Closed Thread

Old
09-07-2013, 09:51 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVSTER View Post
Do you guys mind telling me how you got stloarz in the first place? I'm curious to know.
Stolarz was on the Knights radar before the season started. Mark actually visited Anthony last summer with the possibility of him joining the Knights as a free agent. Stolarz declined at the time but left the door open and said he would continue to talk to the Knights. Around trade deadline time the Knights and Stolarz conversed again and Stolarz asked if the offer to join the team was still on the table. You know the rest.

Old
09-07-2013, 09:55 AM
DEVSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Stolarz was on the Knights radar before the season started. Mark actually visited Anthony last summer with the possibility of him joining the Knights as a free agent. Stolarz declined at the time but left the door open and said he would continue to talk to the Knights. Around trade deadline time the Knights and Stolarz conversed again and Stolarz asked if the offer to join the team was still on the table. You know the rest.
Great, thanks.

Old
09-07-2013, 09:59 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Whatever. I'm out of here. Don't you people have better things to do than to be posting constantly on here?
Just responding to your posts, sir.

Have a good day and enjoy the season.

Old
09-07-2013, 10:00 AM
DEVSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Just responding to your posts, sir.

Have a good day and enjoy the season.
Yes, I understand. Have a good one.

Old
09-07-2013, 10:01 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Great, thanks.
NP...hockey talk belongs on a hockey forum.

Childish schoolyard rants do not

Cheers..have a great season.

Old
09-07-2013, 10:07 AM
DEVSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
NP...hockey talk belongs on a hockey forum.

Childish schoolyard rants do not

Cheers..have a great season.
Totally agree. Apologize for the rather harsh comments. Tempers for a couple of 15 year olds are sometimes hard to keep grounded. Cheers to you too.

Old
09-07-2013, 10:22 AM
aresknights

I forgot the quotes around NA NA comment. It was meant for Harky and I wasn't clear on that.
Lucky goal- I get opposing fan bases see it different.

Seriously enjoy the year and I always welcome others thoughts ( well usually anyway)

Old
09-07-2013, 10:26 AM
aresknights

From what little Ive read a few knights are making impressions at rook camps. Not in a "gonna make it " way but impressions none the less.
Zadarov with a few Gs and OT winner
Leroux knocked Levi down with one shot ( thou Levi popped up quick)
Good luck to the rest of the knights at camp. Almost all of the vets- still impressed by that althou we know connections and team success helped a few get there.
They should all learn a thing or two and be better for it

Old
09-07-2013, 10:30 AM
DEVSTER

Quote:
I forgot the quotes around NA NA comment. It was meant for Harky and I wasn't clear on that.
Lucky goal- I get opposing fan bases see it different.

Seriously enjoy the year and I always welcome others thoughts ( well usually anyway)
Don't worry about it my friend. I kind of figured anyway. I'll do my best to keep him calmed down. Fresh thoughts are my forte so I might be back sometime. Good bye.

Old
09-07-2013, 01:48 PM
tjziel

Seth Griffith won't be back in Junior next season

Sorry Knight fans, but I hear a lot of rumors going around that people are possibly expecting Seth Griffith to be back in junior next season, however the chances of that happening in my opinion, are like 2% and here's why. Seth Griffith has dominated the OHL in the past two seasons putting up multiple 80 plus point seasons, and one 45 goal season. I know that he needs to work on his defensive game, but now since he's 20 he's eligible for the AHL and another option most people forget is the ECHL. Now I wish the best for Seth Griffith and hope he cracks the AHL squad but if he doesn't, the more viable option would be to send him to South Carolina (Boston Bruins ECHL affiliate) where he can work on his defensive game and play against men instead of kids. This is what Seth Griffith needs. It's a similar situation to what Michael Houser went through. He didn't crack the AHL roster partially because of the lockout and an injury, but he ultimately got sent down to the ECHL where he dominated, and when the AHL team needed him, he was called back up to the AHL. Like Griffith, Houser dominated the OHL, winning Goaltender of the Year and OHL MVP (Most Outstanding Player) but people were still hoping he would be sent back. So fans, I love the Knights, but Seth Griffith has graduated, and is no longer needed in the OHL.

Last edited by tjziel: 09-07-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old
09-07-2013, 02:00 PM
aresknights

id say most that I talk to (9 outta 10) agree he's gone. As you said it's time. Staying here wouldn't help him. He'd float thru the season and first few rds of PO then give it in the Cup tourney. Wouldn't help him at all.
Just wishful thinking by a minority.
Harry's gone too while we're at it.
As well ill guess one of Matta or Bo ( I'm leaning towards one ) may get a long look see, sending some into panic mode lol

Old
09-07-2013, 02:00 PM
SimonKnightsman

Yeah I can't see Griff in junior anymore .....his time has run out and move on now.

Has anyone considered Curcuruto from Plymouth. I thought he was one of the Whalers better D last year. Maybe he is too old now, can't even recall if he is a OA now.

Tom Wilson if he returns to junior old be top of my list with that Darnel kid up north.

Old
09-07-2013, 02:02 PM
aresknights

Simon , 2 great OHLers but I wouldn't do it. Mark would need to throw the franchise into re mortgage mode

I gotta trust Mark knows what wants and I hope it's to plug holes and not make an OHL all star squad, as fun as it maybe to watch

Ya never know

Old
09-07-2013, 02:23 PM
tjziel

Quote:
Simon , 2 great OHLers but I wouldn't do it. Mark would need to throw the franchise into re mortgage mode

I gotta trust Mark knows what wants and I hope it's to plug holes and not make an OHL all star squad, as fun as it maybe to watch

Ya never know
I would be pretty awesome to watch actually but your right, we need to fill the holes in our lineup. Here's my wishlist and who I think we need to put us over the top:

Slater Koekkoek
Brady Austin
Brendan Gaunce

Old
09-07-2013, 03:16 PM
aresknights

-I'd go Basso.
-A shut down D top 4 type and not neccessarily a top 1 or 2. ( Austin works if back in the O, as would a few others)
-Then it's sit back and see where we are with the G and F.
I like what Gaunce would bring thou from a defensive perspective. May take some of that responsibility from Bo and allow him to be more offensive.
Not interested in koekoek thou. I wasnt last year either when he was made avail but that's just me. The other big D in Windsor thou would look good come Jan. ( no not Ebert lol)
I think Basso may come cheaper and I doubt KK is avail til Xmas or later. Get that PP QB here early and allow the boyz to gel.

Old
09-07-2013, 03:22 PM
JL17

I'd be afraid to touch Koekkoek with ten foot pole incase I pop his shoulder or damage his shoulder. Going after Slater IMO is a huge mistake. The kid is a walking band aid. Look what happened to Windsor last year with him. That's not far off from happening to London.

My first D-man to go after is Austin. He replaces Hughes right away and provides a tad bit more offense then Hughes did.

Offensive D-man wise do we really need one??? Maatta and if they use Zadorov properly he'll contribute along with Liberati if given the chance. Miles did a good job last year when given the opportunity. But we all know R Rupert and Broadhurst(looking very good in this Sens Hawks rookie game) will be on the point at some point. So going to get the QB doesn't make a ton of sense.

Old
09-07-2013, 03:53 PM
aresknights

Will Liberati be here all year ? Just saying he's a chip others will want for sure, and I'd rather a vet back there that's proven.
I'd like Austin as well, but is he expected back? I've heard different things

Old
09-07-2013, 04:09 PM
tjziel

Quote:
Will Liberati be here all year ? Just saying he's a chip others will want for sure, and I'd rather a vet back there that's proven.
Exactly, that's what I'm saying, would you rather have Miles Liberati or Slater Koekkoek on a Memorial Cup Winning Team?? I know he is injury prone, but he wouldn't be relied on as heavily to be that Top 2 defensemen with the Knights. Plus if he were to play with Zadorov or Austin (two huge D-men) I'm sure they would back him up. lol! And as for Austin, he's coming back to the OHL. (http://sabrenoise.com/2013/08/26/buf...-brady-austin/) He cannot join the Sabres farm team until he signs a contract with the Sabres organization.

Last edited by tjziel: 09-07-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old
09-07-2013, 04:10 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Mark was here at last nights game vs Sarnia as was Gm of Guelph.....getting ducks in a row for the future.

Old
09-07-2013, 05:12 PM
tjziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
Mark was here at last nights game vs Sarnia as was Gm of Guelph.....getting ducks in a row for the future.
Are you suggesting he's checking up on Basso?? Not a big fan of him, but he's an upgrade nonetheless.

Old
09-07-2013, 05:43 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjziel View Post
Are you suggesting he's checking up on Basso?? Not a big fan of him, but he's an upgrade nonetheless.
No not certain who he's checking on. Basso is in Minnesota far as I know and any Spit D he might have interest in are away at camps. Mike Kelly from Guelph was at the WFCU as well......

Old
09-07-2013, 09:02 PM
aresknights

Thanks for the update on Austin.

Still hoping Mark isn't looking at KK from the Spits. And that he was as punch suggested, getting ducks in a row.

I don't know who dressed but it couldn't have been much mark would want in a cup run. Their all at camp, no?

Old
09-07-2013, 09:35 PM
tjziel

Quote:
Thanks for the update on Austin.

Still hoping Mark isn't looking at KK from the Spits. And that he was as punch suggested, getting ducks in a row.

I don't know who dressed but it couldn't have been much mark would want in a cup run. Their all at camp, no?
Yes, I don't know, but Slater Koekkoek is probably at the Lightning camp, and Basso is in Minnesota. So unless he's looking at DeAngelo!

Old
09-07-2013, 11:56 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

It would be awesome if people who posted here would keep up (and read the pages that preceed their post) so that we didnt have to read the same crap. For those at home keeping score, here are the 'dead horse' subjects:
We need an upgrade at D, most want Basso, some Koekoek but he is injury prone.
Seth Griffith - might be back, might not (hey while your checking your crystal ball, mind givin me this weeks lottery numbers?)
- Barrie got beat last year, end of discussion.
- The trading of Raine, worst trade in recent memory.
- Knights have like, a lot of guys away at camp.
- Horvat, Maattaa, Domi might all make the NHL (see crystal ball comment).

Anyone have anything newsworthy?....or does the horse need some more boots to the head...

Old
09-08-2013, 06:36 AM
nelli27
Danny Gallivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
It would be awesome if people who posted here would keep up (and read the pages that preceed their post) so that we didnt have to read the same crap. For those at home keeping score, here are the 'dead horse' subjects:
We need an upgrade at D, most want Basso, some Koekoek but he is injury prone.
Seth Griffith - might be back, might not (hey while your checking your crystal ball, mind givin me this weeks lottery numbers?)
- Barrie got beat last year, end of discussion.
- The trading of Raine, worst trade in recent memory.
- Knights have like, a lot of guys away at camp.
- Horvat, Maattaa, Domi might all make the NHL (see crystal ball comment).

Anyone have anything newsworthy?....or does the horse need some more boots to the head...
Lol! Well, let's see...what's new? Oh yeah, I bought the new white Knights jersey with Horvat's name and number on the back. That's right I succumbed to the Hunters' marketing machinations.
And in other news, Tokyo was awarded the Olympics.
Just say 'no' to the...

Closed Thread