HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Carolina

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-07-2013, 12:20 PM
  #26
sansabri
like a docent's lisp
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 5,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quares27 View Post
But we don't try to trade assets for them... good try though
you're right. you sign them as UFAs for 7 years @ $5.25M a pop.

good try, though!

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 12:57 PM
  #27
Quares27
Registered User
 
Quares27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
you're right. you sign them as UFAs for 7 years @ $5.25M a pop.

good try, though!
20-30 goal scorers are apparently equivalent to goons now


Last edited by Nuckles: 09-07-2013 at 01:55 PM. Reason: removed flaming
Quares27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 01:02 PM
  #28
sansabri
like a docent's lisp
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 5,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quares27 View Post
20-30 goal scorers are apparently equivalent to goons now
yes, a one time 30 goal scorer is akin to a regular 30 goal scorer.

Kulemin is also another 30 goal scorer, i bet! he did it once, after all.


Last edited by Nuckles: 09-07-2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: quote edit
sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 03:56 PM
  #29
Drive425
Registered User
 
Drive425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St Louis Du Haha
Country: Malta
Posts: 1,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
yes, a one time 30 goal scorer is akin to a regular 30 goal scorer.

Kulemin is also another 30 goal scorer, i bet! he did it once, after all.
Maybe the Leafs will sign Jason Blake again since he's a 40 goal scorer?

LOL, Love the Leafs!!!!

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 08:50 PM
  #30
CanadiensforLife
Registered User
 
CanadiensforLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quares27 View Post
But we don't try to trade assets for them... good try though
Try to make sense once in a while instead of just trolling every Habs tread on the main board. You DID trade assets to get them...that's the point.

CanadiensforLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 09:00 PM
  #31
CanadiensforLife
Registered User
 
CanadiensforLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Booth23 View Post
Unlike other Canes fans I actually like Westgarth. We have to have soebody other than Gleason than can actually win a fight.

That being said- who could we give you for Brandon Prust. We need a guy like him. How about Skinner?
We need a guy like him too....that's why we signed him.

CanadiensforLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 03:05 AM
  #32
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Booth23 View Post
Unlike other Canes fans I actually like Westgarth. We have to have somebody other than Gleason than can actually win a fight.

That being said- who could we give you for Brandon Prust. We need a guy like him. How about Jeff Skinner?
Just wanted to thank-you for that generous offer.
Hab fans love Prust (and I'm sure Cane fans love Skinner! I'm a fan), so not many fans would want Prust to leave Mtl (but very tempting offer since Skinner is a great/talented sniper! Bergevin would probably take that offer! or...maybe not?).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 12:27 PM
  #33
sansabri
like a docent's lisp
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 5,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Just wanted to thank-you for that generous offer.
Hab fans love Prust (and I'm sure Cane fans love Skinner! I'm a fan), so not many fans would want Prust to leave Mtl (but very tempting offer since Skinner is a great/talented sniper! Bergevin would probably take that offer! or...maybe not?).
ha. Bergevin would be all over that deal like a fat man on donuts.

Carolina wouldn't trade Skinner for a third liner who can fight. it makes no sense.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2013, 03:24 AM
  #34
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
ha. Bergevin would be all over that deal like a fat man on donuts.

Carolina wouldn't trade Skinner for a third liner who can fight. it makes no sense.
For sure...very generous offer!

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2013, 01:04 PM
  #35
Jakomyte
Registered User
 
Jakomyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Wow. Some Habs fans are so obsessed with the idea of getting DAT SIZE AND TOUGHNESS that they will dish actual assets for any player that's won a fight or weighs over 200 pounds. This really needs to end...

Season, please start now.


Last edited by Jakomyte: 09-10-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.