HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Traverse City Tournament 2013

Old
09-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 500
#LindbergKristo2013

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:13 PM
PIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusty View Post
Well, I'm glad the top line is looking like actually offensive threats! One more game where they play without expectations!
Kristo is 23. Lindberg is 21 with pro experience. They should be expected to dominate at this level.

PIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:32 PM
PIM

Haha, not sure if I understand what the Pooh Crew has to do with this.. Am I wrong?

Old
09-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIM View Post
Haha, not sure if I understand what the Pooh Crew has to do with this.. Am I wrong?
Eeyore is always mopey.

If two prospects from his favorite team had strong performances, he would find a reason to be morose about it.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Kristo is 23. Lindberg is 21 with pro experience. They should be expected to dominate at this level.
why criticize good work? Im excited to see what both of these kids can do in camp. If Lindberg cracks the lineup who the heck hits the wing? BR, Stepan, Brassard,Moore.............Boyle is likely already a winger

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:36 PM
PIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Eeyore is always mopey.

If two prospects from his favorite team had strong performances, he would find a reason to be morose about it.
Ohh gotcha. I'm not morose. I'm glad they're both performing well. I just don't think beating on a bunch of 18 year olds makes them even close to NHL ready... I like to temper expectations, because well I'm a Rangers fan and I know better.

Old
09-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Ohh gotcha. I'm not morose. I'm glad they're both performing well. I just don't think beating on a bunch of 18 year olds makes them even close to NHL ready... I like to temper expectations, because well I'm a Rangers fan and I know better.
And no one said it did.

But performing well at any level sure beats performing poorly.

Old
09-06-2013, 06:50 PM
PIM

Quote:
And no one said it did.

But performing well at any level sure beats performing poorly.
Huh? You're a confrontational one. I responded to a post that said they looked like offensive threats. They're playing below their level, so there's really nothing signifying that they're surefire offensive threats against proper competition.

It should be a given that they're producing during this tournament. These are 2 of our best call up options on the NHL team if Cally and Hags are still sidelined to start the season. If they couldn't produce against 18 year olds, that would be a big talking point. The fact that they are isn't really a sign that they're actually offensive threats. I was just trying to infuse some perspective.

Old
09-06-2013, 06:51 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Happy to hear some of our boys are doing well in the tournament. Would be even happier if I could see it with my own eyes

Let's see what Kristo and Lindberg can do at camp. I hope they turn some heads and push some guys out. Let's get younger.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Still good to see. A lot of players are expected to do many thing but do not do those thingsz

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Happy to hear some of our boys are doing well in the tournament. Would be even happier if I could see it with my own eyes

Let's see what Kristo and Lindberg can do at camp. I hope they turn some heads and push some guys out. Let's get younger.
I agree with you and user Barbara Underhill, we should try to push Nash out.

Old
09-06-2013, 06:55 PM
PIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusty View Post
Still good to see. A lot of players are expected to do many thing but do not do those thingsz
Oh absolutely, but I'd sort of say it's more "fine" to see. If Nieves was in this tournament and he was putting up numbers, that would be good to see. You know what I mean?

Old
09-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Oh absolutely, but I'd sort of say it's more "fine" to see. If Nieves was in this tournament and he was putting up numbers, that would be good to see. You know what I mean?
So is there any performance that you would consider good? Or is it just bad or neutral?

Does anyone have Dubinsky's stats from his Traverse City tourney, btw?

Old
09-06-2013, 07:26 PM
PIM

Quote:
So is there any performance that you would consider good? Or is it just bad or neutral?

Does anyone have Dubinsky's stats from his Traverse City tourney, btw?
Oh I'm not saying there's anything wrong or bad with the top line's performance. I don't know why you want to argue with me so badly, lol. They're doing as I'd expect them to do given the circumstances. There's nothing to celebrate, or even talk about. It's just what should be happening.

Old
09-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Green Blob*

Well after 2 games (i know, i know, its just 2 games), Lindberg is 1st among all players in goals (4), and tied in 1st in points with 4. Kristo and 3 other players are tied with him with 4 points. Though its debatable that Kristo also got another assist today that wasn't given to him so he might be first in points with 5.

Team stinks, but at least the players we want to play well are playing well.

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 07:39 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post

Team stinks, but at least the players we want to play well are playing well.
This is essentially what matters.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 07:41 PM
TheRightWay

Quote:
Oh I'm not saying there's anything wrong or bad with the top line's performance. I don't know why you want to argue with me so badly, lol. They're doing as I'd expect them to do given the circumstances. There's nothing to celebrate, or even talk about. It's just what should be happening.
You're the one being argumentative. Nobody said anything correlating their success at Traverse City to them being superstar NHL players. It was pointed out that Lindberg and Kristo have performed well through two games. Which they have. That's it.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

This is probably the weakest team we've sent to Traverse IMO, but that's not a shot at the players really quite a few of them are young and most of our better prospects aren't eligible or are in college and can't go.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
This is probably the weakest team we've sent to Traverse IMO, but that's not a shot at the players really quite a few of them are young and most of our better prospects aren't eligible or are in college and can't go.
No depth. Not a lot of utilizable big bodies either.

Old
09-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

i wonder if Graves and Leroux will get signed to AHL deals..

both players are only 20 years old and maybe it could be a diamond in the rough a few years down the road.. Orr was signed by Bruins as a younger player before claimed by Rangers.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 07:56 PM
PIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
You're the one being argumentative. Nobody said anything correlating their success at Traverse City to them being superstar NHL players. It was pointed out that Lindberg and Kristo have performed well through two games. Which they have. That's it.
So calling them offensive threats was meant to be interpreted as "offensive threats against scrubs?" I wasn't trying to argue, I was trying to point out that expectations need to be tempered and the circumstances need to be taken into account.

You realize that Lindberg and Kristo aren't Nieves, right? They're not going to be playing NCAA for the next 3-4 years, these guys are on the shortlist of NHL callups. It would be a complete travesty if they weren't performing. Nothing about them producing against kids makes them offensive threats in situations that actually matter, as likely NHL callups.

These guys producing against kids and scrubs and celebrating it, is like celebrating that the sky is blue. This isn't contentious at all and I'm honestly confused by the fact that I have to explain it.

Old
09-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Here's the SabresTV highlights of BUF's 6-5 OT win over NYR. <4:01>

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 08:17 PM
TheRightWay

Quote:
So calling them offensive threats was meant to be interpreted as "offensive threats against scrubs?" I wasn't trying to argue, I was trying to point out that expectations need to be tempered and the circumstances need to be taken into account.

You realize that Lindberg and Kristo aren't Nieves, right? They're not going to be playing NCAA for the next 3-4 years, these guys are on the shortlist of NHL callups. It would be a complete travesty if they weren't performing. Nothing about them producing against kids makes them offensive threats in situations that actually matter, as likely NHL callups.

These guys producing against kids and scrubs and celebrating it, is like celebrating that the sky is blue. This isn't contentious at all and I'm honestly confused by the fact that I have to explain it.
Jesus Christ dude. I'll repeat. All anyone said was that they have been producing in these games. Nobody said, "wow, these two games sure have shown that Lindberg and Kristo are going to be superstars." All that was said was that they have performed well in these games. Regardless of whether it was against the 1985 Oilers or the Charlestown Chiefs, it happened. Nobody is drawing conclusions from it.

England faced Moldova today in World Cup Qualifying and not winning would have been laughably pathetic. Does that mean the fans sat there unresponsive after every England goal? No, they still stood up and clapped and cheered regardless of the fact that it was "supposed" to happen. The idea that we have to be emotionless drones is ****ing stupid. We can be mildly happy that these guys are playing well in these games regardless of their long-term implications.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:

Why so argumentative?

Hagelin had a disappointing Traverse City but was in the NHL months later.

Old
09-06-2013, 08:22 PM
PIM

Alright, alright, fair enough. Sorry guys. Can we still be friends?