HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Rookie camp roster (September 5-9)

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2013, 08:42 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Gaston Therrien responded to me that Beaulieu seems to not be in shape.

Old
09-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

vCash: 500
Remember last year when Kadri "wasn't in shape".

I'm going to reserve judgement until after the first few minutes of ice time during the rookie camp.

Plus, like Whitesnake said...it's Gaston freaking Therrien. The guy who thought Grigorenko was better since he got more ice time on the PP than Galchenyuk.

Old
09-06-2013, 08:49 AM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
He could just be having an off day.

Old
09-06-2013, 09:02 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
He has a problem with an uncontrollable hook.
A slice would be more dangerous.

Old
09-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
If true this would be a big dissapointment, especially after the off-season he's had. I made a crack about the golf tournament but truth be told i dont really care...these things happen and they can tend to get blown out of proportion when someone "famous" is involved. But if the kid had a head on his shoulders you would hope that he would bare down and come into camp looking to impress and put that bad publicity behind him.

Old
09-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Dixit Gaston Therrien: 9:45 le 1er entraînement va se terminer bientôt, on peut dire que les jeunes ont patiné, il faut que les meilleurs prouvent qu’ils veulent rester avec la formation. La forme physique est très importante.

Resume. The kids skated. May the best prove they want to stick with the big club. Being in shape is really important.

I wish I could write resumes like that.....

Old
09-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Another gem from GT answering a question from a guy asking about Nygren and Duffy. Asking GT how they'd look, he answered...."Average...but they look to be in shape". Honestly, next report, that's all I'm writing. Each name and beside their name...who is in shape and who isn't? Okay?

Seriously, GT also mentioned, not sure how he got the info but seems that he did, that Tinordi had one of the best testing yesterday. Not unexpected, but still great to see.

Seems that Team B is already on the ice with McCarron on it. Even if the schedule said they'd be on at 11am....why am I not surprised.

Old
09-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Taupy

Quote:
Another gem from GT answering a question from a guy asking about Nygren and Duffy. Asking GT how they'd look, he answered...."Average...but they look to be in shape". Honestly, next report, that's all I'm writing. Each name and beside their name...who is in shape and who isn't? Okay?

Seriously, GT also mentioned, not sure how he got the info but seems that he did, that Tinordi had one of the best testing yesterday. Not unexpected, but still great to see.
The first drill seemed to have been about skating so it's hard to say anything else. It was more about who was in shape or not (and it's hard to tell if you're in the stands, the coaches are those that could tell a lot more.)

Old
09-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Wow...Naattinen, still not participating in a camp. Still injured....don't know the nature of it but that's way much lately for the kid....

Old
09-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taupy View Post
The first drill seemed to have been about skating so it's hard to say anything else. It was more about who was in shape or not (and it's hard to tell if you're in the stands, the coaches are those that could tell a lot more.)
There was more to it just by looking at Twitter. Some were able to catch Pateryn being great defensively on 1 on 1. And a couple of other things. So no...it wasn't just about testing on the ice. There were game situations out there. Yes, there are some time in that camp that there will be some on-ice testing, much tougher to say anything else. But this morning wasn't one of them.

Old
09-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

It was G.Therrien being G.Therrien.

A dunce that got a job as an analyst...somehow.

Old
09-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Chris Nilan

Quote:

Seems that Team B is already on the ice with McCarron on it. Even if the schedule said they'd be on at 11am....why am I not surprised.
As much as I might agree with you, Whitesnake, I also feel the same way about the official hfboards camp reports that put the player's name down and immediately follow that with "needs to be grittier (sic) and add muscle."

These things are like the old Far Side cartoon of equine medicine.

Old
09-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nilan View Post
As much as I might agree with you, Whitesnake, I also feel the same way about the official hfboards camp reports that put the player's name down and immediately follow that with "needs to be grittier (sic) and add muscle."

These things are like the old Far Side cartoon of equine medicine.
Difference is that Therrien doesn't add anything else. Seems to be the master of shape and that's pretty much the only thing he adds. And is not even able to support his theory with a real example. Contrary to most HF reports.

Old
09-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Milhouse40

Actually, i like Gaston Therrien.....
He's the reason i stil think i have a shot at a job at RDS.
Seriously....let's hope he won't replace Lavoie!

Old
09-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Tyson

My educated guess is that Nathan B is in better shape than GT insinuates that he is. Why say stuff like that?

Old
09-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
My educated guess is that Nathan B is in better shape than GT insinuates that he is. Why say stuff like that?
What makes you say that?

Old
09-06-2013, 10:15 AM
domdo345

I will give this input. One of my good friend is a scout for a Q team where Beaulieu might have played....word is that he's not in good shape at all. Still impressive given the fact that he skates so well. I hope he puts it together because I'm high on him and with these reports I worry he might in fact be on the market.

Old
09-06-2013, 10:28 AM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
Not only is there a log jam but mostly a logjam on the left side. Out of this bunch the only Right handed dmen are Suban and Diaz. The ones that will show versatility and ability to play on the right side will benefit a lot from the current situation. I know Georges can play on the rigth, he did it for a long time with Markov. I can't see Bouillon taking part of most of the games and can easily see Tinordi/and or Beulieu performing better then Dewiske. the problem however will be when Emelin is coming back... I have a feeling we might see a trade.

My opening day pairing:

Georges, Suban
Murray, Diaz
Markov, Tinordi

By the end of the year:
Emelin, Suban
Tinordi, Diaz
Beaulieu, Georges
Murray

I predict that Markov will unfortunatly be traded at the deadline...

I agree, Markov will not be back with the habs for 2014-15 season. If ANY of the prospects ( Beaulieu ) are ready to step in at the trade deadline then, trade Markov and get something good for him.

Old
09-06-2013, 10:30 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
From the live blog from G. Therrien (Not the best reference btw):

Seems like Beaulieu is really out of shape at this morning skate.
Not good...mayby something bothering him!!
Oh FFS, Please. Calm the **** down.

Quote:
WS come on, you should not be posting this. Dude you know better. This is frantic crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
A slice would be more dangerous.
You frigging beat me to it. :laugh Thought the EXACT same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
Actually, i like Gaston Therrien.....
He's the reason i stil think i have a shot at a job at RDS.
Seriously....let's hope he won't replace Lavoie!
Well great I'm glad he might get you a job. What the **** does that have to do with anything on this board. All about YOU much? We don't care.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 09-06-2013 at 04:09 PM. Reason: merge
Old
09-06-2013, 10:44 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Well great I'm glad he might get you a job. What the **** does that have to do with anything on this board. All about YOU much? We don't care.
That went right over your head. Wow.

Old
09-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Regarding the second group:

"10:51 le groupe me semble plus talentueux, Andrighetto, Mccarron vont très bien"

The second group seems more talented. Andrighetto and McCaron are doing well.

It probably means they are in shape.

Old
09-06-2013, 10:46 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
I will give this input. One of my good friend is a scout for a Q team where Beaulieu might have played....word is that he's not in good shape at all. Still impressive given the fact that he skates so well. I hope he puts it together because I'm high on him and with these reports I worry he might in fact be on the market.
He's in way better shape than any of the **** wits on this board. He actually plays pro hockey, he's like 21 years old, and it will take him a month, or maybe 2 weeks, to round into form. Please give this a break.

Old
09-06-2013, 10:47 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That went right over your head. Wow.
Sorry if missed it, late here, am also drunk.

Old
09-06-2013, 10:57 AM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
He's in way better shape than any of the **** wits on this board. He actually plays pro hockey, he's like 21 years old, and it will take him a month, or maybe 2 weeks, to round into form. Please give this a break.
I'm sorry to break your fan bubble, but kids these days train year round and since the age of 13-14 yo. You just can't train 1 month and be up to par with everyone else. He's one of my favorite prospect but I will call a spade a spade. So far, his talent is what kept him on top of everyone. It won't cut it if he wants to be a pro NHLer.

By the way, I'm sure many posters played a high level of hockey and kept in great physical shape like I did. Pretty much a useless comment you used there...

Old
09-06-2013, 11:18 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Gaston Therrien is awful and TSN should be ashamed they gave him a segment.

Closed Thread