HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLII

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2013, 10:38 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 150
I don't think any player is immune to the bad feelings that come from a holdout. If anything a "fan favorite" would get even more backlash because the fans have more emotional investment in them, which leads to even more frustration in the situation. I would never ever defend the Lacroix boys' role in the ordeal but this agency has demonstrated time and time again that they are willing to conduct their business this way. So even if management had been more open to a true negotiation I don't see any evidence that a long hold out would have been avoided. I want ROR on the team more than I want him traded for equal parts but I also am very concerned over how the next RFA merry-go-round is going to play out.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
For me it is not "hate" at all, but that I no longer feel he is one of those players who I would be overly upset to lose. PL and Sherman were somewhat to blame for the situation, but signing a 2 year deal elsewhere, and then holding out once the season started rubbed me and many others the wrong way.

I now just see him as a very talented player that is great to have on the roster, but who is no longer one of the heart and soul parts of the core like I had thought he was.

Right now I sense he is no longer seen as a vital part of the core going forward, whether its by his choice or the Avs will be the question.
I completely agree with you although if he comes in this season and is just lights out and signs and extension...I might be swayed back to thinking he is part of the core...

With his hold out he made the Avs think about keeping Staz and trading him. Now its totally up in the air as to who moves...

Old
09-11-2013, 10:54 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Franson would make sense to add to this team to help pp qb. I hope the team is exploring him as a trade possibility.

Old
09-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL View Post
Franson would make sense to add to this team to help pp qb. I hope the team is exploring him as a trade possibility.
If we were to acquire him we'd be paying a premium for a guy that is going to decline as soon as next season. All of the statistics and past precedence indicates he is due to decline, increase in salary and especially on our team where he'd be 3rd pairing rather than 2nd.

Old
09-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I'd bet that any player that took the same route would get the same level of flack. Signing a 2 year deal in the KHL was a big slap in the face.
Definitely. O'Reilly was about as well liked and respected as any player. He got the flack because he only had one good offensive year at the time. Dutchy was a bit of a question mark himself before last year, so I'm sure he would have taken a lot of flack too if he held out.

Old
09-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
continue here

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1496509

Closed Thread