HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kane's pay being garnished by court order

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-05-2013, 10:40 PM
  #101
Snot Rocket
HF anti-tank squad
 
Snot Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 984
vCash: 155
MPI suspends licenses all the time, they send to a registered letter, and if it is not actioned, they suspend you.
Happens all the time, to many people. (Not me thankfully, that would be crappy considering I have a class 1...though I no longer drive truck, it still would be bad)

Just witnessed happen to someone I know, they had moved and for some reason there was something that MPI wanted actioned, so they sent a letter to his old address. When there was no response they suspended him. So when he was pulled over, he got surprise of his life, suspended...car towed and impounded. Cost him almost 400 bucks to get it out, plus the ticket and the appear with the magistrate to show that it was indeed an accident.
Magistrate said this happens all the time, and so did Dr. Hook.

Not sure if this is directly the case with Kane as without the details it is just wild speculation, but it could have very well been an oversight as much as any other wild speculation on our parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney Regan View Post
Photo radar and intersection cameras are a deterrent.
I definitely run far less yellow (orange) lights and no longer speed up to make it through a intersection before the light changes. I know plenty of others who have also changed their habits.

I pay much more attention to the posted speed limits in the city, especially when gong through construction zones.

Ironically the people that the cameras and photo radar have effected the most are the police themselves. They get tickets for driving too fast and running red lights now just like the rest of us. In the past they would never have gotten a ticket if pulled over.

Yes these automated systems bring in a lot of money. In my opinion that is win win. A tax on the stupid that anyone can avoid if they want to follow the driving laws and at the same time it keeps traffic speeds honest.
IFAIAC the red light cameras are good on paper...but now people just speed between them.
Sure cutting down on people running lights is great, but there are far too many drivers out there that hit pure panic mode the moment a light turns yellow that they flat spot their tires. I have almost rear ended many a person as they 2 foot their brakes the moment it goes yellow when they are almost into the intersection. Let me tell you, I travel at the proper distance behind, especially when I was driving a fully loaded 53' trailer...but man do people not know how much it sucks to be rear ended and get whiplash? I'd much rather take the chance on the light which does not go off as long as you are in the intersection before it turns red (and not speeding).

Snot Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 11:04 PM
  #102
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO
 
Reed Solomon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Man.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ65 View Post
The intersection cameras work. .
they cause more accidents from people stopping quickly out of fear of running the red light. Also there are reports of places where cities have increased the speed of the yellow light to get people ticketed for running the red. The fact that people blindly believe cameras stop accidents is part of the whole problem. They may stop some sorts of accidents, but at the cost of an increase in other types of accidents.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 11:54 PM
  #103
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,055
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogistewart View Post
you've never left your house w/o your driver's license?
by accident or on purpose?

i'm a responsible adult. i have a car, a mortgage, a wife, pets, ran two successful businesses. but i've done it.
you shift it out of your wallet when going to the bar. or it goes in your backpack or something. or you put it in your jeans and forget it and only realize a week later.

it wasn't like he was killing babies or pulling a Yashin.
Except that he didn't forget his license, HE DIDN'T HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE and he was driving, big difference, nobody I know has ever done that, speaks of either ignorance or arrogance or both plus a lot of immaturity.


Last edited by sipowicz: 09-06-2013 at 12:26 AM.
sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 11:55 PM
  #104
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor
 
wpgsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,875
vCash: 50
I'm mad at Kane.
This thread is his fault.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 12:09 AM
  #105
Mud Turtle
Registered User
 
Mud Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snot Rocket View Post
MPI suspends licenses all the time, they send to a registered letter, and if it is not actioned, they suspend you.
Happens all the time, to many people. (Not me thankfully, that would be crappy considering I have a class 1...though I no longer drive truck, it still would be bad)

Just witnessed happen to someone I know, they had moved and for some reason there was something that MPI wanted actioned, so they sent a letter to his old address. When there was no response they suspended him. So when he was pulled over, he got surprise of his life, suspended...car towed and impounded. Cost him almost 400 bucks to get it out, plus the ticket and the appear with the magistrate to show that it was indeed an accident.
Magistrate said this happens all the time, and so did Dr. Hook.

Not sure if this is directly the case with Kane as without the details it is just wild speculation, but it could have very well been an oversight as much as any other wild speculation on our parts.



IFAIAC the red light cameras are good on paper...but now people just speed between them.
Sure cutting down on people running lights is great, but there are far too many drivers out there that hit pure panic mode the moment a light turns yellow that they flat spot their tires. I have almost rear ended many a person as they 2 foot their brakes the moment it goes yellow when they are almost into the intersection. Let me tell you, I travel at the proper distance behind, especially when I was driving a fully loaded 53' trailer...but man do people not know how much it sucks to be rear ended and get whiplash? I'd much rather take the chance on the light which does not go off as long as you are in the intersection before it turns red (and not speeding).
If someone two foots their brakes in front of you, you shouldn't almost rear-end them if you're travelling at a safe/proper distance. You should have enough space between you and the car in front of you to stop comfortably. I'm just saying that 90% of drivers tailgate, or follow too close. I can't count the number of times on the #1 that I see a car following another vehicle at 110kmh with 4 feet between them. Never mind two footing, all it would take is a tap on the brakes and both vehicles would be in the ditch, or worse.

Mud Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 12:39 AM
  #106
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!
 
Turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,853
vCash: 50
I have some unpaid parking tickets. Like a few months old.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 01:25 AM
  #107
ScreamingBuffalo
Registered User
 
ScreamingBuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Lawless would report Evander Kane leaving the bathroom and not washing his hands.

Why are people actually getting all riled up over this, who gives a ****.

ScreamingBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 01:52 AM
  #108
Snot Rocket
HF anti-tank squad
 
Snot Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 984
vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets Fan 64 View Post
If someone two foots their brakes in front of you, you shouldn't almost rear-end them if you're travelling at a safe/proper distance. You should have enough space between you and the car in front of you to stop comfortably. I'm just saying that 90% of drivers tailgate, or follow too close. I can't count the number of times on the #1 that I see a car following another vehicle at 110kmh with 4 feet between them. Never mind two footing, all it would take is a tap on the brakes and both vehicles would be in the ditch, or worse.
Yes, on the highway it is worse, leave the proper space and someone takes that as an invite to pass and slide on in.
When you count the flashing "Do not cross" hand it is supposed to go to a 15 count before changing to yellow, though many people are not aware of this.
You learn this trick driving truck, so you do NOT blow lights or make someone an accordian.
Drive 5+ days a week 8-14 hours a day and you come across a LOT of terrible drivers.
I think Hammer drives bus, he can atest to the state of drivers in this city.

Anyway, Kane got in poop over minor stuff, the details are not actually known, so really...what are we doing still in this thread? Guess the article did it's job and got people talking.
I swear they read these forums and then stir the pot just to watch us start swarming like wasps at the hive.

Snot Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:34 AM
  #109
HannuJ
Registered User
 
HannuJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronno
Posts: 1,917
vCash: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Except that he didn't forget his license, HE DIDN'T HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE and he was driving, big difference, nobody I know has ever done that, speaks of either ignorance or arrogance or both plus a lot of immaturity.
unless i missed something, the charge of not having a valid drivers license can mean that he didn't have one on him while driving.
it doesn't necessarily mean that he has never been issued a drivers license.
it could also mean that his license expired on June 30, he forgot to renew and it was July 2.

you just don't know.

HannuJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 07:55 AM
  #110
pateramus
Registered User
 
pateramus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 245
vCash: 450
I can't believe that this has generated 5 pages, lol.

pateramus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 08:12 AM
  #111
GermanJetsFan
Beaver Jedi
 
GermanJetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Darmstadt, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,503
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pateramus View Post
I can't believe that this has generated 5 pages, lol.
It's called summer

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 08:33 AM
  #112
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 24,445
vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogistewart View Post
you've never left your house w/o your driver's license?
by accident or on purpose?

i'm a responsible adult. i have a car, a mortgage, a wife, pets, ran two successful businesses. but i've done it.
you shift it out of your wallet when going to the bar. or it goes in your backpack or something. or you put it in your jeans and forget it and only realize a week later.

it wasn't like he was killing babies or pulling a Yashin.
He didn't forget his license, he doesn't have a vaild one. Can you see the difference??

BigTuna49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 09:37 AM
  #113
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,055
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogistewart View Post
unless i missed something, the charge of not having a valid drivers license can mean that he didn't have one on him while driving.
it doesn't necessarily mean that he has never been issued a drivers license.
it could also mean that his license expired on June 30, he forgot to renew and it was July 2.

you just don't know.
Really don't know how to explain this any easier for you to understand, HE DIDN'T HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE which in any locale precludes you from driving. What is so hard to understand dude?

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 09:39 AM
  #114
seasontixholder*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mom's Basement
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 2,120
vCash: 500
Problem with the red light cameras and mobile units are that they slow the city to a stand still. I spend alot of time in the US and lived in Calgary for a while. People are moving and I never see the accidents there like I do here. When there is an accident here, the province/city put up a traffic light. Come on, even Saskatchewan has 110 on the number 1. This province is back asswards.

seasontixholder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 09:49 AM
  #115
Howard Chuck
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Howard Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasontixholder View Post
Problem with the red light cameras and mobile units are that they slow the city to a stand still. I spend alot of time in the US and lived in Calgary for a while. People are moving and I never see the accidents there like I do here. When there is an accident here, the province/city put up a traffic light. Come on, even Saskatchewan has 110 on the number 1. This province is back asswards.
You mean like our "high speed corridor" down bishop grandin / route 90? You know, the one that has a stop light every few hundred feet?

I'm sometimes embarrassed of how this city is managed and planned (not managed/planned?)

Howard Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 10:02 AM
  #116
Jet
Moderator
More Finnz pls
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,331
vCash: 50
This thread needs to stay on topic or will be closed.

__________________
Go Jets Go!
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 11:09 AM
  #117
tacogeoff
Registered User
 
tacogeoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,790
vCash: 460
Meh, pretty weak news story.

I have already accepted the fact that Kane is not the brightest star while off the ice, but I only really care about what he does on the ice.


Last edited by tacogeoff: 09-06-2013 at 11:42 AM. Reason: hooked on phonics did not work for me.
tacogeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 11:35 AM
  #118
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,055
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Meh, pretty weak news story.

I have already excepted the fact that Kane is not the brightest star while off the ice, but I only really care about what he does on the ice.
Your right Ziggy, ultimately it's what he does on the ice that really matters.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 11:37 AM
  #119
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,693
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
I have some unpaid parking tickets. Like a few months old.

As long as you are not young, rich, can skate like the wind, hit like a small car, and have a killer wrist shot don't worry about it you won't make the news

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 12:19 PM
  #120
jetsfan8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
Anyone know why he got pulled over the 2nd time? Can't figure out if the license is suspended if they didn't have a reason to pull him over?

Black in a nice car?
because his plates were not valud and he had an invalid license
any cop would be all over that, no matter what colour the drier is

his $300,000 luxury car is probably why the cop ran his plates

jetsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 01:42 PM
  #121
Duir
Registered Bunk
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney Regan View Post
Photo radar and intersection cameras are a deterrent.
I definitely run far less yellow (orange) lights and no longer speed up to make it through a intersection before the light changes. I know plenty of others who have also changed their habits.

I pay much more attention to the posted speed limits in the city, especially when gong through construction zones.

Ironically the people that the cameras and photo radar have effected the most are the police themselves. They get tickets for driving too fast and running red lights now just like the rest of us. In the past they would never have gotten a ticket if pulled over.

Yes these automated systems bring in a lot of money. In my opinion that is win win. A tax on the stupid that anyone can avoid if they want to follow the driving laws and at the same time it keeps traffic speeds honest.
I would love for you to explain to me how on earth you would ever know that and what you have to back that up.

Duir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 01:44 PM
  #122
Duir
Registered Bunk
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogistewart View Post
unless i missed something, the charge of not having a valid drivers license can mean that he didn't have one on him while driving.
it doesn't necessarily mean that he has never been issued a drivers license.
it could also mean that his license expired on June 30, he forgot to renew and it was July 2.

you just don't know.
Nope, different charge. That would be failing to produce a licence. Often times driving with an invalid licence is people forgetting to renew so you are right on the last point.

Duir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 02:16 PM
  #123
Tintin's Ghost
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 500
If stuff like this keeps showing up in Winnipeg media then I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Kane bolts for the KHL after this year and reneges on his contract. I think deep down inside Evander feels he still has something to prove in the Russian league.

Tintin's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 02:30 PM
  #124
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
If stuff like this keeps showing up in Winnipeg media then I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Kane bolts for the KHL after this year and reneges on his contract. I think deep down inside Evander feels he still has something to prove in the Russian league.
Honestly, it would show up in the Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Ottawa, and perhaps even Montreal and Toronto. And even in Saskatoon, if they were ever big enough to support an NHL team, it would show up there too.

Wish people would get off this "it's a Winnipeg thing" ********. I can't stand that mentality.

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 02:42 PM
  #125
Tintin's Ghost
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Honestly, it would show up in the Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Ottawa, and perhaps even Montreal and Toronto. And even in Saskatoon, if they were ever big enough to support an NHL team, it would show up there too.

Wish people would get off this "it's a Winnipeg thing" ********. I can't stand that mentality.
I think it's obvious my post was done in jest. I don't actually think Kane bolts to Russia. But I respect how much you like your city. It must be a Winnipeg thing.

Tintin's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.