HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Peewee AA Lsl North- What a mess

Old
09-09-2013, 08:35 AM
letthekidsplay

vCash: 500
Peewee AA Lsl North- What a mess

With the peewee BB season starting this coming Saturday, the Peewee AA LSL north team situation is far from being settled and is a complete joke.

They are getting smoked every game. They still have over twenty players in camp but the directors of the structures are still frantically trying to attract players from Deux rives and Versant ouest to come and tryout. Apparently, LSL is even allowing the LSL pw AA north team to go and get players from Lakeshore and West island. They are threatening to force Deux Rives to make 2 BB teams if at least three more players from BB tryouts don't come to AA, even though Deux rives has already supplied 11 players out of 17 on the peewee AAA team.

According to many people the peewee BB team from Deux Rives could beat the AA north team by at least 4-5 goals if they played head to head.

Also, there are rumblings that even before the season starts that the coaching staff from this pw AA north team might be replaced. What a mess.

Imagine the parents who have kids presently in these tryouts since mid August how they must feel. Its an embarrassment.

The AAA/AA structure shot themselves in the foot by giving releases at the beginning of the tryout process and now they are stuck.

letthekidsplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Involvedparent
Rookie User

That is a nice ultimatum..."play AA or we're splitting the BB teams into 2."
Nice way to pressure 12 year old kids who just want to have fun.

So in their eyes it's ok to have 2 crappy teams but it's not ok to have 1 good team.

Involvedparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 09:31 AM
proam16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Involvedparent View Post
That is a nice ultimatum..."play AA or we're splitting the BB teams into 2."
Nice way to pressure 12 year old kids who just want to have fun.

So in their eyes it's ok to have 2 crappy teams but it's not ok to have 1 good team.
The alternative would be to make the kids who are able to play PW AA - play BT A. if the kids ar too strong for a level - LSL/HQ can force them to play up

proam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Involvedparent
Rookie User

I'd agree with you if the kids are head and shoulders above the rest but in this situation that is not the case. I believe the league is trying to save face for the mess they made at the expense of the kids. The league approached others from BB and tried to recruit them apparently without the ultimatum.

Involvedparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 07:41 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Deux Rives doesn't have the talent to field 2 BB teams, let alone the kids.

Also, the Lions don't decide how many teams Deux-Rives has to field. That's a load of crap.

IHaveNoCreativity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 07:50 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

This is what happens when your unprepared.

Old
09-09-2013, 08:47 PM
proam16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Deux Rives doesn't have the talent to field 2 BB teams, let alone the kids.

Also, the Lions don't decide how many teams Deux-Rives has to field. That's a load of crap.
LSL hockey has that power. Espcially after last year - where HQ was moving teams from CC to BB because they were to strong.

proam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 09:01 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by proam16 View Post
LSL hockey has that power. Espcially after last year - where HQ was moving teams from CC to BB because they were to strong.
The BB team is no stronger then Lakeshores.

Old
09-09-2013, 09:31 PM
RBZ

Quote:
The BB team is no stronger then Lakeshores.
How would you know how strong Lakeshore's teams are? The team to beat is Westluc Maroons, they have at least 2 AAA players and 3 AA players on their team.

RBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 09:59 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBZ View Post
How would you know how strong Lakeshore's teams are? The team to beat is Westluc Maroons, they have at least 2 AAA players and 3 AA players on their team.
We'll see, I know the south lost player but haven't heard anything about it.

Westluc and Lachine were good CC teams last year, not sure they have AAA players on their teams.

Old
09-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Thebesthockey

LOL

if BB teams "to beat" have some AAA and AA players..then there are many BB teams to beat. Some areas are stacked and have dropped some kids down to CC.
you shall see.
North shore / a bunch of kids decommitted from AA/AAA and dropped down because of school limitations imposed on them.

Thebesthockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2013, 10:03 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

The first year of this will be hard for LSL cause they were late to the party.

Old
09-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Canadiens1958

AAA and Double Letter Hockey

A few comments about AAA and double letter hockey at the Pee Wee, Bantam and Midget levels.

The player is expected to integrate the team at his niche and play at the skill, understanding and responsibility levels required. The "Best Player" is expected to make his teammates better. "Watch Me" players are easy to replace. More tolerable as the levels drop.

An elite team at these levels should win at least 30% of the games they play. Otherwise there are issues that are structural or organizational in nature. The further the win % drops the closer the team/organization is to a single A operation.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2013, 09:58 AM
GG1962
Rookie User

I truly think the proble with LSL this year was the intention was to introduce the league as an Elite team, but the message that was conveyed was that it was an ELITIST team. The message was never conveyed that this was supposed to be the best iof the best - only the best money can afford. Make if affordable - make it realistic - bring out the best of the best and let them easrn a spot. Going back to PW-BB to bring more kids out and messing with the heads of 11-12 year olds is not right. Hard dates should have been set - and maintained. PW-BB starts in 5 days, and rosters are still not set. Mickey Mouse presentation - Mickey Mouse results.

GG1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Canadiens1958

Interesting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG1962 View Post
I truly think the proble with LSL this year was the intention was to introduce the league as an Elite team, but the message that was conveyed was that it was an ELITIST team. The message was never conveyed that this was supposed to be the best iof the best - only the best money can afford. Make if affordable - make it realistic - bring out the best of the best and let them easrn a spot. Going back to PW-BB to bring more kids out and messing with the heads of 11-12 year olds is not right. Hard dates should have been set - and maintained. PW-BB starts in 5 days, and rosters are still not set. Mickey Mouse presentation - Mickey Mouse results.
Even if your definition of ELITIST is granted your two bolded comments contradict each other.

Specifically hard dates and early, immediate selection dates represent ELITIST programs as defined by you. Yet the process you describe has remained open to all to the last possible moment. By your own admission the rosters are still not set.

Old
09-10-2013, 11:57 AM
GG1962
Rookie User

I understand your point, and maybe mine was a little vague. My point is that SIL should have (from day 1) advised people that they were going to go after the best in the region. There must be some valid reasons why kids were "cutting themselves" down to BB - maybe the message was wrong and the elitist (who could afford anything between $1500-$4500, depending who you talk to) believed their spots were more secured as people dropped out.
With SIL now searching out the "best of the best", they are trying to correct a wrong. The people that have been there from the beginning figured they were "almost there" - and now the rug is being pulled out from their feet. They were not aware. I don't care about the parents - I still care about the 11-12 year olds that are getting mixed signals.

GG1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2013, 12:46 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

The cost of PW-AA was 2100$ I believe.

Old
09-10-2013, 03:07 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I can confirm that Peewee AA North has fired 2 coaches, HC and second in command.

The reasons given were unclear, most notable was that the Lions think the team will struggle all year long.

Old
09-11-2013, 07:19 AM
letthekidsplay

As I predicted 48 hours ago, they fired Mr. Naek and his assistant. Hopefully he will join a midget team in Deux Rives.

Deux rives did not receive any applicants for either their AA or BB teams in midget. Apparently, certain executives there do not back their coaches and like to take too much place. As a result, both their midget double letter coaches from last year decided not to return.

Now,an inexperienced father of one of the players will be coaching the AA team. He is close friends with one of the execs. No coach so far for the BB team.

Old
09-11-2013, 08:04 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

DR backs their coaches, and the midget AA coach was JF Coderre...

He's at Rennie now.

Maybe you should stop talking.

Old
09-11-2013, 09:19 AM
letthekidsplay

Quote:
DR backs their coaches, and the midget AA coach was JF Coderre...

He's at Rennie now.

Maybe you should stop talking.
Mr. Ihavenocreativity,

I don't know why you took my comments so personally. When I have participated in this forum, I have only given substantiated facts.(like announcing the dismissal of Mr. Naek before it actually happened)

The major reason for the departure of Mr. Coderre was the meddling and lack of support from certain execs from Deux Rives. If you don't believe me, just ask him.

Also, it is not normal that an organisation loses their coaches from Peewee AA, Bantam AA, Midget AA and BB all in one season. In only one case was the departure work related. In all of the other cases, the departures had to do with lack of support from certain execs and their interference.

These are only some examples from last year. If you would like more examples from previous years like replacing AA coaches mid season, we can discuss that also.

Old
09-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Canadiens1958

Other Factors

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthekidsplay View Post
Mr. Ihavenocreativity,

I don't know why you took my comments so personally. When I have participated in this forum, I have only given substantiated facts.(like announcing the dismissal of Mr. Naek before it actually happened)

The major reason for the departure of Mr. Coderre was the meddling and lack of support from certain execs from Deux Rives. If you don't believe me, just ask him.

Also, it is not normal that an organisation loses their coaches from Peewee AA, Bantam AA, Midget AA and BB all in one season. In only one case was the departure work related. In all of the other cases, the departures had to do with lack of support from certain execs and their interference.

These are only some examples from last year. If you would like more examples from previous years like replacing AA coaches mid season, we can discuss that also.
Minor hockey loses coaches to schools regularly since the schools offer better working conditions, salary advantages, job security under certain conditions, various perks and benefits. Also union protection.

A good number of Midget AAA coaches and management people turn down major junior opportunities for the reasons listed above.

Qualified educators who also coach hockey are further ahead coaching hockey in a school environment as opposed to the minor hockey environment.

Old
09-11-2013, 09:55 AM
letthekidsplay

Almost halfway through last season, Mr. Coderre was so fed up with all the crap going on that he quit. After discussing with his coaching staff and being asked by some parents to stay on, he agreed to finish off the year even though certain meddling execs wanted him to stay away. His job search for this year started at that point.

An example of this malicious meddling is having an executive approaching parents during the season and asking them what they thought of the quality of the coaches practices. If that's not bad enough, you find out that the executive's son is a member of the team in question. To me, that is a clear example of lack of support from your executive and also a lack of knowing when you should take a step back.

The John Rennie opportunity only came along after the last season was over. His search to find other opportunities stem from his frustrations that he suffered in his only year as a Deux Rives coach.

I am happy for him that he has found better job security and a much more stable and professional environment.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:31 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I know exactly whom you're talking about.

Dimitrios Soumakis disappeared, he had player problems.

Bantam AA is not longer a DR team, this eliminating a spot.

You didn't call it you said there were rumours, I'm sure you would have no problem telling us which DDO person told you ?

Leoor Shtrom is the new PW-AA coach.

Ghilarducci wasn't brought back for a reason, and Brad Horner was canned for a reason.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:48 AM
letthekidsplay

Wow Ihavenocreativity,

Almost sounds like your on the Deux Rives payroll, sorry I meant bandwagon. They seem to have all great reasons to can their coaches at year end or strongly encourage them to go elsewhere in order to better succeed.

Btw, until a dismissal is publically confirmed it is called a rumour.

Shtrom is a childhood buddy of Gerry Gomez. They played for North shore together in the late 80's early 90's. This is what you call an old boys club.