HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

New Arenas in the KHL-VHL-MHL

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-23-2013, 03:04 PM
  #376
loppa*
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: No' 'Murica!
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,711
vCash: 500
Could someone make a list of all the big arenas that are under construction or planned for the KHL?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
What in the hell are you talking about?
I misread khl as nhl. Sorry/Izvini pazalusta.


Last edited by loppa*: 08-23-2013 at 03:18 PM.
loppa* is offline  
Old
08-24-2013, 07:26 AM
  #377
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,914
vCash: 500
Well, I'll make that list at some point in the future. When there is less talk and more action.

ult is offline  
Old
08-24-2013, 07:33 AM
  #378
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 6,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
Despite being one of the best KHL teams in the first 5 years of the competition their attendance at home was mostly terrible. Do you think this will change just because of a new arena?

What was the main reason for people not to come? Tickets too expansive (think someone in the forum here said so)? No interest in CSKA hockey by general population?
Football CSKA can't get as many attendees, despite being a Russian champion. Hockey CSKA won't get all the more.

Kshahdoo is online now  
Old
08-29-2013, 07:39 AM
  #379
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,914
vCash: 500
According to the first vice-governor of Primorskiy region Admiral Vladivostok plans to build 16000-seat arena.

ult is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 12:30 PM
  #380
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,914
vCash: 500
Today the governor of Nizhny Novgorod Oblast signed the deal with MSC LBE Development (you won't find it in google) for $2 bln investment in Sports & Edutainment complex in Nizhny Novgorod, including 15000 arena, five star hotel, convention center, mall, indoor theme park, education and entertainment center and residential and commercial complex.




ult is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 05:11 PM
  #381
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,914
vCash: 500
The latest renders of VTB Arena in Moscow. Around 12000 seats. I don't think they'll be changing the project again. The contractor is chosen (Vinci), ground works are in progress. Construction should finally start soon.




ult is offline  
Old
09-09-2013, 11:20 PM
  #382
loppa*
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: No' 'Murica!
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Today the governor of Nizhny Novgorod Oblast signed the deal with MSC LBE Development (you won't find it in google) for $2 bln investment in Sports & Edutainment complex in Nizhny Novgorod, including 15000 arena, five star hotel, convention center, mall, indoor theme park, education and entertainment center and residential and commercial complex.
Too much money. (((


Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
The latest renders of VTB Arena in Moscow. Around 12000 seats. I don't think they'll be changing the project again. The contractor is chosen (Vinci), ground works are in progress. Construction should finally start soon.
Why is it not more, considering that Moscow is so big?

loppa* is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 01:05 AM
  #383
ViD
#CBJNeedHugs
 
ViD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blue Jackets Area
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 11,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
The latest renders of VTB Arena in Moscow. Around 12000 seats. I don't think they'll be changing the project again. The contractor is chosen (Vinci), ground works are in progress. Construction should finally start soon.



looks amazing

ViD is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 05:48 AM
  #384
doctorgreg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Belarus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loppa View Post
Why is it not more, considering that Moscow is so big?
I believe its okay, cause there is Megasport (14k), will be VTB-arena (12k), Legends Arena (12k, probably for Spartak) and the mysterious CSKA arena (may be 18-20k).

And that more than enough for Moscow.

doctorgreg is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 05:54 AM
  #385
Salavat Yulaev
Registered User
 
Salavat Yulaev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Almaty
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loppa View Post
Why is it not more, considering that Moscow is so big?
Even in small arenas of Moscow there are many empty seats. People in Moscow are spoiled with great variety of entertainments.

Salavat Yulaev is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 09:29 AM
  #386
jaco
Registered User
 
jaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Italy
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
MSC LBE Development (you won't find it in google)
A new company, capable to obtain such a big job? Or a friend of the governor?

jaco is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 10:03 AM
  #387
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco View Post
A new company, capable to obtain such a big job? Or a friend of the governor?
No, not like that. It's some South Korean company, and the CEO who was representing them - Augustine Kim - is more into movie theme park business as far as I understood. He's like the ceo of a dozen companies, according to google. So I think it's more like a new branch.

ult is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 10:11 AM
  #388
jaco
Registered User
 
jaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Italy
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
No, not like that. It's some South Korean company, and the CEO who was representing them - Augustine Kim - is more into movie theme park business as far as I understood. He's like the ceo of a dozen companies, according to google. So I think it's more like a new branch.
Ok.... You know, me being Italian....

jaco is offline  
Old
09-12-2013, 01:08 PM
  #389
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,914
vCash: 500
Barys-Arena (12000)

Plan:


Model (Barys-Arena is on the left):

ult is offline  
Old
09-12-2013, 09:20 PM
  #390
loppa*
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: No' 'Murica!
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,711
vCash: 500
Are they planning any other big arenas in Kazakhstan?

loppa* is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 02:33 PM
  #391
Jokeri
Registered User
 
Jokeri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
I read a whole thread and somebody say that in a future KHL team should have atleast 12k arena.
Can someone tell me why they build arena in Vladivostok with only 7500 seats?

Jokeri is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 02:36 PM
  #392
Hockeyfan31*
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeri View Post
I read a whole thread and somebody say that in a future KHL team should have atleast 12k arena.
Can someone tell me why they build arena in Vladivostok with only 7500 seats?
Because building started quite some time ago?

Hockeyfan31* is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 02:46 PM
  #393
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeri View Post
I read a whole thread and somebody say that in a future KHL team should have atleast 12k arena.
Can someone tell me why they build arena in Vladivostok with only 7500 seats?
They started to build earlier, had no idea about KHL. Maybe they will build new one arena? If there is demand, they will consider it. It was said before season started.

vorky is online now  
Old
09-22-2013, 03:02 PM
  #394
Jokeri
Registered User
 
Jokeri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
Ok, sounds like they build a whole brand (team, arena etc) little too fast.
Still better than just talk IMHO.

thanks for answering Vorky

Jokeri is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 03:04 PM
  #395
penepi
Registered User
 
penepi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeri View Post
Ok, sounds like they build a whole brand (team, arena etc) little too fast.
Still better than just talk IMHO.

thanks for answering Vorky
Vladivostok is a town of about 600k inhabitants; they really deserve at least that 12k arena.

penepi is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 03:18 PM
  #396
Jokeri
Registered User
 
Jokeri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
Some arenas, like Jekaterinburg and Novokuznetsk are a big turn off for me.
Its like watching a other hockey league compared to watching game from St.Petersburg or Jaroslav.
Hopefully these plans for new arenas in places like Astana, Nizni Novgorod etc will be done soon, because the whole credibility of a KHL is on stake.

Jokeri is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 04:01 PM
  #397
Hockeyfan31*
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeri View Post
Some arenas, like Jekaterinburg and Novokuznetsk are a big turn off for me.
Its like watching a other hockey league compared to watching game from St.Petersburg or Jaroslav.
Hopefully these plans for new arenas in places like Astana, Nizni Novgorod etc will be done soon, because the whole credibility of a KHL is on stake.
Ok, if you say so

Hockeyfan31* is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 04:58 PM
  #398
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,731
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeri View Post
Some arenas, like Jekaterinburg and Novokuznetsk are a big turn off for me.
Its like watching a other hockey league compared to watching game from St.Petersburg or Jaroslav.
Hopefully these plans for new arenas in places like Astana, Nizni Novgorod etc will be done soon, because the whole credibility of a KHL is on stake.
They have recently got HD broadcasts and I would greatly disagree with this statement. There lighting is better than most arenas, and they usually have a full arena, great atmosphere - especially since the arena seems to be tailored to hockey (fans are right up to the glass, not 5 feet behind like many other arenas). I actually would prefer watching games there than to most other arenas. No comment on Novokuznetsk.

malkinfan is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 12:33 AM
  #399
Jokeri
Registered User
 
Jokeri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan31 View Post
Ok, if you say so
That time of a month? again??

Jokeri is offline  
Old
09-23-2013, 12:38 AM
  #400
Jokeri
Registered User
 
Jokeri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
They have recently got HD broadcasts and I would greatly disagree with this statement. There lighting is better than most arenas, and they usually have a full arena, great atmosphere - especially since the arena seems to be tailored to hockey (fans are right up to the glass, not 5 feet behind like many other arenas). I actually would prefer watching games there than to most other arenas. No comment on Novokuznetsk.
You are right, that was bad example they have a great atmosphere and its full almost everytime, my bad.
My whole writing was about that its sad to watch a good hockey played in arenas like Rauma, Pori or Novokuznetsk.
Didnt mean to upset anyone,specially fans of Metallurg or Avtomobilist.

Jokeri is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.