HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Music, Books) Part VI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-03-2013, 12:40 PM
  #551
Brodeur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 11,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
I agree. I still am rooting for Walt too. It's weird but I am.

I'm blanking on what happened with Brock and that's interfering with me understanding Jessie's anger.
It's probably helpful that I watched the entire series in the last three weeks, so everything is somewhat fresh in my memory. I'll put the summary in spoil tags:

Spoil:
Near the end of season 4, Gus was successfully separating Jesse from Walt. This was when they were pairing Jesse with Mike and going off on various tasks. Before that, Jesse and Walter were conspiring to take out Gus. Walter had created another dose of ricin which Jesse promised to use on Gus at some point.

After Gus/Mike/Jesse take out the Mexican cartel (during which Jesse was able to reproduce Walter's recipe), Gus wants Jesse as the primary cook but they disagree on what to do with Walter. Walter goes to Jesse, pleading with him that if Jesse agrees to be the cook that he's basically signing Walter's death warrant. If I recall correctly, Brock and his mom are at Jesse's playing video games during the scene.

Jesse rejects Walter and Gus' thugs capture Walter and bring him to the desert where he is formally fired by Gus. Gus says he'll kill Hank, who is close to figuring out their operation, and that if Walter interferes, Gus will target Walter's family too.

In the next episode, Brock suddenly turns ill and the cigarette containing the vial of ricin is suddenly missing. Jesse freaks out and confronts Walter, thinking he had arranged this. Walter successfully convinces him that Gus had done this as a ploy to further drive a wedge between Jesse and Walt.

Eventually Walt uses Jesse, who refuses to leave the hospital, to lure Gus into a trap (Walt places a bomb in Gus' car in the hospital parking lot). When that doesn't work, Jesse then tells Walt that Gus is vulnerable when he goes to taunt Hector Salamanca at the retirement home.

.......but getting back to the Brock thing. Jesse originally surmised that Saul had one of his henchmen steal the cigarette and use it to poison Brock. His suspicions were put on the backburner after the doctors determined that Brock had been poisoned by something else. Later, Walt would help "search" for the lost cigarette and would plant it in Jesse's Roomba.

So in the recent episode, Jesse goes to Saul to arrange his leaving town. Jesse is about to light up a joint in the office and Saul tells him that "his guy" will not deal with somebody who is high. As Jesse is leaving the office, he bumps into Huell who presumably takes Jesse's bag of pot.

While Jesse is nervously waiting to get picked up, he reaches into his pocket for a smoke. But realizes that his pot is gone. He (correctly) assumes that Saul/Huell had taken it, and that they could have stolen the ricin/cigarette from Season 4. And if they were working with Walt to do that scheme, that meant Saul/Huell were aware/responsible for poisoning Brock.

So Jesse freaks out once he realizes they had conspired to poison a kid, plus his realization that Walter was just manipulating him all along.

Brodeur is offline  
Old
09-03-2013, 12:41 PM
  #552
Henry Killinger
Registered User
 
Henry Killinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
Regarding Breaking Bad:

Spoil:
Am I the only one who's rooting for Walt? My sister and friends think I'm ridiculous that i'm rooting for him.
No, you are not the only one.

Henry Killinger is offline  
Old
09-03-2013, 12:48 PM
  #553
Richer's Ghost
Moderator
GO SJ & CBJ
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,142
vCash: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Killinger View Post
I DVR'd it and haven't watched it yet. Thanks for the spoilers. Jerk.

James Franco squints a lot and the panel actually live through the episode.

__________________

We're all a bunch of sausage sticks walking around. None of us really wants to see how we were made.
Richer's Ghost is online now  
Old
09-03-2013, 01:02 PM
  #554
Ripshot 43
Registered User
 
Ripshot 43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It's probably helpful that I watched the entire series in the last three weeks, so everything is somewhat fresh in my memory. I'll put the summary in spoil tags:

Spoil:
Near the end of season 4, Gus was successfully separating Jesse from Walt. This was when they were pairing Jesse with Mike and going off on various tasks. Before that, Jesse and Walter were conspiring to take out Gus. Walter had created another dose of ricin which Jesse promised to use on Gus at some point.

After Gus/Mike/Jesse take out the Mexican cartel (during which Jesse was able to reproduce Walter's recipe), Gus wants Jesse as the primary cook but they disagree on what to do with Walter. Walter goes to Jesse, pleading with him that if Jesse agrees to be the cook that he's basically signing Walter's death warrant. If I recall correctly, Brock and his mom are at Jesse's playing video games during the scene.

Jesse rejects Walter and Gus' thugs capture Walter and bring him to the desert where he is formally fired by Gus. Gus says he'll kill Hank, who is close to figuring out their operation, and that if Walter interferes, Gus will target Walter's family too.

In the next episode, Brock suddenly turns ill and the cigarette containing the vial of ricin is suddenly missing. Jesse freaks out and confronts Walter, thinking he had arranged this. Walter successfully convinces him that Gus had done this as a ploy to further drive a wedge between Jesse and Walt.

Eventually Walt uses Jesse, who refuses to leave the hospital, to lure Gus into a trap (Walt places a bomb in Gus' car in the hospital parking lot). When that doesn't work, Jesse then tells Walt that Gus is vulnerable when he goes to taunt Hector Salamanca at the retirement home.

.......but getting back to the Brock thing. Jesse originally surmised that Saul had one of his henchmen steal the cigarette and use it to poison Brock. His suspicions were put on the backburner after the doctors determined that Brock had been poisoned by something else. Later, Walt would help "search" for the lost cigarette and would plant it in Jesse's Roomba.

So in the recent episode, Jesse goes to Saul to arrange his leaving town. Jesse is about to light up a joint in the office and Saul tells him that "his guy" will not deal with somebody who is high. As Jesse is leaving the office, he bumps into Huell who presumably takes Jesse's bag of pot.

While Jesse is nervously waiting to get picked up, he reaches into his pocket for a smoke. But realizes that his pot is gone. He (correctly) assumes that Saul/Huell had taken it, and that they could have stolen the ricin/cigarette from Season 4. And if they were working with Walt to do that scheme, that meant Saul/Huell were aware/responsible for poisoning Brock.

So Jesse freaks out once he realizes they had conspired to poison a kid, plus his realization that Walter was just manipulating him all along.
Wow, completely forgot that it went that deep. Thank you for being my cliff notes this once

Ripshot 43 is offline  
Old
09-03-2013, 01:22 PM
  #555
Brodeur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 11,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
Wow, completely forgot that it went that deep. Thank you for being my cliff notes this once
Yeah, I couldn't imagine if I had watched the series from the beginning. Seeing 13 episodes and waiting 39 weeks would be maddening. That was a bit of a confusing story line since I tend to lose/misplace small items all the time.

I ordered a Los Pollos Hermanos shirt which I'll be proudly wearing for the last couple of episodes.

Brodeur is offline  
Old
09-03-2013, 01:28 PM
  #556
Ripshot 43
Registered User
 
Ripshot 43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
HBO just announced that True Blood will be ending next season when they air the final 10 episodes. Whatever will my wife do to get her weekly fill of big werewolf and vampire men walking around shirtless?

Ripshot 43 is offline  
Old
09-03-2013, 01:29 PM
  #557
Ripshot 43
Registered User
 
Ripshot 43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
Hmm... On second thought, maybe that will make her pickup her 50 Shades of Grey book even sooner since I just told her last night that Charlie Hunnam from Sons of Anarchy was cast as the male lead.

Ripshot 43 is offline  
Old
09-03-2013, 04:53 PM
  #558
BruceWayne*
Risen
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gotham
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
HBO just announced that True Blood will be ending next season when they air the final 10 episodes. Whatever will my wife do to get her weekly fill of big werewolf and vampire men walking around shirtless?
Whatever you do, hide Teen Wolf's existence from her. My god these types of shows are what is wrong with TV.

BruceWayne* is offline  
Old
09-03-2013, 05:01 PM
  #559
BruceWayne*
Risen
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gotham
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
I agree. I still am rooting for Walt too. It's weird but I am.

I'm blanking on what happened with Brock and that's interfering with me understanding Jessie's anger.
If nobody already answered this...

Spoil:
In Season 4, Walter concocted a way to get Jesse to turn on Gus and join Walt in order to kill Fring. Walt decided to steal the Ricin cigarette and make it seem like it was Gus who found out about it and took it, and then the result of that was Brock (Jesse's girlfriend's son) getting poisoned and nearly dying. Except it wasn't the Ricin. The poison came from a plant called Lily of the Valley, a flower that is shown in Walt's garden. Jesse only just figured out what Walter did.

And just wait until Jesse finds out that he watched Jane die. And did nothing.

BruceWayne* is offline  
Old
09-03-2013, 05:11 PM
  #560
Ripshot 43
Registered User
 
Ripshot 43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
Whatever you do, hide Teen Wolf's existence from her. My god these types of shows are what is wrong with TV.
my wife is young but she's not high school age young

And yes, Brodeur responded to my other question thank you though.

Ripshot 43 is offline  
Old
09-03-2013, 09:56 PM
  #561
Lous Special Sauce
Registered User
 
Lous Special Sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Tomorrow: new episodes of its always sunny and the league - f' yea

Lous Special Sauce is offline  
Old
09-03-2013, 10:59 PM
  #562
EliasFTW
Registered User
 
EliasFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Utica, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lous Special Sauce View Post
Tomorrow: new episodes of its always sunny and the league - f' yea
Yeah if you can find the stupid FXX. Why they need 3 channels just blows my mind.

EliasFTW is offline  
Old
09-04-2013, 06:04 AM
  #563
Lous Special Sauce
Registered User
 
Lous Special Sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasFTW View Post
Yeah if you can find the stupid FXX. Why they need 3 channels just blows my mind.
Extremely dumb that they made FXX,, you can use getfxx to find which channel number this station is. I believe it's the old "fox soccer" channel number that they are using.

Lous Special Sauce is offline  
Old
09-04-2013, 06:20 AM
  #564
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,980
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
Hmm... On second thought, maybe that will make her pickup her 50 Shades of Grey book even sooner since I just told her last night that Charlie Hunnam from Sons of Anarchy was cast as the male lead.
I love me some Jax, but it still wouldn't make me watch that movie.

cj225 is offline  
Old
09-04-2013, 06:59 AM
  #565
BruceWayne*
Risen
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gotham
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 500

BruceWayne* is offline  
Old
09-04-2013, 07:19 AM
  #566
Nick0930
Registered User
 
Nick0930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lous Special Sauce View Post
Tomorrow: new episodes of its always sunny and the league - f' yea
Oh ****. The League returns tonight? Thanks for letting me know!

Nick0930 is offline  
Old
09-04-2013, 09:14 AM
  #567
Lous Special Sauce
Registered User
 
Lous Special Sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
Oh ****. The League returns tonight? Thanks for letting me know!
Pretty sure it starts tonight at 10:30

Lous Special Sauce is offline  
Old
09-04-2013, 10:14 AM
  #568
Ripshot 43
Registered User
 
Ripshot 43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lous Special Sauce View Post
Extremely dumb that they made FXX,, you can use getfxx to find which channel number this station is. I believe it's the old "fox soccer" channel number that they are using.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
Oh ****. The League returns tonight? Thanks for letting me know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lous Special Sauce View Post
Pretty sure it starts tonight at 10:30
It is the old Fox Soccer channel. Tonight tonight! Love the League!

Ripshot 43 is offline  
Old
09-04-2013, 10:16 AM
  #569
Ripshot 43
Registered User
 
Ripshot 43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
I love me some Jax, but it still wouldn't make me watch that movie.
Sounds like a perfect girls night out movie for her and a few friends. If she comes back with a few new ideas... No complaining from me

Ripshot 43 is offline  
Old
09-04-2013, 10:16 AM
  #570
EliasFTW
Registered User
 
EliasFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Utica, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lous Special Sauce View Post
Extremely dumb that they made FXX,, you can use getfxx to find which channel number this station is. I believe it's the old "fox soccer" channel number that they are using.
Yeah i know however when it gives you the wrong station numbers its hard to find.


Oh if anyone has the time. Season 4 of The League is on Netflix. if youre like me and like bindge watching last season before the new episode.

EliasFTW is offline  
Old
09-04-2013, 07:05 PM
  #571
Lous Special Sauce
Registered User
 
Lous Special Sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasFTW View Post
Yeah i know however when it gives you the wrong station numbers its hard to find.


Oh if anyone has the time. Season 4 of The League is on Netflix. if youre like me and like bindge watching last season before the new episode.

I think the fox channels changing is brand new due to the split that's going on with news corp. fox got rid of the speed channel and renamed it fox sports channel. Probably moving the soccer stuff there especially now that they lost f1, NASCAR, etc etc

Lous Special Sauce is offline  
Old
09-04-2013, 08:40 PM
  #572
732DevilsFan
Registered User
 
732DevilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ocean County
Posts: 946
vCash: 300
Hello everyone, anyone interested in Comedy? I agreed to go to the Oddball comedy tour at PNC this Saturday, the 7th a few months back. My wife is pregnant and isnt up to it anymore and since shes due anyday now I would rather not go without her. So I dont want my friend who bought the tickets to be beat out of the money nor do I want to pay for them since we cant go. Theyre $32 a piece and they're lawn seats. Im only asking $50 foe the pair. This tour is headlined by Dave Chappelle. Theyre printed tickets so I can meet somewhere prior to the show. Thanks in advance for any interest.

732DevilsFan is offline  
Old
09-05-2013, 05:59 AM
  #573
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
The other one was You're Next, which I would not recommend at all.
I wish it were about Scott Stevens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
Hmm... On second thought, maybe that will make her pickup her 50 Shades of Grey book even sooner since I just told her last night that Charlie Hunnam from Sons of Anarchy was cast as the male lead.
I still can't believe they are making a movie out of that.

Well, I can believe it, but I think it will be dreadful.

Saugus is offline  
Old
09-05-2013, 07:05 AM
  #574
Ripshot 43
Registered User
 
Ripshot 43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
Sons of Anarchy


If you aren't watching it... Go back and start with season 1 and you'll realise that you've been missing one of the best shows on TV. I personally put it up there with my favorite shows (Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Dexter). Starts next week. I've loved every season so far.

Ripshot 43 is offline  
Old
09-05-2013, 07:54 AM
  #575
Richer's Ghost
Moderator
GO SJ & CBJ
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,142
vCash: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
Sons of Anarchy


If you aren't watching it... Go back and start with season 1 and you'll realise that you've been missing one of the best shows on TV. I personally put it up there with my favorite shows (Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Dexter). Starts next week. I've loved every season so far.
First Archer, then Breaking Bad... now another one I have to catch up on?

I don't know if I can squeeze another one in between Boardwalk and the NFL season starting up...



Although I did drop Homeland so I have an opening to fill.

Richer's Ghost is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.