HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Medvescak Zagreb 2013/2014 season talk Part II

Old
09-07-2013, 05:30 AM
mitch mdv zg

vCash: 500
Medvescak Zagreb 2013/2014 season talk Part II

I am proud after seeing yesterday's match and I can't wait next games. Also, I am proud of everything our guys (team that leads this club) achieved in last 4-5 years.

We might be KHL's dark horse.

mitch mdv zg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 05:54 AM
Salavat Yulaev

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch mdv zg View Post
I am proud after seeing yesterday's match and I can't wait next games. Also, I am proud of everything our guys (team that leads this club) achieved in last 4-5 years.

We'll see but this year KHL is going to be more interesting for sure

Salavat Yulaev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 08:06 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

I couldn't stop tears after Popovic scored 2nd goal...

I expect much harder game tomorrow against Dinamo Riga.

Question for LAT members, are Riga fans planing trip to Zg ?

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 09:00 AM
SliceOfLife
Rookie User

If someone missed the game, or wants to watch it again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...LvL-H9_u8#t=22

SliceOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 09:46 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
I don't know if this has already been discussed in here, but when was it decided that those ads were going to be placed on the sweaters? As much as I love Vegeta, there ad takes up half the jersey and seemingly wrecks what looks like what would be a great sweater. Are there any plans to eventually clean that up? It would not look so bad if the ads were not solid white. I don't see why they cant just put white lettering over the blue?

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 10:01 AM
SliceOfLife
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
I don't know if this has already been discussed in here, but when was it decided that those ads were going to be placed on the sweaters? As much as I love Vegeta, there ad takes up half the jersey and seemingly wrecks what looks like what would be a great sweater. Are there any plans to eventually clean that up? It would not look so bad if the ads were not solid white. I don't see why they cant just put white lettering over the blue?
After I have seen the new jersey in full size I nearly started crying. What a disgrace to my eyes! Podravka is one of the main sponsors and I donīt think that they will clean up anything. I hope that Podravka is paying enough money for this ad! Iīm asking myself why they didnīt leave the darkblue background + white lettering? I wouldnīt have had any problem with this option! The jersey looks OK on ice, as you can barely see the bottom half, but Iīm still not sure if Iīm going to buy the new one although it looks better than previous seasons jersey!

SliceOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Hockeyfan31*

Jerseys looked great until I saw the whole damn thing

Hockeyfan31* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Fragmuffin

it was projected to be white VEGETA letters on the dark blue jersey only... a photo of that jersey already leaked (sometime in mid july i think), now they just SHOCKED us with this disgusting add, not to mention that the PILOS add on the back is horrible, but the two combined make our jersey a strong candidate for the ugliest one in the league. the funny thing is that our PR was well aware of that, so much that they made presentations of the jersey for a whole week but only showing the upper part. now i just pray that the league itself puts a ban on this design so that it stops embarrassing them

Fragmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 11:23 AM
ult

Before Medvescak's game I thought KHL had some kind of regulations for the advertisement sizes. Now, I'm not so sure... Need to check it out. But ugh, they're the size of a street billboard.

ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Quote:
Not really. You're getting way ahead of yourself. If they qualify for PO, that would be amazing.

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 11:43 AM
ult

So, there is nothing about jerseys advertisements in marketing regulations, but in sports regulations it says that it is forbidden to place ads above player names, so Medvescak went full in on bottom half... But they had to get KHL's ok for that. And looks like they did.

Old
09-07-2013, 11:51 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
So, there is nothing about jerseys advertisements in marketing regulations, but in sports regulations it says that it is forbidden to place ads above player names, so Medvescak went full in on bottom half... But they had to get KHL's ok for that. And looks like they did.
Thanks Ult, always very informative. I think KHL should refine the rule to state that the background of the ad must remain the same colour of the jersey.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Big Papi Hr

If they continue to leave their heart on ice, like in this game then I wouldn't mind if they would have the worst score in entire leauge.
Zig-zag see you tomorrow Dinamo Riga!!!

Big Papi Hr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 12:21 PM
renco

What a game,what a performance

renco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 01:26 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
I would like to ask if this is new regulations? I mean amendments like foreign rules, salary cap, tv (this Biznis Oline article) etc.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 02:02 PM
ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I would like to ask if this is new regulations? I mean amendments like foreign rules, salary cap, tv (this Biznis Oline article) etc.
I'm not sure. I don't think it's the latest iteration, even though it says revised in the file name. Can't find some new stuff like cameras on ice during shootouts or interview dress-code there.

Old
09-07-2013, 02:06 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
I'm not sure. I don't think it's the latest iteration, even though it says revised in the file name. Can't find some new stuff like cameras on ice during shootouts or interview dress-code there.
It said during last season, after amendments, as well. Therefore I asked.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 02:18 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

http://www.medvescak.com/ru/khl/%D1%...B8%D0%BA-no551

Old
09-07-2013, 02:20 PM
mitch mdv zg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart View Post
Not really. You're getting way ahead of yourself. If they qualify for PO, that would be amazing.
Yeah, I might be exaggerating , but it's reasonable. After all, we trashed and smashed the CSKA Moscow.

mitch mdv zg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 02:50 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Yeah, I might be exaggerating , but it's reasonable. After all, we trashed and smashed the CSKA Moscow.
Being happy because of great victory is perfectly reasonable and we should be happy and proud, but let's be with both feets on the ground in same time. The worst thing for me when it comes to Croatian sports fans in general is that after one win, no matter how big and important is, we are suddenly gold medalists/Gagarin winners/Champions league winners, and when first lost come then we should go back to EBEL or X coach should step away...

Old
09-07-2013, 08:50 PM
240Gordie
Rookie User

Could sliceoflife please let me know where to watch games on line? I watched your link and it was fantastic

240Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Timmy

Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Paul Bunyan
Mythical Lumberjack

I just hope I can order jerseys here, Lutchusa actually has them in giant sizes.

Paul Bunyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Salavat Yulaev

Quote:
I am not going to downplay the first success of Medvescak but there was one factor that affected CSKA. Their plane landed in Voronezh soon after taking off. It took a night to fix problems. Everybody remembers what happened with Lokomotiv two years ago. Plus CSKA came to Zagreb 6 hours before the match and you can understand in what mood.
But anyway 7:1 is too much for such a team

Salavat Yulaev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 03:08 AM
Agramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavat Yulaev View Post
I am not going to downplay the first success of Medvescak but there was one factor that affected CSKA. Their plane landed in Voronezh soon after taking off. It took a night to fix problems. Everybody remembers what happened with Lokomotiv two years ago. Plus CSKA came to Zagreb 6 hours before the match and you can understand in what mood.
But anyway 7:1 is too much for such a team
that maybe affected to some extent CSKA players, but they themselves said after the game that they weren't tired and they had plenty of chances but didn't convert those chances to goals (plus Dekanich in our goal was excellent). Other thing CSKA players said that they didn't have a clue about Medvescak team before the game

Agramer is offline   Reply With Quote