HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXVII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-11-2013, 10:19 AM
  #251
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,739
vCash: 500
Talk about drinkin' the Kool Aid!

Conor McKenna ‏@mckennaconor 18m Hahahah RT @longleysunsport Bolland. "I think this team is a contender. I don't think it's far off from where chicago was last year."

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 10:22 AM
  #252
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,427
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Talk about drinkin' the Kool Aid!

Conor McKenna ‏@mckennaconor 18m Hahahah RT @longleysunsport Bolland. "I think this team is a contender. I don't think it's far off from where chicago was last year."
They did get rid of Komisarek

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 10:27 AM
  #253
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I'm sure they care, they really like him...plus you won't go through a season with 6 d-men anyways.

As I said, unless Franson takes a bargain basement deal they'll have to move a salary of 2 mil or more.
Sure there is a risk with injuries, but Toronto has to live with their choices.

AH is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 10:35 AM
  #254
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,307
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Talk about drinkin' the Kool Aid!

Conor McKenna ‏@mckennaconor 18m Hahahah RT @longleysunsport Bolland. "I think this team is a contender. I don't think it's far off from where chicago was last year."
It's a quote from Bolland himself, no surprise he's going to sing the organization's praises. Were you expecting cutting inside commentary?

hototogisu is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 10:40 AM
  #255
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,866
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
It's a quote from Bolland himself, no surprise he's going to sing the organization's praises. Were you expecting cutting inside commentary?
But there's a limit...did he really had to add "We're not far from where Chicago was"???

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 10:42 AM
  #256
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,307
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But there's a limit...did he really had to add "We're not far from where Chicago was"???
He's not wrong...don't you remember all those last-place finishes Chicago had in the early 00's? The Leafs aren't far from that

hototogisu is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 10:42 AM
  #257
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Talk about drinkin' the Kool Aid!

Conor McKenna ‏@mckennaconor 18m Hahahah RT @longleysunsport Bolland. "I think this team is a contender. I don't think it's far off from where chicago was last year."
Yeah right Bolland. Didn't knew that Toronto had a Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Seabrook, Keith!

Hannibal is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 10:53 AM
  #258
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Yeah right Bolland. Didn't knew that Toronto had a Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Seabrook, Keith!
They have Kessel, Lupul, Bozak, Kadri, Phaneuf and Gunnerson.

Just as good, no??

shutehinside is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 10:59 AM
  #259
jedimyrmidon
Registered User
 
jedimyrmidon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Yeah right Bolland. Didn't knew that Toronto had a Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Seabrook, Keith!
But they have the best goaltending tandem in the league: Reimer and Bernier!

jedimyrmidon is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 11:00 AM
  #260
jedimyrmidon
Registered User
 
jedimyrmidon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
He's not wrong...don't you remember all those last-place finishes Chicago had in the early 00's? The Leafs aren't far from that
Except he said 'far off from where Chicago was last year'... makes it even more funny.

jedimyrmidon is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 01:57 PM
  #261
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,739
vCash: 500
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ntos-plan.html

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 02:18 PM
  #262
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Pietrangelo not reporting to camp today cuz of no contract

i CANT believe hes only 23 wow
Now there's a guy I'd try to sign for 5 for 25. Forget the bridge with those kinds of players. If he's willing to do it, lock him up for five years at reasonable money.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 03:05 PM
  #263
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
From reading that is Franson seeking a 2 year, $4 million deal total or a 2 year, $4 million per year deal? It must be the latter or else he'd be signed by now I would think.

sheed36 is online now  
Old
09-11-2013, 03:38 PM
  #264
Dagistitsyn
Registered User
 
Dagistitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
From reading that is Franson seeking a 2 year, $4 million deal total or a 2 year, $4 million per year deal? It must be the latter or else he'd be signed by now I would think.
4 mill per year

Dagistitsyn is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 04:26 PM
  #265
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
From reading that is Franson seeking a 2 year, $4 million deal total or a 2 year, $4 million per year deal? It must be the latter or else he'd be signed by now I would think.
I can't see him settling for 2 mil/year x 2 years when Gunarsson got 3 or 4 years at 3+ mil.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 05:13 PM
  #266
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 25,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Now there's a guy I'd try to sign for 5 for 25. Forget the bridge with those kinds of players. If he's willing to do it, lock him up for five years at reasonable money.
Amen to that. We'll see how realistic that is when he signs, though.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 05:53 PM
  #267
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,866
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Now there's a guy I'd try to sign for 5 for 25. Forget the bridge with those kinds of players. If he's willing to do it, lock him up for five years at reasonable money.
Getting him means NOT giving him reasonable money.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 06:04 PM
  #268
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,238
vCash: 500
Thank god Kadri finally got signed or else TSN wouldn't have anything to talk about on the opening of camps.

sheed36 is online now  
Old
09-11-2013, 06:05 PM
  #269
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,412
vCash: 500
Ah yes the mystical magical rhetorical 5 for 25 deal.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 06:07 PM
  #270
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Getting him means NOT giving him reasonable money.
If there's anyone to overpay for...

Beaulieu + 1st + uh.. Bournival for unsigned Pieterangelo?

Before you rip me to shreds try to keep in mind what other players get traded for - it's always 4 quarters for a dollar and much less than whatever the heck HF Board fanboys rate their players.

WhiskeySeven* is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 06:17 PM
  #271
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
If there's anyone to overpay for...

Beaulieu + 1st + uh.. Bournival for unsigned Pieterangelo?

Before you rip me to shreds try to keep in mind what other players get traded for - it's always 4 quarters for a dollar and much less than whatever the heck HF Board fanboys rate their players.
That would create an all-star top 4 but that is a pitiful offering you have made.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 06:29 PM
  #272
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
That would create an all-star top 4 but that is a pitiful offering you have made.
What exactly is fair value for an unsigned RFA asset? A 5.5m deal would be 1st+2nd+3rd if it were an offersheet, all the way up to 6.7m actually.

WhiskeySeven* is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 06:37 PM
  #273
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
What exactly is fair value for an unsigned RFA asset? A 5.5m deal would be 1st+2nd+3rd if it were an offersheet, all the way up to 6.7m actually.
Beaulieu/Tinordi + Gorges+ 1st 2014 + Fucale/DLR/Collberg

EveryDay is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 06:40 PM
  #274
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,946
vCash: 135
What do you guys think about the possible Taylor Hall experiment at Center

JayKing is offline  
Old
09-11-2013, 06:42 PM
  #275
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
What do you guys think about the possible Taylor Hall experiment at Center
IMO its pretty stupid... the guy was performing so well at LW last year. They should use their best UFA signing in years and put him in the first line center.
This team will miss the playoff this year again with that defence and pretty much no depth up front again....

EveryDay is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.