HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lars Eller ....

Old
09-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemiseBleuHonnete View Post
I'm always amazed by how much people are sure they know about exercise physiology and the human body. Truth is, most people who open their mouths know nothing about it.
Maybe you have knowledge in this area and can contribute your thoughts on this thread.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 06:04 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Losing 10 lbs. in one game??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Not bloody likely if the player is re-hydrating properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
That's what I thought. 10 lbs in such short time means you're completely dehydrated and will faint at some point.
Patrick Roy was noted as losing as much as 10 lbs per game.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Johnny B Good

Henrik Lundqvist said that he lost between 7-9 pounds during a game.

Johnny B Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 06:36 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Maybe you have knowledge in this area and can contribute your thoughts on this thread.
Besides the fact that a few people had unrealistic expectations about weight gain, I pretty much have nothing to say. Also, creatine doesn't cause a lot of water retention.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 06:47 PM
S Bah

Jenny Craig will be putting all of her actress clients on " The New Dane-Swedish Diet " popularized by professional athlete's Lars Eller and Henrik Lundquist, star hockey players from the Montreal Canadiens and the New York Rangers.

The popular diet, is used for quick weight loss by actors needing to drop huge weight for the characters they have to portray. It's said that one person took the dieting to excess and lost 19 lbs. in 2.5 hrs. and had to be rushed to hospital to save their life. Now everyone knows not to lose more than 10 lbs. in 2.5 hrs. per day. This will give all that use "The Diet" lots more free down time to regain their weight and feel good about themselves looking like every normal Junk Food Junkies!

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakaar10iemechx2012 View Post
Patrick Roy was noted as losing as much as 10 lbs per game.
10 lbs is a lot for a guy like Pat. He wasn't this huge athlete. According to a NFL trainer, players will lose around 3% of their bodyweight during games. This is based on him weighing his athletes before and after games. So if Roy weighed 200lbs, that's 6lbs. But according to hockeydb, he weighed 165lbs, so it's even less. Unless you want to argue that hockey players sweat more but I'm pretty sure it's the same.

In any event, it's all water weight, which is regained before the next games game through drinking and eating.

Last edited by Kriss E: 09-08-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 07:42 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
10 lbs is a lot for a guy like Pat. He wasn't this huge athlete. According to a NFL trainer, players will lose around 3% of their bodyweight during games. This is based on him weighing his athletes before and after games. So if Roy weighed 200lbs, that's 6lbs. But according to hockeydb, he weighed 165lbs, so it's even less. Unless you want to argue that hockey players sweat more but I'm pretty sure it's the same.

In any event, it's all water weight, which is regained before the next games game through drinking and eating.
Dude, i am not going to argue with you. Patrick Roy was noted for losing up to 10 lbs per game. Point finale.

Old
09-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Dude, i am not going to argue with you. Patrick Roy was noted for losing up to 10 lbs per game. Point finale.
Point finale? What is your point exactly?

Old
09-08-2013, 10:38 PM
FuriousBob

I remember watching an interview with plekanec saying he can loose 10 lbs in one game.

I was curious as how that would be possible so on a very hot summer day I whent to play cosom hockey.

I've weighted myself before and after.

I drank 3 liters of water while playing and still loosed 6 pounds.

You guys should do the experiment, it's crazy.

FuriousBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2013, 07:38 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Point finale? What is your point exactly?
Hmmm, that just maybe you don't know everything ?

Old
09-10-2013, 08:09 AM
Neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
At this point I don't think ANYBODY can defend Dave Stubbs' methodology of sucking on the organization's giant, waving member until some phlegmy wisp of "news" is squirted out onto his face.

Stubbs is the organization's cheerleader, Marinaro is the warthog that rummages through the trash bins every once in a while.

I'd love for jellybeans to actually read our posts against him - if only to galvanize his stubborn behaviour even more and furthur expose his idiocy bit by bit.

Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Hmmm, that just maybe you don't know everything ?
Never pretended to know everything, but I am a strength and conditioning coach. So I do know a thing or two about this.

Never said it was impossible btw, just that it's probably a little less than 10lbs. Not sure why you got all defensive and upset about.

Old
09-10-2013, 10:38 AM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:

Roy weighted 165lbs when he won the Stanley Cup as the skinny skinny goalie in 1986. He was a good 205-210lbs+ later in his carreer.

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote