HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

12 Years Ago

Old
09-11-2013, 08:39 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
12 Years Ago

It changed our lives. It changed our City. It changed our nation. It changed our home. But it didn't change our resolve or our spirit.

RIP to all those innocent souls lost. Those of us who were here can never forget that day. Those who weren't should never forget that day.

09-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Problematique

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It changed our lives. It changed our City. It changed our nation. It changed our home. But it didn't change our resolve or our spirit.

RIP to all those innocent souls lost. Those of us who were here can never forget that day. Those who weren't should never forget that day.
RIP and stay strong to my New York brethren.

Problematique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 09:00 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
its amazing how far our city has come since then. proud to be a new yorker and american. RIP to all those who were lost and my thoughts are with the ones who have been affected. united we stand

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 09:24 AM
BLOCKERSAVE

I remember been in jersey city watching the towers coming down. So sad. Stay New York Strong everyone.

BLOCKERSAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 09:30 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Just Be Nice

RIP to all and never forget.

As hard as it is I try to watch this every year. Going back up the stairs is what it means to be a hero to me.

09-11-2013, 09:31 AM
clmetsfan

Wrote this a couple years ago on the 10th anniversary, and I think it still resonates. http://fanhub.me/posts/detail/102651...ped-us-recover

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Sending my thoughts to New York today. From Boston with love.

I am Boston Strong
6/15/11
4/15/13
10/30/13 | 2/1/15 | 2/5/17

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Hunter Gathers
Love the Bomb

Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
I always hate this day.

Hunter Gathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 12:56 PM
HockeyBasedNYC
Back-checking Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post

As hard as it is I try to watch this every year. Going back up the stairs is what it means to be a hero to me.

Thanks for posting that HatTrick.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Pizza

Where does the time go. Amazing. I will never forget. RIP to the innocent victims, to the hero's who walked in, to those on flight 93 and all who have made the ultimate sacrifice since then. A horrible, horrible day. But so much about what makes America truly great really came thru. At least that is my opinion. God Bless the departed.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Captain Monglobster

Thanks for that video. The amount of togetherness after that day was unreal. RIP to those that were lost and condolences to their friends and relatives. Never forget. And if you weren't alive or too young, go read.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Machinehead
Somebody Sign Jagr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Sending my thoughts to New York today. From Boston with love.
Thanks for stopping by. Boston/New York rivalries are classic in just about every sport, but it's nice to know we can stand together when things are put into perspective as they were on 9/11 and at the Marathon recently.

09-11-2013, 04:58 PM
*Bob Richards*

vCash:
I was only 7 and I still remember that day as vividly as ever. They pulled us all out of school for it. As soon as I got home, they replayed the second plane crashing. One of the most profound things I have ever seen.

RIP to those lost and bless this awesome country we live in.

Old
09-11-2013, 05:32 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post

Thanks for that link. I hadn't seen that before.

This is another great video that tells a little known story about heroism on that day:

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 05:37 PM
doncherrysgrill
-----

I was young but lived right by Jamaica Bay at the time so I was pretty close to everything. Especially scary was the aftermath of military jets going in and out of JFK and not having any idea if there was more to come. Just anticipation.

My best friend at the time lost his father. My cousin who my mother spent a lot of her life raising lost her best friend. My parents lost one of their close friends. It's tough every year looking back. I finally went to the 9/11 memorial this summer and it was haunting. It's awful to think about how much our world has changed since then.

doncherrysgrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Raspewtin
Fire Clowneault

My mother worked across the street from those towers, scariest day of my life. It's amazing how far this great city has come since.

Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Staxgod90
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Staxgod90
I was in first grade when it happened, they had our parents pick us up and my mother was just in tears when she did. My dad thankfully didn't go to work that week and I'm grateful for that because he worked about two blocks away or so

Staxgod90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 09:03 PM
OrbitalDynamics
#FireVigneault

It's hard to believe it has been 12 years since that horrible morning,seems like just yesterday.

I am a born and raised New Yorker and when I was 8-9 years old my grandfather used to bring me into Manhattan to watch the towers being built.Such a thrill, going into the city with Grandpa for a big day!

Funny how 3 + decades later I'd be watching those same towers struck by commercial aircraft and in the blink of an eye, gone.I'm glad my Grandpa didn't see that.

I grew up in the airline business, my father worked for Pan Am until they shut down in December of 1991 and I myself have worked for American Airlines for the last 21 years at JFK and now LGA.

To see my airline used as a weapon against my city, my country fills me with such sadness,rage and helplessness that even 12 years later it bothers me and I can't properly express the depth of the emotion.

The FDNY video of flight 11 going into the north tower was like someone reaching into my chest and pulling my heart out.That was MY airline, those were MY coworkers,our passengers,they've attacked MY country and MY city using MY airline as the weapon of choice.

Then to watch United hit the south tower a little later was beyond belief all over again.I wanted to vomit.Again.You take working on and around these machines for so many years for granted until something happens to one of them and you get reminded there are people sitting on them.

Come to find out later a guy I went to HS with was lost with FDNY at ground zero.We weren't the best of friends or anything, but I knew the guy, we hung out,still saw each other occasionally.Now he's gone, nothing left but a street named after him in Queens.

I still haven't been to the reflecting pools at ground zero,people say its reverential,soulful,sacred,I don't know, I want to, yet I can't.

I don't know what else to say.

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst

Greatest city in the world because of the greatest people in the world.

My heart is always with the families.

Future generations need to be told the stories -- good and bad -- of what happened that day.

Steve Kournianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 02:35 AM
Fanned On It

I remember that day so vividly. I was in 7th grade and we got taken out of school and when I got home I remember watching the news and seeing the replays/current video of what was happening. I remember feeling like anything could happen for some time after that. Were there going to be more attacks? Things like that... It was pretty profound and I couldn't imagine the pain felt by those who were directly affected.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Hellion
Space Age Hockey

Just watched a documentary, and as much as one may disagree with US politics at times, my hat is off to the NYFD. What a tough, heroic group of guys. RIP to all the victims of the attacks on NY

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote