*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2013 Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Harky121

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjziel View Post
I don't know about you guys and I know he may be a little injury prone, but what about Slater Koekkoek from Windsor?? Listen though, he is definitely an upgrade however, from Miles Liberati and could be our Bryan Rodney type of defensemen from 05. I say we could trade him for 2 second round pick in 2015 from BAR and the 2017 second round pick, plus Miles Liberati. Then we trade Jammes, MacDonald, Welychka, and 2 second picks when we trade Patterson to Guelph for Brendan Gaunce and Brady Austin.

So as a result, we end up with an extremely stacked team with 7 NHL first round picks!!

Max Domi (2013 NHL 1st Round Pick)
Bo Horvat (2013 NHL 1st Round Pick)
Michael McCarron (2013 NHL 1st Round Pick)
Nikita Zadorov (2013 NHL 1st Round Pick)
Olli Maatta (2012 NHL 1st Round Pick)
Brendan Gaunce (2012 NHL 1st Round Pick)
Slater Koekkoek (2012 NHL 1st Round Pick)
Remi Elie (2013 NHL 2nd Round Pick)
Chris Tierney (2012 NHL 2nd Round Pick)
Anthony Stolarz (2012 NHL 2nd Round Pick)
Kyle Platzer (2013 NHL 4th Round Pick)
Josh Anderson (2012 NHL 4th Round Pick)
Ryan Rupert (2012 NHL 6th Round Pick)
*Alex Broadhurst (2012 NHL 7th Round Pick)
*Seth Griffith (2012 NHL 5th Round Pick)

*indicates over-ager who could be returned to the OHL.

This is a stacked roster and this is definitely attainable if Mark Hunter is willing. I do not know if he will, but its a dam good roster for bringing home the Memorial Cup!!
Your not getting gaunce lolol you are so funny guys barrie is gonna kick you but for the memorial cup anyways so why bother and just so ya know barrie is getting gaunce we are already talking with Belleville so gaunce is ours.

Old
09-06-2013, 05:06 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harky121 View Post
Your not getting gaunce lolol you are so funny guys barrie is gonna kick you but for the memorial cup anyways so why bother and just so ya know barrie is getting gaunce we are already talking with Belleville so gaunce is ours.
How is Barrie getting him?..London already has a deal in place for Gaunce once he returns from camp....and Barrie has to make the playoffs before they can make it to the Memorial Cup

your turn...after your homework is done of course

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 09-06-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old
09-06-2013, 05:13 PM
DEVSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
How is Barrie getting him?..London already has a deal in place for Gaunce once he returns from camp...and Barrie has to make the playoffs before they can make it to the Memorial Cup

They aren't. He just doesn't know when to quit hating on you guys because you scored a lucky goal. He's relentess at everything he does, and he will not stop until he feels that he has done his job in making people think towards his point of view. Hey Colin, done any of your assignments? Because I'm not.

Old
09-06-2013, 05:18 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVSTER View Post
They aren't. He just doesn't know when to quit hating on you guys because you scored a lucky goal. He's relentess at everything he does, and he will not stop until he feels that he has done his job in making people think towards his point of view. Hey Colin, done any of your assignments? Because I'm not.
Barrie lost a series they really had no business being in..let's be realistic. Had London had even average goaltending the series would have been over in 4 games.

Think that'll rile Colin up a bit?

Hey mods...lock this puppy up and let's go to the season thread

Old
09-06-2013, 06:27 PM
tjziel

Quote:
Barrie lost a series they really had no business being in..let's be realistic. Had London had even average goaltending the series would have been over in 4 games.

Quote:
Quote:
How is Barrie getting him?..London already has a deal in place for Gaunce once he returns from camp....and Barrie has to make the playoffs before they can make it to the Memorial Cup

Love how another poster who originates from Barrie bashes on another Colts fan! lol! Btw, not sure if at all, we have a deal in place for Gaunce. Do you have a source?? Or were you just riling Harky up?? lol!

Old
09-06-2013, 08:08 PM
dino200022

Gaunce hasbeen far less then steller or even good at nucks camp. Would rather not trade next years horses for this pony that is not really needed imo. Need that stay at home shutdown before we get any more depth up front. Raine would look gorgeous as of right now back there, I know I would not want to play against him. Would still like Suellentrop

Old
09-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Snippit

Zadarov putting up big numbers in the Traverse City prospects tournament for the Sabres. Scored 2 goals today, including the OT winner in the 6-5 win.

I predict he has a breakout year offensively, and scores 15G and 30A.

Old
09-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
Zadarov putting up big numbers in the Traverse City prospects tournament for the Sabres. Scored 2 goals today, including the OT winner in the 6-5 win.

I predict he has a breakout year offensively, and scores 15G and 30A.
Highlights of Buffalo's 6-5 OT win over NYR, including both Zadorov goals. <4:01>

Old
09-06-2013, 09:29 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjziel View Post
Do you have a source?? Or were you just riling Harky up?? lol!
nudge nudge

Old
09-06-2013, 10:13 PM
DEVSTER

Quote:

Naw, it was a lucky ass goal. And "if's" are out of the picture. London's fault that they had poor goaltending.

Old
09-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Snippit

Quote:
Naw, it was a lucky ass goal. And "if's" are out of the picture. London's fault that they had poor goaltending.
Better team won. There were a ton of "lucky goals" in the whole series, just like there always are in hockey. Barrie put up a hell of a fight in the series and surprised me, though.

Old
09-07-2013, 06:21 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
They don't ask you "how" they go in. Just that they go in. That's why you play whistle to whistle.

So you agree London's goaltending was the reason Barrie was in the series?

Old
09-07-2013, 06:41 AM
JL17

The reason Barrie was in the series was goaltending and a coach that relied on the same failed system and never adjusted.

Old
09-07-2013, 07:36 AM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
The reason Barrie was in the series was goaltending and a coach that relied on the same failed system and never adjusted.
You mean when the Knights play the trap it does not work??? Bad that about 9000 people can see that at the gardens yet the only person that needs to see it can't figure it out....ahhhhh it frusterates me every game when they sit back. I have still never understood the whole give the puck away then let them gain our zone with it . As an avid Redwings fan for 25 years I believe Scotty Bowman said it best when asked about the puck possesion game the Wings played. " The other team can't score when we have the puck on our sticks." You obviously have to have the skill to be able to play that style of game and it is quite apparent that most Knight teams should be able to get it done.

Old
09-07-2013, 08:46 AM
DEVSTER

Quote:
They don't ask you "how" they go in. Just that they go in. That's why you play whistle to whistle.

So you agree London's goaltending was the reason Barrie was in the series?
For sure. What's your point? Barrie would have lost if London had good goaltending? That was an area where London was weak and barrie was strong. Do you guys mind telling me how you got stloarz in the first place? I'm curious to know.

Old
09-07-2013, 08:47 AM
JL17

If this year we play the same style as last year Dale will be missing the boat. We have big power forwards get them in on the forecheck pressure the puck make life miserable for every defensemen in the league. Don't sit back and wait we don't have the defensemen at this point to play that.

Old
09-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Snippit

Quote:
For sure. What's your point? Barrie would have lost if London had good goaltending? That was an area where London was weak and barrie was strong. Do you guys mind telling me how you got stloarz in the first place? I'm curious to know.
Nah, Barrie would have lost even if London had poor goaltending...and they did.

Old
09-07-2013, 09:17 AM
DEVSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
Nah, Barrie would have lost even if London had poor goaltending...and they did.
Care to answer my other question?

Old
09-07-2013, 09:25 AM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
If this year we play the same style as last year Dale will be missing the boat. We have big power forwards get them in on the forecheck pressure the puck make life miserable for every defensemen in the league. Don't sit back and wait we don't have the defensemen at this point to play that.
our PP should be simple...McCarron plants himself and the other shoot as much as possible...but we all know it wont happen

Old
09-07-2013, 09:32 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
our PP should be simple...McCarron plants himself and the other shoot as much as possible...but we all know it wont happen
PP should be simple. Zadorov should also be firing one timers. McCarron infront and Bo wonder around the slot waiting for passes from Domi or Broadhurst.

No need for the Ruperts to be on the first PP. But they will be.

Old
09-07-2013, 09:34 AM
aresknights

Quote:
A lucky goal?
Great TO in neutral zone ( who turned that over due to pressure?)and dumpin. Broadhurst forced God Ekblad, he blindly threw the puck to the half boards where Broadhurst peeled off to. Passes across to Griffith, Puck to the net, series over . You make your own luck. But you n Harky can see it as lucky instead of clutch if it makes ya feel better

Harky is hardly making a case to convince others he's right, if as you say hes trying to do. Hes whining and providing nothing but grade school thoughts.

NA NA NA NA were better lol

Last edited by aresknights: 09-07-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old
09-07-2013, 09:37 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Pretty simple really.

Recruited the FA to play here after the Spits couldn't sell their franchise to him the year before or earlier that year. He was buried on his college team and as a 2nd rd NHL pick he wanted quality minutes.

Build it and they will come

Old
09-07-2013, 09:40 AM
DEVSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
A lucky goal?
Great TO in neutral zone ( who turned that over due to pressure?)and dumpin. Broadhurst forced God Ekblad, he blindly threw the puck to the half boards where Broadhurst peeled off to. Puck to the net, series over . You make your own luck. But you n Harky can see it as lucky instead of clutch if it makes ya feel better

Harky is hardly making a case to convince others he's right, if as you say hes trying to do. Hes whining and providing nothing but grade school thoughts.

NA NA NA NA were better lol
Whatever. I'm out of here. Don't you people have better things to do than to be posting constantly on here?

Old
09-07-2013, 09:40 AM
aresknights

The difference between winning and losing is often very small, a fine line. The biggest difference in W or L is how ur treated by the outside

Old
09-07-2013, 09:45 AM
JL17

I leave for 3 weeks and before for I left it was a battle with the Spitfires... I'm back for 2 days now it's Barrie.... I'm leaving again...

Closed Thread