HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

The New OT Thread: Spring Training is Here!

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2013, 09:29 PM
KoekkoekPuffs
I'd eat 'em

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
One of the prettiest campuses in the country.
Yeah it's pretty snazzy, although all the construction dampens it a little.

Old
08-27-2013, 11:30 PM
Toydarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoekkoekPuffs View Post
Tampa fan here coming in peace. I just moved to the U of A and was wondering if there's anyone else on the boards that goes here. Also, I'd just like to mention that the legal drinking age here is f***ing sweet!
I recently graduated from the UofA. They have a beer gardens the first week of school (only Big Rock beer though)

Old
08-28-2013, 12:56 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoekkoekPuffs View Post
Yeah it's pretty snazzy, although all the construction dampens it a little.
Meant it in a slightly different way...

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
08-28-2013, 02:40 AM
KoekkoekPuffs
I'd eat 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydarian View Post
I recently graduated from the UofA. They have a beer gardens the first week of school (only Big Rock beer though)
Yeah, they have a giant party on the 14th (my 18th birthday) so that'll be pretty f***ing sweet, haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Meant it in a slightly different way...
Oh, well yeah I guess it is, haha

Old
08-28-2013, 11:07 AM
EchoesoftheEighties
Wat a N00bnyk

The first week beer gardens are pretty awesome. There's a live band that plays, it's chill and as Cloned said there's good "construction".

We've talked about a U of A meet up on this board a lot but we never actually go through with it

Also Toydarian: Sick avatar. I have that on a t shirt and it's great.

Old
08-29-2013, 02:39 PM
thinlizzy

Skating at Terwilliger today Ryan Smyth, J.Joensuu, and T. Ewanyk plus Perry Pearns camp is also happening. Should be a few Oil skating there in the North end.

Old
08-29-2013, 05:17 PM
awesomo
HARD!

anybody play blacklist on xbox spies vs. mercs is hella fun

Old
09-02-2013, 11:56 PM
awesomo
HARD!

well looks like verizon isnt coming

Old
09-03-2013, 08:37 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 406
So a watch group says 1 in 5 younger workers who are in their prime working years are making less than 15 bucks a hour.

Pure laziness. You want to do some manual labour you will get way more than that.

Old
09-03-2013, 08:41 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
So a watch group says 1 in 5 younger workers who are in their prime working years are making less than 15 bucks a hour.

Pure laziness. You want to do some manual labour you will get way more than that.
Yes, but your wasting your time and effort doing manual labour.

I'd rather make less and not hate my life.

Old
09-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post

Not an entry level to do what they actually want to do in life. Experience value is clearly worth more to them than making a few extra bucks an hour. Laziness generally has nothing to do with it.

Old
09-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Soli
"Punish & Enslave"

The League (TV Series) - Available in ETown/Canada?

Apologize for the OT, will merge it in a second.

I've grown fond of the FX (FXX now?) series "The League" and its season premiere is tonight (right after It's Always Sunny). I'm visiting Edmonton and I scrolled through the Shaw guide but didn't see it.

Am I SOL till I find a stream?

And as a trick for ya'll (the treat would be the youtube video of the best of Raffi, but that's not appropriate...)

Old
09-04-2013, 08:31 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
I don't think it is. I just watch it online

Old
09-04-2013, 08:39 PM
MikeModano9

Netflix

Old
09-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Usual_Suspect

Its on FX Canada tomorrow night.

http://www.fxcanada.ca/shows/the-league/

"The League

New season starts, Thursday Sep. 5th at 10:30pm ET/ 7:30pm PT"

Old
09-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

8:30 local time Thursday on Channel 413 on Telus!

Old
09-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Soli
"Punish & Enslave"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usual_Suspect View Post
Its on FX Canada tomorrow night.

http://www.fxcanada.ca/shows/the-league/

"The League

New season starts, Thursday Sep. 5th at 10:30pm ET/ 7:30pm PT"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
8:30 local time Thursday on Channel 413 on Telus!
Thanks ya'll!

... but I'm twitchy and not going to wait that long. It'll air in half an hour in the east and then to the streams it is!

Old
09-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Soli
"Punish & Enslave"

Found it online if anyone cares to watch it in advance of... tomorrrow. PM me.

Old
09-05-2013, 12:16 AM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Found it online if anyone cares to watch it in advance of... tomorrrow. PM me.
Just like a samurai!!!!!!!!!

Old
09-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Soli
"Punish & Enslave"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Just like a samurai!!!!!!!!!
Kinda disappointed with it... The begining when they we're making movie titles was enjoyable, but then it trailed off. But, I was interrupted and distracted through it, probably lessening the enjoyment. I think I need to re-watch last season (the worst of the ones so far, bleh), I don't remember the winner from last season having won it.

I dunno why Dirty Randy holding the "trident" was funny... but yeah.

Old
09-05-2013, 10:50 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

I need to vent this out, and I know we've got some lawyer types around here, so maybe there's some advice to be found....

So this man (I struggle with allowing him that) is a degenerate gambler who steals 600k and owes an additional 400k+ in taxes he didn't pay throughout that period. He owns, along with his wife, land that's worth well over a million dollars, so they work out a deal where the victims of the theft buy the mortgage, are entitled to the sale price of the land, minus 250k for his wife - who is innocent and doesn't deserve to lose everything. The deal instructs that they don't criminally prosecute him. However the realtor is a moron, doesn't respond to inquiries, and the place is no closer to selling than it was 6 years ago. Everybody is in a holding pattern, and there's no good reason to expect anything to happen about this in the immediate future.

The husband is also a domineering bully. He doesn't work for 6 years, racks up credit card debt in his wifes name (though it can be identified as charges he made) and generally refuses to help her out with anything, bills or the debt. Eventually, she threatens to leave enough that he finds a job - and the first thing he does is con his new bosses out 6000 dollars on the sale price of a truck. They run a fledgling business, need trucks for said business. He found the truck (listed at 10k) and tells his bosses that it's listed for 16k. They agree, give him the check, he pockets the 6k extra and gives them the truck. He also, thanks to a computer error at his bank of choice (RBC), cons his way into his own chequing account, which he hadn't been allowed since being caught and losing his license to sell insurance. He immediately returns to gambling.

The wife decides to leave, allowing that he owes her over 15k (in reality, he is the primary contributor to a debt of over 50k)- but this number has been figured out from more tangible means (4k he stole from his wifes mother, specific charges, etc). If she doesn't get this money, she figures she will be in debt for the rest of her life - be forced to work into her 70's and have nothing at retirement besides a pithy work pension (and we all know how much it's safe to count on those).

Now, here comes the County in which they reside. They want to dig up their land for some pipeline or some such thing, and they have to pay the landowners for it. The husband immediately ingratiates himself with the county employee who's job it is to arrange this payment, cons him somehow into splitting the cheque into two cheques. Knowing that his wifes leaving him, he wants to refuse her his half - which would be the lions share of his debt to her. Again - this is free money that he only needs to gamble. He has almost no living expenses - power, heat and car insurance - that's it. It's also safe to say now that he makes more than her. His job nets him around 3k a month and he makes trailers on the side (illegally and shoddily) to the profit of thousands of dollars each. He's made five in the last month at least.

He and his wife haven't been speaking, but the wife has been waiting for the money from the County. Today, he told her he got his half three weeks ago and smirked in her face as she cried about being screwed over again. He told her that she needed to move out, or else he would consider every utilities bill he pays as payment against what he owes her. She has paid this bills for six years - six years after he revealed that he stole hundreds of thousands and was a gambling addict while refusing to get a job.

I know the law is a more subtle thing, but would anyone with any experience about divorce court or contracts court be able to throw some advice into this? The wife is seeking a lawyer out today.

Last edited by SK13: 09-05-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old
09-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Whatever it is you guys do, you should do it quickly. Degenerate gamblers almost always lose all their money, it doesn't matter if they make 6K a month or 1K. Best to get him while he still has ability to pay through the nose.

Old
09-07-2013, 10:25 PM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Need to fill this thread up so we can start another one with a new title that isn't depressing as hell to look at.

Old
09-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Greasy Sliders

I've never been a gta fan, but gta5 looks unreal... Anyone else seen the trailer?

Old
09-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Hugo Stiglitz

vCash: 1439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy Sliders View Post
I've never been a gta fan, but gta5 looks unreal... Anyone else seen the trailer?
Yep. I'm super stoked for it. I've had it pre-ordered since January.

Closed Thread