Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2013 Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2013, 06:53 AM
JL17

vCash: 500
Sadly after watching the Leafs Pens game last night I came to the conclusion.... For some reason Matt Rupert looks like he should have been the Leafs pick not Ryan. Raine's been one of the better looking D-men the Leafs have in the tourney. Maatta spent a lot of time jumping up in the rush. McNeill has turned into a very solid mobile D-men.

On the news worthy side of things... have just spent 3 weeks Quebec there's plenty to talk about from the other side of the border.

Old
09-08-2013, 07:32 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Will Liberati be here all year ?
If he is it won't be on D. I can't be the only one who doesn't see a defenseman when he plays.

Old
09-08-2013, 08:18 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
Lol! Well, let's see...what's new? Oh yeah, I bought the new white Knights jersey with Horvat's name and number on the back.
How much did they soak you for their knockoff at the Armoury? Heat press numbers **cringe**

Old
09-08-2013, 10:19 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
If he is it won't be on D. I can't be the only one who doesn't see a defenseman when he plays.

Watch it lol, you've said that before and 77 wants new stuff. And yes 77 it is frustrating when every week something's rehashed. I'm guilty of answering instead of just adding a link to previous discussion.

PP, I agreed with you then and still do. Heck even last year when Fs were playin D ahead of him it was obvious ( to my untrained eye)
My point/question was for those who say we don't need an O minded Dman and throw his name out as one reason we don't. I don't think he's the guy to lead the Mem Cup as a youngin when he didnt play reg D last year. Need a proven vet.
Matta and Zad can add some O and will show improving skills but its not their make up, DNA or we woulda seen more already. They are different kinds of offensive D compared to a Basso

Old
09-08-2013, 10:21 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Sadly after watching the Leafs Pens game last night I came to the conclusion.... For some reason Matt Rupert looks like he should have been the Leafs pick not Ryan. Raine's been one of the better looking D-men the Leafs have in the tourney. Maatta spent a lot of time jumping up in the rush. McNeill has turned into a very solid mobile D-men.

On the news worthy side of things... have just spent 3 weeks Quebec there's plenty to talk about from the other side of the border.
Thanks for the update. I thought Matt was having a solid year, sniping at a decent clip until injuries, suspensions slowed him down. Maybe he has passed Ryan by.
Won't be surprised at all if he play @60 G if he can get 25-30 goals.

Old
09-08-2013, 11:36 AM
tjziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Thanks for the update. I thought Matt was having a solid year, sniping at a decent clip until injuries, suspensions slowed him down. Maybe he has passed Ryan by.
Won't be surprised at all if he play @60 G if he can get 25-30 goals.
If I remember correctly, I believe the Leafs had two picks in a row when they selected Ryan Rupert, I thought Burke would go ahead and select Matt with the next pick, but he wasted it on Sondre Olden. Olden was released from the Leafs system and Matt has finally developed to the same stage as Ryan. He will definitely score 30 goals this season. He would have scored that many goals last season if it weren't for injuries and suspensions.

Old
09-08-2013, 02:31 PM
nelli27
Danny Gallivan

Quote:
How much did they soak you for their knockoff at the Armoury? Heat press numbers **cringe**
With my seasons ticket discount, approx. $200--even with the 'heat pressed numbers', worth every penny.
I'll probably get McCarron's name and number on the back of one of my green jerseys (with the patch--not heat pressed).

Old
09-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Eamon55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjziel View Post
If I remember correctly, I believe the Leafs had two picks in a row when they selected Ryan Rupert, I thought Burke would go ahead and select Matt with the next pick, but he wasted it on Sondre Olden. Olden was released from the Leafs system and Matt has finally developed to the same stage as Ryan. He will definitely score 30 goals this season. He would have scored that many goals last season if it weren't for injuries and suspensions.
Olden was drafted in 2010. In 2012 the Leafs drafted Connor Brown at 156, and then Ryan Rupert 157. The Leafs didn't pick again until 209.

Old
09-08-2013, 02:42 PM
nelli27
Danny Gallivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post

Hey JL, 3 weeks in Quebec! oh that Pauline Marois! She could provide a well-reasoned argument against multiculturalism but she's not clever enough to do that...First, you need to dismantle the arguments raised by its most ardent defender, Will Kymlicka (see his Multicultural Citizenship. Enough of that...let's talk hockey...I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss Kevin Raine.
Even Harrington's game was much more offensive. He was talented enough in London to QB the PP, but Hunter wanted him to excel in his own zone--help keep the pucks out of the net. Should be interesting to see how Hunter uses Maatta and Zadorov this year. Will he want Maatta to be that shutdown d-man in which case, we won't see him pinching much or will he give Maatta the green light.
I hope Zadorov is given every opportunity to rush the puck and display his offensive skill.

Old
09-08-2013, 03:02 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
With my seasons ticket discount, approx. $200--even with the 'heat pressed numbers', worth every penny.
I'll probably get McCarron's name and number on the back of one of my green jerseys (with the patch--not heat pressed).
The Horvat I got is from the Armoury...they do the jerseys there for the STH of the Game promotion. I cringed when I got it because heat pressed numbers make my skin crawl. I'm gonna buy the white...leave it blank for a bit I think..then possibly throw either Marner or Centorame on there...or maybe another Horvat with the "C"

Old
09-08-2013, 05:54 PM
nelli27
Danny Gallivan

Quote:
The Horvat I got is from the Armoury...they do the jerseys there for the STH of the Game promotion. I cringed when I got it because heat pressed numbers make my skin crawl. I'm gonna buy the white...leave it blank for a bit I think..then possibly throw either Marner or Centorame on there...or maybe another Horvat with the "C"
I met Marner's parents at the mini-camp--very nice people. His father is quite knowledgeable about the OHL, and the Knights organization in particular. He's really done his homework. Still not sold on Centorame--I'll keep an open mind. I might have to return to the Armoury "when" Horvat is named captain---there's a bare spot on my jersey that could use a letter!

Old
09-08-2013, 06:56 PM
tjziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamon55 View Post
Olden was drafted in 2010. In 2012 the Leafs drafted Connor Brown at 156, and then Ryan Rupert 157. The Leafs didn't pick again until 209.
Thanks!! I just posted based on my memory, so thanks for the correction!

Old
09-08-2013, 07:34 PM
poisonivy
05, 12, 13 Champs

Quote:
You won't need to do that as Maatta will be captain.

Old
09-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Rubbers29

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonivy View Post
You won't need to do that as Maatta will be captain.
I doubt that, nothing against Maatta, but even though his English has improved I think the language barrier is still there, which would hurt his ability to command the room, Horvat is a natural leader, that's why he wore the C for the under 17's and that's why he'll wear it in London this year, Maatta should have an A

Old
09-08-2013, 08:04 PM
tjziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbers29 View Post
I doubt that, nothing against Maatta, but even though his English has improved I think the language barrier is still there, which would hurt his ability to command the room, Horvat is a natural leader, that's why he wore the C for the under 17's and that's why he'll wear it in London this year, Maatta should have an A
Bo Horvat - C
Olli Maatta - A
Ryan Rupert - A
Matt Rupert - A

That's how I think the Knights will name their captain/alternates.

Old
09-08-2013, 08:34 PM
poisonivy
05, 12, 13 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harky121 View Post
Ok first of all goaltending did not matter for the knights barrie had to good of shots for your goalies that's all and our goalie was the best in the ohl by far its just horvat got a lucky goal that's all and that the only reson why he got drafted in the first round, scheifele doubled his point in the playoffs. The only reason why you guys won game seven is because you gave scheifele a concussion from a typical unfair hit from you guys which knocked him out for the rest of the season and in game 5 Griffith was a ***** on that camara hit they were both going for the puck and camara even tried to miss him and Griffith falls on the ground and pretends he's hurt and gets right back up when he realizes its a penalty which I knew was going to happen because he plays for the knights. That pretty much ended it for Barrie because their two best players were done for the season which basically ment the colts season was done and mind you they were a cm off from beating you guys anyway. You guys literally picked a bender for your first round import draft pick lol.I'm just warning you guys Barrie's gonna have a really good team and I would be afraid if I were you guys colts are gonna win the ohl.NA NA NA NA areaknights makes no sense
When I was your age I had to be in bed before 9. Why aren't you?

Old
09-08-2013, 08:44 PM
tjziel

Quote:
Ok first of all goaltending did not matter for the knights barrie had to good of shots for your goalies that's all and our goalie was the best in the ohl by far its just horvat got a lucky goal that's all and that the only reson why he got drafted in the first round, scheifele doubled his point in the playoffs. The only reason why you guys won game seven is because you gave scheifele a concussion from a typical unfair hit from you guys which knocked him out for the rest of the season and in game 5 Griffith was a ***** on that camara hit they were both going for the puck and camara even tried to miss him and Griffith falls on the ground and pretends he's hurt and gets right back up when he realizes its a penalty which I knew was going to happen because he plays for the knights. That pretty much ended it for Barrie because their two best players were done for the season which basically ment the colts season was done and mind you they were a cm off from beating you guys anyway. You guys literally picked a bender for your first round import draft pick lol.I'm just warning you guys Barrie's gonna have a really good team and I would be afraid if I were you guys colts are gonna win the ohl.NA NA NA NA areaknights makes no sense
Sigh.....Harky yes we scored a lucky goal but the reason why Horvat got drafted in the first round was his strong and complete 2 way game, and in the case of "the goal" his great positioning. If you watch the goal again, he out-muscled Jonathan Laser at the side of the net to tuck in in (Lucky or not, Horvat had to be there to score the goal) Yes, Schiefele could have helped and would they have probably won, I think yes, but the Colts had their chance to win it even without Scheifele, but MacDonald smoked one of the crossbar with 2:00 minutes to go, so STOP COMPLAINING!!!

Now there is an honest opinion of a Knights fans, now get over it!

Last edited by tjziel: 09-08-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old
09-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Harky121

Quote:

Sigh.....Harky yes we scored a lucky goal but the reason why Horvat got drafted in the first round was his strong and complete 2 way game, and in the case of "the goal" his great positioning. If you watch the goal again, he out-muscled Jonathan Laser at the side of the net to tuck in in (Lucky or not, Horvat had to be there to score the goal) Yes, Schiefele could have helped and would they have probably won, I think yes, but the Colts had their chance to win it even without Scheifele, but MacDonald smoked one of the crossbar with 2:00 minutes to go, so STOP COMPLAINING!!!

Now there is an honest opinion of a Knights fans, now get over it!
I can't believe I'm saying this but your the best knights fan I know and yes I guess the game just went your way and you won it just sucks that scheifele or camara could not play thanks tjziel your the best knights fan on here you deserve a medal for that thanks you have ended it its just people like phyler and ares that like to stir it up thanks man

Old
09-08-2013, 09:02 PM
DEVSTER

Quote:
I can't believe I'm saying this but your the best knights fan I know and yes I guess the game just went your way and you won it just sucks that scheifele or camara could not play thanks tjziel your the best knights fan on here you deserve a medal for that thanks you have ended it its just people like phyler and ares that like to stir it up thanks man
Look who's talking...

Old
09-08-2013, 09:32 PM
tjziel

Quote:
Dude, and as for Scheifele, he was bound to get injured because he was killing the Knights and was the "go-to guy" on their team and was literally carrying the team on his back. So how do you overcome a team like that?? You "shut-down" or in London's case, "take-out" the "go-to guy". Because of that, it left Barrie bewildered and they did know what to do without their leader and sniper. So in other words, the Colts were too predictable and one-dimensional by always having Schiefele on the ice and carrying the offensive load, which as you now know is very dangerous.

Old
09-08-2013, 10:33 PM
chewerjones

I cant believe you guys are still arguing about last year's OHL championship.

As an unbiased onlooker, I can say that London let Barrie in the series in games 2,3 and 4, but then Barrie crapped the bed and gave it back to London. Horvat's goal was all luck. Barrie's dmen couldn't even move the puck out of their own zone with a dozen seconds remaining, and then turned it over and Horvat capitalized on a lucky tip.

Lets move on. LOL

Old
09-08-2013, 10:45 PM
tjziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
I cant believe you guys are still arguing about last year's OHL championship.

As an unbiased onlooker, I can say that London let Barrie in the series in games 2,3 and 4, but then Barrie crapped the bed and gave it back to London. Horvat's goal was all luck. Barrie's dmen couldn't even move the puck out of their own zone with a dozen seconds remaining, and then turned it over and Horvat capitalized on a lucky tip.

Lets move on. LOL
Lol! Yeah, I wanted to end this feud, so I gave him my opinion. Anyways, the guy is probably 12 Lol!

Old
09-08-2013, 11:07 PM
chewerjones

London should be the overwhelming favorite to win he West, and then the OHL.

But if they don't win the Mem Cup, I would say that it will be a disappointing 3 yrs.

I believe that you need a puck moving dman and a stay at home dman away from winning it all. You have more than enough front end talent to win, and goaltending should be enough to win it all. It will be all on the defense corps and if they can minimize goals against.

Old
09-09-2013, 05:23 AM
JL17

Quote:
Bo Horvat - C
Olli Maatta - A
Ryan Rupert - A
Matt Rupert - A

That's how I think the Knights will name their captain/alternates.
Unless the Ruperts play smarter hockey they don't see a letter from me.

Horvat C
Maatta A
Broadhurst A if returned
Tierney A

Old
09-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

I will be getting a white Marner jersey. Love the new look!
JL, Ares, Phlyer....love you guys

Harky...its done. Nobody cares what you think, we won. This year? Bring it

Closed Thread