HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

OT:The Avalounge:Marty,we Have to Go Back!! We Have to Give Billy Ray Cyrus a Condom!

Closed Thread

Old
09-07-2013, 10:06 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Just ate 6 pieces of Nick-n-Willy's pizza. Amazing pizza. Enough said.

Old
09-07-2013, 11:50 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauss View Post
poop****
iPhone 5s will be revealed Tuesday

Old
09-08-2013, 02:35 PM
The Shermanator
Lawn Chair Season

vCash: 150
iOS7 too?

Old
09-08-2013, 03:10 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Apple is garbage, seriously garbage, and will be forever garbage.

Old
09-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Cinderella team

vCash: 250
I love how I go from watch one 2 minute random clip on youtube to watching clips like this 10 mins later.

teen Gohan was GOAT.

@SEPH I switched my Iphone 4 to a samsung galaxy and honestly I kinda miss my iphone. So simple and easy to use.

Old
09-08-2013, 04:14 PM
BrickAHL
#Shermy is ELEPHANT

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post

SEPH is GOAT.

Old
09-08-2013, 04:16 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
That's right! Windows Phone forever!

09-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Klauss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
iPhone 5s will be revealed Tuesday
Not on virgin mobile

I have a mortgage, car payments, cable bills, school bills, etc etc... I can't be spending 100+ for unlimited data every month for a phone.

I'll probably just end up getting a Galaxy. I like the integration of photostream and messaging on my Air and iMac, but I don't really like the service, and all the gay ass hooplah they make you go though. I tried to chat with a service rep online, and they want $19.99 to do it. Twenty bucks to CHAT with a service rep, to see if I can even get a replacement at a reasonable price. Come at me, that's retarded.

I love my mac computers, but I've never been overly impressed with the iPhone. I have a hookup in my Audi for an iPhone, which is probably the only thing that I'll really miss from the whole deal.

Old
09-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
That's right! Windows Phone forever!
Haha, right there with ya bud. Let's hope that the Nokia-Microsoft deal works out in our favor. WP8 is finally gaining steam everywhere I've been looking, hell I even saw a local ad (in a stupid spot... but it's a start!).

I always laugh when this one girl I know complains about how stupid her Galaxy is and says she wishes she never got it and had either stuck with her iPhone or looked into the Windows Phone I was telling her about.

Old
09-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Klauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Haha, right there with ya bud. Let's hope that the Nokia-Microsoft deal works out in our favor. WP8 is finally gaining steam everywhere I've been looking, hell I even saw a local ad (in a stupid spot... but it's a start!).

I always laugh when this one girl I know complains about how stupid her Galaxy is and says she wishes she never got it and had either stuck with her iPhone or looked into the Windows Phone I was telling her about.
Is it totally awesome?

Old
09-08-2013, 09:09 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
I love how I go from watch one 2 minute random clip on youtube to watching clips like this 10 mins later.

teen Gohan was GOAT.

@SEPH I switched my Iphone 4 to a samsung galaxy and honestly I kinda miss my iphone. So simple and easy to use.
Actually Highschool Gohan was GOAT, D2M!

It isn't about Iphones or stuff like that. I bought a Ipod nano from them and it broke about five months later. So I went today to get an estimate of what it would cost (FYI only the on/off button broke, the spring most likely) and they said 65 effin bucks. For a freakin ipod nano of all things, but they would replace the whole damn thing. The thing is I bought an item from them, paid for it, and now their own "item" broke and I have pay them MORE money to fix their item that BROKE. Am I the only one who doesn't see common sense in this?

Old
09-08-2013, 09:19 PM
JWK
Missing Mueller

I really want to buy a tablet.

Old
09-08-2013, 09:29 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
I really want to buy a tablet.
Get yourself a Surface...never was a tablet guy myself until I bought one, plus the recent price drops have made the Surface really affordable

Old
09-08-2013, 09:36 PM
JWK
Missing Mueller

Quote:
Get yourself a Surface...never was a tablet guy myself until I bought one, plus the recent price drops have made the Surface really affordable
I saw a commercial for that and immediately searched that on Amazon. I liked what I read about it.

I've used my mom's iPad before and didn't really like it so if I do get one, it won't be an ipad.

Old
09-08-2013, 10:02 PM
The Shermanator
Lawn Chair Season

Breaking Bad.......

Old
09-08-2013, 10:07 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
I saw a commercial for that and immediately searched that on Amazon. I liked what I read about it.

I've used my mom's iPad before and didn't really like it so if I do get one, it won't be an ipad.
I truly think people only give it (the Surface) a bad rap are A) the ones who have never even used it to begin with; and B) the ones who think that Apps are the "be all, end all" of a Tablet.

The Windows Store has nearly all of the "big name" Apps: Netflix, Hulu, Twitter, etc.

Pandora is on its way to devices supporting Windows RT (which is what the regular Surface runs) and they have banking on there as well.

Windows RT gets knocked a bit, but I don't understand why. It is to Microsoft what iOS is to Apple, which is to say that Windows RT is the MOBILE version of Windows, it's not meant to provide the same exact experience that regular Windows delivers, much like iOS doesn't for Apple's mobile devices (iPad, iPod, iPhone).

In the end, I'm very happy with my Surface, I even just got a Colorado Avalanche skin from the Microsoft Store in Overland Park, KS. Only regret was not waiting for these prices drops, because at $349, getting a 32GB tablet that supports MicroSD (I bought a 32GB MicroSD card for it) is an amazing deal. On top of that, if you want a Black Touch Cover (which has the touch-sensitive keyboard on the otherside) it's only $399 w/ a 32GB Surface RT, or if you didn't want one, other colored Touch Covers are $79

Old
09-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Flanagan
Registered Loser

vCash: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
Breaking Bad.......
360 no-scope headshot by Todd coming up

RIP Gomez

Old
09-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Lonewolfe2015

I also like the 10.1" size display RL. Perfect size for web browsing, which has most of the "apps" I need.

I'm still upset over the lack of integration with WP8, but I can wait. People adopting the platform now expect better.

Old
09-08-2013, 10:40 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I also like the 10.1" size display RL. Perfect size for web browsing, which has most of the "apps" I need.

I'm still upset over the lack of integration with WP8, but I can wait. People adopting the platform now expect better.
Yes, exactly, the 10.1" screen is really nice!

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Windows 8.1 supposed to be the first step towards "unifying" Windows RT and WP8? As in, there are Apps on WP8 (like Pandora for example) that is not on Windows RT, and 8.1 is the first step towards bringing them all under the same umbrella?

Old
09-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Yes, exactly, the 10.1" screen is really nice!

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Windows 8.1 supposed to be the first step towards "unifying" Windows RT and WP8? As in, there are Apps on WP8 (like Pandora for example) that is not on Windows RT, and 8.1 is the first step towards bringing them all under the same umbrella?
8.1 will bring the kernals to the same iteration, which supposedly will allow a more robust api for developers to enable cross platform apps (possibly even XB1). But hardcoded integration is lacking, where you can beam webpages back and forth, remote management, etc. The apps are also too different between core apps. WP8 has better mail management, contacts, etc. They should have integrated WP8 rather than rewrote the UI for Win8.

Everything has flaws, Microsoft's s that their ecosystem advertises a cross functionality which isn't easy or wholly there yet.

Old
09-08-2013, 11:14 PM
The Shermanator
Lawn Chair Season

I just watched that whole DBZ video and the funny thing is thats only half the fight.

Old
09-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Boulder Avalanche

Quote:
Apple fills a niche in the tech market. One of refined and tight products. Android may have more "features" and Windows 8 Phone may be more "innovative" but iOS a very mature, steady,predictable, walled garden. Issues between software and hardware are minimal. iOS is what you use if you are a large company becuase of the predictably, ease of use, and large app ecosystem or just want a phone that works well out of the box. Android is for tinkerers and geeks. Windows Phone falls in between. I personally love my iPhone it is exactly what I want.

Old
09-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I like my apple phone because it synchs to the computer and other devices so well, but I absolutely hate everything Apple stands for as a company.

Little to no company values and pretty much complete disregard for ethics. Biggest tax evaders in the US yet everyone gives them a free pass because they don't want to lose Candy Crush. #makesnosense

Old
09-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I like my apple phone because it synchs to the computer and other devices so well, but I absolutely hate everything Apple stands for as a company.

Little to no company values and pretty much complete disregard for ethics. Biggest tax evaders in the US yet everyone gives them a free pass because they don't want to lose Candy Crush. #makesnosense
I'm no Apple fan, but I think you can pretty much say that about all large corporations. Corporations want to make money, and they'll avoid expenses where necessary. Just the nature of the beast.

I'm Korean, so I tend to have an Asian bias, but I tend to buy Samsung or LG products for the most part. They both manufacture their parts and electronics in Korea, so I have less worry about ethics on that front. Then again, Korea has rampant white collar fraud, too. And that Samsung basically owns the country of Korea (and it's government) since it produces almost 1/4 of the country's economy...

Old
09-09-2013, 10:44 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
Breaking Bad.......
It is going to be a real wild ride the last 3 episodes.

Closed Thread