HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The powerplay: post the units you'd like to see out there

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-04-2013, 12:24 AM
  #26
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Piss Off
Posts: 12,229
vCash: 500
No....Sharp....on.....the.......point........pleas e.

Wasted Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 12:35 AM
  #27
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,385
vCash: 500
Sharp on the point is a good thing, not a bad thing. The problem is they need to take a lot more one-timers in general.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 08:38 AM
  #28
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjacks View Post
No....Sharp....on.....the.......point........pleas e.
Agreed, he's best near the net, no doubt about it, the back door plays, one timers, that's where he helps us the most.

Keith, Seabs, Leddy, Rozsi, Oduya, plenty of good options on our blueline to play the point.

Keith/Rozsi

Leddy/Seabrook (or Oduya if Seabs needs a breather)

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 12:06 PM
  #29
DJB
Registered User
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,054
vCash: 8579
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
Bickell/Saad - Toews - Kane
Sharp - Pirri/Kruger/LeBlanc/Danault - Hossa
Bickell/Saad - Shaw - Morin
Kruger - Handzus - Smith
Bollig

Pirri has the best chance at being the 2nd line centre, followed by Kruger, then LeBlanc, then Danault. Shaw has a chance as well, but I don't see him sticking between Hossa/Sharp.
Thanks. Was really wondering about whether it was going to be Saad or Bickell to claim that 1st line LW spot with Toews and Kane.


DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 12:10 PM
  #30
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Piss Off
Posts: 12,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Agreed, he's best near the net, no doubt about it, the back door plays, one timers, that's where he helps us the most.

Keith, Seabs, Leddy, Rozsi, Oduya, plenty of good options on our blueline to play the point.

Keith/Rozsi

Leddy/Seabrook (or Oduya if Seabs needs a breather)
Exactly.

Wasted Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 01:31 PM
  #31
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,385
vCash: 500
Sharp is useless down-low. He becomes incredibly stationary, and then Kane will just (eventually) force a pass to him when he's the only scoring option.

On the point, Sharp can slide down the weak side, or pop into the slot - and he does. Most of his PP goals are from the point, and a lot of them are off one-timers.

Sharp's best asset is his shot. Not his playmaking (though, I've never thought that part of his game was "bad" or anything). Putting him on the point gives him far more options and ways to get his shot off.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 01:50 PM
  #32
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 3,409
vCash: 500
Toews, Kane, Bickell, Leddy and ... Teravainen

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 02:58 PM
  #33
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Piss Off
Posts: 12,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
Sharp is useless down-low. He becomes incredibly stationary, and then Kane will just (eventually) force a pass to him when he's the only scoring option.

On the point, Sharp can slide down the weak side, or pop into the slot - and he does. Most of his PP goals are from the point, and a lot of them are off one-timers.

Sharp's best asset is his shot. Not his playmaking (though, I've never thought that part of his game was "bad" or anything). Putting him on the point gives him far more options and ways to get his shot off.
Do you only shoot form the point on the PP? No. He is a waste up top. Look at our PP when/since he has been on it on the point. Pathetic.

Wasted Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2013, 11:54 PM
  #34
zac
Registered User
 
zac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjacks View Post
Do you only shoot form the point on the PP? No. He is a waste up top. Look at our PP when/since he has been on it on the point. Pathetic.
The (great) PP we had a couple of years ago featured Sharp on the point. He was very effective.

Although Sharp's shot hasn't been the same the last few years, he's hardly the problem. With an increased emphasis on puck and player (without the puck) movement, Sharp should be able to thrive (again) in that role. Sharp's opportunities wouldn't and shouldn't come from the back end of the point, rather from creeping up into plays as the puck is cycled around. If our coach would emphasize (quick) movement and get our pointmen on the right side of the ice, our PP would be absolutely lethal.

Sharp is also the obvious choice as we have a lack of really good options. If none of our players can shoot from the (back end of) point with any regularity, I'd rather have a more skilled forward on the ice that can do some other things. No sense in watching the other guys ring shots off the glass.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 12:38 AM
  #35
ChiGuySez
Showtime
 
ChiGuySez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 7,033
vCash: 500
So much suckage on the pp, does it really matter whos on first?


ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.