HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Training Camp Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs 35m
Quote:
But the quotes from Collberg do indicate that if he makes the #Habs, he can be released out of the current year on his Frolunda deal. #CH
Expand
Like I had posted about a month ago. My uncle asked Bergevin which prospects he is most excited about, and Bergevin responded "keep an eye on collberg in camp, he's very very close."

Old
09-11-2013, 10:14 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
What I find interesting, there were guys out there this summer like Steckel or Smithson but the Habs have stood pat, so they must have a plan. If you lose alot of draws, you better be good without the puck and the best they had there was Gill. Without him, the front of the net was easy pickins.

The Habs will be playing the Wings more this year and I'm interested to see that matchup because they love to crash the crease.
It's been shown that the difference between a ****tier playe like Steckel winning you a small number more draws doesn't translate to much, and can probably hurt you if you're playing him over more comptetent players.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:15 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not listening but seems that McKenzie has said on TSN690 that Thomas impressed the Habs management and has a shot to make the team this year right at the start?

Seems to me there's a little Kristo-Thomas race here....
If Gionta can't start the season because of his injury it might open the door for a guy like Thomas... and then anything can happen.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:21 AM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Like I had posted about a month ago. My uncle asked Bergevin which prospects he is most excited about, and Bergevin responded "keep an eye on collberg in camp, he's very very close."
Exactly my thought. Now that would be another exciting year if we play another 20 years old rookie!

Old
09-11-2013, 10:28 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Well it's 1st day of the season, every Habs going for testing. Another day where Desharnais will be dissapointing to learn that he hasn't grown an inch....
I loled

Quote:
Not listening but seems that McKenzie has said on TSN690 that Thomas impressed the Habs management and has a shot to make the team this year right at the start?

Seems to me there's a little Kristo-Thomas race here....
Good to hear, I fully admit I truely hated the trade but I hope that Thomas works out as he can snipe from the little i've seen. But I wouldn't be surprised if NYR ends up winning that trade.

But if Gio is said to be ready around the start of the season, where would he even fit? I could see a callup when injuries hit and if Gio isn't ready to start the season then it makes more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Interesting. That doesn't sound right to me, but i haven't read the new PTA that was signed, I know with the last PTA, in order to play in the NHL for the following season there was a June deadline so that the players Euro club would have time to replace. Perhaps that was changed in the new PTA, if I get some free time at work today I will try and look it up as it would be interesting to see if they changed that rule.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I

Interesting. That doesn't sound right to me, but i haven't read the new PTA that was signed, I know with the last PTA, in order to play in the NHL for the following season there was a June deadline so that the players Euro club would have time to replace. Perhaps that was changed in the new PTA, if I get some free time at work today I will try and look it up as it would be interesting to see if they changed that rule.
I doubt that Bergevin meant that Collberg would make it out of camp when he made those comments, but rather just to watch how close Collberg is. Like you said, he probably can't make the team given his contract in Sweden. But, interesting that Bergevin made those comments because we all thought Collberg couldn't even attend camp when I brought it up the first time.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:35 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomsticks View Post
http://canadiens.nhl.com/fr/v2/ext/2...01314_camp.pdf

Biggest stand out for me: Murray at 209? I thought he was 245?
No ****in way. We won the lottery if Murray weighed in at 209. Get ready for death and destruction. I doubt that camp roster shows yesterday's weigh in. Does it?

Old
09-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Dagistitsyn

So McKenzie says that Thomas can make the club out of camp. Kristo more than likely playing for NYR. Should be interesting. Kristo played well in the rookie tournament for them.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
No ****in way. We won the lottery if Murray weighed in at 209. Get ready for death and destruction. I doubt that camp roster shows yesterday's weigh in. Does it?
Its a typo. That would be too much loss for him too. He's solid, based on video from golf tournament I would say he's still well above 225

Old
09-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
Its a typo.
0 is to close to 9, Murray is 299

Old
09-11-2013, 10:39 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomsticks View Post
http://canadiens.nhl.com/fr/v2/ext/2...01314_camp.pdf

Biggest stand out for me: Murray at 209? I thought he was 245?
Pateryn 222? I like that.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:42 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

We really gotta have the worst journalists group in North America, considering the importance of hockey.

Portzline reports on CBJ players, we're flooded by news from Toronto as well... All that while Engels speaks about Tennis and Marinaro floods Twitter with Soccer news.

Pretty damn annoying. All we'll get is a couple of sound bits from Bournival, Dumont and Hudon. Great.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:42 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
A smurf line could work. But when you also have Gallagher, Briere, and Plek who isnt too big either for a center, you wouldnt only have a smurf line but a smurf top 6.
True... But having an assumed "smurf" line would at least allowed the coach to disseminate the other smurfs on the other 2 lines (I couldn't care less about the difference between top 6 or top 9; on such a small team (forwards), a coach needs 3 lines anyway.)

Unfortunatly, the fowards are so small that Therrien won't have a choice, me think.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Good to hear, I fully admit I truely hated the trade but I hope that Thomas works out as he can snipe from the little i've seen. But I wouldn't be surprised if NYR ends up winning that trade.
You also know what I think about that. Tried as hard as I could to not be too down on Bergevin, but I do like Thomas. So it soften the blow....but for me, Rangers wins this. We should probably stop trading with them....

Old
09-11-2013, 10:45 AM
danyhabsfan

Marinaro:

Eller gained 20 pounds in the off season and Murray now at 209

Old
09-11-2013, 10:48 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
Marinaro:

Both things are impossible.

Eller was at 213 last season. Means he would now be at 233? Impossible.
As for Murray, have you seen him in the golf tournament? There's a glitch in mass physics if he's actually 209. He's at the very least 230 pounds now.

Marinaro has to be reporting the Gazette article on Eller and the training camp invites list. You'd think in Montreal, we could get more information, but it seems like it's too much to ask for.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:49 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Considering the names on that list....
That must be a pretty hard blow for Vail.
Habs are getting better. Start getting used to decent prospects not being good enough for this team.

And Bergy needs to start dealing players like Vail, for value, to weaker teams.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Marinaro:

please god.... did marinaro ACTUALLY say this...?

if so, it proves he reads HF, and not ALL of HF.... wow.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:50 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Marinaro:

I'm assuming this is a joke

Old
09-11-2013, 10:54 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Leblanc at 190 pounds now? Hopefully that's correct as he really needed to put on some muscle.
Not. Holding. My. Breath.Bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Mccaron's Crisps. Sounds like some type of chips you could get down in the south of the USA.
Or some ****** gray town in in Scotland, arse of the earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
If Crisp is having a better camp than Ryan White, do you think he can steal the fourth line C?
No.

//////

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Bournival was around 190lbs last year from what I recall seeing on a roster.

I saw him listed at 190lbs last year. Might be adjusted after physicals.

I don't see the point of keeping a 19 year old to play 4th line. I think they want him to develop as something more so he'll get a year OHL and a year AHL in my opinion before having a real NHL shot. Dumont is probably penciled in as 4th line center right now, not White.
Dumont will make the team this year. I think White is in trouble.

Last edited by hototogisu: 09-11-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old
09-11-2013, 11:12 AM
OpenIceHit

Thomas will need to be more than excellent for the Habs to allow another smurf forward on this team. It's already a joke, let's not exaggerate...

We lost that trade, plain and simple. Not only because Kristo might be a better hockey player than Thomas, but also because there is no room at all for another 5'9" on this team.

Old
09-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
Thomas will need to be more than excellent for the Habs to allow another smurf forward on this team. It's already a joke, let's not exaggerate...

We lost that trade, plain and simple. Not only because Kristo might be a better hockey player than Thomas, but also because there is no room at all for another 5'9" on this team.
Well up front, with Thomas included, it will mean that we will have 4 players under 5'9'', including Gionta. So DD, Gallagher, Thomas and Gio. Brière is 5'10''....or so they say....

So yes...it is small. Tough to count Gallagher in this though and pretend he's just a smaller tiny player...who cares right? He often wins his battles.

Old
09-11-2013, 11:18 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
5 more sleeps until Montreal vs Buffalo!
I wont tickets to this game.....

my boss is awesome!!!

Old
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoyd Christmas I View Post
You don't say.

But what now?

The more I see Prust, the more I realize the guy is gold to the team.

Old
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post

I must've missed the memo on Kristo being such a physical specimen.

Closed Thread