HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Most of Nash's goals are meaningless...

Old
09-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Aufheben
Crick Nash

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Rationalizations do tend to be based in fact...but sometimes not all the facts, just some of the facts spun in a way to further your argument.
Nonetheless, he/she has a point. Letting certain depth players go had nothing to do with the Nash trade. It seems like people who think the trade was a mistake are misdirecting their anger towards Nash, even though he's performed exactly as advertised.

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Rationalizations do tend to be based in fact...but sometimes not all the facts, just some of the facts spun in a way to further your argument.
I don't know how saying we lost depth players is spinning them to support anything, especially a non existent argument. Do you know what we are arguing about? Because I certainly don't other than you trying to convince me Nash is worse than he truly is because I haven't deluded myself into thinking he is the 2nd coming of Messier in any way. I've been pretty honest in my thoughts about him and it hasn't been blind praise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
Nonetheless, he/she has a point. Letting certain depth players go had nothing to do with the Nash trade. It seems like people who think the trade was a mistake are misdirecting their anger towards Nash, even though he's performed exactly as advertised.
Definitely a he.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Dactyl

vCash: 500
without nash we dont make the playoffs. dubi and arty as good as they are could not have made up for the offense that was missing because richards and gaborik took the year off. nash and hank carried this team to the playoffs, stepan also helped by having an awesome season. in the playoffs nash and hank both underperformed. nash was bad in the playoffs and hank was average. although hank won us a series based on his later play, i think if he was on his game we couldve won it earlier. as far as nash goes, yes he needs to be better if we wan to win. however if you look at toews, ovechkin or kopitar, you can see that its not uncommon for offensive stars to be shutdown in the playoffs when you play teams that focus on you specifically. leading scorers and difference makers are usually depth players when it comes to the playoffs.

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
He (Barbara Underhill) was the one defending Nash by stating the lack of depth hurt Nash in the playoffs. Your argument is with him.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
He (Barbara Underhill) was the one defending Nash by stating the lack of depth hurt Nash in the playoffs. Your argument is with him.
Yeah, way to spin it. I never said the lack of depth hurt Nash in the playoffs. I said the team as a whole didn't play well in the playoffs therefore the blame lands on everyone outside of what 3-4 players?

I never said anything about depth in the playoffs hurting Nash individually, if you're not going to make an attempt to read and understand what people are saying then don't respond to them. You're either ignoring what I am saying, reading it and only absorbing the bits and pieces that go against your argument, or putting words in my mouth if you don't understand my point of view by now.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Levitate

Nash is who most of us thought he was when the trade rumors first popped up. A good player, not a super star player. That he came close to a point per game last year I consider a success, and at the same time find that he was disappointing in the playoffs for the most part.

That said, most players outside of Lundqvist, Brassard, and Zucarello were disappointing in the playoffs.

The lack of depth obviously hurt the Rangers despite acquiring Nash, but Gaborik playing like complete ****, Richards struggling, Staal getting injured, etc, played a huge role in the underachieving last year as well. If Gaborik has a "normal" year then things look a lot better.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Nash is who most of us thought he was when the trade rumors first popped up. A good player, not a super star player. That he came close to a point per game last year I consider a success, and at the same time find that he was disappointing in the playoffs for the most part.

That said, most players outside of Lundqvist, Brassard, and Zucarello were disappointing in the playoffs.
I still think the effort was there from most of the players...but not the execution.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Oak
Hockey fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
without nash we dont make the playoffs. dubi and arty as good as they are could not have made up for the offense that was missing because richards and gaborik took the year off. nash and hank carried this team to the playoffs, stepan also helped by having an awesome season. in the playoffs nash and hank both underperformed. nash was bad in the playoffs and hank was average. although hank won us a series based on his later play, i think if he was on his game we couldve won it earlier. as far as nash goes, yes he needs to be better if we wan to win. however if you look at toews, ovechkin or kopitar, you can see that its not uncommon for offensive stars to be shutdown in the playoffs when you play teams that focus on you specifically. leading scorers and difference makers are usually depth players when it comes to the playoffs.
Very true. Wish more people would think like this.

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Aufheben
Crick Nash

Quote:
I agree with everything about Nash, but Hank was just awesome. He can't do it all himself.

12 GP - 3 SO - 2.14 GAA - .934 SV%

Old
09-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
I agree with everything about Nash, but Hank was just awesome. He can't do it all himself.

12 GP - 3 SO - 2.14 GAA - .934 SV%
oh hank was awesome but he didnt seem like himself in some of the earlier games against the caps. he let in 12 goals in the first 4 games and some of them he definitely could have had. when push comes to shove hank ultimately won us that series by being godly in the last 2 games, but i think if he was on his game we wouldve won earlier than 7 games.

Old
09-13-2013, 07:07 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
After watching NYR PPs, associate coach Arniel says Rick Nash may be more effective in slot than moved around in other areas
https://twitter.com/stevezipay/statu...97997430337536

Quote:
On Rick Nash. Arniel said he noticed he was in a "lot of different looks" last season. Sounds like Nash will play more in slot this year.
https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/sta...96040309760000

"Lot of different looks" is a nice way of saying the Rangers had no idea what they were doing on the PP.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 07:04 PM
thebus2288

But Nash was the best forward so he couldn't be part of the reason why the PP was so bad?? Been there done that. Enjoy the 74pts in 77 games. They won't ALL be meaningless.

thebus2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Vidic15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus2288 View Post
But Nash was the best forward so he couldn't be part of the reason why the PP was so bad?? Been there done that. Enjoy the 74pts in 77 games. They won't ALL be meaningless.
BJ's troll is among us. Why comment when you know jack **** about the Rangers PP? Rangers' PP problems had started long before Nash came here. Enjoy soft as charmin Gaborik, Anisimov and Erixon. Oh, and third line tweener Dubinsky.

Vidic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Aufheben
Crick Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus2288 View Post
Uh, ok?

Weren't like...all his goals in the 3rd period?

Old
09-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
BJ's troll is among us. Why comment when you know jack **** about the Rangers PP? Rangers' PP problems had started long before Nash came here. Enjoy soft as charmin Gaborik, Anisimov and Erixon. Oh, and third line tweener Dubinsky.
Just because the guy raises points you don't like it doesn't mean he's a "troll". Wasn't part of the reason Nash was brought in to provide O, including powerplay O? We traded better defensive players in Dubi and Anisimov to bring in one dimensional offensive forward Nash and our PP stayed EXACTLY the same. 15.7% good for 23rd in the league. But wait things get worse for you. If you look at the playoffs we trade for Nash and we DROP from 17.8% to 9.1%.

So at best Nash did nothing to help the PP and at worst he made it worse. Give me back Dubi and Anisimov.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 11:25 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Just because the guy raises points you don't like it doesn't mean he's a "troll". Wasn't part of the reason Nash was brought in to provide O, including powerplay O? We traded better defensive players in Dubi and Anisimov to bring in one dimensional offensive forward Nash and our PP stayed EXACTLY the same. 15.7% good for 23rd in the league. But wait things get worse for you. If you look at the playoffs we trade for Nash and we DROP from 17.8% to 9.1%.

So at best Nash did nothing to help the PP and at worst he made it worse. Give me back Dubi and Anisimov.
your precious torts didnt exactly put an emphasis on practicing offense or the PP. Girardi and Boyle on the same PP unit? seriously wtf was that man thinking?

Old
09-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
your precious torts didnt exactly put an emphasis on practicing offense or the PP. Girardi and Boyle on the same PP unit? seriously wtf was that man thinking?
Torts was around the year before Nash got here...

And that's not to mention that whole torts doesn't practice O was proven unequivocally to be BS. It hurts your credibility that you don't realize that yet.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 10:22 AM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Most of life is meaningless.
What is the point?
In this place life is meaningless. The only thing that has meaning is being correct about unimportant things and never admitting that opinions you dislike are valid. This place sucks lol....well the place doesn't... just the people for the most part. Barb starting this thread with an insulting overgeneralization was not a good idea

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote