HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Nike Bauer Velocity Stickum

Old
11-17-2006, 08:18 PM
2x4*

vCash: 500
Nike Bauer Velocity Stickum

Anyone ever hear of these? They have about 8 of them at my LHS. Never heard of them or seen them anywhere. $100.00. They do seem very nice though for their price. Much much nicers than the Synergy 350, which is the same price. Its not a vapor either. Its all black, and it says Velocity in red. The stick is very glossy. I forgot what color Nike Bauer is in.

2x4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 08:47 PM
sc37

vCash: 450
It's a Vapor SMU I'm pretty sure. I've seen some shops around have the Vapor gloves, called Velocity, and something else I do believe. As with most SMU, just a normal product with some extras that the higher end models have. I saw this stick online on eBay or something. If I made a guess...it seems like a Vapor X or so.

sc37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 09:07 PM
2x4*

It looks like this only it doesnt say Vapor, it instead I think saud Nike Bauer in white and the velocity looks pretty much the same, but is in a pure shiney red.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BAUER-VAPOR-VELO...ayphotohosting

Old
11-17-2006, 09:15 PM
sc37

OK I checked them out. They got them on one site online. Honestly it looks just like a Bauer Vapor V...same price too. I'm guessing it's pretty much the exact same except for a few things. Think the main difference the site listed was that the Velocity was concave. There was also the other Vapor Shift, which I do remember now cause there were gloves and skate SMU with the name too. That was a higher model, probably a dressed up Vapor XX.

Old
11-17-2006, 09:16 PM
sc37

I'd add they don't look the same is cause the link is to a Bauer, not NikeBauer. Probably last years model...and this years they decided on new colors most likely.

Old
11-17-2006, 09:34 PM
2x4*

I have never seen a Bauer Vapor X stick. Did you mean XX?

Edit: oh I see in your 1st post you said Vapor V... my friend had one and said those wern't very good. He said he broke his very easily.

Old
11-17-2006, 10:10 PM
ModSquad

It is a special make up. Only available in certain stores.

Nothing to write home about - it's a lower-end stick.

ModSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 11:09 PM
sc37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel48Briere View Post

Edit: oh I see in your 1st post you said Vapor V... my friend had one and said those wern't very good. He said he broke his very easily.
Yeah I said Vapor X...was saying that cause it is a lower end stick, but like most SMUs, they got a little something extra. So I sorta made it up to kinda give a guess at the range of stick it's in.

Old
11-17-2006, 11:46 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Anyone ever hear of these? They have about 8 of them at my LHS. Never heard of them or seen them anywhere. $100.00. They do seem very nice though for their price. Much much nicers than the Synergy 350, which is the same price. Its not a vapor either. Its all black, and it says Velocity in red. The stick is very glossy. I forgot what color Nike Bauer is in.
$100 for that stick is a COMPLETE RIPOFF... the Synergy 350 for that price is even worse. The description for the Synergy 350 is that it's built to the same specs as the original synergy. Not true at all. The 06 Synergy ST's are built to almost all of the same specs as the original synergy's, durability aside.

If you're getting a one-piece, I suggest the 06 Synergy ST. Not too light, not too heavy, and VERY durable.

I'm really interested in getting a Bauer Vapor XXX Lite. Those sticks are awesome from what I've heard.

Quote:

Vapor V's suck. If you're buying a one-piece for under a $100, and you're anywhere from a mid/intermediate to expert level player, you're going to break that stick easily on a shot.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote