HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Training Camp Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2013, 08:47 PM
EveryDay

vCash: 500
Thanks WS!

Old
09-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Thanks WS!
I didn't see the thread already posted about it.....

Old
09-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Clumsyhab

Is their a list of updated height/weight of the current roster?

Old
09-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
That was last year. Dumont is only 23, it stands to reason that he may be ready this year. Plus he has to pass waivers, so rather than risk losing him, it's better to give him a real shot before looking at veterans on the scrap heap.
The 'see if someone emerges as the 4th line centre' logic right now seems similiar to the old regime. Summer 2009, Dominic Moore went unsigned all summer. According to Pierre McGuire he offered his services to the Habs but they weren't interested and he signed with Florida. Later in the year they traded a 2nd round pick to get him, when they could have had him for nothing before. Looked like they learned when the signed Halpern the following summer. Then the following year they again gave up a draft pick to get Nokalainen to fill that role. Last year they lucked out bringing Halpern back for nothing when he went on waivers.

I like Dumont, hope he is able to grab the role. If he doesn't though what is plan b? Don't see many other internal options (hard to see White in the role personally).

So sooner or late, they could be going outside the organization again and what will it cost them this time? We'll see how it plays out, hopefully not at the cost of a significant draft pick or prospect.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
It's been shown that the difference between a ****tier playe like Steckel winning you a small number more draws doesn't translate to much, and can probably hurt you if you're playing him over more comptetent players.
I'm not really a fan of Steckel. He's great on draws but that's about it. I was just giving some examples.

Recent times the Habs have struggled with faceoffs and had to go out and get someone later in the season. Much easier and cheaper to find someone in the summer insteading of paying deadline deal prices.

Hopefully there is an internal solution on the horizon, we'll see.

Old
09-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
+7 pounds of muscle for Galchenyuk.
+6 pounds of muscle for Eller.
Douglas Murray is 240 pounds. (holy ****)

LucGelinasRDS:
Alex Galchenyuk est le joueur qui a pris le plus de masse musculaire cet été (+7 livres, total 203) suivi de Lars Eller (+ 6 livres ŕ 215)

LucGelinasRDS:
A 240 livres, Douglas Murray est le joueur le plus lourd de l'organisation du Canadien
He isn't the fleetest defender and adding weight won't help him

Last edited by Teufelsdreck: 09-11-2013 at 11:37 PM. Reason: delete, repetive
Old
09-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Teufelsdreck

Please delete

Last edited by Teufelsdreck: 09-11-2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: repetition
Old
09-11-2013, 11:33 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
+7 pounds of muscle for Galchenyuk.
+6 pounds of muscle for Eller.
Douglas Murray is 240 pounds. (holy ****)

LucGelinasRDS:
Alex Galchenyuk est le joueur qui a pris le plus de masse musculaire cet été (+7 livres, total 203) suivi de Lars Eller (+ 6 livres ŕ 215)

LucGelinasRDS:
A 240 livres, Douglas Murray est le joueur le plus lourd de l'organisation du Canadien
...et sans vitesse, le tortue

Old
09-12-2013, 12:32 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I look at this and really hope there is a trade of some sort. Prust is too good for the 4th line, he's going to turn into the same despondent unengaged player that Moen currently is there. Prust was effective riding shotgun with the rookies , he kept up with the play, chipped in here and there, and was there for some cleaning work when things went down. He is now a complete waste playing minimal time on line 4 not to mention expensive.

This is the headscratcher with the DD deal, it came at the exact moment he became a surplus player.

This looks like a total concentration of toughness on one line , where it will get used to snarl at the likes of Colton Orr and any other prize fighting threat that occasionally gets sent to the ice. Bah.
Agree with this assessment 100%.

Prust is wasted on the 4th line. Would rather see Bourque down on the 4th.

Old
09-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Agree with this assessment 100%.

Prust is wasted on the 4th line. Would rather see Bourque down on the 4th.
What??? Bourque is at worst a top 9 player but can be good for 25 goals and 50-55 pts if given top 6ish minutes, how does that merit 4th line minutes? I thought he played really well last year until his injury. Prust does his job well , he is an energy player , that can hit / decent fighter & might pot in a goal once in a while he doesn't deserve the LW wing spot over Bourque/Galchenyuk/Pacioretty.

In my opinion lines should be this :

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Briere
Bourque - Desharnais - Gallagher
Prust - White - Moen / Parros

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Diaz
Bouillon - Murray

Old
09-12-2013, 12:47 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
What??? Bourque is at worst a top 9 player but can be good for 25 goals and 50-55 pts if given top 6ish minutes, how does that merit 4th line minutes? I thought he played really well last year until his injury. Prust does his job well , he is an energy player , that can hit / decent fighter & might pot in a goal once in a while he doesn't deserve the LW wing spot over Bourque/Galchenyuk/Pacioretty.

In my opinion lines should be this :

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Briere
Bourque - Desharnais - Gallagher
Prust - White - Moen / Parros

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Diaz
Bouillon - Murray
Its not about Prust being a scorer. Its about Prust allowing his linemates to score by creating space and not allowing Gallagher to be roughed up.

You think that Bourque is going to protect Gallagher or DD after the whistles?

Old
09-12-2013, 12:50 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Yes.

Old
09-12-2013, 12:53 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Its not about Prust being a scorer. Its about Prust allowing his linemates to score by creating space and not allowing Gallagher to be roughed up.

Bourque is a mean mother****er.

Old
09-12-2013, 01:00 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:

Yes, why would he not?

What are you even try to imply?

He was the one jumping on Orr when Orr starting pounding on our captain on the Orr vs. Plekanec incident.

Try again on your hating.

Old
09-12-2013, 01:14 AM
Et le But

Ideally our 4th line has an important defensive role and plays serious minutes to keep our offensive players fresh, much like it did last year. In which case Prust would not be "wasted" if he is playing with real hockey players, and focusing on wearing out the opposition.

Of course Prust is also a good everything man on the 3rd line. Now that we have another 'real' fighter on the 4th line, and one who can't play hockey, some games we will have to double shift players, in which case Prust will have an even more important role. Not to mention PK So it's absolutely no disrespect at all to start time at least part time on the 4th line. Prust will get his, don't worry. Last year we almost killed him, if anything slightly less minutes will be good for him.

Bourque is not a 4th liner, he's too good at scoring and not good enough at anything else. If anything Bourque should be used on an exploitation line with Desharnais and Briere, considering the man got close to 30 goals playing as an exploitation scorer before.

Old
09-12-2013, 01:14 AM
Avim86

Quote:

You have the right to your opinion , but that being said after watching Bourque play , sometimes he can be a little lazy on the hussle , but saying he won't defend his linemates is unfounded. It seems from all the games I've seen and I'll the articles I've read that he is appreciated by his teammates.

He is by no means a heavy weight fighter , but he does stand up for his teammates when the opportunity arises.

Old
09-12-2013, 01:39 AM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

I don't trust that list at the beginning of the thread one bit. It has Prust listed at 6'2''.

That is him next to 6'2'' Eller, Moen, Armstrong.

Old
09-12-2013, 01:43 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
I don't trust that list at the beginning of the thread one bit. It has Prust listed at 6'2''.

That is him next to 6'2'' Eller, Moen, Armstrong.
Prust looks like he is leaning on the furniture behind them (that being said I think he is more 6'1) and Eller is more like 6'2.5/6'3 as apparently Price is 6'3 and Eller looks almost taller.
(Colby is 6'2/6'3 if you want to compare with Prust).

Old
09-12-2013, 01:48 AM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
Prust looks like he is leaning on the furniture behind them (that being said I think he is more 6'1) and Eller is more like 6'2.5/6'3 as apparently Price is 6'3 and Eller looks almost taller.
Colby's leaning too. There's just no point in arguing that Prust is a lot smaller than 6'2''. He's listed at 5'11'', 6'' on a let of websites, which is a lot more plausible. And visually, on the ice, he's no where as large as the likes of Moen and Eller.

Old
09-12-2013, 01:48 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Prust has been 5"11 all his career. He even said himself during last season when Plek had an altercation, saying Plek was inspired by him cause they have the same height.

Old
09-12-2013, 01:50 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
Colby's leaning too. There's just no point in arguing that Prust is a lot smaller than 6'2''. He's listed at 5'11'', 6'' on a let of websites, which is a lot more plausible. And visually, on the ice, he's no where as large as the likes of Moen and Eller.
You could be right but he seems taller then Zac Rinaldo (5'11) :

Old
09-12-2013, 02:26 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Playing both Tarnasky and Parros regularly is probably not a good idea (though Tarnasky might actually be a better player than Parros at this point), however I wouldn't be surprised at all if Tarnasky is called up at some point.
IF Parros won't be ready against the Leaves...I want Tarnasty in the lineup!

I don't ever want the Leaves' goons (ex: Orr) to go after our non-fighters (ex: *Bourque) EVER AGAIN.

Moen - White - Tarnasky

*Bourque can fight but he shouldn't have to fight heavyweights or goons or take sucker-punches from idiots like Orr.

Old
09-12-2013, 03:25 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
IF Parros won't be ready against the Leaves...I want Tarnasty in the lineup!

I don't ever want the Leaves' goons (ex: Orr) to go after our non-fighters (ex: *Bourque) EVER AGAIN.

Moen - White - Tarnasky

*Bourque can fight but he shouldn't have to fight heavyweights or goons or take sucker-punches from idiots like Orr.

How does that stop Orr 'going after' Bourque when you don't have Tarnasky on the ice at the same time as Bourque?

A few games after the Orr/Bourque incident, Orr sucker punched a Bruins player in much the same way (think it was McQuaid). You'll need to allow for that in your explanation...

Old
09-12-2013, 04:43 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
How does that stop Orr 'going after' Bourque when you don't have Tarnasky on the ice at the same time as Bourque?

A few games after the Orr/Bourque incident, Orr sucker punched a Bruins player in much the same way (think it was McQuaid). You'll need to allow for that in your explanation...
I don't want us to hijack this great thread (training camp), but...explanations, arguments over all this has been done in the TOUGH THREAD (or whatever it was called...that thread never ever ends!!!!

I'm going to hope that Parros, White, or Tarnasky can stop Orr from giving sucker punches (especially Parros) to our Bourques (and going after our Pleks...this should never ever happen again).

But, IF Parros can't be there vs the Leaves...I want Tarnasky there (with White). It's up to the coach to put Parros and/or Tarnasky and White on the ice at the same time as Orr (or any other Leaf goon).

IF I'm the coach...you can bet your sweet *** that I'm putting Parros and/or Tarnasky (with White) out there whenever Orr or any other Leaf goon is out there. Orr is only there to start **** or injure. That's why Pleks and/or Bourque (or Briere or Galchy or Gally) should never be out there when a Leaf goon is out there. Common sense (coaching 101...of course you can put Gallagher out there so he can skate circles around Orr and score!! just have to watch your back after since Orr will come after you to sucker punch you).

------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------

Back to training camp talk:
Like someone else wrote (smart guy!)...I'm also loving our depth (and depth can also make you go far in playoffs).

<Tinordi (2013? 2014? I'm betting he's a sure bet for 2014 playoffs)
<Nygren (2013? 2014? he may be the reason if Diaz or Markov are traded at the deadline?)
<Beaulieu (end of season 2014? 2014 playoffs? or 2014-2015)
<Drewiske (not sure when he will get ice-time, but still good for #8-9 depth, but may as well have signed him to the NHL minimum for two yrs?! but I'll still hope there is some Gorges-the-warrior in him...the 'ol Gorges, not the one from last season).

<Leblanc (pressure's on for this season, but I still believe in LL)
<Thomas (2013? or 2014?)
<Bournival (2013 or 2014?)
<Collberg (2014 playoffs? or 2014-2015?)
<Hudon (2014-2015? 2015 playoffs? I'd be surprised to see him in the 2014 Hab playoffs?! after his junior season is done...).
<Dumont (not sure where he fits anymore? maybe too small for our 4th line? but I'll try to remain positive about Dumont...maybe he has an extra gear this year?).

Old
09-12-2013, 04:48 AM
Dada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
I don't want us to hijack this great thread (training camp), but...explanations, arguments over all this has been done in the TOUGH THREAD (or whatever it was called...that thread never ever ends!!!!

I'm going to hope that Parros, White, or Tarnasky can stop Orr from giving sucker punches (especially Parros) to our Bourques (and going after our Pleks...this should never ever happen again).

But, IF Parros can't be there vs the Leaves...I want Tarnasky there (with White). It's up to the coach to put Parros and/or Tarnasky and White on the ice at the same time as Orr (or any other Leaf goon).

IF I'm the coach...you can bet your sweet *** that I'm putting Parros and/or Tarnasky (with White) out there whenever Orr or any other Leaf goon is out there. Orr is only there to start **** or injure. That's why Pleks and/or Bourque (or Briere or Galchy or Gally) should never be out there when a Leaf goon is out there. Common sense (coaching 101...of course you can put Gallagher out there so he can skate circles around Orr and score!! just have to watch your back after since Orr will come after you to sucker punch you).

------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------

Back to training camp talk:
Like someone else wrote (smart guy!)...I'm also loving our depth (and depth can also make you go far in playoffs).

<Tinordi (2013? 2014? I'm betting he's a sure bet for 2014 playoffs)
<Nygren (2013? 2014? he may be the reason if Diaz or Markov are traded at the deadline?)
<Beaulieu (end of season 2014? 2014 playoffs? or 2014-2015)
<Drewiske (not sure when he will get ice-time, but still good for #8-9 depth, but may as well have signed him to the NHL minimum for two yrs?! but I'll still hope there is some Gorges-the-warrior in him...the 'ol Gorges, not the one from last season).

<Leblanc (pressure's on for this season, but I still believe in LL)
<Thomas (2013? or 2014?)
<Bournival (2013 or 2014?)
<Collberg (2014 playoffs? or 2014-2015?)
<Hudon (2014-2015? 2015 playoffs? I'd be surprised to see him in the 2014 Hab playoffs?! after his junior season is done...).
<Dumont (not sure where he fits anymore? maybe too small for our 4th line? but I'll try to remain positive about Dumont...maybe he has an extra gear this year?).
Tarnasky may be a good punching bag for Orr indeed....

http://youtu.be/ZwFqQTnjS1Y

Closed Thread