HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT:16/11/06 Montreal @ Florida 7:30 PM EST RDS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2006, 10:42 AM
  #476
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,659
vCash: 500
The Habs lost because Niinimaa was benched.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline  
Old
11-17-2006, 10:56 AM
  #477
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,934
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
I'm just curious... has either Kovalev, Samsonov or Markov produced ONE really good effort so far this year?
Markov is one of the top point getting defencemen in the league. Sure, he isn't playing as well as he can, but at least he's contributing. Unlike the other two.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
11-17-2006, 11:42 AM
  #478
!nkubus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Laval, QC
Posts: 870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
The Habs lost because Niinimaa was benched.
Niinimaa is that you?

!nkubus is offline  
Old
11-17-2006, 01:30 PM
  #479
As the Glorious Weep
Registered User
 
As the Glorious Weep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
This board is getting more amazing by the day!!! When the Habs win, we get, Koivu is God, Souray is a Monster, What a shot by Ryder, What a move by King Lats, and so, and so on. When they lose, Ryder is an idiot, Koivu should not be our captain, trade Souray, Rivet is a pylon, get rid of Sammy, etc., etc. It makes one wonder how many posters here have any real knowledge of the game of hockey, and how many are still in high school, or over the age of 15 yrs.????
There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, there is nothing wrong with open dialogue about a player or the teams play after a game, but just throwing around statements like stupid, idiot, brain dead, ***hole, etc. is just plain immature.
Some posters comment about putting other posters on an ignore list, well, if this board doesn't bring it's standards back up to par, than many people will probably put the entire board on an ignore list. Talk about the game being boring, well,this board is beginning to take first place in the "boring" catagory
Basically, you have positive posters like me that only post when the team wins. When the team loses I just read and can't find anything positive to post.

Then you have the posters who only post negative things. Those guys come out in droves when the habs lose.

And then you have the posters that follow the mood of the day: if the habs lose, we should trade everyone. if the habs win, we should prepare for hte stanley cup parade.

GO HABS GO! KOIVU IS GOD!

As the Glorious Weep is offline  
Old
11-17-2006, 03:37 PM
  #480
Phousse
Registered User
 
Phousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
I'm just curious... has either Kovalev, Samsonov or Markov produced ONE really good effort so far this year?
Samsonov did against that 5-4 shootout loss to the Leafs a few weeks back. It was right after he was demoted to the 4th line and during the game he worked his way back up with 2 goals and a shootout goal.

Phousse is offline  
Old
11-17-2006, 05:43 PM
  #481
Mackee
Registered User
 
Mackee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
This board is getting more amazing by the day!!! When the Habs win, we get, Koivu is God, Souray is a Monster, What a shot by Ryder, What a move by King Lats, and so, and so on. When they lose, Ryder is an idiot, Koivu should not be our captain, trade Souray, Rivet is a pylon, get rid of Sammy, etc., etc. It makes one wonder how many posters here have any real knowledge of the game of hockey, and how many are still in high school, or over the age of 15 yrs.????
There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, there is nothing wrong with open dialogue about a player or the teams play after a game, but just throwing around statements like stupid, idiot, brain dead, ***hole, etc. is just plain immature.
Some posters comment about putting other posters on an ignore list, well, if this board doesn't bring it's standards back up to par, than many people will probably put the entire board on an ignore list. Talk about the game being boring, well,this board is beginning to take first place in the "boring" catagory
Welcome to Montreal.

Mackee is offline  
Old
11-17-2006, 06:10 PM
  #482
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
No
Well, Phil is an ex Q player, I've been reading his posts for a while now and he's consistent and often right on the money.

Little Nilan is offline  
Old
11-17-2006, 06:18 PM
  #483
Sthabs
Registered User
 
Sthabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
This board is getting more amazing by the day!!! When the Habs win, we get, Koivu is God, Souray is a Monster, What a shot by Ryder, What a move by King Lats, and so, and so on. When they lose, Ryder is an idiot, Koivu should not be our captain, trade Souray, Rivet is a pylon, get rid of Sammy, etc., etc. It makes one wonder how many posters here have any real knowledge of the game of hockey, and how many are still in high school, or over the age of 15 yrs.????
There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, there is nothing wrong with open dialogue about a player or the teams play after a game, but just throwing around statements like stupid, idiot, brain dead, ***hole, etc. is just plain immature.
Some posters comment about putting other posters on an ignore list, well, if this board doesn't bring it's standards back up to par, than many people will probably put the entire board on an ignore list. Talk about the game being boring, well,this board is beginning to take first place in the "boring" catagory

True, and it s getting annoying to read stupid kids that think they knows something or that just can t argue....
the board on the Canadiens site is much more mature and better organized...
not as busy though...
gotta be the kids lol

Sthabs is offline  
Old
11-17-2006, 06:21 PM
  #484
Sthabs
Registered User
 
Sthabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBlancRouge View Post
Welcome to Montreal.
Sorry i dont agree, we are hard on our players and teams but it s just immature comments most of the times...
We like to create controversys and stuff and we want the best players in the line up but we dont insult players or disrespect them like some people here do
Again, that s just stupid class-less kids

Sthabs is offline  
Old
11-17-2006, 06:21 PM
  #485
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
True, and it s getting annoying to read stupid kids that think they knows something or that just can t argue....
the board on the Canadiens site is much more mature and better organized...
not as busy though...
gotta be the kids lol
Like on Habsrus, the Moderators have a lot of power there and generally do a very good job at keeping the "bad" posts very low and encourage respect.

Little Nilan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.