HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Traverse City Tournament 2013

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-06-2013, 05:59 PM
  #601
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 17,509
vCash: 500
#LindbergKristo2013

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:13 PM
  #602
PIM
Registered User
 
PIM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusty View Post
Well, I'm glad the top line is looking like actually offensive threats! One more game where they play without expectations!
Kristo is 23. Lindberg is 21 with pro experience. They should be expected to dominate at this level.

PIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:32 PM
  #603
PIM
Registered User
 
PIM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Haha, not sure if I understand what the Pooh Crew has to do with this.. Am I wrong?

PIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:35 PM
  #604
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIM View Post
Haha, not sure if I understand what the Pooh Crew has to do with this.. Am I wrong?
Eeyore is always mopey.

If two prospects from his favorite team had strong performances, he would find a reason to be morose about it.

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:35 PM
  #605
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIM View Post
Kristo is 23. Lindberg is 21 with pro experience. They should be expected to dominate at this level.
why criticize good work? Im excited to see what both of these kids can do in camp. If Lindberg cracks the lineup who the heck hits the wing? BR, Stepan, Brassard,Moore.............Boyle is likely already a winger

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:36 PM
  #606
PIM
Registered User
 
PIM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Eeyore is always mopey.

If two prospects from his favorite team had strong performances, he would find a reason to be morose about it.
Ohh gotcha. I'm not morose. I'm glad they're both performing well. I just don't think beating on a bunch of 18 year olds makes them even close to NHL ready... I like to temper expectations, because well I'm a Rangers fan and I know better.

PIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:39 PM
  #607
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIM View Post
Ohh gotcha. I'm not morose. I'm glad they're both performing well. I just don't think beating on a bunch of 18 year olds makes them even close to NHL ready... I like to temper expectations, because well I'm a Rangers fan and I know better.
And no one said it did.

But performing well at any level sure beats performing poorly.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:50 PM
  #608
PIM
Registered User
 
PIM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
And no one said it did.

But performing well at any level sure beats performing poorly.
Huh? You're a confrontational one. I responded to a post that said they looked like offensive threats. They're playing below their level, so there's really nothing signifying that they're surefire offensive threats against proper competition.

It should be a given that they're producing during this tournament. These are 2 of our best call up options on the NHL team if Cally and Hags are still sidelined to start the season. If they couldn't produce against 18 year olds, that would be a big talking point. The fact that they are isn't really a sign that they're actually offensive threats. I was just trying to infuse some perspective.

PIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:51 PM
  #609
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,285
vCash: 500
Happy to hear some of our boys are doing well in the tournament. Would be even happier if I could see it with my own eyes

Let's see what Kristo and Lindberg can do at camp. I hope they turn some heads and push some guys out. Let's get younger.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:52 PM
  #610
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIM View Post
Kristo is 23. Lindberg is 21 with pro experience. They should be expected to dominate at this level.
Still good to see. A lot of players are expected to do many thing but do not do those thingsz

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:54 PM
  #611
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Happy to hear some of our boys are doing well in the tournament. Would be even happier if I could see it with my own eyes

Let's see what Kristo and Lindberg can do at camp. I hope they turn some heads and push some guys out. Let's get younger.
I agree with you and user Barbara Underhill, we should try to push Nash out.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 06:55 PM
  #612
PIM
Registered User
 
PIM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusty View Post
Still good to see. A lot of players are expected to do many thing but do not do those thingsz
Oh absolutely, but I'd sort of say it's more "fine" to see. If Nieves was in this tournament and he was putting up numbers, that would be good to see. You know what I mean?

PIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 07:19 PM
  #613
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIM View Post
Oh absolutely, but I'd sort of say it's more "fine" to see. If Nieves was in this tournament and he was putting up numbers, that would be good to see. You know what I mean?
So is there any performance that you would consider good? Or is it just bad or neutral?

Does anyone have Dubinsky's stats from his Traverse City tourney, btw?

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 07:26 PM
  #614
PIM
Registered User
 
PIM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
So is there any performance that you would consider good? Or is it just bad or neutral?

Does anyone have Dubinsky's stats from his Traverse City tourney, btw?
Oh I'm not saying there's anything wrong or bad with the top line's performance. I don't know why you want to argue with me so badly, lol. They're doing as I'd expect them to do given the circumstances. There's nothing to celebrate, or even talk about. It's just what should be happening.

PIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 07:34 PM
  #615
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
Well after 2 games (i know, i know, its just 2 games), Lindberg is 1st among all players in goals (4), and tied in 1st in points with 4. Kristo and 3 other players are tied with him with 4 points. Though its debatable that Kristo also got another assist today that wasn't given to him so he might be first in points with 5.

Team stinks, but at least the players we want to play well are playing well.

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 07:39 PM
  #616
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post

Team stinks, but at least the players we want to play well are playing well.
This is essentially what matters.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 07:41 PM
  #617
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIM View Post
Oh I'm not saying there's anything wrong or bad with the top line's performance. I don't know why you want to argue with me so badly, lol. They're doing as I'd expect them to do given the circumstances. There's nothing to celebrate, or even talk about. It's just what should be happening.
You're the one being argumentative. Nobody said anything correlating their success at Traverse City to them being superstar NHL players. It was pointed out that Lindberg and Kristo have performed well through two games. Which they have. That's it.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 07:42 PM
  #618
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,141
vCash: 500
This is probably the weakest team we've sent to Traverse IMO, but that's not a shot at the players really quite a few of them are young and most of our better prospects aren't eligible or are in college and can't go.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 07:52 PM
  #619
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
This is probably the weakest team we've sent to Traverse IMO, but that's not a shot at the players really quite a few of them are young and most of our better prospects aren't eligible or are in college and can't go.
No depth. Not a lot of utilizable big bodies either.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 07:54 PM
  #620
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
i wonder if Graves and Leroux will get signed to AHL deals..



both players are only 20 years old and maybe it could be a diamond in the rough a few years down the road.. Orr was signed by Bruins as a younger player before claimed by Rangers.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 07:56 PM
  #621
PIM
Registered User
 
PIM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
You're the one being argumentative. Nobody said anything correlating their success at Traverse City to them being superstar NHL players. It was pointed out that Lindberg and Kristo have performed well through two games. Which they have. That's it.
So calling them offensive threats was meant to be interpreted as "offensive threats against scrubs?" I wasn't trying to argue, I was trying to point out that expectations need to be tempered and the circumstances need to be taken into account.

You realize that Lindberg and Kristo aren't Nieves, right? They're not going to be playing NCAA for the next 3-4 years, these guys are on the shortlist of NHL callups. It would be a complete travesty if they weren't performing. Nothing about them producing against kids makes them offensive threats in situations that actually matter, as likely NHL callups.

These guys producing against kids and scrubs and celebrating it, is like celebrating that the sky is blue. This isn't contentious at all and I'm honestly confused by the fact that I have to explain it.

PIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 08:15 PM
  #622
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,844
vCash: 500
Here's the SabresTV highlights of BUF's 6-5 OT win over NYR. <4:01>

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 08:17 PM
  #623
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIM View Post
So calling them offensive threats was meant to be interpreted as "offensive threats against scrubs?" I wasn't trying to argue, I was trying to point out that expectations need to be tempered and the circumstances need to be taken into account.

You realize that Lindberg and Kristo aren't Nieves, right? They're not going to be playing NCAA for the next 3-4 years, these guys are on the shortlist of NHL callups. It would be a complete travesty if they weren't performing. Nothing about them producing against kids makes them offensive threats in situations that actually matter, as likely NHL callups.

These guys producing against kids and scrubs and celebrating it, is like celebrating that the sky is blue. This isn't contentious at all and I'm honestly confused by the fact that I have to explain it.
Jesus Christ dude. I'll repeat. All anyone said was that they have been producing in these games. Nobody said, "wow, these two games sure have shown that Lindberg and Kristo are going to be superstars." All that was said was that they have performed well in these games. Regardless of whether it was against the 1985 Oilers or the Charlestown Chiefs, it happened. Nobody is drawing conclusions from it.

England faced Moldova today in World Cup Qualifying and not winning would have been laughably pathetic. Does that mean the fans sat there unresponsive after every England goal? No, they still stood up and clapped and cheered regardless of the fact that it was "supposed" to happen. The idea that we have to be emotionless drones is ****ing stupid. We can be mildly happy that these guys are playing well in these games regardless of their long-term implications.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 08:19 PM
  #624
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIM View Post
So calling them offensive threats was meant to be interpreted as "offensive threats against scrubs?" I wasn't trying to argue, I was trying to point out that expectations need to be tempered and the circumstances need to be taken into account.

You realize that Lindberg and Kristo aren't Nieves, right? They're not going to be playing NCAA for the next 3-4 years, these guys are on the shortlist of NHL callups. It would be a complete travesty if they weren't performing. Nothing about them producing against kids makes them offensive threats in situations that actually matter, as likely NHL callups.

These guys producing against kids and scrubs and celebrating it, is like celebrating that the sky is blue. This isn't contentious at all and I'm honestly confused by the fact that I have to explain it.
Why so argumentative?

Hagelin had a disappointing Traverse City but was in the NHL months later.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 08:22 PM
  #625
PIM
Registered User
 
PIM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Alright, alright, fair enough. Sorry guys. Can we still be friends?

PIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.