is a coach that likes having them, that doesn't mean he's out of his mind and put a guy like that for 12 minutes a game during 82 games.

Forsead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 05:28 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

When your ' is this rumour legitimite' post gets deleted, chances are it isn't

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
I'd love to see Morrow in the Habs jersey. Despite his age, he's the type of player we've needed for a while.

Big, will fight, can skate, has some skill and plays a gritty game. He also brings a lot of experience.
I think he'd fit on a third line with Bourque-DD-Morrow.

The problem is we're pretty deep and if everyone is healthy then I guess Morrow (Hopefully not one of our young guns) will be playing on the 4th line.

On the other hand depth isnt really a problem... Make it happen MB!
I'd be happy if they could lure him back into the picture too. I just don't see depth being a critical problem *yet* with that 1 more signing. I don't think the odds are too high of having everyone 100% healthy, and then there's Tinordi who can always benefit from being a 25-minute a night guy in Hamilton as much as being one of the 8 guys in Montreal, even if he is technically "ready" to try his hand in the NHL. Everybody will eventually get their time, so if Morrow was willing to sign with us, I'd be happy to have him. Heck, he's a pretty decent risk to get hurt and miss time himself, too. But still a worthy risk to take... at the right price and term. When you have the room.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 02:54 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
When your ' is this rumour legitimite' post gets deleted, chances are it isn't
hahaha, I thought I didn't push enter the first time!

how about spelling 'legitimate' right there, Spider Jerusalem!

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I'd be happy if they could lure him back into the picture too. I just don't see depth being a critical problem *yet* with that 1 more signing. I don't think the odds are too high of having everyone 100% healthy, and then there's Tinordi who can always benefit from being a 25-minute a night guy in Hamilton as much as being one of the 8 guys in Montreal, even if he is technically "ready" to try his hand in the NHL. Everybody will eventually get their time, so if Morrow was willing to sign with us, I'd be happy to have him. Heck, he's a pretty decent risk to get hurt and miss time himself, too. But still a worthy risk to take... at the right price and term. When you have the room.
A one year deal for him would be good. Morrow would actually be a stopgap type move that would help us. No idea what kind of money he's looking for though...

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
A one year deal for him would be good. Morrow would actually be a stopgap type move that would help us. No idea what kind of money he's looking for though...
What are you doing in this thread? It says "tinkering"....not "TANKering"..... I'm so funny!!!!!!

By the way.....I would be fine with Morrow. But clearly for me, there's just no way we acquire him. Especially if the Pens are really in play. And based on the fact that you have to think Bergevin is satisfied with what's in place right now.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 07:27 AM
charlie

vCash: 358
The one year deal offers that are out there for Morrow is probably why he hasn't signed with anyone yet.
I think he wants one final contract somewhere.
Not sure that is what he is going to get though.

charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What are you doing in this thread? It says "tinkering"....not "TANKering"..... I'm so funny!!!!!!

Dude, the TANKing thing is so 2012...
Quote:
By the way.....I would be fine with Morrow. But clearly for me, there's just no way we acquire him. Especially if the Pens are really in play. And based on the fact that you have to think Bergevin is satisfied with what's in place right now.
I doubt we'll get him. How much cap space do we have left anyway?

Old
09-03-2013, 07:45 AM
charlie

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

I doubt we'll get him. How much cap space do we have left anyway?

Capgeek has us having 1.9million

charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
We actually have more than that because that's at 24 players. We can only have 23 active, if we sign Morrow at 3 mil/1 year we'd have to put Emelin on LITR and send Tinordi down, leaving us with around 1.75 mil of cap space.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
I don't think our forward group is changed from when Morrow was in town last time checking us out. And the Pens don't have any cap room. So I don't see either of your points as any obstacle. Bergevin probably is interested, but there are constraints, and Morrow would understandably wish to maximize his $$$/term/playing opportunity, hence no signing with us yet. But we went over much the same territory with Murray, and eventually he landed here. So I'm not giving up any hope on Morrow yet either.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 10:31 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
hahaha, I thought I didn't push enter the first time!

how about spelling 'legitimate' right there, Spider Jerusalem!
Spider Jerusalem has a typo-trait.

Old
09-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
Despite Morrow struggling with the Pens. He looked far more effective than Moen has in the past two years. I'd love to have him slot in for a season and maybe put some pressure on Moen to either play with the intensity he once had or simply not play at all.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 10:38 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Despite Morrow struggling with the Pens. He looked far more effective than Moen has in the past two years. I'd love to have him slot in for a season and maybe put some pressure on Moen to either play with the intensity he once had or simply not play at all.
In the past year, you mean. Moen looked great 2 years ago. And he's still better defensively than Morrow.

Old
09-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
The past TWO years?

Moen had a career year in 11-12 before a concussion derailed his season. Not sure were you get your facts.

Morrow is an offensive player, not a 4th line banger/fighter/PK guy. Moen is better than Morrow at that role, bigger, stronger and tougher. Adding Morrow would ahve no impact on Moen as he'd surely want some kind of guarantee of top 9 ice time to sign here, not 4th line.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
Not a whole lot to do something here without some other kind of move to free up more space.