HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crawford signs extension: 6 years

Old
09-04-2013, 11:32 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Except in reality you are wrong - none of the very top players are handing over the big discount you think Kane and Toews will. And there is no reason to think either of them will.
There's no reason to think that they expect to be overpaid or will bolt. You're sounding completely delusional here. Guys don't leave the best team in the league in a top market over $1.5M a year.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 07:07 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Hawks Offseason WOAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
There's no reason to think that they expect to be overpaid or will bolt. You're sounding completely delusional here. Guys don't leave the best team in the league in a top market over $1.5M a year.
what exactly is "overpaid"?

and when did i ever say that they were leaving.

...in fact i said quite the opposite - that the hawks were going to pay them a lot of money. and there's no reason to think that the hawks won't pay them at least 8.5m.

giroux is getting 8.25, malkin is getting 9.5. it's reasonable to assume they will get more than giroux and less than malkin. that isn't an "overpayment".

the people who are "delusional" are the ones who seriously think they are going to re-sign for 7.5

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 07:10 AM
digdug41982

I think 8M per is possible.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 07:50 PM
LarmerSavardSecord

Real good comparables are Perry and Girioux, both top-5-at-position guys that recently re-upped post lockout. Their average per is ~$8.4m. Add 5% for expected average inflation over of the deal and you have just under $9m per as a comp. But there are many reasons to believe they will take less: "goldilocks" big market to make nice side cash while not living in a fishbowl, already have a big contract in the bank, great team outlook with perhaps the the league's' best run franchise.

I'm not sure how much that takes the number down, and Stan doesn't low-ball guys that perform, but I think it's something. i''ll say $8.5m per. Worst case cap-wise, the hawks trade Seabrook for a haul or to move up in the draft to get a future top pair guy (which might be a smart move in any case). He'd be missed but it wouldn't change the hawks status as serious contenders. And better to get a nice return for 2nd tier core guy than to lose a franchise player for nothing. .

LarmerSavardSecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 08:09 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

I would say Toews and Kane get 7 million per year if the Hawks can fit it under the cap. Longer term maybe, they have to factor in some of the endorsements they are getting in Chicago.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2013, 08:17 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
I would say Toews and Kane get 7 million per year if the Hawks can fit it under the cap. Longer term maybe, they have to factor in some of the endorsements they are getting in Chicago.
That would be a huge win for the Hawks. I think more likely a steal at 8M is attainable. Just need to move a guy like Oduya and it's fine with the cap. We have Johns coming up, IMO, net gain. And Oduya has played well lately, but I really like the ruggedness of Johns on this team.

Old
09-07-2013, 12:06 AM
LarmerSavardSecord

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
That's nuts and never ever going to happen. They signed for $6.3m per with 3 RFA years under their contracts when the cap was <$60m and before the hawks won two cups with both earning Conn Smythe awards. The cap is going to be $70m-plus next year, so you're expecting these true UFA now-proven elite guys to take a lower % of the team cap now? Let's be serious. And the "if they can fit them under the cap" comment" is worse, like they might re-sign their two best players if they can grossly underpay them by league standards.

They're getting $8m+, and I doubt Stan would even start talks in the 7s. The range is $8-9m, both sides know it.

LarmerSavardSecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 01:02 PM
ModryJazyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerSavardSecord View Post
That's nuts and never ever going to happen. They signed for $6.3m per with 3 RFA years under their contracts when the cap was <$60m and before the hawks won two cups with both earning Conn Smythe awards. The cap is going to be $70m-plus next year, so you're expecting these true UFA now-proven elite guys to take a lower % of the team cap now? Let's be serious. And the "if they can fit them under the cap" comment" is worse, like they might re-sign their two best players if they can grossly underpay them by league standards.

They're getting $8m+, and I doubt Stan would even start talks in the 7s. The range is $8-9m, both sides know it.
true, that's what I think.

ModryJazyk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 09:55 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 5113
If we get Kane and Toews for $7 million a year each, I'm going to be dancing in the street like you wouldn't believe.

I'm not expecting it, though.

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limits of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 10:10 PM
BronYrAur

HockeySensible aka Hoss had previously said he thought T & K would get between $7.5m and $8m per so at least he is beginning to wise up. Anything less than $9m per year and the Hawks would have to be happy. I think $9m per is the number. Especially if the cap takes a big jump.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 01:54 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Hawks Offseason WOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
If we get Kane and Toews for $7 million a year each, I'm going to be dancing in the street like you wouldn't believe.

I'm not expecting it, though.
i would feel the same if we got them for 8m/yr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
HockeySensible aka Hoss had previously said he thought T & K would get between $7.5m and $8m per so at least he is beginning to wise up. Anything less than $9m per year and the Hawks would have to be happy. I think $9m per is the number. Especially if the cap takes a big jump.
assuming they sign next summer, i think 9m is a bit high. i'm figuring about 8.5...*maybe* 8.75.

perry is at 8.625...while that's high, kane/toews are both better than he is at this point...and perry is top 3 @ RW.

Last edited by UsernameWasTaken: 09-08-2013 at 02:01 AM.
UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Illinihockey

They'll get between 8.5 and 9.25 how are people still debating this?

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 09:26 AM
digdug41982

Probably, doesn't hurt to try though. It's obviously up to them because we're not saying no regardless of what they ask for.