HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXVII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-10-2013, 08:44 PM
  #226
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!
 
Phil Parent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
http://fr.canoe.ca/infos/societe/arc...10-013215.html



MONTREAL - sports commentator Pierre Rinfret faces several charges for assault with injury on a women, using a cedar branch.(WTF LOL)
It happened over a month....

Piece of **** if you ask me, never liked him.

Phil Parent is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 09:00 PM
  #227
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,432
vCash: 500
Good contract for both parties.

Chris Cutter is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 09:01 PM
  #228
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Leaf fans preparing for 2014 Cup parade.
Seriously, all of them are hailing Nonis as some sort of genius even though he still only has about 2 million to sign Franson unless they plan on playing the whole season shorthanded.

sharks9 is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 09:04 PM
  #229
jedimyrmidon
Registered User
 
jedimyrmidon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 618
vCash: 500
@DarrenDreger: $2.9 x 2 years for Kadri. $25,000 more per year than the Leafs offered 1 month ago.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Nazem Kadri's new two-year deal with TOR has an AAV of $2.9M.

I bet the only reason it got done was because of Subban's contract.

jedimyrmidon is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 09:24 PM
  #230
RealityBytes
Trash Remover
 
RealityBytes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: British Antarctic Territory
Posts: 778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Seriously, all of them are hailing Nonis as some sort of genius even though he still only has about 2 million to sign Franson unless they plan on playing the whole season shorthanded.
Why would they be shorthanded at D when they have Morgan Rielly in the wings? Rielly (chosen two spots behind Galchenyuk) is quite good and rated quite high by just about everybody and he would bring their team total number to 23. Still, I agree in that it is better for the Leafs to have both Franson and Rielly.

I think the Mason Raymond tryout pushed Kadri somewhat to sign at $2.9M.


Last edited by RealityBytes: 09-10-2013 at 09:32 PM.
RealityBytes is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 09:32 PM
  #231
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: FIRE THERRIEN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchweed View Post
Why would they be shorthanded at D when they have Morgan Rielly in the wings? Rielly is rated quite high and brings the team total number to 23. Still, I agree in that it is better for the Leafs to have both Franson and Rielly.
They won't really be shorthanded at d, I don't think it was meant that way. It's more that they will be about 1.5 million from the cap with a 20 man roster. Leaves little room if u run into a rash of short term injuries

Kirk Muller is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 09:34 PM
  #232
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,987
vCash: 883
It's nice to see that Bergevin actually set a standard other GMs are following.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 09:57 PM
  #233
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
It's nice to see that Bergevin actually set a standard other GMs are following.
but . . . but . . . but he doesn't know what he's doing!! He irreparably alienated and angered PK!!! I knows it bc I read it on an internet chat board, really!

windycity is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 10:17 PM
  #234
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,920
vCash: 500
Kadri unlike PK hasn't proven anything. Last season was his coming out party and only played 48 games. Not enough to warrant too much. Subban on the other hand played two full seasons as Montreal's number one D-man in the absence of Markov and did exceptionally for his age and quality of the team in front of him.

Andy is online now  
Old
09-10-2013, 10:22 PM
  #235
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchweed View Post
Why would they be shorthanded at D when they have Morgan Rielly in the wings? Rielly (chosen two spots behind Galchenyuk) is quite good and rated quite high by just about everybody and he would bring their team total number to 23. Still, I agree in that it is better for the Leafs to have both Franson and Rielly.

I think the Mason Raymond tryout pushed Kadri somewhat to sign at $2.9M.
Shorthanded as in if they go into the season with a 20 or 21-man roster, they can't call anyone up to replace short term injuries which still count against your salary cap.

sharks9 is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 10:28 PM
  #236
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
This is what I get with Rielly, without Franson:

FORWARDS
Joffrey Lupul ($5.250m) / Nazem Kadri ($2.900m) / Phil Kessel ($5.400m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / David Clarkson ($5.250m)
Joe Colborne ($0.600m) / Tyler Bozak ($4.200m) / Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m)
Trevor Smith ($0.550m) / Jay McClement ($1.500m) / Colton Orr ($0.925m)
Frazer McLaren ($0.700m)
DEFENSEMEN
Dion Phaneuf ($6.500m) / John-Michael Liles ($3.875m)
Jake Gardiner ($1.117m) / Carl Gunnarsson ($3.150m)
Mark Fraser ($1.275m) / Morgan Rielly ($1.744m)
Korbinian Holzer ($0.788m) / Paul Ranger ($1.000m)
GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Bernier ($2.900m)
James Reimer ($1.800m)
OTHER
Buyout: Darcy Tucker ($1.000m)
Buyout: Colby Armstrong ($1.000m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (0.778% of upper limit)
Matt Frattin ($0.437m—0.5%) Ben Scrivens ($0.062m—0.1%)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,348,333; BONUSES: $1,150,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,101,667


Looks ok on the wing. Very weak down the middle and two kids in the top 6 on D.

Team-friendly deal for Kadri, but I'm glad to see they still don't have the space to build a genuinely good team. Hopefully they can't find a way to keep Franson for cheap.

Roulin is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 11:00 PM
  #237
RealityBytes
Trash Remover
 
RealityBytes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: British Antarctic Territory
Posts: 778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Shorthanded as in if they go into the season with a 20 or 21-man roster, they can't call anyone up to replace short term injuries which still count against your salary cap.
No, they have 22 signed players and will have 23 if they bring up Rielly:
2 goalies, 8 defense, and 13 forwards ... and according to capgeek still have $1.9M in cap space after signing Kadri to try and get Franson if Rielly is not included.

The Habs have 24 signed players but Emelin will be on the LTI list so they have:
2 goalies, 8 defense, and 13 forwards but one player/skater will have to go before Emelin can come back.

(Also keep in mind that a max of only 18 skaters and 2 goalies are listed for a game.)

The team that does seem to have a problem is Ottawa with 22 players signed but only six defensemen.


Last edited by RealityBytes: 09-11-2013 at 12:02 AM.
RealityBytes is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 11:34 PM
  #238
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 24,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Hey... i think i heard the same thing from my half-sister's friend who knows someone who is a three time removed half-cousin on the side of the brother in law of the pal of the guy who mows the lawn where her mother 's sister's grandmother sometimes goes to buy food. I think. Or something real close to that...

I know, right? lol. It sounds ridiculous, but the source is solid.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline  
Old
09-10-2013, 11:57 PM
  #239
RealityBytes
Trash Remover
 
RealityBytes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: British Antarctic Territory
Posts: 778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
This is what I get with Rielly, without Franson:

FORWARDS
Joffrey Lupul ($5.250m) / Nazem Kadri ($2.900m) / Phil Kessel ($5.400m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / David Clarkson ($5.250m)
Joe Colborne ($0.600m) / Tyler Bozak ($4.200m) / Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m)
Trevor Smith ($0.550m) / Jay McClement ($1.500m) / Colton Orr ($0.925m)
Frazer McLaren ($0.700m)
DEFENSEMEN
Dion Phaneuf ($6.500m) / John-Michael Liles ($3.875m)
Jake Gardiner ($1.117m) / Carl Gunnarsson ($3.150m)
Mark Fraser ($1.275m) / Morgan Rielly ($1.744m)
Korbinian Holzer ($0.788m) / Paul Ranger ($1.000m)
GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Bernier ($2.900m)
James Reimer ($1.800m)
OTHER
Buyout: Darcy Tucker ($1.000m)
Buyout: Colby Armstrong ($1.000m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (0.778% of upper limit)
Matt Frattin ($0.437m—0.5%) Ben Scrivens ($0.062m—0.1%)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,348,333; BONUSES: $1,150,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,101,667


Looks ok on the wing. Very weak down the middle and two kids in the top 6 on D.

Team-friendly deal for Kadri, but I'm glad to see they still don't have the space to build a genuinely good team. Hopefully they can't find a way to keep Franson for cheap.
Yes, but your total includes Rielly's salary of $1.7M and puts the number to 23 or the team max ... but without Rielly and still with 22 players, they still do have room and $1.9M to sign Franson. I don't think they have finished all their jockeying with Franson yet even though its starting time. It will be tough for Franson though, I don't see anybody else offering him what he wants (and also lose at least a 2nd round pick) and he either accepts their offer, or doesn't play.

As for the two rookies, they would have two rookies but good ones and considering Montreal had Galchenyuk and Gallagher as new last year, it can be done.

What I see is Toronto jockeying and building and I certainly think they have improved, not to win a cup but definitely they will be in the running with the Habs for a playoff spot.

On the other hand, what on earth is Ottawa doing, 22 players signed but only six defensemen and $11.3M in cap space left. What is happening there? (As a point, I also don't see them going after Franson either because they would have to pay a lot in a long term contract and also give up a 2nd round draft pick to beat Toronto's offer. I don't see that happening if it hasn't happened yet.)

RealityBytes is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 02:13 AM
  #240
X66
Registered User
 
X66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchweed View Post
Yes, but your total includes Rielly's salary of $1.7M and puts the number to 23 or the team max ... but without Rielly and still with 22 players, they still do have room and $1.9M to sign Franson. I don't think they have finished all their jockeying with Franson yet even though its starting time. It will be tough for Franson though, I don't see anybody else offering him what he wants (and also lose at least a 2nd round pick) and he either accepts their offer, or doesn't play.
If the Leafs send Smith and Holzer to the Minors, they'll have over 3 million dollars to sign Franson with.

X66 is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 07:25 AM
  #241
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchweed View Post
No, they have 22 signed players and will have 23 if they bring up Rielly:
2 goalies, 8 defense, and 13 forwards ... and according to capgeek still have $1.9M in cap space after signing Kadri to try and get Franson if Rielly is not included.

The Habs have 24 signed players but Emelin will be on the LTI list so they have:
2 goalies, 8 defense, and 13 forwards but one player/skater will have to go before Emelin can come back.

(Also keep in mind that a max of only 18 skaters and 2 goalies are listed for a game.)

The team that does seem to have a problem is Ottawa with 22 players signed but only six defensemen.
Right, if they don't sign Franson then they'd be fine going into the year with a full roster.

Franson will probably want 3 million at least though so if they wanted to sign him they'd either have to make a trade or go into the year shorthanded.

Also, people should keep in mind Holzer has to clear waivers to go to the Marlies so I doubt the Leafs send him down unless they absolutely have to.

sharks9 is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 07:35 AM
  #242
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 28,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Kadri unlike PK hasn't proven anything. Last season was his coming out party and only played 48 games. Not enough to warrant too much. Subban on the other hand played two full seasons as Montreal's number one D-man in the absence of Markov and did exceptionally for his age and quality of the team in front of him.
Yup, exactly. Kadri's played like 50 games or something. This was the right path to take with him. Two years, six mil... makes sense. And he's STILL got a bigger contract than Subban got.

BTW, don't look now but the Leafs actually have some good young talent to build with. They are in much better shape than they used to be. Even with the stupid contracts they gave out...

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 07:35 AM
  #243
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 20,552
vCash: 500
Leafs should just decide if they think Franson is better than Liles, and by how much, and whatever the delta is (assuming they conclude Franson > Liles), that's basically the price they should be willing to pay to make Liles go away. Keep all the rest around, maybe pick up a little depth addition too if Reilly isn't going to play top-6.

Blind Gardien is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 08:03 AM
  #244
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Kadri unlike PK hasn't proven anything. Last season was his coming out party and only played 48 games. Not enough to warrant too much. Subban on the other hand played two full seasons as Montreal's number one D-man in the absence of Markov and did exceptionally for his age and quality of the team in front of him.
I agree Subban was more established, but saying he was the #1 d-man his first 2 years is false. He played more than he should have both years due to injury also.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 08:08 AM
  #245
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchweed View Post
Why would they be shorthanded at D when they have Morgan Rielly in the wings? Rielly (chosen two spots behind Galchenyuk) is quite good and rated quite high by just about everybody and he would bring their team total number to 23. Still, I agree in that it is better for the Leafs to have both Franson and Rielly.

I think the Mason Raymond tryout pushed Kadri somewhat to sign at $2.9M.
I don't see the point of jumping Reilly to the NHL at 19. I saw him play last year and he doesn't scream "NHL ready" to me. I don't care where he was drafted, jumping him to the NHL at 19 to me would be dumb.

In order to sign Franson, unless he takes a bargain basement contract, they'll have to move some salary. He is more established than Kadri so he will cost in the 3-3.5 mil range. Right now they only have 1.9 mil in cap space.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 08:13 AM
  #246
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
If the Leafs send Smith and Holzer to the Minors, they'll have over 3 million dollars to sign Franson with.
But only 21 players on their roster. I think Holzer would ahve to pass waivers too.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 08:38 AM
  #247
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
But only 21 players on their roster. I think Holzer would ahve to pass waivers too.
Who cares? It's not like anyone would pick him up... You're talking a 7th D here. The hockey world is littered with them.

AH is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 08:48 AM
  #248
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Who cares? It's not like anyone would pick him up... You're talking a 7th D here. The hockey world is littered with them.
I'm sure they care, they really like him...plus you won't go through a season with 6 d-men anyways.

As I said, unless Franson takes a bargain basement deal they'll have to move a salary of 2 mil or more.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 09:59 AM
  #249
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,134
vCash: 500
Stephane Leroux ‏@StephRDSJunior 4m Olivier Archambault sera probablement échangé sous peu,les #Voltigeurs disuctent avec 3 équipes de la #LHJMQ (Sherbrooke-B-Comeau, Québec)

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 10:14 AM
  #250
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,917
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Pietrangelo not reporting to camp today cuz of no contract

i CANT believe hes only 23 wow

Redux91 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.