HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Blackhawks sign Teuvo Teravainen

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-06-2013, 06:33 AM
  #126
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Other than right at the end when the winning goal was scored - I didn't see #86 in any of those highlights. Does anyone know how he is doing playing the center position - faceoffs, defensive play, etc?

EbonyRaptor is offline  
Old
09-06-2013, 11:52 AM
  #127
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Other than right at the end when the winning goal was scored - I didn't see #86 in any of those highlights. Does anyone know how he is doing playing the center position - faceoffs, defensive play, etc?
There's a whole game on Youtube where TT plays on the previous page.

Excluding yesterday's game, I've seen every game TT has been playing in Jokerit this preseason. At the start he lost most of his faceoffs, wasn't spectacular overall, quite invisible but he wasn't a liability defensively either. Game by game he has been getting better, winning more faceoffs (IMO still losing more than winning). He has been a great skater from the start, he can move the puck from the defensive zone to the offensive zone quite effectively, gives sharp and more importantly, clever passes. He has taken care of his defensive responsibilities quite well in the last few games.

On PP he's really good. I wouldn't call him a wizard but he can get the puck to the offensive zone easily and gives good passes to other players. Jokerit has used 4 forwards and 1 defenseman in their PP unit. TT has been on the second PP unit and on 5 vs 5 he's been a second line Center.


Last edited by Kentti: 09-06-2013 at 11:53 AM. Reason: typo
Kentti is offline  
Old
09-06-2013, 02:35 PM
  #128
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
There's a whole game on Youtube where TT plays on the previous page.

Excluding yesterday's game, I've seen every game TT has been playing in Jokerit this preseason. At the start he lost most of his faceoffs, wasn't spectacular overall, quite invisible but he wasn't a liability defensively either. Game by game he has been getting better, winning more faceoffs (IMO still losing more than winning). He has been a great skater from the start, he can move the puck from the defensive zone to the offensive zone quite effectively, gives sharp and more importantly, clever passes. He has taken care of his defensive responsibilities quite well in the last few games.

On PP he's really good. I wouldn't call him a wizard but he can get the puck to the offensive zone easily and gives good passes to other players. Jokerit has used 4 forwards and 1 defenseman in their PP unit. TT has been on the second PP unit and on 5 vs 5 he's been a second line Center.
Thanks Kentti. I tried watching the game you put up here but it gets an error and won't play for me. I really appreciate your reports and hope you continue to let us know how TT is progressing.

EbonyRaptor is offline  
Old
09-07-2013, 09:46 AM
  #129
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Thanks Kentti. I tried watching the game you put up here but it gets an error and won't play for me. I really appreciate your reports and hope you continue to let us know how TT is progressing.
That's weird. Has anybody else same problems? I can see the Youtube video just fine.

Anyways, Jokerit says on their webpage that Teuvo is resting today's game against ERC Ingolstadt. Jokerit lost their chance to advance to the final tournament yesterday when Frölunda won Färjestad. A meaningless game today.

TT is heading for Blackhawks' camp on Monday and misses next week's Finnish Elite League opening games. The season starts in Finland next week.

Kentti is offline  
Old
09-07-2013, 09:49 AM
  #130
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,702
vCash: 500
I can see the video fine.

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
09-07-2013, 03:37 PM
  #131
Hawkster
Got Cup?
 
Hawkster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Zambia
Posts: 1,445
vCash: 500
Will TT be in camp long enough to dress for an exhibition game or two, or is that a non-starter due to his Jokerit commitment?

It would be nice to see him line up in a Hawks jersey vs. Detroit on the 17th.

Hawkster is offline  
Old
09-07-2013, 05:16 PM
  #132
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkster View Post
Will TT be in camp long enough to dress for an exhibition game or two, or is that a non-starter due to his Jokerit commitment?

It would be nice to see him line up in a Hawks jersey vs. Detroit on the 17th.
TT is coming back to Finland in October so he should be able to play several preseason games.

Kentti is offline  
Old
09-07-2013, 06:24 PM
  #133
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,702
vCash: 500
is there a set date he's required to be back in finland or whenever the hawks send him back?

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
09-07-2013, 08:23 PM
  #134
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
is there a set date he's required to be back in finland or whenever the hawks send him back?
He's Blackhawks property. If the Hawks don't want to send him back, or want to hold onto him for a month, he won't be going back until the Hawks want to send him. I highly doubt he stays though. Next year will be Teuvo's time to shine.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
09-08-2013, 12:46 AM
  #135
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
He's Blackhawks property. If the Hawks don't want to send him back, or want to hold onto him for a month, he won't be going back until the Hawks want to send him. I highly doubt he stays though. Next year will be Teuvo's time to shine.
no, i don't expect him to stay either. i was actually thinking about him playing this year in Finland - and was just wondering whether there was some date re Jokerit that would make the Hawks want him back there by then.

i'm happy he'll be in camp - for self serving reasons, i'd love to see the Hawks give him a couple of NHL games just because i'll be able to see them...i don't think i'll get any of the pre-season games.

assuming he's back in finland this year, i'm excited to see at WJC. By many accounts he was the most dominant player at the Lake Placid tourney - and i'm hoping he'll show the same at WJC. Given the change in format this year, there's pretty much no chance Finland will end up in the relegation games - so hopefully we'll get to see more of him.

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
09-08-2013, 11:18 AM
  #136
Kennel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Jokerit.com said that he'll miss 5-6 games so he'd be playing for Jokerit on Sep 24th or 26th.

(link)

Kennel is online now  
Old
09-09-2013, 02:06 PM
  #137
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
There's a new article on Jokerit webpage about TT: http://www.jokerit.com/uutiset/?nid=2535

Here's the rough translation of it.

Teräväinen Heading to Chicago

Teuvo Teräväinen visited Hartwall Areena on Monday before his departure to Chicago Blackhawks' NHL camp. The forward is out of Jokerit lineup for two weeks and is expecting a great experience at the ranks of the Stanley Cup winning team.

Teräväinen was Jokerit's points leader at European Trophy. He made 2+3 points in six games and played mainly with Nichlas Hardt and Steve Moses who had the same points. He was relatively happy with his performance though the start of the European Trophy was challenging because of the U20 tournament in Lake Placid.

-I started playing quite well. At the beginning it was a bit difficult because the trip to Lake Placid was quite hard. That's why it was a bit stuffy at the beginning but I improved towards the end. As a team we played better as the games progressed, Teräväinen said.

The coaching staff gave him responsibilities as a Center. The youngster handled the increased defensive responsibilities well but there's still a lot of work ahead of him.

-There's a lot to improve but in my opinion I can take care of my game well. I know I can play much better, Teräväinen said.

-Being a centerman is a bigger responsibility on the own end than as a winger. You've got to defend more but when you do things carefully and play to your maximum it'll be alright, he continued.

During two previous seasons Teräväinen has played mainly as a winger in Jokerit. He thinks being a Center is where he's at his best. The skilled forward lives for the puck and enjoys playing most when he can build his line's game.

-I need the puck and when I have it I play better. If we're long stretches on our own end it's now my strongest area of playing but I have to do that with style too, Teräväinen said.

Playing together with Hardt and Moses started to click better and better towards the end. Especially the speedy American forward [Moses] started to successfully receive more and more of Teräväinen's passes.

-We've been playing well together with Stevie. He's a fast guy and you've got to give him passes when he's in speed. I felt that we started to have chemistry together, the centerman said.

For the next two weeks Teräväinen skates with the fresh Stanley Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks' training camp that is held in the state of Indiana at Notre Dame University. Teräväinen is Blackhawks' first round draft pick from summer 2012 and he made an entry-level deal this summer with them.

-I'm going there open-minded to get some new experiences and to see what kind of world it is. I think it's going to be a great trip, Teräväinen anticipates.

-The biggest issue will probably be the game itself: what kind is it over there and that I can experience it myself. At the same time everyday issues will become familiar. Those are steps forward, he continued.

Although Teräväinen is returning to Jokerit after the camp, he wants to make the most out of everything from the two week trip. Competition for roster spots are rough in the NHL world so experience will definitely be beneficial concerning next year when the forward is scheduled to transfer completely to Blackhawks' organization.

-It might be a surprise how fierce the competition for roster spots is going to be. I know it will be hard and I have to give all I can give if I'm going to do well, he contemplates.

Blackhawks are at the moment the best hockey club in the world where stars like Patrick Kane, Jonathan Towes and Duncan Keith play. You could imagine that stepping to the same locker room and rink with them would be nervous to the young Finn. But is it?

-We have Antti-Jussi Niemi [played 29 games with the Anaheim Ducks] and Semir Ben-Amor [4th line goon]. I'm not that nervous, Teräväinen grins at the end of the interview.

Kentti is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 02:33 PM
  #138
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
I'm looking forward to hearing training camp reports. It will be interesting to see if the Hawks line up TT as a center in training camp because there are a couple other guys that will be trying to earn the 2nd line center spot and should probably get as much time as possible to play between Sharp and Hossa (or Kane if he is going to play opposite Sharp). The Hawks need to see who can handle the position at the high speed required to play 2C on the Hawks.

If TT is here for 2 weeks, then he should get in a couple preseason games.

Drop the puck already!

EbonyRaptor is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 08:49 PM
  #139
wladyslaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
There's a new article on Jokerit webpage about TT: http://www.jokerit.com/uutiset/?nid=2535

Here's the rough translation of it.

Teräväinen Heading to Chicago

Teuvo Teräväinen visited Hartwall Areena on Monday before his departure to Chicago Blackhawks' NHL camp. The forward is out of Jokerit lineup for two weeks and is expecting a great experience at the ranks of the Stanley Cup winning team.

Teräväinen was Jokerit's points leader at European Trophy. He made 2+3 points in six games and played mainly with Nichlas Hardt and Steve Moses who had the same points. He was relatively happy with his performance though the start of the European Trophy was challenging because of the U20 tournament in Lake Placid.

-I started playing quite well. At the beginning it was a bit difficult because the trip to Lake Placid was quite hard. That's why it was a bit stuffy at the beginning but I improved towards the end. As a team we played better as the games progressed, Teräväinen said.

The coaching staff gave him responsibilities as a Center. The youngster handled the increased defensive responsibilities well but there's still a lot of work ahead of him.

-There's a lot to improve but in my opinion I can take care of my game well. I know I can play much better, Teräväinen said.

-Being a centerman is a bigger responsibility on the own end than as a winger. You've got to defend more but when you do things carefully and play to your maximum it'll be alright, he continued.

During two previous seasons Teräväinen has played mainly as a winger in Jokerit. He thinks being a Center is where he's at his best. The skilled forward lives for the puck and enjoys playing most when he can build his line's game.

-I need the puck and when I have it I play better. If we're long stretches on our own end it's now my strongest area of playing but I have to do that with style too, Teräväinen said.

Playing together with Hardt and Moses started to click better and better towards the end. Especially the speedy American forward [Moses] started to successfully receive more and more of Teräväinen's passes.

-We've been playing well together with Stevie. He's a fast guy and you've got to give him passes when he's in speed. I felt that we started to have chemistry together, the centerman said.

For the next two weeks Teräväinen skates with the fresh Stanley Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks' training camp that is held in the state of Indiana at Notre Dame University. Teräväinen is Blackhawks' first round draft pick from summer 2012 and he made an entry-level deal this summer with them.

-I'm going there open-minded to get some new experiences and to see what kind of world it is. I think it's going to be a great trip, Teräväinen anticipates.

-The biggest issue will probably be the game itself: what kind is it over there and that I can experience it myself. At the same time everyday issues will become familiar. Those are steps forward, he continued.

Although Teräväinen is returning to Jokerit after the camp, he wants to make the most out of everything from the two week trip. Competition for roster spots are rough in the NHL world so experience will definitely be beneficial concerning next year when the forward is scheduled to transfer completely to Blackhawks' organization.

-It might be a surprise how fierce the competition for roster spots is going to be. I know it will be hard and I have to give all I can give if I'm going to do well, he contemplates.

Blackhawks are at the moment the best hockey club in the world where stars like Patrick Kane, Jonathan Towes and Duncan Keith play. You could imagine that stepping to the same locker room and rink with them would be nervous to the young Finn. But is it?

-We have Antti-Jussi Niemi [played 29 games with the Anaheim Ducks] and Semir Ben-Amor [4th line goon]. I'm not that nervous, Teräväinen grins at the end of the interview.
thanks- Kentti

wladyslaw is offline  
Old
09-15-2013, 12:08 PM
  #140
wladyslaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
TT is coming back to Finland in October so he should be able to play several preseason games.
Kentti- if TT keeps tearing it up in Hawks camp. Sorry, he might not be going back to Jokerit. Q and SB appear to be impressed. His speed and back checking are as impressive as his O skills.

The only reasons he goes home-
1.) ELC and financial allocating "long term for entire roster"
2.) SB justs wants to "protect" him vs. cheap shots - 1 yr. to get stronger/aware

wladyslaw is offline  
Old
09-15-2013, 12:14 PM
  #141
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wladyslaw View Post
Kentti- if TT keeps tearing it up in Hawks camp. Sorry, he might not be going back to Jokerit. Q and SB appear to be impressed. His speed and back checking are as impressive as his O skills.

The only reasons he goes home-
1.) ELC and financial allocating "long term for entire roster"
2.) SB justs wants to "protect" him vs. cheap shots - 1 yr. to get stronger/aware
it could also be that as good as he is in scrimmages he is still not ready to sustain an entire season in the nhl.

cap space will not be an impediment. just that they want him to take another year to improve.

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
09-15-2013, 12:34 PM
  #142
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 42,364
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by wladyslaw View Post
Kentti- if TT keeps tearing it up in Hawks camp. Sorry, he might not be going back to Jokerit. Q and SB appear to be impressed. His speed and back checking are as impressive as his O skills.

The only reasons he goes home-
1.) ELC and financial allocating "long term for entire roster"
2.) SB justs wants to "protect" him vs. cheap shots - 1 yr. to get stronger/aware
As mentioned in the other thread:

Quote:
ESPN Chicago ‏@ESPNChiHawks
Quenneville says Teravainen is definitely going back to Finland, but he will play in a few preseason games.

Jussi is online now  
Old
09-15-2013, 02:13 PM
  #143
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 23,923
vCash: 500
Teräväinen gets all the time he wants and he will make our team next season. He'll get more seasoning and Hawks think this year will be like the 10/11 and 11/12 season... a transition year when we still could win the Cup

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 04:41 AM
  #144
QnebO
Registered User
 
QnebO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,562
vCash: 500
Looks like he has really imrpessed the staff and even Patrik Kane if the article is correct. I'm happy for him, but would like to see him in SM-liiga one more season. Time to bulk up even more and it would be nice to enjoy watching the player in prime time one more year, also. :p

QnebO is offline  
Old
09-20-2013, 01:14 AM
  #145
Kentti
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
TT's next game will be on Tuesday against HPK at 10:30 AM Chicago time (6:30 PM local). I'll (and probably other Finnish dudes) be posting stats and highlights from the games this season to tell you guys how he's doing in the Finnish Elite League.

Kentti is offline  
Old
09-20-2013, 07:52 AM
  #146
wladyslaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
TT's next game will be on Tuesday against HPK at 10:30 AM Chicago time (6:30 PM local). I'll (and probably other Finnish dudes) be posting stats and highlights from the games this season to tell you guys how he's doing in the Finnish Elite League.
Thx- Kentti.

and while your there... can you go to the Jokerit office and tell those Fins to send my Darn TT Jersey- I ordered and paid for 6 weeks ago!

Or I want my Euros... I mean American $$$'s back!

wladyslaw is offline  
Old
09-20-2013, 08:28 AM
  #147
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,702
vCash: 500

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
09-20-2013, 10:08 AM
  #148
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,114
vCash: 500
He looks like a pro out there, I get why they are sending him back to Finland but he should break camp with the club

Illinihockey is online now  
Old
09-20-2013, 10:25 AM
  #149
Tone King
Atomic Punk
 
Tone King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Uranus
Country: United States
Posts: 8,531
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
He looks like a pro out there, I get why they are sending him back to Finland but he should break camp with the club
I don't think he could hold up the whole year with his size. But he is good at avoiding contact. I too wish he could stay but understand the reasoning and expect him next year.

Tone King is offline  
Old
09-20-2013, 10:44 AM
  #150
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjacks View Post
I don't think he could hold up the whole year with his size. But he is good at avoiding contact. I too wish he could stay but understand the reasoning and expect him next year.
He's not any smaller than Patrick Kane. He's not that much smaller than Kruger.

Illinihockey is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.