HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maxwell vs White

Old
11-17-2006, 10:48 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Maxwell vs White

I watched most of tonights game, Kootenay vs Calgary and it was a good one. Kootenay came from behind each time and then finally took the lead to win 4-3. Both Maxwell and White got a lot of time and both played good games.

White scored a goal but it was an easy one and the announcers even said it's likely the easiest goal he'll score all year. The most impressive thing about White was his play along the boards, he showed good strength but I also liked his passing game, he moved the puck well and seems to have good vision. His foot speed needs work and he needs to keep his feet moving.

Maxwell plays a less intense style, runs the point on the PP, clearly has good offensive skills, almost had one but couldn't get past Alzner, who I was impressed with, don't know where he's going in the draft but it should be high. Maxwell did get an assist and his speed/skating is one of his main assets. It helps him in his own end, cause he causally covers his man, looking like he will get beat but when he needs to he can move quickly. I also noticed he made a couple nice plays forechecking down low and even had a solid check. The funny thing about him and I think others have said this, but if you didn't know who he was, there's no way you would peg him as the leagues top scorer or one of since I think he's a point behind. But he is producing points and I really don't know how he's doing it cause in my one any only view of Kootenay, I didn't see a lot of skill among the forwards, so I'm impressed he can get so many points on that team. Not saying they stink or don't have any talent, just what I saw from one game and I don't follow either these teams that closely.

I thought the best player on the ice was Bailey for Kootenay, little guy that went undrafted last year scored 2 goals, his 2nd one was a sweet move and then wristed it up high. Don't know the kid but it was a nice goal and he was all over the place.

Also of note was Alzner. I highly doubt he's on board when we are at the draft table in June, but he was impressive. Big, scored a nice goal, had one or two bad plays but overall he looks like a good one, although this was my first time seeing him play and he is a late '88 so he's got a year on most '07's.

I'll move this to the prospects thread tomorrow.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 11:45 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I watched most of tonights game, Kootenay vs Calgary and it was a good one. Kootenay came from behind each time and then finally took the lead to win 4-3. Both Maxwell and White got a lot of time and both played good games.

White scored a goal but it was an easy one and the announcers even said it's likely the easiest goal he'll score all year. The most impressive thing about White was his play along the boards, he showed good strength but I also liked his passing game, he moved the puck well and seems to have good vision. His foot speed needs work and he needs to keep his feet moving.

Maxwell plays a less intense style, runs the point on the PP, clearly has good offensive skills, almost had one but couldn't get past Alzner, who I was impressed with, don't know where he's going in the draft but it should be high. Maxwell did get an assist and his speed/skating is one of his main assets. It helps him in his own end, cause he causally covers his man, looking like he will get beat but when he needs to he can move quickly. I also noticed he made a couple nice plays forechecking down low and even had a solid check. The funny thing about him and I think others have said this, but if you didn't know who he was, there's no way you would peg him as the leagues top scorer or one of since I think he's a point behind. But he is producing points and I really don't know how he's doing it cause in my one any only view of Kootenay, I didn't see a lot of skill among the forwards, so I'm impressed he can get so many points on that team. Not saying they stink or don't have any talent, just what I saw from one game and I don't follow either these teams that closely.

I thought the best player on the ice was Bailey for Kootenay, little guy that went undrafted last year scored 2 goals, his 2nd one was a sweet move and then wristed it up high. Don't know the kid but it was a nice goal and he was all over the place.

Also of note was Alzner. I highly doubt he's on board when we are at the draft table in June, but he was impressive. Big, scored a nice goal, had one or two bad plays but overall he looks like a good one, although this was my first time seeing him play and he is a late '88 so he's got a year on most '07's.

I'll move this to the prospects thread tomorrow.
thanks for the update . is alzner a defenceman ? and where is he projected to go in next years draft ?

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 12:18 AM
Toro

thx for the report

Im happy that maxwell is doing well but to be honest im not very high on either him or white, they are projects. Especially white with his lack of speed. You never know though, they may develop if they have the drive and get the breaks. Maxwell is closer if i had to pick between them. He seems to be able to play any position and has good hockey sense and runs the power play from the blueline. If he can become a good 2nd 3rd line center i will be very very happy. White can only hope to make a 3rd/4th line if he works hard enough.

we have been drafting well so maybe they will pan out did i just talk myself into them
making it? lol

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 09:05 AM
turnbuckle*

Good call on Alzner Dan. We better hope he's not ther when we draft - he could very well go top three. in fact,this is just an early vibe, but I'm starting to think that Ellerby and alzner may end up going one-two come draft day. Vorqacek, Espo, Couture et al all have weaknesses, while Ellerby and Alzner bring very intriguing packages.
At the very least I think both will be top five selections unless they inexplicably tank.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 06:08 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post
Good call on Alzner Dan. We better hope he's not ther when we draft - he could very well go top three. in fact,this is just an early vibe, but I'm starting to think that Ellerby and alzner may end up going one-two come draft day. Vorqacek, Espo, Couture et al all have weaknesses, while Ellerby and Alzner bring very intriguing packages.
At the very least I think both will be top five selections unless they inexplicably tank.
Wow top 3? Then this must be a really weak draft as far as top end talent goes. I thought he was pegged for more of a top 10 but I lost touch with my ISS contact and haven't read much about this draft. One guy I like for us is Alex Grant but I also liked what little I saw from Steven Lund last year, but haven't seen him this year yet and no clue what round he would go, maybe 4th or so?

Quote:
Im happy that maxwell is doing well but to be honest im not very high on either him or white, they are projects. Especially white with his lack of speed. You never know though, they may develop if they have the drive and get the breaks. Maxwell is closer if i had to pick between them. He seems to be able to play any position and has good hockey sense and runs the power play from the blueline. If he can become a good 2nd 3rd line center i will be very very happy. White can only hope to make a 3rd/4th line if he works hard enough.
I agree both are projects. Maxwell clearly has impressive offensive skills, but we'll see how he fares at the pro level, although he's got 2 years to get stronger. White needs work on his skating/foot speed but I like what I've seen from him, seems to do whatever he can to help his team win. Both are interesting prospects that will have several years to work on their game and we'll see what they can bring to the organization.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote