HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Music, Books) Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
First Archer, then Breaking Bad... now another one I have to catch up on?

I don't know if I can squeeze another one in between Boardwalk and the NFL season starting up...

Although I did drop Homeland so I have an opening to fill.
Why drop Homeland? Pretty excited for the new season.

Old
09-05-2013, 08:28 AM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
Sons of Anarchy

If you aren't watching it... Go back and start with season 1 and you'll realise that you've been missing one of the best shows on TV. I personally put it up there with my favorite shows (Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Dexter). Starts next week. I've loved every season so far.
I'm very interested to see how this season turns out. Lots of different ways it can go. I haven't seen much in the way of teasers or anything like that, so I'm going into the season completely unaware of what may happen. Can't wait for Tuesday!

Old
09-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Loyal Patrik
I Like Hockey.

The League was incredible last night. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Old
09-05-2013, 09:32 AM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal Patrik View Post
The League was incredible last night. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
That is seriously a great show. Rafi is amazing.

Old
09-05-2013, 09:36 AM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
Homeland's second season was dire

Old
09-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Richer's Ghost
awww summertime

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
I can't handle the suspension of belief needed to let so many things slide that would never happen the way they are depicted. The show is based in a real world setting and has attempted to establish a very 'real' manner in which it conducts intelligence and security but then so many perfectly aligned things happen in just the way they need to without an ounce of reality of how security would be handled in these major situations and it drives me nuts. Maybe it's supposed to as part of the draw but it grinds my gears and I don't think I can handle another season of it. I could go into detail about the many jawdrop moments that get pushed to the side as if officer Barbrady himself were directing the show but I won't. I'll just say shows like GoT that are based in a mystical world where anything can happen are the ones that get a free pass on the suspension of belief card, but modern day dramas using real world scenarios have to abide by the real world rules. It's probably the same reason I can't watch crime dramas like CSI because I know the real world isn't just a DNA swab away from Ah-Ha! moments where the mystery is solved without so much as a mis-step or two to build drama. It's like a corn maze with no dead ends.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
09-05-2013, 10:16 AM
B A T M A N
Risen

Quote:
I can't handle the suspension of belief needed to let so many things slide that would never happen the way they are depicted. The show is based in a real world setting and has attempted to establish a very 'real' manner in which it conducts intelligence and security but then so many perfectly aligned things happen in just the way they need to without an ounce of reality of how security would be handled in these major situations and it drives me nuts. Maybe it's supposed to as part of the draw but it grinds my gears and I don't think I can handle another season of it. I could go into detail about the many jawdrop moments that get pushed to the side as if officer Barbrady himself were directing the show but I won't. I'll just say shows like GoT that are based in a mystical world where anything can happen are the ones that get a free pass on the suspension of belief card, but modern day dramas using real world scenarios have to abide by the real world rules. It's probably the same reason I can't watch crime dramas like CSI because I know the real world isn't just a DNA swab away from Ah-Ha! moments where the mystery is solved without so much as a mis-step or two to build drama. It's like a corn maze with no dead ends.
Agreed. Not a fan of Homeland at all.

Old
09-05-2013, 12:30 PM
EliasFTW

My DVR cut off the last min or two of The League. Someone tell me what happend with Ruxin Rafi Russel and Dirty Randy?

Old
09-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
First Archer, then Breaking Bad... now another one I have to catch up on?

I don't know if I can squeeze another one in between Boardwalk and the NFL season starting up...

Although I did drop Homeland so I have an opening to fill.
SoA has a really good supporting cast and a story that is deeper than one would think. Very interesting to see the inner workings of a biker gang and much like GoT, no one is safe.

I'm dropping Homeland as well. It seemed like a great idea for a one season show that they are trying to stretch out into a series now. Season 2 was dreadful to get through.

Old
09-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasFTW View Post
My DVR cut off the last min or two of The League. Someone tell me what happend with Ruxin Rafi Russel and Dirty Randy?
Lmao, I haven't watched it yet but this comment alone made me laugh thinking about those fools

Old
09-05-2013, 02:07 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasFTW View Post
They tried to welcome him to the domination league and he said he didn't want to join... but they all had masks on and told him he had to join and the only way out was death. and then he ran and they chased him. Man I love that show lol

Old
09-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9

Old
09-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Game Breaker

Send a message via AIM to Game Breaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
If nobody already answered this...

Spoil:
In Season 4, Walter concocted a way to get Jesse to turn on Gus and join Walt in order to kill Fring. Walt decided to steal the Ricin cigarette and make it seem like it was Gus who found out about it and took it, and then the result of that was Brock (Jesse's girlfriend's son) getting poisoned and nearly dying. Except it wasn't the Ricin. The poison came from a plant called Lily of the Valley, a flower that is shown in Walt's garden. Jesse only just figured out what Walter did.

And just wait until Jesse finds out that he watched Jane die. And did nothing.
Can't wait! My gf and I didn't want to watch any of season 5 until it was almost over because we watched the rest of the show on netflix over the course of about 2 weeks.

Spoil:
My gf keeps arguing with me and her mother about rooting for Walt. She keeps saying how can we possibly be pulling for him with all the bad things he's done, but I'm still on his crazy side. Apparently Vince Gilligan is going to make sure that no one is on Walt's side by the end. There was an article where he basically said he didn't want Walt having fans because he is such a bad person

"...then they take their retard 7 foot Chara, who sticks out like a boner in sweatpants..."- Devs4thCup
Old
09-06-2013, 06:15 AM
B A T M A N
Risen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Breaker View Post
Can't wait! My gf and I didn't want to watch any of season 5 until it was almost over because we watched the rest of the show on netflix over the course of about 2 weeks.

Spoil:
My gf keeps arguing with me and her mother about rooting for Walt. She keeps saying how can we possibly be pulling for him with all the bad things he's done, but I'm still on his crazy side. Apparently Vince Gilligan is going to make sure that no one is on Walt's side by the end. There was an article where he basically said he didn't want Walt having fans because he is such a bad person
Spoil:
Vince Gilligan has always wanted Walt to be Scarface. So if that is going to happen, he's going to have to kill someone pretty close to him to earn that title, before being blown away himself. The interesting thing is that I can see it happen. The show is called Breaking Bad for a reason. Walt started the show as a really timid chemistry teacher with a well documented love of tighty whities. It's fascinating that now he's Heisenberg and everything has changed... except the tighty whities part.

I am still most certainly on Walt's side. I don't care if he puts a shotgun to a school full of children's heads. I'm sure if Walt felt it was justified, that'd be okay with me.

Old
09-06-2013, 06:28 AM
Game Breaker

Send a message via AIM to Game Breaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
Spoil:
Vince Gilligan has always wanted Walt to be Scarface. So if that is going to happen, he's going to have to kill someone pretty close to him to earn that title, before being blown away himself. The interesting thing is that I can see it happen. The show is called Breaking Bad for a reason. Walt started the show as a really timid chemistry teacher with a well documented love of tighty whities. It's fascinating that now he's Heisenberg and everything has changed... except the tighty whities part.

I am still most certainly on Walt's side. I don't care if he puts a shotgun to a school full of children's heads. I'm sure if Walt felt it was justified, that'd be okay with me.
Not sure why, but I feel the same way!

Old
09-06-2013, 06:29 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
RG - Sons of Anarchy is a phenomenal show. I can't wait for Tuesday!

Old
09-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Henry Killinger

Anyone watching The Bridge?
Had to force myself thru the first couple episodes, but the storyline is really pulling me in now.

Old
09-06-2013, 07:42 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
So that means you're staying up to watch it with me Tuesday night?? Hope so..cause I'm watching it either way!

Old
09-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Richer's Ghost
awww summertime

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Got it... marking it down for the next open slot. Football, hockey and Boardwalk Empire all firing up at the same time??? And just as I get into Breaking Bad???

So much tv, so little time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Killinger View Post
Had to force myself thru the first couple episodes, but the storyline is really pulling me in now.
The previews looked really good but at this point I wait for a couple of solid seasons before jumping in with so much quality stuff to catch up on. Let us know if it continues to deliver.

Old
09-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Killinger View Post
Forces myself through 3 episodes and then I just couldn't take anymore. The main actress really bugs me with the way she delivers her lines. (Autistic or not it comes off in an irritating way)

Old
09-07-2013, 12:52 AM
B A T M A N
Risen

*Don't watch unless you are up to date on GoT*

Old
09-07-2013, 11:40 AM
DevilsJunkie

Currently 'speed viewing' Dexter. Up to season 6 ep. 3. I thought the 5th season was the best, and am not very fond of the religious overtones of season 6. That and the writing, while good, just leaves too many plot-holes for me to ignore.

Sons of Anarchy lost me long ago. Charlie Mannan (or whoever the actor is that plays Jax) is a one-note actor. Doesn't appear to be very versatile and has become very irritating to me. Katey Sagal and Ron Perlmen are the bombs, though.

And nothing touches Breaking Bad. That show is just top-notch, although Anna Gunn isn't a favorite.

Old
09-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsJunkie View Post
Currently 'speed viewing' Dexter. Up to season 6 ep. 3. I thought the 5th season was the best, and am not very fond of the religious overtones of season 6. That and the writing, while good, just leaves too many plot-holes for me to ignore.

Sons of Anarchy lost me long ago. Charlie Mannan (or whoever the actor is that plays Jax) is a one-note actor. Doesn't appear to be very versatile and has become very irritating to me. Katey Sagal and Ron Perlmen are the bombs, though.

And nothing touches Breaking Bad. That show is just top-notch, although Anna Gunn isn't a favorite.
Dexter season 4- The Trinity Killer was my favorite season. Closely followed by season 1.

They always seem to get one really good guest actor per season.

Old
09-07-2013, 08:10 PM
DevilsJunkie

Season 4 is where a lot happens to Dexter. Season 5 is where you get to learn a little more about him and he becomes someone more "human."

Old
09-07-2013, 09:00 PM
kiwidevil

Just hired out office space. never seen it before.

Closed Thread