HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Rookie camp roster (September 5-9)

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Remember last year when Kadri "wasn't in shape".

I'm going to reserve judgement until after the first few minutes of ice time during the rookie camp.

Plus, like Whitesnake said...it's Gaston freaking Therrien. The guy who thought Grigorenko was better since he got more ice time on the PP than Galchenyuk.
I Kadri's case it was absolutely true.

He was brutal for the first 15 games or so until he played himself into shape.

Old
09-06-2013, 12:31 PM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Gaston Therrien is awful and TSN should be ashamed they gave him a segment.
explain what he said that was awful.

Old
09-06-2013, 12:35 PM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Remember last year when Kadri "wasn't in shape".

I'm going to reserve judgement until after the first few minutes of ice time during the rookie camp.

Plus, like Whitesnake said...it's Gaston freaking Therrien. The guy who thought Grigorenko was better since he got more ice time on the PP than Galchenyuk.
He said much more than that by the way. In french "en forme" is not necessarily only physical shape.

Old
09-06-2013, 12:37 PM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
Inviting Beaulieu to a golf tournament is never a good idea...
lol.

Old
09-06-2013, 12:37 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
explain what he said that was awful.
Everything he has ever said in the history of his segment on TSN-Habs. I am not even exaggerating.

Old
09-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
He said much more than that by the way. In french "en forme" is not necessarily only physical shape.
Please explain that one to me. You think he meant en forme meaning looking great? No 'cause for that, he also added another report about other players that said...

Quote:
Bon pour un 1er entraînement : de la vitesse et du talent; Bozon, Fucale, McCarron, Andrighetto, Tinordi et Ellis ont bien fait.
Therrien also added those statements...

Quote:
- Beaulieu a beaucoup de talent , il doit comprendre que le talent va avec le travail
- sauf qu'à la fin du camp , il sera peut être trop tard . non j'adore ce joueur , mais la forme physique doit être là au début du camp pas à la fin.
So please, again, tell me how "en forme" means more than physical shape....By the way, he might very well be out of shape...but there has to be more than that when you give reports to people....

Old
09-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Hullois

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Everything he has ever said in the history of his segment on TSN-Habs. I am not even exaggerating.
I have to change the channel whenever he goes to explain something on his stupid board on l'Antichambre.

He is so useless

Old
09-06-2013, 12:52 PM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Please explain that one to me. You think he meant en forme meaning looking great? No 'cause for that, he also added another report about other players that said...

Therrien also added those statements...

So please, again, tell me how "en forme" means more than physical shape....By the way, he might very well be out of shape...but there has to be more than that when you give reports to people....
it could mean mental shape. he mentioned he might be a little bit disturbed with the events this summer. I don't see the problem with anything he said. His impression is that he did not look as good today as he was expecting, based on what he saw of him in the past, and with his potential he thinks he can do better. WTF is wrong with that?

Old
09-06-2013, 12:54 PM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
I have to change the channel whenever he goes to explain something on his stupid board on l'Antichambre.

He is so useless
then change the channel and stop whining. listen to pj stock and glenn healy on tsn instead. real hockey minds....

Old
09-06-2013, 12:56 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
then change the channel and stop whining. listen to pj stock and glenn healy on tsn instead. real hockey minds....
Those 2 are on CBC, not TSN.

Old
09-06-2013, 12:57 PM
onice

Quote:
Was that a brain cramp or a fart?

Old
09-06-2013, 01:02 PM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Was that a brain cramp or a fart?
both my bad!

Old
09-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
it could mean mental shape. he mentioned he might be a little bit disturbed with the events this summer. I don't see the problem with anything he said. His impression is that he did not look as good today as he was expecting, based on what he saw of him in the past, and with his potential he thinks he can do better. WTF is wrong with that?
Did you read everything I wrote or concentrating in trying to not see it? "MAIS LA FORME PHYSIQUE DOIT ÊTRE LÀ DU DÉBUT JUSQU'À LA FIN".....where's the mental here?

WTF is wrong is that there some neat reports from him when after 24 minutes of the first practice, he had already established that Beaulieu isn't in shape. 24 minutes....how the heck did Beaulieu succeeded in staying on the ice for another hour? Any reports about him in the hospital? Honestly though, this was not his funniest statement....I loved the " les jeunes patinent , mais c’est dans les matchs qu’ils vont prouver leurs valeurs". I mean, you had to be there to write this up....I guess I was expecting too much coming from GT....my mistake.

Old
09-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Yep

Quote:
I think Gaston Therrien is a really dedicated and honest person, but his "analyzes" and "opinions" are so void of anything interesting, it make me wish he would be replaced by a colorful stuffed puppet named Gaston and voiced by Whitesnake (or any knowledgeable HF poster).

Really.

Old
09-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Pyrrr

Came in here for info about the rookie camp, stumbled upon a Gaston Therrien bashing thread.

Old
09-06-2013, 01:11 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Did you read everything I wrote or concentrating in trying to not see it? "MAIS LA FORME PHYSIQUE DOIT ÊTRE LÀ DU DÉBUT JUSQU'À LA FIN".....where's the mental here?

WTF is wrong is that there some neat reports from him when after 24 minutes of the first practice, he had already established that Beaulieu isn't in shape. 24 minutes....how the heck did Beaulieu succeeded in staying on the ice for another hour? Any reports about him in the hospital? Honestly though, this was not his funniest statement....I loved the " les jeunes patinent , mais c’est dans les matchs qu’ils vont prouver leurs valeurs". I mean, you had to be there to write this up....I guess I was expecting too much coming from GT....my mistake.
In all honesty, as dumb as he might be sometimes, GT still has some connections within the organisation and he probably was told that Beaulieu didn't ace the physical tests. That probably altered his evaluations of Beaulieu right from the start. Saying it after 24 minutes practice sounds a bit stupid I would agree...

Old
09-06-2013, 01:55 PM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:

his full comments were on rds I summarized everything.

Old
09-06-2013, 01:57 PM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:

Can you tell on any given night if a player is n his game or not after the first period? obviously not all the time but you get a really good idea.

Old
09-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Can you tell on any given night if a player is n his game or not after the first period? obviously not all the time but you get a really good idea.
There's a big difference between a camp (especially when doing drills) than a game...

Old
09-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

I asked my buddy who spends all his lunch hours at rookie camp (he works next door) and he tells me Nathan Beaulieu is looking muscular. In his opinion he is looking fit, with especially a strong upper-body. My friend>>Gaston (not hard to beat Gaston)

Old
09-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Be a Hab

Who give's a **** about GT ! He's an idiot whatever ..

How is Tinordi doing? I hope he start's the year with Montreal. There are some real good veterans d on are team this year like Murray and Markov he could really look up too insted of spending an other year in the AHL.

Old
09-06-2013, 02:46 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be a Hab View Post
Who give's a **** about GT ! He's an idiot whatever ..

How is Tinordi doing? I hope he start's the year with Montreal. There are some real good veterans d on are team this year like Murray and Markov he could really look up too insted of spending an other year in the AHL.
Everything I've read from twitter suggests Tinordi is head and shoulders (literally and figuratively) above everyone else.

Old
09-06-2013, 03:15 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Everything I've read from twitter suggests Tinordi is head and shoulders (literally and figuratively) above everyone else.
The more NHL ready he is the better. Still would like him to round out his game more with the Dogs. Learn to be more physical and maybe put up some points. I was very impressed with his shot and how he handled the puck.

Old
09-06-2013, 03:19 PM
merlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrrr View Post
Came in here for info about the rookie camp, stumbled upon a Gaston Therrien bashing thread.
agreed, I will revisit later trusting we actually get back on the training camp reports subject.

P.S. not sure GT deserves all that hate. He did play hockey and knows how to judge player performances....may not come out in the best of ways but the intention is there.... so I actually got pulled in the GT debate after all......

Old
09-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Be a Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
The more NHL ready he is the better. Still would like him to round out his game more with the Dogs. Learn to be more physical and maybe put up some points. I was very impressed with his shot and how he handled the puck.
He's pretty physical already. He defenatly is big and strong enough to compete at the NHL level. I say let him learn in the NHL. It's not like he was completly lost out there last year sure he made mistakes but I really think that letting him play with the big club would be the best thing for he's growth has a player. Let's see what he can do during trainningcamp and preseason.

Closed Thread