HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Rookie camp roster (September 5-9)

Closed Thread

Old
09-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

vCash: 500
Thanks for the reports WS and Beaker!

Old
09-09-2013, 05:01 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Easiest would be to say: Crisp, Andrighetto and Reway. I'd add Thomas and Pateryn. Not sure that I've seen the day that my 3 stars of a camp were guys drafted the camp's year.....
Thanks WS. I see you wrote nothing about Nate the Great. Was that intentional or accidental.

Old
09-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
you and i both know the majority of goals scored in the play offs are garbage goals...i for one am intrigued we have a player who may be capable of this.
Definitely true, and good point. You just can't be a liability for the other 99% of your ice time, though.

Old
09-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Thanks WS. I see you wrote nothing about Nate the Great. Was that intentional or accidental.
Totally accidental. I'll do it. Honestly, with what I saw at the dev. camp, I thought he had a fine day today. I think he tried to make it simpler. Had some pretty good moments with the puck. Frankly, didn't do THAT many mistakes as he usually does. I'll add it to the "Okay" list. He has to be better though.....he's borderline the dissapointment list too....

Old
09-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Great reports guys!

Old
09-09-2013, 05:56 PM
windycity

Whitesnake

First, thanks for the report that's good stuff. Regarding Reway, he really does sound intriguing. How small does he look actually - I thought he as listed as 5'8 or 5'9 but every comment seems to be that he's tiny. Is it partly a weight issue? What do you see as the strengths and weaknesses of his game? Obviously size is an issue but does he show enough potential to overcome it (and hopefully he grows a bit)

Last edited by windycity: 09-09-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old
09-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Bullsmith

Our GM takes a lot of heat on this board, but since taking over he has added enormous variety and depth to our prospect pool, including adding key pros. It's true PG did exit gracefully in terms of draft picks (not so much in terms of cap, picking up guys like Kaberle when the nosedive was at full steam), but MB hoarded and even added to them in a year when many, many bad orgs would have been buyers. More importantly, they have been used for all kinds of interesting players. Since so many will bust, it is really encouraging to see so many guys who have size and/or drive and/or elite level skill of one kind or another.

By comparison, the Leafs have a very young team and have improved it, but their system is nigh on decimated, with very, very few high-upside prospects (of any kind. Beyond Reilly it's pretty bare- they have some big but soft 3rd liners, a handful of meh d, but after that I don't see much in the way of even potential standout roleplayers, much less Hudon or Bealieu type guys who might not pan out but could be sensational.) And they're missing high-round picks for a couple of years to come, IIRC. Habs fans know all to well how dry your farm team can look after years of handing away 2nd and 3rd round picks.

As WS noted, his top three players from today's scrimmage were this year's picks. Going into training camp there are a lot of players who have some kind of shot at being valuable to an NHL team at some point in the future.

Good for these boards, I'd hope.

Old
09-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
First, thanks for the report that's good stuff. Regarding Reway, he really does sound intriguing. How small does he look actually - I thought he as listed as 5'8 or 5'9 but every comment seems to be that he's tiny. Is it partly a weight issue? What do you see as the strenghts and weaknesses of his game? Obviously sizeis an issue but does he show enough potential to overcome it (and hopefully he grows a bit)
Tiny and not tall. I mean, at least on the ice, unless one wears a gear much too big for his size, you tend to see that Andrighetto looks more solidly build in his upper body. Mind you...there is an age difference here, so just normal. Honestly, Reway is a very good prospect. February in 2013, I said that Reway had the pure talent but it was matter of bringing it in higher level. I also said at that time that I didn't want us to pick him top 3 rounds cause he had work to do everywhere else but offense. We'll see if he's able to do it. But so far so kid. Dangles at high speed, isn't afraid of traffic, aware defensively.

Looking throughout my old posts, with some stupidities I've said and some good things as well and came across some bashing I did towards the CSS mainly regarding Andrighetto.....Looking good for me.... I did mention that Reway at #91 seemed too far....even if at one point I wasn't sure at taking it for us that high...Same with Grégoire who was far on CSS list....Didn't know at that time that in this one single post, I was talking about 4 future Habs....as I also mentioned that it wouldn't be surprising to see McCarron go 1st round...even though if not that long ago...I wasn't too sure about that. Seems to me I was more intelligent in April that I was in September....and they say you are suppose to improve with age...

Seriously, if Reway can bulk up a little....I mean, he will be a serious player. With his talent comes a freakin great attitude, a winning attitude, a guy that wants to succeed. And when they are like that, they usually do. Makes me think of Pageau, Gabriel Bourque or our own Gallagher.

Old
09-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Mercury10

Thanks very much Beaker and WS for the reports. I really appreciate them since I live in BC and can't make it to the camps myself.

Old
09-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

By the way, small bit of info regarding the real Habs practicing on the other ice while the rookies were on the main one....With no coaches there, I didn,t see all the practice but I know that Big George was the one conducting some of the exercices....and not the fighting ones. But the skating and passing one...that was pretty odd to see.

Then, I didn't see for myself, so whoever saw it please confirm, guys were playing a game and it seems that from behind, Markov crosschecked Galchenyuk on the post....Now, I saw Galchy making extra after the game with Prust so it didn't look that bad, but from the guy who said it in front of me, it looked really stupid from Markov to do that.....

Just a small ininteresting piece of info....Don't say that to RDS....they'll title their TV show, "Markov hates rookies...".

Old
09-09-2013, 08:55 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Tiny and not tall. I mean, at least on the ice, unless one wears a gear much too big for his size, you tend to see that Andrighetto looks more solidly build in his upper body. Mind you...there is an age difference here, so just normal. Honestly, Reway is a very good prospect. February in 2013, I said that Reway had the pure talent but it was matter of bringing it in higher level. I also said at that time that I didn't want us to pick him top 3 rounds cause he had work to do everywhere else but offense. We'll see if he's able to do it. But so far so kid. Dangles at high speed, isn't afraid of traffic, aware defensively.

Looking throughout my old posts, with some stupidities I've said and some good things as well and came across some bashing I did towards the CSS mainly regarding Andrighetto.....Looking good for me.... I did mention that Reway at #91 seemed too far....even if at one point I wasn't sure at taking it for us that high...Same with Grégoire who was far on CSS list....Didn't know at that time that in this one single post, I was talking about 4 future Habs....as I also mentioned that it wouldn't be surprising to see McCarron go 1st round...even though if not that long ago...I wasn't too sure about that. Seems to me I was more intelligent in April that I was in September....and they say you are suppose to improve with age...

Seriously, if Reway can bulk up a little....I mean, he will be a serious player. With his talent comes a freakin great attitude, a winning attitude, a guy that wants to succeed. And when they are like that, they usually do. Makes me think of Pageau, Gabriel Bourque or our own Gallagher.
Thanks for the insights! Sounds like a perfect middle round pick - high risk, high reward

Old
09-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Thanks for the reports! Love the comments on Thomas and Nygren, hopefully both will make it.

People will love Andrighetto skill. Stefan Fournier didnt steal his contract, i think they will turn it around in Hamilton this year.

Old
09-09-2013, 09:07 PM
not quite yoda

I see on RDS that Colberg is to attend the main camp?! Can anyone confirm this?

Old
09-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
Im too lazy to find the tweet but yes its confirmed his team is lending him to come for camp.

Old
09-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Some video from the scrimmage today:

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...rimmage-sept-7

Old
09-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Our GM takes a lot of heat on this board
He does?..

It's not because some people criticize a couple of his moves, mainly the under value-hold out on PK and Briere deal, that he gets a lot of heat. Overall, it's the general consensus here that he's done a pretty decent-good job. A couple think he's done bad, a couple thinks he's done amazing, but the majority is pretty pleased.

Old
09-10-2013, 01:35 AM
Mr. Hab

For your reading pleasure! (article on Crisp and other prospects):

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...743/story.html

Old
09-10-2013, 03:01 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
For your reading pleasure! (article on Crisp and other prospects):

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...743/story.html
First i have the chance to put my eyes on the face of Nystrom, he's a beautiful young men!

Old
09-10-2013, 03:33 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
First i have the chance to put my eyes on the face of Nystrom, he's a beautiful young men!
That's exactly why I added this link to the article!!
(so all of you can feast your eyes on Nystrom or Nygren!!...I'm pretty sure lots of girls like the Nystrom or Nygren look!).

All jokes aside...Nygren is probably the 1st dman to replace either Markov or Diaz, no? in case of injuries. (and then...Beaulieu is right after).

J.Tinordi (now #24?, ex-Chelios #!!) is the 1st dman to come in in case of injuries to Murray, imo. (or if Emelin gets injured again after coming back in Nov or Dec). Can't wait for Emelin, Murray, Tinordi...to ALL be in the top 6 this year (as long as Subban and Gorges are there).

If (knock on wood against it!) Subban gets injured...oye ve.
(we would need another PK Subban). I really hope he continues being so resilient and mobile (knows hot to avoid checks to last longer, to avoid injuries while getting the puck out of the zone...smartest dman out there, also super crafty, imo).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 09-10-2013 at 04:21 AM.
Old
09-10-2013, 03:51 AM
Dada

If Nygren can keep up with the NHL tempo, see ya Diaz, and welcome 2nd pick in 2014

Old
09-10-2013, 04:23 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
If Nygren can keep up with the NHL tempo, see ya Diaz, and welcome 2nd pick in 2014
Or maybe they keep Diaz and move Markov for a 1st Rnd Pick + decent prospect at the trade deadline? (if Markov can loosen his No Trade Clause?). We shall see what happens at the trade deadline...
(maybe Markov and Diaz will stay?).

From Streit to Diaz to maybe...Nygren!

Old
09-10-2013, 06:15 AM
SwedenCanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
Confirmed in swedish media about an hour ago.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle17442974.ab

Old
09-10-2013, 06:32 AM
25get

vCash: 50
Thanks for the reports.
We will now see which ones will stick longer in the camp.

Old
09-10-2013, 06:47 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Let's hope Brady Vail doesn't have the low self-esteem that Leblanc has. If the only reason why Leblanc was invited directly in the main camp so that his little confidence wouldn't be shattered...how would you feel to be the only eligible draftee that is not invited to the main camp? He CLEARLY didn't deserve it....but Bozon didn't show anything. MacAulay, not enough. And Quailer being there is just the greatest joke on earth, probably just to hurt Vail a little more, would say a conspiracy theorist...Makes no sense whatsoever. You want to make people accountable for showing up....fine with me. Great. But apply it to everybody. Geez, I would have even considered not inviting Holland based on yesterday's game.....

I guess that's a test for your attitude Brady or....you have just been traded or will be traded in the upcoming weeks.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 09-10-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old
09-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
Thanks for the reports.
We will now see which ones will stick longer in the camp.
Guys I would give extensive looks for the near future (they won't make the team, but who will be the first callups (depending of the need, I know...). Andrighetto, Fournier, Bournival, Dumont, Leblanc, St-Pierre, Nystrom, Tarnasky and Thomas. On D, somehow, my 2 guys I'd give an extensive look are Nygren and Pateryn. We know what Tinordi can give us. And we know that Beaulieu needs another full year.

I hope all of them have a whole lot of preseason games.

Closed Thread