HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Renaud Lavoie leaves RDS to join TVA Sports

Closed Thread

Old
09-10-2013, 10:45 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
Problem with Stock is that it doesn't matter if you watch Hockey in english or in french, he's always there!

Plus if you have an Antichambre episode with Gagnon and Stock, even if the Habs won 7-1 against a powerhouse team with no injuries, they're bad/lucky/don't have particularily good hygiene.

Add to that the Baron and Gaston Yress...

Is it just me or is there just a massive lack of knowledgeable, skilled, young journalists willing to work for RDS or CBC? Or are they just tossed aside in benefit of the old guard? I can't, for the life of me, believe that there are no young, talented, massive fans of the game that could liven up the sports media world, either in french or in english...
Freidman on CBC is excellent. Lavoie was good for RDS as well. Other guys are just no longer relevant. Kevin Weeks? Gaston Therrien? Da fuq is going on here.

Where's guys who played/coached in this era?

That's why TSN is the best. Relevant insiders, Players eliminated from playoffs, Recent coaches, etc...

Old
09-10-2013, 10:48 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
That guy is so bad, I mean he should'nt be allowed to talk one word about hockey, the others clowns brings arguments, he just bring crap.

We have to remember that hockey is an entertainment and the ''journalists'' are part of the show. I mean it seems they follow a wrestling kind of pattern with heels and faces guys. The again peoples want to be entertained, so they go with the guys that bring reactions, good or bad and makes peoples talk about the show, not some good rational thinking. They also have alot of old players (something that the crowd seem to like, because of credibility and some nice stories it bring), but thoses guys aren't always good evaluators, scouts or managers and sometimes they says very emotionals things. Also, some guys that were in a official managing role in hockey are sometimes too out of touch of the reality of today's NHL that they doesn't bring that much. Also, every of theses guys have to follow the line created by the channel. That pretty much sums up why it such a bad level of journalism.

Then again it's about an entertainement, I'm much more frustated when I see uniformed, biased journalism talking about social issues, politics and finance.
It's okay to have some stories, entertainment and so on but these guys are out of touch. It's a jokers club. No professionalism at all.

RDS is not accountable because they don't need to be. There's no competition. If they ever lose the habs broadcasting rights they are finished.

Old
09-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
So RDS' solution was More Gagnon More all The Time?

Good God. Funny thing is, the RDS guys said this and you could tell on their face they were not too happy with it. Has there been a more clueless boss than RDS' Jerry Frappier?

Old
09-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
It's okay to have some stories, entertainment and so on but these guys are out of touch. It's a jokers club. No professionalism at all.

RDS is not accountable because they don't need to be. There's no competition. If they ever lose the habs broadcasting rights they are finished.
Good point, exactly, they are a complete country club, they're bad, no professionalism, but all this isn't a problem since they will get 800 000 - 1 million peoples watching the show each games.

Old
09-11-2013, 07:12 AM
rickthegoon

RDS could just snap a ticker to the bottom part of the screen with twitter feeds from guys at tsn and the Lavoie becomes completely irrelevant. Would cost a few minutes time of labor from an IT guy, and the news would come in a few minutes faster.
There you go......RORO-INFORMATEUR, without the smug face and slick hair.

Old
09-11-2013, 07:31 AM
ChoseLa

Mario Tremblay can't remember the name of any players. Gagnon try to sound intellectual, while he never talks about anything really, cept' talk about Karlsson's hotness; it works for him, he saw there was a spot for analysts who can write texts (wich is very rare at RDS) and don't sound like a common place of retarded Bergeron-Letigre.

He could be the "expert" i dislike the most.

Old
09-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Mario Tremblay can't remember the name of any players.
He's my favorite french commentator.
Dont care if he cant remember names, he's dynamic, interresting and knowledgeable. Kinda the new Jacques Demers.

Old
09-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Shaby23

You guys are never happy.

Old
09-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Genesis76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
He's my favorite french commentator.
Dont care if he cant remember names, he's dynamic, interresting and knowledgeable. Kinda the new Jacques Demers.
knowledgeable?
Usually Mario states the obvious...I learn more from Francois Gagnon who never played or coached in the NHL.

Old
09-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Damn, Gagnon is probably the one I hate the most everytime he's at L'Antichambre and I don't really like his articles on La Presse.

Can't believe we're definitely stuck with him now. How many Habs games TSN is going to show this year?

Old
09-11-2013, 06:25 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalchenyuk87 View Post
How many of you are blocked by Francois Gagnon on Twitter.
How many ppl bashed him by tweets ?

I can admit that Marinaro blocked me
Should I care.
He blocked me.

Old
09-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Freidman on CBC is excellent. Lavoie was good for RDS as well. Other guys are just no longer relevant. Kevin Weeks? Gaston Therrien? Da fuq is going on here.

Where's guys who played/coached in this era?

That's why TSN is the best. Relevant insiders, Players eliminated from playoffs, Recent coaches, etc...
Weekes retired in 2009...

Also, not sure if this helps improve RDS :
Quote:
@MattBarnaby3636 9 Sept
Just agreed to do RDS at the end of the month. In french. I better make sure all these words actually mean what I think.

Old
09-13-2013, 03:38 PM
LePoche69

I'm following 4 insiders on tweeter, and Renaud Lavoie is always the last to report a news. It's almost like if he was following the same insiders I follow, then rewrite their tweets. It's a loss for RDS nonetheless.

Old
09-14-2013, 03:53 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I was watching the TVA Sports show "Le Premier Trio" last night. It sucks again this year. Absolutly horrible how TVA Sports butchered their main show last year for this. It's three guys talking about absolutly nothing new, it's like they have zero material and a weak research team. Cannot believe Louis Jean left Sportsnet for this.

Whomever made all those changes at TVA Sports should be fired. Hopefully Lavoix coming in will change things.

Old
09-15-2013, 07:21 AM
rickthegoon

So RDS is Renaud Lavoie free, and now adds Pierre Lebrun to it's lineup on a permanent basis ?
You can score that a win.

Old
09-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickthegoon View Post
So RDS is Renaud Lavoie free, and now adds Pierre Lebrun to it's lineup on a permanent basis ?
You can score that a win.
Lebrun is excellent, but Lavoie has been BY FAR the best franco journalist the last few years.

Old
11-27-2013, 10:26 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Well Lavoie ends up a genius now. No?

Old
11-27-2013, 10:38 AM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
His informers were right on this one.

Old
11-27-2013, 10:42 AM
Cedream

Bulleyes !

Old
11-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
Genius would have been if he predicted this before these discussion started. Otherwise it was a gamble, where he picked up a larger paycheck, and had a nice fall back position on the regular TVA network if it went down the tubes.

He is sitting looking pretty at the moment though, that is for sure.

I think he is alright. Nothing ever ground breaking gets reported first by him, but, he is in there, getting his nose dirty and working.

Much better than the "experts" on the RDS staff that never venture very far, or talk to anyone but their friends.

Old
11-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Rosso Scuderia

lol poor Luc Gelinas... but it might be a good thing for him. It will give him time to learn proper english once and for all.

Old
11-27-2013, 11:27 AM
shutehinside

Don't know why everyone is so down on this. It's actually great news. As TVA will be the main carriour of NHL games in French, they needed to shor up some talent and get better broadcasters. Hope this continues and a few of my TSN favorites jump ship to Sportsnet, which will eventually happen.

Dreger can stay at TSN...

Old
11-27-2013, 12:10 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Let's keep this talk confined to the existing thread about the NHL's new TV deal, where Lavoie's jump to TVA has also been discussed.

Closed Thread