HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - [Who Needs Eisbaren Berlin When It's Flyers Season] Part five.

Closed Thread

Old
09-04-2013, 02:25 PM
you Giroux it for me

vCash: 500
Does anyone know of a place that can turn my Bryz WC into...I dunno, almost anyone else? I finally bit the bullet and got a Bryz one because it was marked down and I really just wanted a 2012 WC jersey. Got my gf a Briere premiere for $30 too

Old
09-06-2013, 07:36 AM
P0W3R 5E2G3

First of all, is it an authentic? And if so where'd you get it? : )

But seriously-- If I were you I would head over to the Ice Jerseys Forum and look around. There are some threads outlining how to strip a jersey that you may find useful. You could also ask for 'Mike'- I'm pretty sure he's the community expert on that subject and should be able to either help you or do it for you.

Then all you would need to do is send it out to Philly Express to get it re-customized. At least that's my understanding of the situation. Good luck!

Old
09-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Meigray should be sending out their request calls today for pre-ordering gamers. Also, they'll have a set up at Xfinity Live throughout the week of training camp where you can pre-order there. I asked to be added to Lecavalier's request list before it was officially announced that he was signing here. Hopefully i'm high on the list.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
09-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Just got my call. Preordered Lecavalier's Home Set One.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:55 AM
leclair1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Just got my call. Preordered Lecavalier's Home Set One.
Damn nice, I bet that was pricey! Without getting too personal, do they do payment plans for those kind of big ticket items?

Old
09-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post
Damn nice, I bet that was pricey! Without getting too personal, do they do payment plans for those kind of big ticket items?
It was pretty pricey. 2nd highest amount I have spent on a jersey but it was still less than I originally priced it at which I am happy about.

The entire price IS NOT due until they get the jersey in stock (which is around June). You just have to put 20% down right now and you can pay it off during the time until June or just pay all at once (once June comes). If I had to put all of the money down right now I probably wouldn't have bought it but having the luxury of putting together the other 80% in several months is a nice luxury.

Also, if he doesn't play well or if he gets hurt or something like that you don't have to buy the jersey. For the 20% you are just reserving the jersey and the right to buy it once it becomes available.

Last edited by Hollywood Couturier: 09-11-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old
09-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Flyers845

Just Pre ordered hartnell home set 1 hoping for some fights and hat tricks!

Old
09-11-2013, 06:46 PM
leclair1088

Quote:
It was pretty pricey. 2nd highest amount I have spent on a jersey but it was still less than I originally priced it at which I am happy about.

The entire price IS NOT due until they get the jersey in stock (which is around June). You just have to put 20% down right now and you can pay it off during the time until June or just pay all at once (once June comes). If I had to put all of the money down right now I probably wouldn't have bought it but having the luxury of putting together the other 80% in several months is a nice luxury.

Also, if he doesn't play well or if he gets hurt or something like that you don't have to buy the jersey. For the 20% you are just reserving the jersey and the right to buy it once it becomes available.
Do they refund the 20% if you change your mind?

Old
09-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Do they refund the 20% if you change your mind?
http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/serv...m&ctl_nbr=2381
Quote:
For pre-orders, deposits will be returned in full within 7 days if collectors decline to purchase jersey.
I actually thought that they kept the deposit but you could use it on other stuff from Meigray but according to that you get the money back.

EDIT: Upon further review they charge you 25% not 20% and according to this you don't get your money back in your pocket. Although I'm sure you could raise a complaint since it does say what it says above on their site.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/serv...4546&scId=4546

Quote:
• Jerseys available for pre-order online will appear with PRE-ORDER after the Game Type.

• A 25% deposit will hold any jersey until it arrives at MGG. Balances WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY PROCESSED with the same credit card used for the deposit and jerseys will be shipped when they arrive unless the collector specifically notifies MGG to call or e-mail before processing. And in those cases, payment must be made within 10 days of notification or deposit will be forfeited.

• Refunds will not be given on cancelled pre-orders. You may change from one pre-ordered jersey to another, or you can use your deposits without penalty on in-stock retail-priced items.

• EXCEPTION: Full refunds will be given on pre-orders that cannot be fulfilled by the team or MGG due to non-delivery of the jersey, unavailability of the jersey due to circumstances out of the team or MGG’s control, if a player does not play in the jersey, or if the jersey is retained by the club for historical purposes, or if the jersey cannot be made available due to NHL game circumstances beyond our reasonable control.

Last edited by Hollywood Couturier: 09-11-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old
09-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Why would anyone, not related by blood, want a Powe jersey? Honestly.
I was a big fan of Powe when he played here, especially in the 2010 run. I was sad when he was no longer a Flyer.

I'm not going out to buy his jersey or anything, but if I had access and the funds for a game worn Powe jersey photomatched to Game7 against the Bruins, I would be a happy customer. Specially with that blood smear on the number, that's awesome!

Old
09-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Flyers845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair View Post
I was a big fan of Powe when he played here, especially in the 2010 run. I was sad when he was no longer a Flyer.

I'm not going out to buy his jersey or anything, but if I had access and the funds for a game worn Powe jersey photomatched to Game7 against the Bruins, I would be a happy customer. Specially with that blood smear on the number, that's awesome!
I dunno if it's blood I doubt it. Probably dasher board paint or goal post but who knows!

Found another powe my most recent pickup. Video highlights to game 3 ecf 2010

Old
09-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Old
09-12-2013, 11:11 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Surprised to see Streit's both sold out already, and apparently my jersey from last year just got a bump in price . I'd really like to get a Kimmo but I don't think I have the means for it.

Edit: Just noticed the white rosehill gone too.

Old
09-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Surprised to see Streit's both sold out already, and apparently my jersey from last year just got a bump in price . I'd really like to get a Kimmo but I don't think I have the means for it.
Talked to the guys from Meigray. Some guy from Switzerland bought both. They said he wanted his first game in the Flyers uniform. So they might back out of one of them once the first game is played.

Edit: Yup, I can't explain the Rosehill haha. I know the story behind all of the other jerseys sold (Switzerland, Flyers845, and myself). Probably the lady and the husband who loved Shelley. Never understood that one.

I'm tempted to get one of the goalies or Grossmann. I want to get a goalie but I don't want to get one of the goalie who is getting shipped out after this year.

Old
09-12-2013, 11:42 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Wow, some of those are not cheap...

Old
09-12-2013, 11:51 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
Wow, some of those are not cheap...
Coburn's the longest tenured Flyer left in the organization and he's the same as Hall and less then Meszaros Gustaffsson and Rinaldo. Only 100 bucks more then Bruno Gervais...

Old
09-12-2013, 12:09 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

If those were signed by the player in addition to being game worn - I might definetly be interested in the Grossmann for $495. I paid $250 for a signed, game used hockey stick from Grossmann earlier this year thru the Flyers Charity auction.

I kinda get more fun outta having a signed item than just a purely used item.

Old
09-12-2013, 12:12 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Coburn's the longest tenured Flyer left in the organization and he's the same as Hall and less then Meszaros Gustaffsson and Rinaldo. Only 100 bucks more then Bruno Gervais...
Part of the reason he's the cheapest. There are a lot of Coburn Flyers gamers out there. They can't go much cheaper than that price level either. Also Coburn gamers haven't sold well. Last year only one sold (White Set Two) and the year before only two sold. That's out of four jerseys and six jerseys respectively. His SCF gamer was available pretty recently too.

Rinaldo's will most likely sell because he is a tough player and their will most likely be some wear and tear on it.

Gustafsson is potential.

Mez? I don't know about him haha.

Some of the pricing is most definitely weird though. Giroux's doubled since I bought my Giroux gamer (11-12 Set One). That's obviously because he's the captain. 3 out of 4 of his gamers sold last year at $3,500. I expected a price drop in his jerseys but it didn't happen. People will still probably buy them.

The most outrageously priced jersey I've come across was Schenn's WC jersey. Not proud to admit this but the price was public knowledge since I posted the charts of the prices when they were sold after the WC. It was priced at $3,250 before he scored in the game, which was the 3rd highest on the team IIRC (Behind Giroux and Jagr). This was at the point where Schenn didn't show much of anything at the NHL level and was coming back from a concussion for the game.

A lot of the pre-order prices on Meigray are priced for the "gotta have it" crowd like myself. They price the jerseys at a level where they don't really care that much if people buy them right away but they know that some people will come around and buy them. They have sales twice every year where they'll discount the past jerseys significantly and that's where it seems they sell the most.

Old
09-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16

vCash: 400
Anyone know if they'll be selling the Rookie game jerseys from Monday?

I'd love to have a Morin jersey already

Old
09-12-2013, 12:22 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Yes, I have seen some of the sales. I get the emails for them.

Heck, Giroux's carnival jersey went for a high amount last year. I tried to get Talbot's carnival jersey 2 years ago - as it was signed, and I had met him that year. Last year, I tried to get the Grossman Carnival jersey... Also, signed by him. I actually had it until the last few minutes... It went for more than I was willing to spend...

Since they were signed and I had met them when they wore that particular jersey - I was willing to try. I settled on those signed sticks later. And actually, I got outbid on a game used Talbot stick once too. The set from the auction I got, I didn't expect to get. For whatever reason, the prices didn't go up much on any of them from that batch....

I really only wanted the Grossmann game used/signed stick. But, I bid on both, expecting to be outbid on at least 1 of them. I ended up getting both at the minimum bid of $250 each. I was at a location without a computer when the auctions finished, so I had made the bids before I left.

Old
09-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair View Post
Anyone know if they'll be selling the Rookie game jerseys from Monday?

I'd love to have a Morin jersey already
They might sell it and if he plays in a preseason game they'll definitely sell it. I imagine it will be pretty damn expensive though. You can send them an email and ask about it sales@meigray.com

Old
09-13-2013, 08:42 PM
leclair1088

Quote:
The email I got about this event said they were going to be showing off some kind of historic jerseys if I remember correctly. What was that all about?

Old
09-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
The email I got about this event said they were going to be showing off some kind of historic jerseys if I remember correctly. What was that all about?
They have a bunch of old game worn flyers jerseys.

Old
09-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Flyers845

Quote:

Nice I wonder who's old gamers they are? Maybe stu from meigray owns them

Old
09-14-2013, 01:00 AM
leclair1088

Quote:

Damn nice, for sale or just show?

Closed Thread