HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Mikus and other tidbits

Old
11-15-2006, 10:53 AM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Mikus and other tidbits

Has anyone seen Mikus play in the Q ? how does he look ?

also on the fan 590 last week , there was a WHL commentator on a talk show , not sure of his name , who said the Habs " ABSOLUTLEY STOLE MAXWELL AND WHITE " in the last draft , he mentioned Maxwell might be the best player in the WHL right now, he mentioned he has a second gear that few have , and should fit in nicely as a top 2 center in time. He says white is similar to Chipchura in smarts
and plays a good two way game. He said CEPAK has solid potential if he can stay healthy, but he absolutley praised Maxwell , and he should of been a top 10-15
pick in his opinion. way to go Bob

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 11:38 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
Has anyone seen Mikus play in the Q ? how does he look ?

also on the fan 590 last week , there was a WHL commentator on a talk show , not sure of his name , who said the Habs " ABSOLUTLEY STOLE MAXWELL AND WHITE " in the last draft , he mentioned Maxwell might be the best player in the WHL right now, he mentioned he has a second gear that few have , and should fit in nicely as a top 2 center in time. He says white is similar to Chipchura in smarts
and plays a good two way game. He said CEPAK has solid potential if he can stay healthy, but he absolutley praised Maxwell , and he should of been a top 10-15
pick in his opinion. way to go Bob

I have seen Mikus a couple times on webcast, just watched him play last night before catching the Dogs game. Boy do the Sags look bad, their defensive play was brutal but I got to see Alex Grant and Yann Sauve. I didn't get to see his goal last night as I only caught the 1st and some of the 2nd. I'm not overly impressed with him, but he clearly has good offensive skills, moves the puck well, good vision. He's fast but seems to lack strength, can make some nice moves with the puck but I find him to be a bit soft in his own end. He's one prospect that I had hoped to see more of since I only got to see him play once at the U-18's. Hopefully I will get to see Team Slovakia next month, since last year no games were shown on tv.

When the draft happened, I felt White was more of a steal then Maxwell, but thought the staff did a great job coming away with Fischer, Maxwell, Carle and White, so anything after that was just an added bonus. Turns out Maxwell could be the best of the bunch, although at this point I really like Fischer and I am not as big on Maxwell as others. I find him to be a bit soft and he plays on the outside too much. But I haven't had the chance to see him since last year so I can't really say too much about him other then he's off to an outstanding start and that is great news. I got to think Team Canada is playing close attention to him, would rock to see make the team this year. I've seen him at the U-17's and U-18's and he was impressive in both tournaments.

Clearly he's got offensive skills, plus he's got a couple years to work on his game before jumping to Hamilton. Really look forward to seeing what he can do. Was actually thinking of catching tonights game on the webcast but it starts at 9 and the Habs will still be on.

Ryan White is also off to a good start. I heard him say in the HF podcast that the Habs told him to work on his skating, hopefully he can improve his foot speed and mobility, for sure another interesting prospect.

Cepek hopefully can get back to being healthy, he's missed a ton of time since he's been in the dub, playing in something like 80 games in his career of 2+ seasons.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

I'm really hoping Maxwell becomes our number 2 center in the future

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I also thought at one point that White was a bigger steal than Maxwell with everything we've heard about of both. But after I saw them both at the development camp for a full week, I was totally ecstatic about getting Fischer, you just see the great potentiel of this kid. The only thing I thought needed a lot of work was his stickhandling at high speed, a lot of misplays with the puck....But then on some other exercices, he looked way better than most of the guys out there. And the work ethic seems so great with him, always a smile but works really hard too....

As far as Maxwell, I liked what I saw from him, didn't look too shy though you didn't see a lot of thunderous checks but was willing to mix it up. The thing that got to me was I thought he would've been faster......until we learned that he had a foot injury, seems way more faster now.

I like what I see from White right now, but despite his immense work ethich and willingness to compete, he was the one, with Cepek that I was the least impressed with at this camp. Totally invisible, something that struck with me is that, they had a lot of 1 on 1 when not only skills were in order but exercices of strength as well, (elastic cord attached on 2 guys pulling away from each other) and White was always paired with Maxwell of course since they seem to be frieds and having the same weight and size (almost...). Anyway, Maxwell was ALWAYS destroying White on those exercices when I thought that with the grinder, grittier reputation that White had, he would've been at least stronger than little Maxie, well either Max was surprisingly strong, or White needs A LOT of work with his upper but moreso lower body strength. Didn't see nothing offensively out of that camp, didn't notice his shot, well he was the least ready to be at that camp. But having said, the only thing that it means is that, at that moment he was behind, means nothing as far as progression and potentiel but it might means that it will take longer for him to achieve his goals than Maxwell or even Fischer, even if he's a d-man.

Anyway, I'm glad that Max and White are showing some nice offensive stats, always checking the scoreboards for every prospect but surely for those 2, and hoping they'll continue their progression!!!!

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote