HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 Rookie camp roster (September 5-9)

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2013, 03:21 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be a Hab View Post
He's pretty physical already. He defenatly is big and strong enough to compete at the NHL level. I say let him learn in the NHL. It's not like he was completly lost out there last year sure he made mistakes but I really think that letting him play with the big club would be the best thing for he's growth has a player. Let's see what he can do during trainningcamp and preseason.
Imo he's not overly physical and for his size he lacks strength. Yes he can compete at the NHL level but I would prefer they not rush him.

Old
09-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Hullois

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Imo he's not overly physical and for his size he lacks strength. Yes he can compete at the NHL level but I would prefer they not rush him.
They should give him a taste of the real regular season grind in the NHL until Emelin returns and then send him to play 25+ minutes a game and dominate the AHL.

Old
09-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Draft

All signs point towards Murray taking Emelin's spot in the lineup. Personally, I'd rather depend on Bouillon's 1st pass and (limited) playmaking abilities than "Off-the-glass-and-out" Tinordi on our bottom pairing. If he's dominant at the AHL level for half a season, it gives us options to move players at the deadline or when Emelin comes back. No need to rush him or over-hype his abilities.

Old
09-06-2013, 03:37 PM
MrNasty

"Beaulieu spent the summer living in Montreal and training with Pierre Allard, the Habs' strength and conditioning coach in Brossard."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=431293

Old
09-06-2013, 03:37 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
They should give him a taste of the real regular season grind in the NHL until Emelin returns and then send him to play 25+ minutes a game and dominate the AHL.
Perhaps they will, I wouldn't do that unless he has an outstanding camp. Imo since he's a big key to our future, I would rather see them take their time with him and bring him along slowly. Getting some games in at some point though should be good for him, but I think he would benefit from playing a ton in the AHL under no pressure.

Old
09-06-2013, 03:59 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin View Post
agreed, I will revisit later trusting we actually get back on the training camp reports subject.

P.S. not sure GT deserves all that hate. He did play hockey and knows how to judge player performances....may not come out in the best of ways but the intention is there.... so I actually got pulled in the GT debate after all......
Of course he doesnt deserve such hate, he did kill anyone.. But I understand the fans to be frustrated since everything he says is futile and uninteresting..

Old
09-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Tyson

Tinordi and Beaulieu are both NHL ready. Habs have superb depth on the blue line. If Tinordi and Beaulieu both start in Hamilton I will be ok with it because they both will dominate. Ellis and Pateryn should also be very good and Dietz will surprise and move up the depth chart quickly.

Old
09-06-2013, 04:14 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
"Beaulieu spent the summer living in Montreal and training with Pierre Allard, the Habs' strength and conditioning coach in Brossard."

Nice, that's some good news. The kid was getting a bit away and they surrounded him well. Beaulieu is extremely important for this team to reach the next step. He has to somewhat fill in Markov's role. Maybe a bit less cerebral but much faster/stronger game.

Old
09-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Quote:

but but but Gaston Therrien said he was out of shape and had a DQ Blizzard in his back pocket.

Old
09-06-2013, 04:33 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Tinordi is a lock to make the big club IMO, probably even playing top 4 with Markov. He has an advantage being able to play RD, the position needed to fill with Emelin out.

And unless another dmen is brought in, with Emelin hurt, we have 7 dmen, and Mtl likes to carry 8 dmen.

How I think it's going to turn out

Gorges Subban
Markov Tindori
Murray Daiz
Bouillon DD44

Old
09-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Tinordi is a lock to make the big club IMO, probably even playing top 4 with Markov. He has an advantage being able to play RD, the position needed to fill with Emelin out.

And unless another dmen is brought in, with Emelin hurt, we have 7 dmen, and Mtl likes to carry 8 dmen.

Gorges Subban
Markov Tindori
Murray Daiz
Bouillon DD44
I like this.

Did u guys see Bozon on RDS?

They said he was in MTL training all summer with Allard and i can we why...he looks much bigger.

Old
09-06-2013, 05:06 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:

Gorges Subban
Markov Tindori
Murray Daiz
Bouillon DD44
I sincerely doubt they're gonna scratch Bouillon.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
09-06-2013, 05:09 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
I like this.

Did u guys see Bozon on RDS?

They said he was in MTL training all summer with Allard and i can we why...he looks much bigger.
Didnt watch, but there is an interview with Bozon on the canadiens site, doesn't show much, he is listed at 6'1 192, size doesn't seem to be an issue, plus he is still young and got another year of juniors I believe.

Maybe your talking about Beaulieu, because he said he stayed and trained in Mtl all summer, Bealieau is listed at 191, not bad seeing how he was listed at around 182 last year.

IMO Beaulieu still needs another year in the AHL, maybe late in the season he might be ready like Tinordi last year, but IMO he starts in the AHL for sure.

While they started in the AHL at the same thing, Tinordi had an extra year in developement, Bealieau actually start the year in the AHL being one of the youngest players at 19.

With Markov and Daiz in their final year and pending UFA IMO Bealieau is taking one of their spots for sure next year, and maybe even sooner if he impress in the AHL.

Old
09-06-2013, 05:17 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I sincerely doubt they're gonna scratch Bouillon.
Maybe he'll split time with Murray depending on the matchup, as things stand now, I see Tinordi making the team, and they will not keep him up in the NHL to sit in the pressbox.

We have 7 healthy dmen, unless 1 more is added, one of the young dmen is making the club, and I highly doubt they are going to sit a young guy. Last year whenever they called up Tinordi, Beaulieu, Paterny, they played them over veteran guys.

Also not that it means much, but Tinordi along with Galchenyuk and Gallagher where the only young guys that got invited to the golf tourney.

Old
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 309
Quote:
Didnt watch, but there is an interview with Bozon on the canadiens site, doesn't show much, he is listed at 6'1 192, size doesn't seem to be an issue, plus he is still young and got another year of juniors I believe.

Maybe your talking about Beaulieu, because he said he stayed and trained in Mtl all summer, Bealieau is listed at 191, not bad seeing how he was listed at around 182 last year.
http://www.rds.ca/vid%C3%A9os/grossir-l-avenir-1.657001

Skip to 2:20, its Bozon.

Old
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
In all honesty, as dumb as he might be sometimes, GT still has some connections within the organisation and he probably was told that Beaulieu didn't ace the physical tests. That probably altered his evaluations of Beaulieu right from the start. Saying it after 24 minutes practice sounds a bit stupid I would agree...
If he is so connected, why didn't he know that Beaulieu moved to Montreal for the summer to work full time with the Habs conditioning coach at Brassard.

He is in shape.

Old
09-06-2013, 05:20 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Maybe he'll split time with Murray depending on the matchup, as things stand now, I see Tinordi making the team, and they will not keep him up in the NHL to sit in the pressbox.

We have 7 healthy dmen, unless 1 more is added, one of the young dmen is making the club, and I highly doubt they are going to sit a young guy. Last year whenever they called up Tinordi, Beaulieu, Paterny, they played them over veteran guys.

Also not that it means much, but Tinordi along with Galchenyuk and Gallagher where the only young guys that got invited to the golf tourney.
To add..

Where does Who plays with Markov?

Do you go with Markov Subban Gorges Daiz top 4?

With Murray and Bouillon 3rd Pairing?

Murray can't play RD, and they tried Bouillon at RD last year and it didnt work, to the point where they had a rookie Tinordi play RD instead.

Old
09-06-2013, 05:24 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Thanks for the video

Old
09-06-2013, 05:29 PM
macavoy

Quote:

Figured I would get beaten to it considering I only read up to page 5.

Old
09-06-2013, 05:30 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
2:20 in that video is McCarron for me. Weird.

edit: I see Bozon at 4:17 ish

Old
09-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Gally11

There was a video earlier this summer where Beaulieu said he was in best shape he's ever been in because he was training in MTL during off season... I think it was the development camp... He also added a lot of muscle he said. Sometimes just takes a few games to get your legs under you.

edit: found it

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...ed-share-video

**** gaston

Old
09-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Gaston l'osti d'con. Do you like this nickname, guys?

Guys?

Old
09-06-2013, 07:03 PM

Never liked Gaston. Ship him to TVA Sports when Quebec gets their team.

Old
09-06-2013, 07:16 PM
EveryDay
Habs Prospect

RDS DREAM TEAM

Therrien-Raymond-Gelinas

Gagnon-PJ Stock

Le Baron

Old
09-06-2013, 07:19 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist
Master Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Gaston l'osti d'con. Do you like this nickname, guys?

Guys?

That's way too mean. I hate it.

Closed Thread