HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Most of Nash's goals are meaningless...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-11-2013, 02:06 PM
  #126
Aufheben
Moderator
Crick Nash
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The jam must flow...
Country: Angola
Posts: 10,337
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Rationalizations do tend to be based in fact...but sometimes not all the facts, just some of the facts spun in a way to further your argument.
Nonetheless, he/she has a point. Letting certain depth players go had nothing to do with the Nash trade. It seems like people who think the trade was a mistake are misdirecting their anger towards Nash, even though he's performed exactly as advertised.

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 02:21 PM
  #127
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,120
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Rationalizations do tend to be based in fact...but sometimes not all the facts, just some of the facts spun in a way to further your argument.
I don't know how saying we lost depth players is spinning them to support anything, especially a non existent argument. Do you know what we are arguing about? Because I certainly don't other than you trying to convince me Nash is worse than he truly is because I haven't deluded myself into thinking he is the 2nd coming of Messier in any way. I've been pretty honest in my thoughts about him and it hasn't been blind praise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
Nonetheless, he/she has a point. Letting certain depth players go had nothing to do with the Nash trade. It seems like people who think the trade was a mistake are misdirecting their anger towards Nash, even though he's performed exactly as advertised.
Definitely a he.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 05:11 PM
  #128
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,180
vCash: 500
without nash we dont make the playoffs. dubi and arty as good as they are could not have made up for the offense that was missing because richards and gaborik took the year off. nash and hank carried this team to the playoffs, stepan also helped by having an awesome season. in the playoffs nash and hank both underperformed. nash was bad in the playoffs and hank was average. although hank won us a series based on his later play, i think if he was on his game we couldve won it earlier. as far as nash goes, yes he needs to be better if we wan to win. however if you look at toews, ovechkin or kopitar, you can see that its not uncommon for offensive stars to be shutdown in the playoffs when you play teams that focus on you specifically. leading scorers and difference makers are usually depth players when it comes to the playoffs.

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 11:11 AM
  #129
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
Nonetheless, he/she has a point. Letting certain depth players go had nothing to do with the Nash trade. It seems like people who think the trade was a mistake are misdirecting their anger towards Nash, even though he's performed exactly as advertised.
He (Barbara Underhill) was the one defending Nash by stating the lack of depth hurt Nash in the playoffs. Your argument is with him.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 12:29 PM
  #130
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,120
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
He (Barbara Underhill) was the one defending Nash by stating the lack of depth hurt Nash in the playoffs. Your argument is with him.
Yeah, way to spin it. I never said the lack of depth hurt Nash in the playoffs. I said the team as a whole didn't play well in the playoffs therefore the blame lands on everyone outside of what 3-4 players?

I never said anything about depth in the playoffs hurting Nash individually, if you're not going to make an attempt to read and understand what people are saying then don't respond to them. You're either ignoring what I am saying, reading it and only absorbing the bits and pieces that go against your argument, or putting words in my mouth if you don't understand my point of view by now.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 12:58 PM
  #131
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,441
vCash: 500
Nash is who most of us thought he was when the trade rumors first popped up. A good player, not a super star player. That he came close to a point per game last year I consider a success, and at the same time find that he was disappointing in the playoffs for the most part.

That said, most players outside of Lundqvist, Brassard, and Zucarello were disappointing in the playoffs.

The lack of depth obviously hurt the Rangers despite acquiring Nash, but Gaborik playing like complete ****, Richards struggling, Staal getting injured, etc, played a huge role in the underachieving last year as well. If Gaborik has a "normal" year then things look a lot better.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 03:01 PM
  #132
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Nash is who most of us thought he was when the trade rumors first popped up. A good player, not a super star player. That he came close to a point per game last year I consider a success, and at the same time find that he was disappointing in the playoffs for the most part.

That said, most players outside of Lundqvist, Brassard, and Zucarello were disappointing in the playoffs.
I still think the effort was there from most of the players...but not the execution.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 08:07 PM
  #133
Oak
Hockey fan
 
Oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
without nash we dont make the playoffs. dubi and arty as good as they are could not have made up for the offense that was missing because richards and gaborik took the year off. nash and hank carried this team to the playoffs, stepan also helped by having an awesome season. in the playoffs nash and hank both underperformed. nash was bad in the playoffs and hank was average. although hank won us a series based on his later play, i think if he was on his game we couldve won it earlier. as far as nash goes, yes he needs to be better if we wan to win. however if you look at toews, ovechkin or kopitar, you can see that its not uncommon for offensive stars to be shutdown in the playoffs when you play teams that focus on you specifically. leading scorers and difference makers are usually depth players when it comes to the playoffs.
Very true. Wish more people would think like this.

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 08:17 PM
  #134
Aufheben
Moderator
Crick Nash
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The jam must flow...
Country: Angola
Posts: 10,337
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
without nash we dont make the playoffs. dubi and arty as good as they are could not have made up for the offense that was missing because richards and gaborik took the year off. nash and hank carried this team to the playoffs, stepan also helped by having an awesome season. in the playoffs nash and hank both underperformed. nash was bad in the playoffs and hank was average. although hank won us a series based on his later play, i think if he was on his game we couldve won it earlier. as far as nash goes, yes he needs to be better if we wan to win. however if you look at toews, ovechkin or kopitar, you can see that its not uncommon for offensive stars to be shutdown in the playoffs when you play teams that focus on you specifically. leading scorers and difference makers are usually depth players when it comes to the playoffs.
I agree with everything about Nash, but Hank was just awesome. He can't do it all himself.

12 GP - 3 SO - 2.14 GAA - .934 SV%

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:02 PM
  #135
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
I agree with everything about Nash, but Hank was just awesome. He can't do it all himself.

12 GP - 3 SO - 2.14 GAA - .934 SV%
oh hank was awesome but he didnt seem like himself in some of the earlier games against the caps. he let in 12 goals in the first 4 games and some of them he definitely could have had. when push comes to shove hank ultimately won us that series by being godly in the last 2 games, but i think if he was on his game we wouldve won earlier than 7 games.

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 07:07 PM
  #136
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
After watching NYR PPs, associate coach Arniel says Rick Nash may be more effective in slot than moved around in other areas
https://twitter.com/stevezipay/statu...97997430337536

Quote:
On Rick Nash. Arniel said he noticed he was in a "lot of different looks" last season. Sounds like Nash will play more in slot this year.
https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/sta...96040309760000

"Lot of different looks" is a nice way of saying the Rangers had no idea what they were doing on the PP.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 07:04 PM
  #137
thebus2288
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
But Nash was the best forward so he couldn't be part of the reason why the PP was so bad?? Been there done that. Enjoy the 74pts in 77 games. They won't ALL be meaningless.

thebus2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 07:42 PM
  #138
Vidic15
Registered User
 
Vidic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus2288 View Post
But Nash was the best forward so he couldn't be part of the reason why the PP was so bad?? Been there done that. Enjoy the 74pts in 77 games. They won't ALL be meaningless.
BJ's troll is among us. Why comment when you know jack **** about the Rangers PP? Rangers' PP problems had started long before Nash came here. Enjoy soft as charmin Gaborik, Anisimov and Erixon. Oh, and third line tweener Dubinsky.

Vidic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 08:16 PM
  #139
Aufheben
Moderator
Crick Nash
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The jam must flow...
Country: Angola
Posts: 10,337
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus2288 View Post
But Nash was the best forward so he couldn't be part of the reason why the PP was so bad?? Been there done that. Enjoy the 74pts in 77 games. They won't ALL be meaningless.
Uh, ok?

Weren't like...all his goals in the 3rd period?

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 10:23 PM
  #140
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
BJ's troll is among us. Why comment when you know jack **** about the Rangers PP? Rangers' PP problems had started long before Nash came here. Enjoy soft as charmin Gaborik, Anisimov and Erixon. Oh, and third line tweener Dubinsky.
Just because the guy raises points you don't like it doesn't mean he's a "troll". Wasn't part of the reason Nash was brought in to provide O, including powerplay O? We traded better defensive players in Dubi and Anisimov to bring in one dimensional offensive forward Nash and our PP stayed EXACTLY the same. 15.7% good for 23rd in the league. But wait things get worse for you. If you look at the playoffs we trade for Nash and we DROP from 17.8% to 9.1%.

So at best Nash did nothing to help the PP and at worst he made it worse. Give me back Dubi and Anisimov.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 11:25 PM
  #141
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Just because the guy raises points you don't like it doesn't mean he's a "troll". Wasn't part of the reason Nash was brought in to provide O, including powerplay O? We traded better defensive players in Dubi and Anisimov to bring in one dimensional offensive forward Nash and our PP stayed EXACTLY the same. 15.7% good for 23rd in the league. But wait things get worse for you. If you look at the playoffs we trade for Nash and we DROP from 17.8% to 9.1%.

So at best Nash did nothing to help the PP and at worst he made it worse. Give me back Dubi and Anisimov.
your precious torts didnt exactly put an emphasis on practicing offense or the PP. Girardi and Boyle on the same PP unit? seriously wtf was that man thinking?

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 11:38 PM
  #142
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
your precious torts didnt exactly put an emphasis on practicing offense or the PP. Girardi and Boyle on the same PP unit? seriously wtf was that man thinking?
Torts was around the year before Nash got here...

And that's not to mention that whole torts doesn't practice O was proven unequivocally to be BS. It hurts your credibility that you don't realize that yet.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 10:22 AM
  #143
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Most of life is meaningless.
What is the point?
In this place life is meaningless. The only thing that has meaning is being correct about unimportant things and never admitting that opinions you dislike are valid. This place sucks lol....well the place doesn't... just the people for the most part. Barb starting this thread with an insulting overgeneralization was not a good idea

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.